Forums

Server Merge Discussion

Kyrrua

47 minutes ago, FrozenB said:

I don't know but if you come from a lower populated server. You will definitely see the difference in game play. Also, if you have lower gears, you will have a hard time to do the quests in SSP or GHS because the bosses will die in less than 5 seconds when you see all the AP 1100+ with all those top souls players grouped together.

Also, in their letter, they mentioned that the server merge is specifically to solve the "raid problem". However, since there will be 12m raid system coming soon, I don't see any reason why they have to do it beside "cutting their operating budgets" for this game or leaving the free server spaces for their other new games.

You mention a difference in gameplay, I talked about server performance. One thing has nothing to do with the other.

12m won't come so "soon" yet. It's still relatively new to KR players, so even if it gets fast forwarded to us, they won't roll it out already. I guess we still have a few months until we get 12m.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have so many thoughts...

Will the lag be better or worse? In theory it would be worse but maybe better since there's less servers?

What servers are being merged together, like I hope we get better detail on that because right now it's confusing.

RIP SSP.

RIP Leveling areas for cap.

RIP Faction ruling lol.

I just want to have a list of the servers they want to merge. That preparation enough for me. What if friends in different groups want to use this opportunity to get in the same server now?

3 hours ago, LilithWalker said:

the thing is, didn't the last server merge made a lot of people to stop playing??, i remember a lot of them from my old server doing that, so i guess it will happens again, normally when i see a game with only 1 or 2 servers, i know is on their "final form", so bns is dying already?? u.u

It did and I haven't see NCwest address any of the issues from the merges that made people leave.

59 minutes ago, Plushtrap said:

I just love how they said they're gonna disable server transfer 1 DAY before actually doing it.

"Prepare for this" - how? There's no time.

They didn't say when they are doing the merges.. just that the 26th was when server transfers were going to stop. More then likely it will be august with the big patch update. 

7 minutes ago, DirectorTseng said:

They didn't say when they are doing the merges.. just that the 26th was when server transfers were going to stop. More then likely it will be august with the big patch update. 

I don't care when they do the update, I'd want to transfer from Windrest to German server before they disable it. But they were so smart again to announce that one day before they disable the transfer and I don't have the money to do it.

27 minutes ago, DirectorTseng said:

uhm....hello?

"To help all players have the ability to experience the new raids, we are consolidating servers on August 9. This will affect both North American and European servers—the end result being that all players will be transferred to two realms for North America (Yura and Zulia) and three for Europe (Jinsoyun, Eisenherz, and Naksun). We’ll have more details in the next few days, but to prepare for this, we’ll be disabling server transfers after the July 26 maintenance."

The problem isn't finding raid groups it's organizing 24 people's schedule and the overall difficulty of the raids people seems to find following simple instructions diffcult such as stunning adds or the more complicated soul seperation phases. And some people's gear just isn't up to par a lot of materials that allow you to advanced in the game are either super rare or not farmable( Radiant energy pretty much never drops anymore evolved stones cant be farmed) then there is also things like sacred orbs and elysium orbs you get a decent amount of crystals but for crafting mats you don't really get orbs too often and when you need over 100 sacred orbs and soulstones to make one empyrean charm players just end up stuck. Again with organizing schedules to raid Eu and NA are far bigger than kr or jp and we have several timezones further seperating us . Then there is the fact that you can't really get gear if you are running with random groups the chance of scam is higher or alliance leader will just distribute gear to friends ,not to mention that player ap requirements are dumb strict around here atleast on NA sure you might get lucky to group with some nice people but that is few and far between.  Theres plenty of other reasons why 24mans don't work but server merging aint the answer.

1 hour ago, Teaj7 said:

uhm....hello?

"To help all players have the ability to experience the new raids, we are consolidating servers on August 9. This will affect both North American and European servers—the end result being that all players will be transferred to two realms for North America (Yura and Zulia) and three for Europe (Jinsoyun, Eisenherz, and Naksun). We’ll have more details in the next few days, but to prepare for this, we’ll be disabling server transfers after the July 26 maintenance."

Um.. i said august? So I missed the exact date.. kind of tends to happen when your attention is split. 

1 hour ago, Plushtrap said:

I don't care when they do the update, I'd want to transfer from Windrest to German server before they disable it. But they were so smart again to announce that one day before they disable the transfer and I don't have the money to do it.

You haven't played other NCsoft titles... When they go to merge a server they shut down the ability to transfer TEMPORARILY. It's not a permanent thing, they have to shut transfers down or halt them prior to the actual merges so shit isn't lost between merging servers and transferring people. Normally a few months after the servers have been set they open transfers back up. And since they are actually merging and not simply doing groups like they did prior there is a high chance you will end up on that server considering EU is being reduced to 3 servers. 

So, can we just say this is the final sign of the apocalypse and just say the game is dead? I mean, we started out with so many individual servers that were decently populated and now we'll be reduced down to 2 servers.

This is typically the sign of a dead game. Especially given the massive waves of people leaving the game as of recent events. Let's call it as it is: A last ditch effort to save a game that NCsoft killed a long time ago.

Well R.I.P SSP T^T.

If right now is hard to get pp for soulstones boxes due to the whales from your own server tell me how is going to be when whales from another servers come to the same place and whales that play this game for pvp, soulstones are going to be insanely expensive /tired.

And what about rich silverfrost quartz? if right now is a cruel battle with 4-5 ppl farming the same spot within the servers in your current group, tell me how is going to be when ppl from 5 servers farm the same place OMG I'm curious about how much the basic materials are going to cost.

23 minutes ago, ARC-1276 said:

So, can we just say this is the final sign of the apocalypse and just say the game is dead? I mean, we started out with so many individual servers that were decently populated and now we'll be reduced down to 2 servers.

This is typically the sign of a dead game. Especially given the massive waves of people leaving the game as of recent events. Let's call it as it is: A last ditch effort to save a game that NCsoft killed a long time ago.

That isn't completely true, Lineage 2 some time ago merged the serves from 8 to 4 and then to less. Now they are back to 4 or 5 (that is including the two EU servers) and the game just hit 13 years. All games go through this, it's simply part of a games life cycle.. doesn't mean it's dead. 

1 minute ago, iokunn said:

Well R.I.P SSP T^T.

If right now is hard to get pp for soulstones boxes due to the whales from your own server tell me how is going to be when whales from another servers come to the same place and whales that play this game for pvp, soulstones are going to be insanely expensive /tired.

And what about rich silverfrost quartz? if right now is a cruel battle with 4-5 ppl farming the same spot within the servers in your current group, tell me how is going to be when ppl from 5 servers farm the same place OMG I'm curious about how much the basic materials are going to cost.

In a patch or two you won't need silverfrost quartz for anything at least craft wise. There is a huge revamp to the craft system incoming (live in TW so we're next) where you no longer need waters or quartz. With that the need for soul stones as well is going to greatly diminish cause transmuting might be the only thing that requires them if even that does anymore. 

Here's a screen i took of the new crafting system unknown.png

2 minutes ago, DirectorTseng said:

In a patch or two you won't need silverfrost quartz for anything at least craft wise. There is a huge revamp to the craft system incoming (live in TW so we're next) where you no longer need waters or quartz. With that the need for soul stones as well is going to greatly diminish cause transmuting might be the only thing that requires them if even that does anymore. 

I don't understand that image but i hope you are right T_T

1 hour ago, DirectorTseng said:

You will still need soulstones,moonstones, sacred orbs and elysian crystals for crafting. Also you will need other mats for crafting anyways that will replace the water and gatherables. So the issue is not that, the issue is somewhere else along the line.

About the server merges: I like the idea of merging the servers. China for example have 20-30 sub servers for each of the 20 regional servers which are NOT connected. But they have a huge playerbase (not easy to support over 15 million players :D ) And their servers are as crap as ours even tho Tencent is behind it. At least NC did a great job of dealing with bots, just try KR or CN and you will what am I talking about.

About the raids: we are not nearly ready for 12m raids because you will need everyone in that 12m group to have over 80k dps to clear BT on time let alone VT where you need 250k per person for Zulia. So idk why are you guys needing 12m raids so soon, better gear up and get that dps going. Yes, we will get the nerfed BT soon but that doesnt mean you will have to slack there.

12 hours ago, Lemy said:

I don't know why NC won't bring bns to steam. I notice they don't really advertise their game and this is why they lose more players than what they gain.

Because every experienced MMO player knows that Steam is the last step a game takes on a dying verge.

3 hours ago, Grimoir said:

Because every experienced MMO player knows that Steam is the last step a game takes on a dying verge.

I doubt that's true, black desert launched on steam and was nowhere near dying. They actually gained even more players due to that. Btw who cares what others will think lol as long as it brings more players that's all that matters.

Archived