High in game ms

Hello. My friend is having some serious issues with BnS lately, and i decided to look here for some answers, mby some of you guys had same problems, becasue in game support hasnt been able to help her so far. Since she got here new PC, she gets some creazy 600-700 in game ms despite having both good ping and fps. I dont remember exact PC specs but its win 10, top i5 kaby lake processor, 16GB RAM with 750Ti (Ya, i know its overkill, but she got that strong processor only for BnS to play smooth with 24 mam) with Gigabyte motherboard. Weird thing is that 600ms lag sometimes happens in cross server, and game works fine in open world, and sometimes its the opposite. FPS are always around 70-80 in combat, and ping with ping command shows 30ish ms. Anyone has any idea what can cause such things?

She can download Pingplotter and trace icmp.eu.ncwest.com

If the problem is at start of the trace route it means that her PC/router is not communicating properly with the network...means smth is interrupting it. It can be caused by the ISP too so you cant always blame the owner.

If the problem appears in further net-to-net connections between different "parties" involved till your destination (in this case NCSoft servers) it means is someone elses fault and you cant do much about it.

I tried to be as simple as possible. Probaly jeopardizing the true explanation :D

Archived