Is the Courage badge "bugged" ?

ThisIsMadness

Hello, i got my Courage soulbadge today, i've spend quite hours testing it in combat/dungeons/dummy. I do see difference, but somehow i got quite dissapointed. 1st of all to be clear i didnt expect higher burst then Primal + Mystic, i know this badge is more for sustained damage, even tho burst is still good. But then i went in Mushin tower on dummy, and i focused mainly on damage of blazing beam i did not see any difference. Now thing is, my Flame dmg. is 1189, and when i use Dragonblaze with Courage badge, number goes up to 1768. So that is bit less then 600 elemental damage, which is like insane as the number says, so by every meaning my blazing beam should be doing atleast 145k, compared to 132-133-134 that i managed to reach as max (with red raven buff, 23% crit dmg raven buff + bt earrings buff + dual dragons). So yes, i did really paid attention to every single thing, while i was testing my blazing beam damage WITH and WITHOUT Courage badge.

So with NO courage badge, but with all buffs mentioned above my beam dmg, with raven 9 + elemental gem is 131k, then after that i equip badge, i double check if same buffs are on, and i see 132k. What is going on?

Im really confused, maybe im just being totally stupid and missing something that is infront of my eyes, or maybe i choose wrong target to test dmg on (i mean dummy's), or also, some ppls told me this badge will be good with vortex one, but then im thinking, since Holy badge was useless for fm's anyways (as a solo badge) why would they put new one and make it useless again, except if u dont merge it with some badge that is coming in future. I dont believe in this, but on the other hand, if this badge is really what my eyes see, then im 100% sure it cannot replace that op dmg and that awsome feeling of putting 2 showers in row with Primal badge, which would be really sad, as a fact that 7-8 months old badge still rules dps lists in FM class. Specially now, with op raven resets, as a class that deals so many hits per second, we can get skill reset in literally 5-10 seconds, and reuse 2 showers again and get easy 200-300k dmg out of that 2nd shower, (without soul buff), which is kind of damage that Courage badge doesnt seem of being able to replace it in many beam/palm hits. 

Edit: Yes i am being totally stupid because dragonblaze without the Courage badge gives alone 479 ED. So the Courage badge adds 100 more, which makes it 579 ED. Now when i realized this, i can definetely say that this badge is not worth for FM to use it instead of Primal one just for 100 more ED. What a shame :( hail to the 10 sec burn tho.

You said it in your edit. The badge alone only gives some elemental damage. The main aspect of the badge is burn so you dont have to use 1 that often. Currently it's pretty equal to the green badge. With vortex gear it will become better and later if you can fuse it with the next upcoming badge it will be even better. Meteor will become even less important until they decide to buff it again (from ss or badge or whatever).

Currently you can use purple or green if you are the only fire FM. In raids I would use green because someone will burn the target anyway the whole time.

10 hours ago, Zedonia said:

In raids I would use green because someone will burn the target anyway the whole time.

Bahahaha... AHAHAHAHA... BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

In a DKV with 10 other FMs, it's always my Courage keeping up Burn... let alone a real raid ...

(where we only bring 1-2 FMs and we're both selfish AF about DPSing)

12 hours ago, Mirryn said:

In a DKV with 10 other FMs, it's always my Courage keeping up Burn... let alone a real raid ...

(where we only bring 1-2 FMs and we're both selfish AF about DPSing)

Yeah, I always forget there are many people who dont know what they are doing. With few FMs in raid, well, then you have no choice.

I dont know why people still think that badge is good for something. 10sec burn is not that useful when you can just press 1 inbetween your rotations (even when they nerfed it heavily) and get over with. Raven resets are just too quick (cant speak from my experience because I dont have raven myself yet even tho Im full BT acc and ss :D lazy aff me)

It has nothing to do with resets. 1 is a big dps loss against 2 and it will be even bigger with better weapon because the modifier on 2 increases more and more. 2 also means cd reduce of DD what means more often DD and that means more damage on 2. You also get some % elemental damage from the badge what increases all your damage.

Currently the badge is only ok if you have problems with keeping up burn (for whatever reason). Later with vortex gear it will be better because much more damage on 2 and much less damage from meteor.

The more geared you are the better courage is than primal, because your blazing beam becomes ALOT stronger than impact to the point where impact does no damage in comparison, and therefor, the more you spam blazing beam instead of impact, the higher your DPS. And yes, 2 more blazing beams every 10 seconds is better/equal than another meteor for a max geared player right now.

The elemental dmg boost applies after the AP multiplier dmg and before the additional dmg and skill dmg boosts so it doesnt really matter and the 100 elemental dmg is equal to around 2% dmg boost but on higher elemental dmg count it doesnt really make much difference (above 1.2k elemental dmg 45% elemental dmg is the soft cap which hits around 1.2k and more than 1.5k is just enough). And what does vortex gear have to do with this? The vortex legendary mystic badge boosts your 4 and the 3pc ss boosts X (inferno and snowball/tornado), 8pc lowers the cd of 4 by 50%. So I have absolutely no idea what you mean by "it will be a lot stronger". Usually you see the fusion or red and blue badge in KR and noone even bothers getting the purple one (just because it cant be fused with anything for now, will be changed in future, currently in the test server in KR). So please enlighten me what it will be better?

37 minutes ago, NightFer said:

above 1.2k elemental dmg 45% elemental dmg is the soft cap which hits around 1.2k and more than 1.5k is just enough

Soft cap? 1500 enough? What? With vortex necklace FM will have permanently above 2000. Do you think that will not increase our damage much? It will for sure.

38 minutes ago, NightFer said:

The vortex legendary mystic badge boosts your 4 and the 3pc ss boosts X (inferno and snowball/tornado), 8pc lowers the cd of 4 by 50%.

It seems you got wrong information. 3 pieces boost our 2 by 35%. The boost on X is included in 8 pieces effect. 2 is our main dps skill and 35% (25% more than now because fire build will lose 10% from MSP 3) is huge. Also think about the next weapon after raven. The extra dmg on 2 will increase up to 900% later with stage 6 and will already be above 500% with stage 1 (most people will have stage 3 anyway because we can upgrade to raven 9 without too much effort). Beam will almost reach the dmg of a whole meteor skill. According to that, by using the mystic vortex badge fire will lose the 3000% on meteor making it not that good anymore. And because there is no dmg multiplier on any ss for meteor it becomes weak making the green badge useless. Purple allows more beams instead of impacts and that is a big deal. Together with the upcoming badge it will also reduce the cd of inferno more than blue can it now.

Archived