Server Merge Discussion

Kyrrua

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gosh, I really hope this isn't the end.  Bns has $700 of my money ;___; 

And I will never have this ping ever again Dx 

I mean, I saw a few new players in faction chat recently, so maybe there will be a gradual fill in.  God, I hope this isn't the end.  

Yeah, a few new players are not gonna be enough. This game's world needs at least a good 5k online peeps at prime time in order to feel alive. I doubt there are this many people online daily among all the servers. Guess the hands of xanos they took away came back to give them a middle finger in the place of all the people who left due to a number of reasons tied to that "mistake". And it's pretty obvious that there are tons of people that went to other games. I ask in various game chats if someone played BnS and I get a healthy number of responses, a hefty number of them left due to recent screw ups from NC's side. I'd like to say "called it". You don't get to keep people's money by giving them what they don't want and expecting them to be happy.

39 minutes ago, RyuueLaview said:

Gosh, I really hope this isn't the end.  Bns has $700 of my money ;___; 

And I will never have this ping ever again Dx 

I mean, I saw a few new players in faction chat recently, so maybe there will be a gradual fill in.  God, I hope this isn't the end.  

Only $700? Pfff i have invested like $2.000 in this game plus i ruined my life for this and now seems like we are little by little facing the end. All because they introduced the last patch. 

23 minutes ago, MassiveEgo said:

Yeah, a few new players are not gonna be enough. This game's world needs at least a good 5k online peeps at prime time in order to feel alive. I doubt there are this many people online daily among all the servers. Guess the hands of xanos they took away came back to give them a middle finger in the place of all the people who left due to a number of reasons tied to that "mistake". And it's pretty obvious that there are tons of people that went to other games. I ask in various game chats if someone played BnS and I get a healthy number of responses, a hefty number of them left due to recent screw ups from NC's side. I'd like to say "called it". You don't get to keep people's money by giving them what they don't want and expecting them to be happy.

Indeed. The only reason why I am still playing this game is that there are no other new online games that catch my attention yet.

There are few mistakes and game structure that they made really turns me off.

1) No rollback from the last trove event mistakes. Some players gain huge benefits from last trove with double keys + items.

2) Rollback on a tiny small mistake with the xano hands. They handled the mistakes differently when compared to the trove event. This proves that rollback is possible for anything. It just depends on if GMs want to do it or not.

3) Afkers/leechers in dungeon issue never solved since the beginning of this game. This problem is getting bigger since the day after they removed 4m mode or hard mode for lower level heroic dungeon. 

4) The rare items don't drop as much in lower level heroic dungeon because they are the same drop rate as 6m normal mode before. Back in the old days, in 4m hard mode, these rare items drop more often and the dungeons are more challenging because a lot fewer players go afk or leech in this hard mode. I still don't understand why they remove the 4m hard mode. At least they should have the 6m hard mode for all lower heroic dungeons like the top big5 heroic dungeons. Players have the options to choose what they want.

Server merge has in the past been the developer acknowledgement of the end of a game.  It is also usually followed by sale to another and sub-par management company.  They say they have been listening to player feedback, but I fail to see that.  The lack of feedback acknowledgement is what has led to the decline in player base.  The "solution" the have come to for raids, is political speak for, we are cutting cost.  It has nothing to do with resolving 24 people raids.  This game can't handle 24 people in 1 place w/o lagging and DCs.  The overall server lag during BG frenzy is horrible now......let alone with only 2 servers.

They are cutting third losses, and feeding it to us like we asked for this.  RIP

Well, looks like I'm going to quit this game for good. I will have too much difficulty farming items. I don't buy their premise regarding the raid because it makes no sense. You can't even do the new raids without raven gear, which most players do not have. The real reason for the merge:

* prevents gold farmers from easy farming in empty servers.

* benefits the large clans that are selling spots for the raids

* induce inflation for the benefit of the gold sellers and BnS shop

The game has to be dead. All I see are gold farmers from China, Indonesia, and Vietnam.

5 hours ago, iokunn said:

Only $700? Pfff i have invested like $2.000 in this game plus i ruined my life for this and now seems like we are little by little facing the end. All because they introduced the last patch. 

What exactly was the issue over the last patch? And man, sorry to hear that :( .  Hopefully things will get better our at least you can refocus your efforts. 

Has anyone stopped to think that maybe the new servers will fix the lag and disconnect issues people have been complaining about? I have a feeling they will be more stable and it doesn't mean the game is dying because we don't know the capacity of the servers which could be a lot, at least on my server there is always active people.

Nah, server merges don't mean this game is going away. Last game I played ( which is still going btw, their 11th year anniversary just happened ) went under many server merges. I really hope that these server merges will improve the games performance, as in I can stay logged in longer then 45 minutes. Only reason why I still even try to play this game is because I have yet to find a suitable replacement. 

My thinking is with the games performance is their servers are overloaded. Sure Ncsoft can say it's the individuals fault, something on our end. Could also be one of the many hubs that our connections have to pass through. It could be a ddos attack. Sure I've seen it. Only problem with those excuses is the first two is happening to way too many people to be that isolated of a problem. In regards to the ddos attacks. Sure they could've happened but for this long? I've played private servers ( not for this game in particular, or any other Ncsoft title) that had handles ddos attacks much better and sooner.

Then I start reading here that their new game MxM, are sharing Blade and Souls servers and the overload at peak times is just too much. So I am hoping that these server merges happening will keep Bns separate from MxM and this game will become playable, otherwise not only myself but I'm sure many others will move on and take their future gaming budget with them.

So I see these server merges as a very positive thing. August 9th we will see : )

umm am i wrong or its just a servers merge not groups... enlight me pls..  

what i understood,, we'll have 3 realms in EU and all groups under it.. but i just dont think it'll be a group merge.. i mean.. we couldnt join a clan in G1/2 while our char is in G3/4 or  could we ? O.o

Server merging is not going to fix the problem of not being able to find raids. Server merging will most likely disrupt the faction balance and make more players uncomfortable and see more players leaving the game for other games.

The only way in my opinion to improve raid/party searching situation is to increase CLAN MEMBER CAPACITY. I have been requesting it for a year and nothing has been done. 

Reason being even if you have a clan of 80 members now, for all to come online at the same time is pretty difficult. Some maybe inactive , different time zone, exams/studying, working, or even sub characters etc. 

Lets say you have 25-30 members online each night, some may be doing daily challenge, another doing event, another doing celestial basin, you can most likely have 2 raiding party or at max 3.  If members have different level range / dungeon requirements, you will end up with at max 2 raiding party or so.

But if you increase clan capacity, by 160 members or even 240 or 320? what happens, easy, multiply the number of raids possible base on above scenario. Simple logically situation simulation. 

Why this works? My clan use to create 2 clan. One in crimson, one in cerulean. When we were online at usual timing, we can form a full 24 man in Soul stone plains. that means a capacity of 160  including sub characters, some members who may not be active and different time zone log in. and with the 24 man in soul stone plains, we can even have a couple of party in raids. 

So its already proven.

I don't really understand why developers keep denying this and keep going on mergers that makes situation worst than it is.

Moral of the story, bring everyone closer by having a BIGGER FAMILY, not a BIGGER PLAYER BASE WITH MORE PERFORMANCE ISSUES LATER.

I rest my case, if developers / publishers are still not listening (which they say they are getting feedback and here's one big one), there's nothing i can do about it either.

How about.. just wait until it's there?

You guys probably aren't old enough to get this, but nearly every game has a constantly decreasing playerbase. This is even harder for games like BnS, which were ultra hyped in the beginning. So oft course there are people jumping off especially for the first two years. There are enough games with a playerbase being way below 10% of BnS and still continue for more than 5 years.

You should stop with these wannabe-prognoses, a merge doesn't mean a game is dead, and a patch does not destroy a game.

There probably won't be much performance changes or ping problems, a merge is nothing else than a grouping with a cleaned up database.

I doubt that there will be a login queue either, even 1 week after the release, the queues were already pretty good.

But then I remember.. this is the most toxic and hateful game forum I ever read, so why even bother..

@Azurelis

Clan capacity? wtf? You need 24 people for a raid, and some clans even have wing clans for lower geared people. If you aren't able to organize your people to get a full 24 man party out of 80 people (not considering twinks), you should get other members, not an even higher limit. "If developers are not listening..." some people value their opinion a little bit too high. You are the first one I heard of who thinks that this would solve anything, and after reading your arguments.. I don't agree.

Well, looks like I'm going to quit this game for good. I will have too much difficulty farming items. I don't buy their premise regarding the raid because it makes no sense. You can't even do the new raids without raven gear, which most players do not have. The real reason for the merge:

* prevents gold farmers from easy farming in empty servers.

* benefits the large clans that are selling spots for the raids

* induce inflation for the benefit of the gold sellers and BnS shop

The game has to be dead. All I see are gold farmers from China, Indonesia, and Vietnam.

Let me correct you on this. "The real reason in YOUR opinion for the merge". Important difference ;)

And well.. preventing gold farmers and benefiting gold sellers? You should rethink that.

Benefiting large clans.. and benefiting smaller clans which are striving to find people to run the raid by themselves.. Basically beneficient for both.

Why should it induce inflation? The prices are more or less the same on the merged servers, and wasn't the F5 for all servers anyway? Even if not, you get playerbases with their gold merged together, you get their items merged together. Most items and gold get grinded from spots which are not affected by the size of a playerbase (apart from SSP), so over all, I guarantee you, you won't even notice a big difference.

All you see are gold farmers? I can only speak for my server, but hell, I haven't seen any of them in a long time. Compared to how it was a year ago...

And don't worry, the local publishements of games usually won't die until their originals die. And KR is doing well, just as EU / NA still does.

How dose the merge help regarding boss fights ?

I've never seen problems for MSP / Khanda ..   Big clans taking in small people as long as they pay...    well I guess BT will be cheaper now since other clans will want to take people... so .. there's that.. but as far as pugs go..  no..   I just don't see randoms doing BT ....  not even with 12 man ..  to enter BT as a pug I'm guessing you will need 950 / 1000 ap . easy...  so.. the lower geared are ONCE MORE left with the eyes in the sun.

Now as I don't care since I'm above 950 and with a decent clan.. but still.. saying a "boss fix" is a bad reason .

I'm fully ignoring .. FULLY .. the fact that people will have a ping problem, because, how INCOMPETENT would you have to be to NOT fix your problem were people already have problems with the traffic as it is with the existing number.. so I'm hoping they are fixing the problem and not just pushing a few more hundred people on the same band.. because it would be funny as hell .. and I would be leaving this game as well

I'm still waiting for them to give us the exact rewards, like bonus for the amount of time you stay logged in ..  cheaper ways to make oils bla bla... I think this would be a kick in the nuts for most of us ..and will just straight out leave proving for the pay content that so many denied.

O well.

Let's see what happens.. if they fixed the internet problems.. things should be just fine, I just don't care on the fact that there are more people around, I like it, because then you will visually see how things decline ...

There's LITERALLY NO COMING BACK from this .. this kids is the end OR the new begging

Like it or NOT .. if BNS will not recover, as in make the people stay there's no way to stop the bleeding, since we got united it means a lot of people left, adding the merge will only show now "how big" the community is..   that's it..   I've never see were a merge means something good.. stop talking nonsense if you don't have experience in marketing or HR / PR ... this is a business.

Now BNS has to OFFER .. if they don't know this, the game is dead, now is when BNS HAS TO OFFER BETTER THINGS .. it's no longer about "we can afford to loose" , no... it's done, that time has passed.

People need to feel the joy of playing once more, if people say "not worth it"...   things will be visually be seen, now imagine the hot spots in towns, add a lot more people in them,  day after day you will either see a constant number a slow decrease or a slow increase.

I'm happy they made this merge, not because I care about it, but because I get to see the  state the game is in.

I'm happy because this is the ONE chance BNS gets to push the reset button.... only if they respect us , the community.... if not.. it will be 100% proof that they just want to milk it.

That's it... look at it what way you want.. but this is it.

BNS don't disappoint 

"That's it... look at it what way you want.. but this is it."

^

|

|

Again someone who states his opinion as a fact.

Remember, there will be 12m raids in future, and how is the merge not helpful for lower geared people? People with a decent clan don't need a merge, and nobody would like to run pug BTs. More people, more lower geared clans, more possibilities to find a spot in a clan who runs BT. Since I am in a clan who runs BT and has no full 24 man party though, I'm looking forward to this part of it.

8 minutes ago, Leyren said:

"That's it... look at it what way you want.. but this is it."

^

|

|

Again someone who states his opinion as a fact.

Remember, there will be 12m raids in future, and how is the merge not helpful for lower geared people? People with a decent clan don't need a merge, and nobody would like to run pug BTs. More people, more lower geared clans, more possibilities to find a spot in a clan who runs BT. Since I am in a clan who runs BT and has no full 24 man party though, I'm looking forward to this part of it.

My opinion is a fact.. and I am more the happy to hold you up to it.

If they had a lot of people, there would be no need for a merge... it's easy.. I remember towns full up.. now it's a desert.

I'm only talking about what I've see on other games that had merges, but others games did 2 things.. a ) let it die  b ) start to offer some very decent stuff so that people stay so they can stop the bleeding and invest on marketing.

L2 for example offered a lot of free stuff... a lot.. Aion as well... this not something "new" .. I'm not making this stuff up and I'm not posting because I have nothing better to do.. I'm only stating what's going to happen because it did on another games...  and  again "like it or not" but Blade and Soul is still very young to suffer from this problem... but .. looks like they have it way sooner.

To tell you the truth, I did see this merge coming, but I gave it another year till it would happen and to tell the truth once more, I didn't expect all the EU servers to merge, I really didn't ... I thought they would break 1 group and out of 3 they would make 2... but not 1... that's just bad... that's why I hope the ping wont suffer.

55 minutes ago, Alkaa said:

My opinion is a fact.. and I am more the happy to hold you up to it.

If they had a lot of people, there would be no need for a merge... it's easy.. I remember towns full up.. now it's a desert.

I'm only talking about what I've see on other games that had merges, but others games did 2 things.. a ) let it die  b ) start to offer some very decent stuff so that people stay so they can stop the bleeding and invest on marketing.

L2 for example offered a lot of free stuff... a lot.. Aion as well... this not something "new" .. I'm not making this stuff up and I'm not posting because I have nothing better to do.. I'm only stating what's going to happen because it did on another games...  and  again "like it or not" but Blade and Soul is still very young to suffer from this problem... but .. looks like they have it way sooner.

To tell you the truth, I did see this merge coming, but I gave it another year till it would happen and to tell the truth once more, I didn't expect all the EU servers to merge, I really didn't ... I thought they would break 1 group and out of 3 they would make 2... but not 1... that's just bad... that's why I hope the ping wont suffer.

As a matter of fact, an opinion is still an opinion. Unless you're able to see in the future.

There are games which die faster, some die more slowly, but nearly every game performs merges in between. Especially when the game was hyped in the beginning, which lead to the high amount of servers. It was obvious that these servers won't be necessary after a short time.

You're doing prognoses based on other games, while I could list you an equal amount of games which didn't die after merges. If it would be so easy to tell the future of a game based on its current state, you probably should think about a career in digital entrepreneurship. But I guess this applies to most players, since everybody behaves like they know what's best for a game.

Archived