20FPS on GTX860M ?

Priscellica

I could be wrong, but shouldn't my graphics card be capable of handling BnS on max settings without issues? For some reason the highest FPS I can get is 20 - 30 on all 5 settings. Does anyone know if there's a solution for this? I'm playing on an ASUS ROG GL551JM model, Intel i7 processor, 16GB RAM, and NiVidia GeForce GTX860M. I am currently using Windows 8.1

Thanks in advance.

Before the latest patch, for me it was the same. It could barely squeeze out 20 to 30 FPS. Right now, it got to a point where my FPS fluncuates between 5-10, and on very rare occasions it jumps up to 50 for around 10 seconds. During combat, it is 5 FPS almost all the time, which makes the game pretty much unplayable. I have a machine almost the same as yours - Asus ROG, G551JW-CN277D. I have the GTX 960M and the game is located on the SSD. 
We tried a number of things, downgraded my Nvidia drivers, unparked cores, a bunch of other methods found on the internet. Nothing really improved the performance of BnS.
Meanwhile the computer is able to run every other game perfectly fine. My friend has the newest Nvidia and he runs the game at about 20 to 30 as well.

About a year ago, the game used to run fine but it seems to have gotten progressively worse over time. I have decided to stop trying to tweak my computer for the sake of BnS, it is simply not worth my time and I would rather stick to other games until something is done about it.

I am sorry that I'm unable to help you, I really hope something is done about it but seeing how the game is lately, it might take some time. 

Well a month ago or a bit more my frand had the same issue at start he had 120fps and after 3 weeks of playing bns the fps dropped to 20-30 all over and didnt go up, i tryed everything reinstalling bns tweaking and so on, and the only thing helped is reinstalling win10 itself after that he had a normal fps again

@Lunarnyan Yeah I have the same problem. I tried everything and it didn't work.. So eventually I literally factory reset my computer (just the other day actually) and it's still doing the same thing.. I LOVE BnS so I really, really don't want this to continue being a problem, but even submitting a ticket and getting help from NC themselves didn't help. I appreciate them trying to fix my problem but I just have no idea what to do. All my diagnostics are fine. Everything else on my computer runs fine, even games that are way more graphics heavy than BnS (I.E Nier Automata)

It has super low FPS and even on 1 settings it staggers/pauses here and there. I figured it might have something to do with really high ping too (around 120ms constantly) but.. honestly I am not sure.

@Tsuzor Since I factory reset my computer yesterday I've been running 8.1 .. Maybe if I re-upgrade to Win10 it could solve my problem? I will give it a try.

2 minutes ago, Priscellica said:

@Lunarnyan Yeah I have the same problem. I tried everything and it didn't work.. So eventually I literally factory reset my computer (just the other day actually) and it's still doing the same thing.. I LOVE BnS so I really, really don't want this to continue being a problem, but even submitting a ticket and getting help from NC themselves didn't help. I appreciate them trying to fix my problem but I just have no idea what to do. All my diagnostics are fine. Everything else on my computer runs fine, even games that are way more graphics heavy than BnS (I.E Nier Automata)

It has super low FPS and even on 1 settings it staggers/pauses here and there. I figured it might have something to do with really high ping too (around 120ms constantly) but.. honestly I am not sure.

@Tsuzor Since I factory reset my computer yesterday I've been running 8.1 .. Maybe if I re-upgrade to Win10 it could solve my problem? I will give it a try.

the factory reset is a tricky thing it can help and it may not, i would just suggest u fresh windows 10 install from disc or usb cuz as i said that was the only thing that rly hellped, but i rly dont know why is this happening and what is the cause. 

I don't know if its true, but i have heard that some of the textures and such are done by the server instead your pc.

Meaning the time it takes for the server to send you the processed graphical information affects your fps as client has to wait for the next batch of the information

to know what sort of graphics to implement on your screen such as particle effects, skill effects, monster effects and animations.

Lot of people complain about raid lag and fps loss, this might actually be the reason for it. Server is so overloaded with information processing due to 24 players attacking the same monster at same time.

Hi, I have been playing for months with solid 60fps (capped) and the other day I couldn't get any higher than 20fps and during battles it was 5fps. So what I did was change to 32bit client and it brought me back to normal 60fps..I was running 64bit fine until the other day so could try this. Not sure if it will help. 

2 hours ago, Damey said:

Hi, I have been playing for months with solid 60fps (capped) and the other day I couldn't get any higher than 20fps and during battles it was 5fps. So what I did was change to 32bit client and it brought me back to normal 60fps..I was running 64bit fine until the other day so could try this. Not sure if it will help. 

Unfortunately this didn't make a difference for me.

@Tsuzor Upgrading to Win10 didn't make a difference sadly :(

@Lucifer The LightBringer As far as I am aware, the game seems to run better on older machines. I don't think it's my laptop's fault, since it runs everything else flawlessly. 

In my case, I am forced to run it with the 32bit client, the 64bit worked only for a couple of days until it began crashing midgame and then at some point never even launched.
I was honestly content with the 20-30 fps, since it was at least stable and there were no crazy drops from 5 to 50. 

41 minutes ago, Lunarnyan said:

@Lucifer The LightBringer As far as I am aware, the game seems to run better on older machines. I don't think it's my laptop's fault, since it runs everything else flawlessly. 

In my case, I am forced to run it with the 32bit client, the 64bit worked only for a couple of days until it began crashing midgame and then at some point never even launched.
I was honestly content with the 20-30 fps, since it was at least stable and there were no crazy drops from 5 to 50. 

Still I find it baffling that you get 20-30 FPS on a decent gaming laptop.

47 minutes ago, Lunarnyan said:

It is nothing to do with the pc it self, its something with windows or more like with windows registry as i said the only thing that helped my friend was full reinstall of windows that made his fps go back to normal there might be some problems in windows registry or something but not rly sure about that 

Lunarnyan and I tried everything possible yet it didnt work.
It was the same for me and we have almost similar specs. The only thing that helped for me slightly is the 64 bit client, but then again when alot of stuff is happening i drop to 15 fps or less sometimes.

@Lucifer The LightBringer both Lunarnyan and I have better specs than you. The game is optimized for the time around 2012-2014. All newer computers are 4 years ahead of BnS.

Because of it's bad optimization, it works better with the hardware back when it launched. Some newer hardware works better than other, some worse, and so on.

But ultimately, the hardware released up till 2015 works alot better on this game and that's just how it is, sadly. As much as we upgrade, the older computers will outshine the newer ones, at least for BnS, cause the game is not optimized for future hardware.

18 minutes ago, Chionagasu said:

Lunarnyan and I tried everything possible yet it didnt work.
It was the same for me and we have almost similar specs. The only thing that helped for me slightly is the 64 bit client, but then again when alot of stuff is happening i drop to 15 fps or less sometimes.

@Lucifer The LightBringer both Lunarnyan and I have better specs than you. The game is optimized for the time around 2012-2014. All newer computers are 4 years ahead of BnS.

Because of it's bad optimization, it works better with the hardware back when it launched. Some newer hardware works better than other, some worse, and so on.

But ultimately, the hardware released up till 2015 works alot better on this game and that's just how it is, sadly. As much as we upgrade, the older computers will outshine the newer ones, at least for BnS, cause the game is not optimized for future hardware.

As i said HW has no problems, the root of the problem is the sw cuz back in the day i can tell u one thing when win 10 was new over time bns fps dropped in win 10 where win 7 had no problems or anything and bns works the best on windows 7 idk if they rly updated bns to support windows 10 and so on but as we know windows 7 wont rly work on the new hw anymore so many ppl have to move on windows 10 where are still some major problems towards gaming. 

Yeah I took a break from the game for a few days and I've just come back, in NS I'm dropping from 121 FPS to around 40-50 considering I have older Hardware and a good gaming PC. This has never happened to me before in a 6 man dungeon I usually go down to around 80-90 (on high settings).

PC Specs;

i7 - 4790k

980 ti 

850 Evo SSD 1 TB

Western Digital Caviar Blue 7200 RPM 2 TB

Asrock Extreme 6 Z97

HyperX FURY 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR3 1866 MHz

@Lucifer The LightBringer I tried all those tips to improve performance and I'm not seeing any difference in my FPS. Actually, it's acting worse than usual today. I really don't know what to do about this. My hardware is much better than what your spare gaming laptop uses, so I'm not understanding why this is an issue.

At this point, I'm considering just reverting to Windows 7. BnS is mainly what I play when I'm at home, so I am willing to go back to an earlier Windows if that will bring out the full potential of my graphics card in this game. :(

On 7/19/2017 at 1:55 PM, Tsuzor said:

Well a month ago or a bit more my frand had the same issue at start he had 120fps and after 3 weeks of playing bns the fps dropped to 20-30 all over and didnt go up, i tryed everything reinstalling bns tweaking and so on, and the only thing helped is reinstalling win10 itself after that he had a normal fps again

Sounds like windows prefetch is showing it's teeth again. Google on how to disable it and delete all the present files that it has. See if that alleviates the issue. Prefetching in windows is done in order to "predict" how a program will behave and based on that adjust how the kernel will treat it. It does however present some problems with certain applications and MMOs are notoriously suffering from performance decline from it.

Hi guys,

try to right-click the launcher, and use your nvidia graphic processor. I just found out a few days ago that Blade & Soul might have some compatibility issues with Nvidia Optimus, which chooses the Intel Graphics card instead of the main Graphic Card.

Cheers,

Kris

I have a 980ti and a ryzen 7 1700 overclocked to 3.7 and 8gb ram and I can't get over 30 fps in mushin when there are a lot of people there, I don't even know why. my GPU usage goes up to 55% at most and CPU usage to 20% at most(the 4 cores that it is trying to use never get above 80% either) shit game is shit

Archived