Today’s Specials Item Refunds

Liinxy

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a great solution by NCSoft!

After asking a million times for our patience, it is just so reasonable to take days and days to come up with such a GREAT solution.

Tons of Ncoins are flowing back instead of real money. Why? Needless to say.

Extra HM coins as the compensation. Well if we'd spend hundreds of dollars buying materials do you think we would care about those pathetic extra HM coins? Not to mention that there are always limitations if you purchase specific things with HM coins.

Refund everything? Very convincing.

It is our fault to believe that the unlimited purchasing amount has no problems, after being offered some other high quality materials with no purchasing limitations on a four-day streak.

It is our fault to trust that the fixed price is there for us to purchase with any amount we need in order to get a legendary bracelet.

It is our fault to make use of the so-called "not-our-intention" and pay real money to get what we need.

Well, between the refreshing time at 5pm last Saturday and the time when the unlimited amount is cancelled at around 11:30 pm the same day, I totally believe that for six and half hours the game development team are busy working on the "not their intention" offer in F10 because they need that long to fix it, instead of randomly cancel it out of nowhere at around 11:30pm. Great response!

Everything is just so convincing that I can't say nothing but agree with the refunds and compensations.

At least we get compensation, yay.

25 minutes ago, Kosako Assano said:

You agree to an end user agreement every time you log in to the game; this was indeed a cashgrab scheme, but good luck trying a lawsuit when you agree to that log in agreement everyday.

Please show me where it says that you agree for a scam and to false advertise.

Ncsoft made some nice money from this scam and all they are giving it back is hm coins.Nice move! and this is how you scam people kids and get away with it. Come back in the future for next "unintentional offer" where we make money and give you hm coins for it.

Hell the hm coins are not even worth it because if someone wanted that they would have bought that directly.

Mistake my ass, you have done this sort of nonsense before. I really doubt this was a mistake, look who benefited from it? They put an obvious cash grab, said 'oops', and kept the money. When they say refund it isn't what they think it means. How about you refund the money to people's credit cards and fire whomever let this 'mistake' happen.

Yeah its like buying something from the shop and guy is like ...ops it was a mistake , np we will give you something else for it and keeps your money. Nobody charged for hm coins or to look at Ncoin on how nice they are , people bought for the damn offer.Refund means money on credit card and not in terms of HM Coins , Nobody wants your damn HM Coins after you scammed so many people.

And trust me...this wont be the last time , my opinion is that this is just to test how people react , if it goes well and people accept then there will be a lot of more mistakes boys !! why?because they make money out of it . It will be their new way for income gg. You cant trust anything that is in the shop after this , everything can be refunded in virtual currency and you pay with RL money .Sadly they resort to these things to make money .

Welp, RNG ingame + buying from f10 is also RNG, never know if the sale is intended or not. This is a good time to make my exit, was a really fun game while it lasted for me but it seems the team is very careless lately and doesn't double check anything before release. I would never have paid as much rl $$$ if I knew this is how Ncsoft handles things now. Of course I'm not getting my real cash back XD The false advertising is strong with this one.

Tbh people should have known from the beginning it was unintended since they don't allow unlimited purchasing of items from the daily special which is why I just didn't waste my money buying any because I knew there would be a rollback.

4 minutes ago, Nala said:

Tbh people should have known from the beginning it was unintended since they don't allow unlimited purchasing of items from the daily special which is why I just didn't waste my money buying any because I knew there would be a rollback.

Yeah, every morning I'm tripping on my crystal ball...

2 hours ago, XO said:

Now you guys can spend all your ncoin/hmcoin on the lotus chests now :)

(or save for trove)

"You remember that thing you bought two days ago? We want it back now! -snatches item from your hands- "We'll refund you with store credit. Go spend this credit on other things from our store. have a nice day!"

Here's the thing. Some people wouldn't even enter that store if the item they were buying wasn't on sale. And here we are...

Now how can I have confident in buying anything from this game anymore? 

Buy something which was obvious sold as it was advertised and now wants to take it back [even when it kidna already "consumed"]? If this can happen so what about everything else I want to buy? It could just suddenly be claimed to be a "mistake" again and try and take it back again.

Game claimed to have made a mistake and the buyer have to  suffer for the so called "mistake"?  Not honoring the sale at all!

[Personally I don't believe it was not intentional]  

You and your fabulous team of costumer service if you know how to ruin everything with their great ideas, I hope that you enter through the head that we also strive and the decision that they took is the worst of all since the confidence we had were gone the floors.

Consider if they even think about saving their work since this action they are going to take back everything and revert credits in real money to those who contributed to their scam.

They will see how their golden lotus is going to total ...

PDT: additional we do not want HM coins, we want our net income in gold.

If you guys look at this from an economic and company standpoint. This is a dirty marketing strategy in order for them to achieve target goal with this bait and then refund NCoin when their target goals are met for their monthly/quarter earnings in order to keep informed of their investors. This is why they made the stones and xanos hands unlimited until they achieve certain quotas,  then refund at 11+/21+ a certain item.

We're all here to enjoy the world of Blade and Soul. Whether you are here or were here is a choice that you now have to make and live with the consequences moving forward just like you had to before hand. How you spend your time and what you have is ours to choose. Continue onward if that is what you wish. We have spirit and a conscience. Meanwhile, we must considered if we misplaced our trust in good faith. Whether truth, teamwork and cooperation can mend that only time can tell. That will have to be the community to decide because our faith in the the world of Blade and Soul is now suspect.

Caveat Emptor. Buyer beware. This goes against Truth in Advertising at face value upon initial review. Have your own take on it and see what you find. Players expect the world of Blade and Soul to be true at its heart. They were taken aback. As in, there was a literal rollback. Players' expectations ended up mistaken because the world of Blade and Soul reneged on them at face value. In past cases, the FTC has settled charges that companies' client gaming applications have mislead though online endorsements in advertising, Online posting, marketing or advertising by any parties in connection with them that received cash or in-kind payment for a product or service should be true in their disclosure of service whether directly or indirectly by someone acting on their behalf by agency. I'm sure the time between the initial post by Community Management and the follow up was to confer with Legal, Public Relations, Communications, Customer Service, Game Economy and Community Management as far as what obligations they had to act. Proving damages will be difficult and a settlement would have to be won for a civil penalty or any compensation outside of what has been done. Any filing typically only has enforcement with actions moving forward, not historical events that are history like this one.

Players will feel they were not only cheated but shamed because others they play with will perceive they cheated by spending their time, money, effort and resources how they saw fit for something that was advertised. No means were used other than the services that were provided.

It's a do-over. Now the world of Blade and Soul has your money along with the time, effort and resources we invested in good faith. All now spent. What remains is a bloat and a waste for all involved.

Good game. Good game. Like the saying goes, don't hate the player, hate the game. They corrected their mistake. Now we'll see if our trust in them is mistaken. Feel free to bring a block of salt to lick. We're done. We trust our friends, comrades and clanmates. That's more important. What other choice is there? We'll see how they earn it back.

It is because of your negligence my friends decided to quit, so I decided to temporarily stay away from this game even I am not being involved in this bitter event. Hopefully, you can sustain this game with your own. If you are not taking part of the game you will never understand the feeling of both parties (the player who spend and the player who played for free), and if you tend to satisfy either one party this will eventually damage your company reputation. It is easy to solve this dilemma just satisfied both parties. I know removal of those items are fair to those F2P and it is unavoidable, the question is how are you going to compensate those players who have actually spend their own cash/money for the today special items. Ncoin can't feed a person nor provide any necessity for the player's daily life. 

Recommendation: maybe you can try to list those items each day, for example, x5/10 hand of xanos. It allows them to complete the bracelet in 20 days if x10 xanos per day, 40 days for x5.

@TuffedUntil they return money to affected players, I won't play. And I'm not even affected by their actions btw (didn't buy any of the items in question). A business that allows themselves to fix their mistakes at the expense of their customers however, isn't worth my time and money. If this happened more than once and it did, their word that it won't happen again, isn't enough of a warranty for me anymore.

Not to mention they already put up an unlimited buying for "Zakhan's Claws" way back and it just glazed over the community like nothing happened and now you do the same with "Hands of Xanos" And suddenly it was a "Mistake". Total Dirty marketing here. I don't believe that this was a mistake. It was "Working as intended" as you say to many of your already broken things in this game :)

7 minutes ago, VodkaSteve said:

Not to mention they already put up an unlimited buying for "Zakhan's Claws" way back and it just glazed over the community like nothing happened and now you do the same with "Hands of Xanos" And suddenly it was a "Mistake". Total Dirty marketing here. I don't believe that this was a mistake. It was "Working as intended" as you say to many of your already broken things in this game :)

Yeah because back then nobody caught up to the trick , now people notice because its the bracelet and NcSoft thought UH REMEMBER THAT TIME WHEN WE DID THAT SCHEME AND MADE LOTS OF MONEY AND NOBODY BITCHED?? YEP...LET`S DO IT AGAIN!!

Now they are just : oh ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ they caught us ! np we will give them HM Coins.

People have to understand that this is not the first time it happens and it won`t be the last! They will keep on doing it because its profit for them no matter what , not everyone will ask for refund , some people will just let it be , DON`T LET IT BE! because it means profit for them.

I`m also quitting the game just because i don`t want to help a scamming company grow. Who wants to be apart of it and help them out then good luck!!

5 minutes ago, Fulmi said:

Yeah because back then nobody caught up to the trick , now people notice because its the bracelet and NcSoft thought UH REMEMBER THAT TIME WHEN WE DID THAT SCHEME AND MADE LOTS OF MONEY AND NOBODY BITCHED?? YEP...LET`S DO IT AGAIN!!

Now they are just : oh ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ they caught us ! np we will give them HM Coins.

People have to understand that this is not the first time it happens and it won`t be the last! They will keep on doing it because its profit for them no matter what , not everyone will ask for refund , some people will just let it be , DON`T LET IT BE! because it means profit for them.

I`m also quitting the game just because i don`t want to help a scamming company grow. Who wants to be apart of it and help them out then good luck!!

And now that they posted what they're gonna do it's already set in stone. They cant take this back as it would further ruin the integrity of their company (What little they have left). So all we can really do is step back and watch everything just fade away as we picket fence and riot, and begrudgingly farm all the stuff back.

Archived