Wind/Flame KFM

NekomataAsh

Flame is easier overall. No ani cancel, more AoE dmg (Tiger Strike) and currently is probably a better path to go. Wind is more fun tho, cuz you have to ani cancel and it's the only pvp build. Also wind is single target focused dps build. Plus with Zulia legendary mythic badges it becomes better than fire (damage wise). At least that's what I've heard from a korean kfm

Just from reading the Zulia mythic badge stats, I suspect the wind = solo / fire = AoE duality changes to wind = sustain / fire = burst. It's crazy damage on a tremor/blue buff/comet+tiger burst with fire, while wind will finally get AoE (albeit short range) with a lot of continuous dps.

But with low gear equipment I would say the pros and cons are rather:

fire: easy rotation without anicancel, more AoE damage

wind: more flexible rotation, almost no AoE damage

with same damage on single targets.

With more flexible rotation with wind I mainly mean fire relies on focus management a lot. Optimally you want to keep using Tiger Strike as much as possible and Searing Blow as little as possible, but if the boss suddenly jumps away during a raid you can get focus starved. Blocking and iframing should be ok since they give you back focus, but still I find wind build more reactive during boss battles...

• 3 weeks later...
  • OK first off with VT gear both build do relatively the same amount of damage with wind being able to ramp damage pretty quickly and fire having more burst potential (FROM NEUTRAL STAND POINT). The DPS averages out since cyclone kick's boosted values over tiger strike compensate for the fact that you had to use 2 skills to actually get it up for use but with more gear its just down to 1 but still requires something to make it viable where as tiger strike is spammable (not advised for starting fights). 
  • Fire really has no chi problems if you know your skills and if you tanking, thats even more chi back for you since countering gives chi if something hits it, iframing gives chi back as well and with the Revelation mystic badge (must get for fire KFM before VT) upon every smite you can sink your finger into you tiger strike key and forget it for a while.
  • Rotation flexibility comes from element knowledge, jumping targets really aren't a problem so long as you know where your gap closers are and you're not mindlessly spamming tiger strike into the wind. (KFM, imo is one of those classes you play based on the sound of you strikes along with who you,re hitting and your buff and skill cooldowns <-- visuals). Also alot of people say fire skills cannot be canceled, well its not as animation skipping as wind and it can't be or else it would be broken, but the time for a skill's animation can be halved if you know what skill to follow it with.
  • Lastly its preference what ever you feel comfortable with is what you'll do more damage with and would make tanking (tank class) alot easier if you're not in you comfort zone with a boss throwing all hit shit at you, and you frig ups may equal team wipe its not point playing a build you don't like.

Archived