AFK epidemic

DirectorTseng

Something seriously needs to be put in place for all these AFK A holes running the big dungeons. I know it has always been a thing, but it's becoming an epidemic lately. With the server instability I have noticed a very great drop off of player activity, last night it taking nearly a half hour to get half a MSP party on group 1, and then taking longer to create a basic PT for a dungeon then it took to run it. 

Then you get the dreaded AFK low level that just sits at the farthest point of the portal for each zone to get credit or bid up the auction. 

It is getting so bad I'm actually to the point I would love to see the 1% damage requirement back. To get the dynamic or the ability to bid you need to do at least bare minimum 1% damage to all bosses in the dungeon. With the big 4 it shouldn't be an issue as most players can easily do 1% to any of the bosses in the dungeons. Or to prevent AFKers just doing that 1% and going afk put in a DPS requirement. Scale it based on the dungeon but make it a sustained DPS.. like NS you have to have a sustained of say 14K (which anyone running that dungeon that shouldn't be hard)

2 hours ago, DirectorTseng said:

I would love to see the 1% damage requirement back. To get the dynamic or the ability to bid you need to do at least bare minimum 1% damage to all bosses in the dungeon

i agree. it only makes sense for it to be that way. i admit, sometimes i enter a dungeon and the loading screen is a ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ and then the rest of the party has already cleared the dungeon when i actually enter it and it still counts for me as if i did any of the work. it's good for me lmao but i think afk-ing is unfair towards the other players who actually put in effort ... as soon as my loading screen is gone i'm running towards the party, but often there are people who just sit in one place and wait for the dungeon to get cleared, which is ridiculous. it's even more ridiculous when those same afk-ers bid on stuff. like ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ off lmao. if i happen to be afk (or just late bc of the loading screen) i just pass on everything in the auction. so annoying.

41 minutes ago, ayremedix said:

i agree. it only makes sense for it to be that way. i admit, sometimes i enter a dungeon and the loading screen is a ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ and then the rest of the party has already cleared the dungeon when i actually enter it and it still counts for me as if i did any of the work. it's good for me lmao but i think afk-ing is unfair towards the other players who actually put in effort ... as soon as my loading screen is gone i'm running towards the party, but often there are people who just sit in one place and wait for the dungeon to get cleared, which is ridiculous. it's even more ridiculous when those same afk-ers bid on stuff. like ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ off lmao. if i happen to be afk (or just late bc of the loading screen) i just pass on everything in the auction. so annoying.

I was the same way, my potato laptop took forever in certain dungeons to load. Often times the boss would be done by the time I was fully in but i would just bail at that point and not bid. But that really is only for the lower dungeons that practically no one runs anymore. I'm talking more for the big purples that require frequent runs.. or are simply long and a pain in the ass *cough*gloomdross, necro*cough* Which have frequant AFK problems. Asura not so much, but EC it's becoming a painful epidemic... especially if you have to recruit while in. You get a low level AFK POS that sits at the barrier. 

Thankfully I haven't run into many in NF and none in NS.. but they will be soon enough. Something needs to be done.. the sheer laziness of the player base is staggering now. It's either low levels AFKing in big dungeons or high levels afking until the final boss and bitching the entire time cause you aren't moving fast enough. This is the first game I have seen this in..and it's at epidemic levels. 

3 hours ago, Dotimus said:

the 1% damage could make some sense (and i'm up for it)

but...

they need to remove the firewalls AND don't pair random players in f8 doing 5k dps with 150k dps players....

The pairing would be harder to do, I mean they can't even pair people up properly for 6 vs 6. What would be nice is a kick option just like we do for those that go offline. It requires the entire PT to kick. Also have it so that if the person is still in the Xserver they can be kicked just like you can in matching. So if you have to recruit while in you can make sure they are qualified to actually run that dungeon (IE you are doing NS and you get a 650AP that is there to leech) and if they are obviously there to leech you can boot them before entering the dungeon. 

Don't get me wrong I don't mind carrying people, I carry clannies all the time. But to many low AP come in simply for free shit. 

Boring game, boring dungeons and kids who like to offend others make people afk.

If not for the gold, nobody would run these shtty matches in F8 to upgrade gear; but gear upgrade is meant to give access to higher dungeons... so the game force you to play the same sht over 200 times unless you buy gold from F9, it's game's fault there are so many afk, the game is bad because of F2P model.

At least I haven't encountered AFKers in big 4 heroic dungeons. Maybe they are in normal mode only and I was doing hard mode?

Anyways, afkers is a big issue. Recently, I just started to solo all low level heroic dungeons myself like HM, CS, lair, nexus, yeti. When I get my bracelet, I will solo masts as well. To be honest, it only takes me few extra minutes per dungeons and I can have all the loots myself. I don't need to have bid war with the afkers.

GM needs to do something about it or else all low level dungeons will be dead soon. All geared players will just solo or run them with their friends or clan mates only.

A small chat-log from a group i was running with once.
It made me angry. Wanted say something too, but he left to fast.
It's rare, that leecher/afk player talk.

05454c-1500858320.jpg

Does those leecher really not realize, what they are doing wrong?
They not only let others do the work, they even insulting them, when you say something (with right) against it. I mean, how rotten and unfriendly can a playerbase be?

%1 dps requirement which will affect slow loading machines too, even will give some kids new ideas like crapping other's daily challenges i.e. cold storage. Remove fire walls to fix it, then no boss fight will mean anything at all, die and keep coming again and again ... This is giving too much credit to some hopeless kids trying to be funny in internet ... Vote-kick for online sounds better, but still is prone to be abused ...

There is not much, if nothing, can be done against afker kids, without affecting other people or giving more options to funny-kids to be even more funny.

I fully support the 1% dmg.

I decided to leech only twice and that was on sanctum, but before you start to rage at me, I already have the bracelet and I just do it for the daily run, that's about it and I never afk, but sometimes you get those A holes in your party that think there gods, I normally go with 950ap and sometimes with 900... and you can do your part perfectly but some people feel the need to start flaming.

I got ticked off twice .. one time I joined a clan that biched so hard that they were failing at the mark ( this was when you needed mech ) and they started to insult me so hard for .. I have no idea what..  I can't really remember.. but they were all insulting so hard I decided to sit it out and let them do it in 5 as I was looking at them from above.... but I didn't leave them fully alone.. I was "cheering them on" all the time...   "you can do this" .. "yeeee" ... I never insulted.

And one more time... happened like 2-3 days ago... on the first boss.. this noob KF  and a noob FM....  ( I'm a FM as well ) .. the adds pop up.. so I take an add to speed things up and to place it next to the boss for the chain... and YEP... I get flamed to no end because I didn't take the mark for the hammer.. the flame was so damn bad... jesus...  BUT .. I decided to not get angry and I explained that I had the add and the other FM should have seen it and do the mark.. I explained 5 times... no reply so I decided to do the mark and let them do the adds... AAANNNDDDD  still got flamed.... so .. fuk it.. AFK ...  they tried to kill me at the second boss lol but .. come on... I'm a FM .. I don't die that easy if you know what to do... so the 2 flamers .. raged quit. ^_^  .. and as soon as they left I started to help.. fast forward . we cleared xanos a few moments later.

So while I never afk because it feels wrong to let other people do all the work and people that get to afk on purpose NEED to be punished... I can't say the same about an abusive party were you have to support the insults and help them out as well to clear a dungeon.

Now some might say.. "just leave the party" ..  yeah .. I'm not a fan of clearing a full dungeon and just leave right at the end because of a ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤'s insult.. I prefer to repay his insults in kind with a "cheer" on my part and watch him struggle so he learns from his own mistake.

If I insult and he insults .. ok.. game on.. fair game..  but if you try to explain and he still keeps going.. AFK .. leech . etc. best punishment... and I consider that 1% is not much .. I can do 1% in a burst and then I can leech again. but make it higher and if a low HM joins a high one.. I still think he can do the 1% .

can't wait for naryu sanctum to be in daily challanges instead of these blue dungeons and purple long dungeons.
#BringBackSunderedNexsusToDCs!
That dungeon is the only dungeon we need to school them people that are lazy and don't want to do ccs...

13 hours ago, Kosako Assano said:

Boring game, boring dungeons and kids who like to offend others make people afk.

If not for the gold, nobody would run these shtty matches in F8 to upgrade gear; but gear upgrade is meant to give access to higher dungeons... so the game force you to play the same sht over 200 times unless you buy gold from F9, it's game's fault there are so many afk, the game is bad because of F2P model.

If people can't handle running a 15 minute dungeon every day they need to go play hello kitty island and step away from Korean MMO's. These games are always heavy on the grind factor, and honestly compared to NCsofts other titles this game is ungodly easy to obtain gear/levels. If you go and look at their oldest title Lineage 2 you would spend weeks in one area just Grinding the same mob over..and over.. and OVER again just for exp. You would finish the quest in that area in an hour but spend the next 8 just farming.. so if these babies can't handle running a few dungeons that take under 20 minutes (with slow loads and party finding) they need to go find another game. 

tbh if I was a leech I would be more bored standing in a dungeon doing nothing, staring a wall, moving to the next area to stare at another wall to get credit, rinse and repeat until the end. I would rather kill something or do something no matter how easy it is. I know some dungeons you can just properly AFK at the entrance and still get credit though. I don't even see the logic of playing a game if you don't do anything while logged in.

A vast majority of dungeons I enter have at least 1 leech or afk so I fully support the devs doing something about this.

18 hours ago, DirectorTseng said:

If people can't handle running a 15 minute dungeon every day they need to go play hello kitty island and step away from Korean MMO's. These games are always heavy on the grind factor, and honestly compared to NCsofts other titles this game is ungodly easy to obtain gear/levels. If you go and look at their oldest title Lineage 2 you would spend weeks in one area just Grinding the same mob over..and over.. and OVER again just for exp. You would finish the quest in that area in an hour but spend the next 8 just farming.. so if these babies can't handle running a few dungeons that take under 20 minutes (with slow loads and party finding) they need to go find another game. 

This logic has some big holes.

It's like your one of the guys that likes to go afk.... and if you enjoy doing yeti in 20 mins .. then be my guest.

I think people spend enough time trying to clear BT at some points.. first time we did it.. we spent 6 hours... randoms spend days....  this logic that "you should" is weak.

If I want a strong party.. and if the person insists to afk or insult I should have the right to kick or better sayd .. the party has the right to kick.... so people like you get to learn a lesson...  guess you forgot that you L2 you could get a nice kick.

I've played L2 for many years on official and on pirates.. I know what "farming" is .. but I also know what "l2 tower" is .. let's not compare the 2 games.. even if I consider L2 far better as  "purpose" 

On 7/24/2017 at 4:13 AM, Zini said:

A small chat-log from a group i was running with once.
It made me angry. Wanted say something too, but he left to fast.
It's rare, that leecher/afk player talk.

05454c-1500858320.jpg

Does those leecher really not realize, what they are doing wrong?
They not only let others do the work, they even insulting them, when you say something (with right) against it. I mean, how rotten and unfriendly can a playerbase be?

Leeches that speak are > all

3 types of leechers are i meet since the last weeks:

1. Standing in the area to get the quest for killing, move only if its needed and bid on needed item, on all other things they dont press N to expand the waiting time

( best dungeon for that is yeti, if u go to the wall you get the quest and allowed to bid cuz you be in range like standing in the bossarea) 

2. They wait for a clear path, come to the boss, hit him a bit and wait that it die and the same bid and not press N thingy like example 1.

3. They jump around and laugh at the guy who see that they are leechers and insult him cuz they know that NCsoft dont punish him for that. Same bid procedure like 1.

Most leechers that i see doing that was not low, HM 12 and up, they do it cuz they CAN and they think you have to beg that they hepp you with her godly power. Very low time i see HM 10 that only move with the party lee. 

So long NCsoft support that, we can do nothing except block them and kick them next time they join in lobby. 

PS: Before u say : come on i am strong enough to carry them, its jot a problem.. Ok ur opinion then invite me pls for iron forge and BT to carry me and let me bid on all items. 

2 hours ago, Sempra said:

3 types of leechers are i meet since the last weeks:

1. Standing in the area to get the quest for killing, move only if its needed and bid on needed item, on all other things they dont press N to expand the waiting time

( best dungeon for that is yeti, if u go to the wall you get the quest and allowed to bid cuz you be in range like standing in the bossarea) 

2. They wait for a clear path, come to the boss, hit him a bit and wait that it die and the same bid and not press N thingy like example 1.

3. They jump around and laugh at the guy who see that they are leechers and insult him cuz they know that NCsoft dont punish him for that. Same bid procedure like 1.

Most leechers that i see doing that was not low, HM 12 and up, they do it cuz they CAN and they think you have to beg that they hepp you with her godly power. Very low time i see HM 10 that only move with the party lee. 

So long NCsoft support that, we can do nothing except block them and kick them next time they join in lobby. 

PS: Before u say : come on i am strong enough to carry them, its jot a problem.. Ok ur opinion then invite me pls for iron forge and BT to carry me and let me bid on all items. 

Yes. This is so true. That's why I started to just solo all lower level heroic dungeons now. Initially, I don't mind helping low level players in the LFP party, but when I get the afkers/leechers in 9 out of 10 runs, it is a turn off. In addition, it makes me rage when the afkers/leechers start the bid war on the pouches and extend the waiting time for other loots without pressing "No". To be honest, it takes me about the same time to solo the dungeons if I have to wait for them or wait for the loots.

It is not like I don't want to help low level players, but it is the game structure who makes me to do this.

I agree with you, though I think that just a kick function would do the thing.

I also played L2 for years, in that game you could either get rid of an undesired party member by kicking it off the party or if he started messing around, you could just kill them anytime.

You can't do any of those things here so you're pretty much defenceless against that kind of behaviour. Bad thing.

Archived