what happened to Blademasters?

Daybreeze

we used to be able to stun by blocking within half a second of being hit.    used to.

why did it change??  you stop playing for a year and when you come back nothing is familiar anymore.  that parry stun for blademasters was why i loved playing the class.

It was kinda OP against a specific class (*cough* FM *cough* (now FM is cancer)) and it became obsolete when HM Block came out. Personally I only used it against FMs once I got HM Block. You can still spec for bladestrike (now on 24s CD, available for use while blocking normally) which has pretty awesome troll potential. Especially in BGs where HM Block 3 attack immunity doesn't do anything. 3 sec works better.

And in PvE parry doesn't do anything either now that parry cyclone was removed. At least try out the new lightning and fire builds, see if there's something you like before you start hating.

So did blademasters become PVP fodder after this update took away the parry stun?  That skill was freaking useful in PVE.  I got a good topaz crystal and i stun and cyclone and then RMB stab spam and at least the first 5 hits get extra damage because i hit a stunned target.  Now that is gone.  I would have to find another class that can use the topaz crystal i have.

I don't know about you, but I've spent less than 1% of my playtime fighting against enemies (PvE) that actually CAN be stunned by parry. And from what you've said, have you even finished story? Doesn't look like it.

And check out F12, you can fight against a boss of your choosing and see what your damage looks like. "RMB stab" is probably Pierce and it isn't the way to go. You fight in draw stance. Plenty of guides and builds posted around the internet, I won't bother explaining.

I didn't see many BMs in 1v1 top when I checked last and it's true that several other classes seem to be better for PvP right now, but BM isn't dead. It just takes a (long) while for NCSoft to realize what they're doing to a class. As usual.

In the past when BM still have stun by blocking

- PVP: is useful

- PVE: somewhat useful like for toi and mushin tower

Now without stun by blocking:

- PVP: still doing quite well in pvp without it if you doing it right. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dz4O9OVOeGQ

- PVE: not really need anymore cause now we can even block in draw stance by using F which is more efficient, your attack stance is draw stance and you will keep that stance 90%, and you rarely use 1 to block, unless you try to activate HM block or have to block something in a really long time frame.

New combo give BM has higher damage output.

Also Pierce (normal stance RMB) doesn't do that much damage anymore and I don't think any BM out there still using this skill.

-------------------------

So tbh, you should try out new combo first

i dont get it, this new counter stun is useless with long cd (25 sec) whitch cannot be resetted, bm have now one of worst block in pvp, it was best at 45 lvl old skill patch. Now there are wls with perma counter stun, fuking ranged class with block counter stun, rly nice. Don't mention dat every class can disable your block so easy so even hm block can be used.

• 4 weeks later...

That change only took care of the noob block stunner BMs who only played around it. Now you will have to actually think for openers and plays that doesnt involve using the stun from block. You have plenty of skills to work with in order to get to your enemy. WLs have many flaws regarding the parry stun and one of them is the long cast times and the 0.5sec delay while block is activated. BMs had none on the other hand. Its time to learn your class again right? :D

• 3 weeks later...

Archived