Legendary Elements/Jewels

Sa1loR JaRRy

As a whale player, I have enjoyed the game (for the most part) and would hate to see my investment wasted with the "death" of the game. I never felt like I was really paying to win, but more so "buying stock" and getting a few perks.

I still have a few alt accounts that I use completely free to play though and I can totally see some serious obstacles for new or undergeared players:

1. AP requirements for some dungeons are just stupid (750 Yeti)

2. Legendary jewels and elements

3. Honorary Ornaments (elysion orbs) and moonstones.

I'd like these items to be farmable by a few different methods:

PvP.

Make an alternate way to get these by using zen beans and battlepoints. 

Each jewel: 1k-2k zen beans or 500-1k battlepoints

Each element: 2k-3k zen beans or 1.5k-2k battle points.

In addition, let's make pvp mat farming relevant again:

An arena treasure pouches buyable with zen beans: 1k zen beans per pouch (a dailies worth).  Has a chance for evolved stones too (small chance).

Make pouches give more drops for each rating (like soulstone pouches).

I think this would help with the PvP side of the game and really give new or undergeared players a way to farm some of the harder to obtain items, without feeling like a burden on other players or wasting precious gold on repair hammers (6v6).

The 6v6 rewards would have to remain superior to the arena rewards though to maintain that sense of progression:

My idea: arena gives account bound mats and 6v6 gives tradeables.

A nice way for players to gear and level (to a point) while still requiring a little work. 

The main focus would be to give players a steady way to gear pvp gear or gear decently through their pvp time. Celestial Basin is good for farming PvE gear, but this would be the other half of the farm.

This also helps make arena less of a "hardcore players" only club and a place where Pvp noobs  (like me) can go without feeling like they are holding themselves back in progression because they are not spamming dungeons.

In short: If they do nothing else, at least put the damn element/jewel option in. 20g a piece sucks when each accessory needs at least 100.

Adding better rewards, especially to arenas would be awesome, not only because new people can gear faster in an environment where stats don't matter, but if the rewards were better a lot more people would try out pvp, which is a huge part in other regions, but seems neglected here and only a minority of the players spend any time there.

Seems like a no brainer, dunno why it isnt done :(

6 minutes ago, Vexthal said:

Adding better rewards, especially to arenas would be awesome, not only because new people can gear faster in an environment where stats don't matter, but if the rewards were better a lot more people would try out pvp, which is a huge part in other regions, but seems neglected here and only a minority of the players spend any time there.

Seems like a no brainer, dunno why it isnt done :(

They don't put good rewards in arena because we had bad experience in the past that people exploited the arena to the max, especially in 3v3 arena. During the exploits, you see majority of the top tier players were low level (30-45) players with no gears at all because they spam trade kills when not many people online. Also, players can just afk in each single match to stock up the zean bean and get the rewards as well. Now, the exploits stopped because the rewards sucks that they can earn more by doing other stuff or maybe they quit the game already. Who knows?

Legendary elements and jewels have an alternative way of transmuting which we will get later on, so dont worry about it, soon we will have it and things will be much better then. Stock up that powder and you will get what you want almost for free :)

About the orbs, they are essential part of the upgrading and they are meant to be harder to get. Not a big deal, just run BT and you will get a ton.

1 hour ago, NightFer said:

Legendary elements and jewels have an alternative way of transmuting which we will get later on, so dont worry about it, soon we will have it and things will be much better then. Stock up that powder and you will get what you want almost for free :)

About the orbs, they are essential part of the upgrading and they are meant to be harder to get. Not a big deal, just run BT and you will get a ton.

Just have to get the gear to run BT first, which requires a pretty significant amount of elysian crystals.

9 hours ago, NightFer said:

Powder? like Element Powder from salvaging weapons and Jewel Powder from salvaged Accesories?

On 7/27/2017 at 5:48 PM, FrozenB said:

They don't put good rewards in arena because we had bad experience in the past that people exploited the arena to the max, especially in 3v3 arena. During the exploits, you see majority of the top tier players were low level (30-45) players with no gears at all because they spam trade kills when not many people online. Also, players can just afk in each single match to stock up the zean bean and get the rewards as well. Now, the exploits stopped because the rewards sucks that they can earn more by doing other stuff or maybe they quit the game already. Who knows?

That's why I suggested only having account bound mats from arenas. The idea is to make it great for new players and useful for geared players. 

The idea is that at a point, it'll be more beneficial to do 6v6, but by that time you'll have some pvp gear and fighting experience to still make it interesting ( you'll still explode when hit by ascendant weapons though). 

The increasing quality of the pouches based on rating would encourage people to play and not camp ladder (getting evolved stones from  plat, diamond pouches)

The account bound part, would make it unprofitable for bots and exploiters, but still useful for actual players. 

*They don't neglect the rewards to prevent exploits. They neglect it because they're lazy. 

1 hour ago, Sa1loR JaRRy said:

That's why I suggested only having account bound mats from arenas. The idea is to make it great for new players and useful for geared players. 

The idea is that at a point, it'll be more beneficial to do 6v6, but by that time you'll have some pvp gear and fighting experience to still make it interesting ( you'll still explode when hit by ascendant weapons though). 

The increasing quality of the pouches based on rating would encourage people to play and not camp ladder (getting evolved stones from  plat, diamond pouches)

The account bound part, would make it unprofitable for bots and exploiters, but still useful for actual players. 

*They don't neglect the rewards to prevent exploits. They neglect it because they're lazy. 

Even if they put them into arena merchant, it won't be cheap anyways, considering it is 20g each in dragon express. I am guessing it would be more like 10-20k bean per 1 jewelry or element. Also, I don't suggest to put evolved stones there because exploiters or botters can farm them and make tradable oils. Platinum? Don't under-estimate the power of exploiters/botters. During the exploiters, most of them were in platinum or even in diamonds. 

23 hours ago, FrozenB said:

Even if they put them into arena merchant, it won't be cheap anyways, considering it is 20g each in dragon express. I am guessing it would be more like 10-20k bean per 1 jewelry or element. Also, I don't suggest to put evolved stones there because exploiters or botters can farm them and make tradable oils. Platinum? Don't under-estimate the power of exploiters/botters. During the exploiters, most of them were in platinum or even in diamonds. 

The prices I gave were just example numbers. It would have to be tweaked to be appropriate. 

As for the exploiters and bots, would be tough to bot at plat and diamond. Exploits would be hard to deal with, but you'll always have those wherever there's profit in it. Ex: clan 6v6 1300 ascendant 

Maybe not evolved stones (it would just be a chance, not guaranteed), but I think everything I else I mentioned would be good. Would definitely make arena more lively.

Archived