Dungeon ap requirements

Arrayano

So I haven't play this game in a while now and felt like installing it again but then I remembered that players with low ap had a lot of trouble finding parties for dungeons, my ap is most likely outdated by now and was wondering if I will struggle to complete dungeons because of it. Grinding for equipment is already boring but I can deal with it, but adding more problems to it is just a big no, no.

So if anyone could help me clarify if this is still an issue or if the developers have finally done something about it, and if they have, could anyone also point me out to the best guide for weapon upgrades. I tried a fast search in Google but most of what I found seemed outdated.

As a fairly new player myself, I didn't really find myself having trouble finding parties for dungeons once I finished the story and hit HM7 with equipment suited for my level. Just don't insist on joining parties that ask for higher Attack Power than what you have, and for the high level dungeons, you might need a bit of luck that there are few strong players in the party that don't mind having weaker players tagging along.

I honestly thought it would be worse, having read these forums, but it's not bad at all, as long as you respect the requirements people set for their parties.

But I could also greatly recommend joining a clan. I happened to get invited to one, and it made going to dungeons a lot easier. They explain to me what to do for the bosses and they don't mind if I'm below the standard AP for a dungeon.

People asking for unnecessary high ap has nothing to do with devs, thus it can't be fixed. For instance yesterday I saw some1 recruiting for Cold Storage. They asked 850ap+ for it. Same goes for a lot of other dungeons 800ap+ for Yeti, 850ap+ for Asura and DOKV etc. you'll see this kind of stuff all the time in F8. Some people are just plain retarded. Good thing is not everyone is braindead, so it shouldn't be a problem finding parties for dungeons as long as your ap is actually enough for said dungeon (not in form of 500ap for EC, DT, NS etc.)

The problem why so many ask for a higher ap than what was required before is because it's so easy to reach 700+ ap now as a new player and not saying all but a majority of them don't try to learn the mechanics before joining a dungeon. I joined an asura party where nearly everyone except one other person had ap of 700-740 and it didn't go well at neither of the bosses. At the fat boys even after telling them not to kd the boss they kept doing it, making it jump to the other side and took longer to kill than it usually would in a party that knows what to do. At the next it was just chaos and took several tries because they wasn't getting the cc right and wasn't throwing the shields to down the boss. The last boss is where I ended up leaving since a summoner wiped the party twice because they wouldn't listen and recall the cat for the fire swords. This is part of the reason why some ask for much higher ap now because they want to finish their dailies quickly. Just join a clan or lfp and you should be fine though.

11 hours ago, doitztard said:
  • THe ap req stuff hasnt changed one bit there are still ppl who ask overly high ap to finish dungeons faster than the speed of light, 1000 ap for irontech forge when all you need is 900 for a safe run.

this is one thing i really dont get from players......i encountered many people that say and i quote : lets finish this fast i have to farm  blablabla i dont want to waste time.... 

i mean..dude you are playing a videogame .. you are wasting your time...  by no means im saying is bad or something i just saying this people need to realize this is a video game , you are supposed to enjoy it , not try to make a living of this...

as for asking unnecesary ap for dgs...thats so sadly true , the last one i saw is  a dude asking 850+ for shattered mast....now thats kinda pathetic if you ask me....

6 hours ago, zerooo said:

this is one thing i really dont get from players......i encountered many people that say and i quote : lets finish this fast i have to farm  blablabla i dont want to waste time.... 

i mean..dude you are playing a videogame .. you are wasting your time...  by no means im saying is bad or something i just saying this people need to realize this is a video game , you are supposed to enjoy it , not try to make a living of this...

as for asking unnecesary ap for dgs...thats so sadly true , the last one i saw is  a dude asking 850+ for shattered mast....now thats kinda pathetic if you ask me....

I agree. This is just the game.Its not job.No one forces you to get best gear in game ASAP. You wont get best gear anyway...unless you are playing same character since day one 10-12 hours/day or spend thousands of $$$. Even if you do...whats next? I mean...you have best gear...there is zero reasons to run dungeons. Farm outfits and achivements? You can do it without having best gear. and that crying cause wipe happens...only through failure you can improve yourself. Those rerquirements....30+ runs..sounds stupid. Why? simply because you can be carried by strong people all those times and no one wouldn't care. While someone who completed dungeon only three times could know mechanics better because he/she tried and failed so much, that he/she mastered dungeon...or its just his/her alt. People in dungeons forgets that thing called alts exist. That HM6 is your party can have more experience in DT, than HM12...its not that hard to check what outfit person has...I mean...if HM1 is wearing pistachio dream outfit...that's character of someone whos playing at least since last summer when  act IV was released. That outfit was reward for completing act IV in 2 weeks after its release But no...most people leaves party  once they see HM1 with 600AP in Asura group.

With fresh lvl50 hm7 you can do everything up to Desolate Tomb. After getting your pinnacle accessories and stage 1 legendary just LFP up to Naryu Foundry (you can do foundry if you get 2 good geared players in team). But at this point you will hit the gearing wall anyway, so you will pay or farm like 5-6 months to get your starter accessories and some gold to upgrade it to stage5... and at the end, you will need another set...

First thing you should know depending on how long you've been out, is that 6 and 4 man mode isn't a thing anymore. It's been replaced with 'normal mode' and 'hard mode', both allow for 6 players now. 

Hard mode now only exists for the 'top' dungeons, so everything before Ebondrake Citadel is normal mode only. 

Normal mode has nearly every mechanic that can instantly wipe a party toned down or removed now. If you're geared, or have some geared people carrying, literally every normal mode run is a faceroll.

You don't actually need a whole lot of gear to be able to complete anything in normal mode, even IF, the newest, hardest dungeon is probably doable with... I dunno 800-ish? 
That said though, people are dumb and lazy and impatient and are now demanding 1000+ ap for a lot of those runs, despite that fact that you can literally solo just about everything short of IF and maybe NS on normal mode if you have 1000+ap. 

13 minutes ago, Cesura said:

You don't actually need a whole lot of gear to be able to complete anything in normal mode, even IF, the newest, hardest dungeon is probably doable with... I dunno 800-ish? 

Only if the other 5 ppl are 950+.

3 hours ago, KzE said:

With fresh lvl50 hm7 you can do everything up to Desolate Tomb. After getting your pinnacle accessories and stage 1 legendary just LFP up to Naryu Foundry (you can do foundry if you get 2 good geared players in team). But at this point you will hit the gearing wall anyway, so you will pay or farm like 5-6 months to get your starter accessories and some gold to upgrade it to stage5... and at the end, you will need another set...

LOL what? i did go to 784 ap , and i can have 794 ap (my maximaum ap) and i did get that in 2 months.

7 hours ago, Tekoek0911 said:

LOL what? i did go to 784 ap , and i can have 794 ap (my maximaum ap) and i did get that in 2 months.

800AP is nothing now. Get the 200 items for all accessories and upgrade them to stage5 in 2 months without nolifing or swiping.

23 hours ago, zerooo said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_farming 

The majority of these gold farmers in BnS are from China, Vietnam, and Indonesia and are doing this for real money. They can easily be spotted at SSP.

For most of dungs I just LFP.

Lots of ppl with good gear do this for Necro, Asura, Gloom or even Masts (if they are too lazy to solo it). Normal mode of DT, EC and Foundry should be doable by LFP too.

Atm its not possibile to not do Yeti and Lair even with worst party - fresh ppl just after stryline might has comparatively good AP and other stats.

Problem is that AP alone is nothing and surpriselingly lots of ppl don't know mechnic. This was most noticeable after event with dmg buff on dungeons - when it ends horror starts.

17 hours ago, KzE said:

With fresh lvl50 hm7 you can do everything up to Desolate Tomb. ...

Nope. They can't. I was with a party full of HM 7-9 and their DPS was so low that i felt like i was the one one doing any damage. 

Once they started the boss fight without me there and they wiped before even getting the boss to 90%

I mean, it's more than possible with their AP, for sure, but they need to play their class right and know the mechanics. And im talking about normal mode here

5 hours ago, Zedonia said:

6 people with 800 ap is fine. Just do the ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing mechanics.

I am talking about LFP, not premade. 6 ppl who know what to is do is hard to get even for Asura.

3 hours ago, sephy Kun said:

Nope. They can't. I was with a party full of HM 7-9 and their DPS was so low that i felt like i was the one one doing any damage. 

Once they started the boss fight without me there and they wiped before even getting the boss to 90%

I mean, it's more than possible with their AP, for sure, but they need to play their class right and know the mechanics. And im talking about normal mode here

There are usually ppl who carry, maybe 1 or 2 runs from 10 are like what you describe.

quick reality rep: you can't enter any of the EC, DT, or NF shit even in normal if you're below HM 9, normally they can "barely accept HM 9" in and lower than that ? instant kick, no need to check gear and shit... and believe me, i say that by experience... it's true 100% of the time, at least in my case and i've play this game for .. what ?  a year and a half ?

Thanks everyone for your input and advice. I see some of you assumed the level of my skill as player, and I just wanted to say that I was one of those few geared players that would often party with low ap players to help them out and most of the time they would end up dying and I had to solo the dungeon. Soloing the dungeons wasn't much of a problem with my kung fu skills, but it would take rather long time to do so.

As mentioned in my OP I dislike grinding but I can deal with it, but adding more problems to it (like having to solo dungeons and spend more time in it than needed) that's just disheartening. As for the "People asking for unnecessary high ap has nothing to do with devs, thus it can't be fixed." Although it is true that players will demand what they want and that developers can't change that, it is their job to "fix" or adjust the game mechanics to better fit their goals, of course if their goal is to have players deal with the community issues then there is no helping it, but I am unaware of which their goals are in this topic hence why I asked if they had done anything to change this ap requirement issue. At the very least I can come up with 2 ideas that MAYBE could help in that regard.

Either way thanks everyone, my questions have been answered and helped me greatly on my decision for coming back or not.

Archived