Today’s Specials Item Refunds

Liinxy

• NCSOFT

Hello everyone,

As an update to our previous communication, we wanted to give everyone an update on what will happen with the unlimited item purchases that were made in Today’s Special this past weekend. These items were not intended to be sold in unlimited quantities, and due to these purchases giving a significant advantage in progression we need to remove and refund the purchases made. We appreciate everyone’s patience as we developed a process to properly do so.

Refunds will occur for those that purchased items above the following thresholds (e.g. someone that purchased 11 Hand of Xanos will be refunded, while 10 Hand of Xanos would not).

Item

Purchase Threshold for Refund

Hand of Xanos

11+

Ascendance Stone

21+

Blackstone Fragment

11+

Starting tomorrow, removal of the items will begin, and NCoin or Hongmoon Coin spent on them will be returned to the account. If the items purchased were exchanged, or upgraded, they’ll have all of those transactions rolled back and any materials used refunded. Nothing else on the account will be changed, only the items related to these purchases will be affected. This is a complex and manual process; if you don’t see your items returned immediately, please be patient.

We apologize for everyone that was affected by this and we’ve made the required changes so that these items will be properly listed for limited quantities in Today’s Specials in the future. We’ll be granting all players that are being refunded a variable amount of extra Hongmoon Coin based on how many items they purchased for the inconvenience.

Customer Support will be reaching out to the players that were affected directly, so please refrain from submitting a ticket as this will not expedite the process.

Thank you,

Blade & Soul Team

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's another thing that's going to happen. They say they'll return what was invested as drops, but there was nothing being said about whether people will receive their old bracelets back. If it was pinnacle it's no problem, but if it was true boss bracelets, there's no way to restore that easily. Keep that in mind please.

Thank you so much NC! 

The mistakes being able to buy Ascending stones in unlimited amount is extremely p2w. it will take hundred of hours to get full beluga sets and ppl can just bought all of them.

Please for the love of god check every single items on F10 per day before u guys released them on store. if there are stuff like Unlimited oils etc that would be extremely p2w and so bad.  im super happy u guys are willing to revert all of these mistakes.

This is one of the reasons caused ppl to quit in the first place cuz of this p2w in 6vs6. ty guys!

Much thanks!

4 minutes ago, AhComplicate said:

This basically screw over anybody that purchased overpriced material from f5

to upgrade the bracelet (buy expensive item(s) from f5 to upgrade)

Same goes to those who undercut exchange JUST to buy those "unlimited item(s)"

that You guys fk up.

Tbh this is the best solution that could've been implemented, that's why they will add some compensation in the form of HM Coins to those who unnecessarily spent real cash or lost gold due to trash exchange (basically compensation for taking the risky approach to buy these hands and getting the value of risk ripped off). 

If the compensation is low though, then that would suck big time. Also, I know ppl who bought a lot of elements to upgrade bracelet and now it seems they will stay with useless elements with no bracelet, which also sucks a bit. 

I understand that it was tough to deal with this, and the solution to this seems fair, AS LONG AS THEY DON'T SCREW UP THE MATERIALS REFUND   /giggle

6 minutes ago, MassiveEgo said:

There's another thing that's going to happen. They say they'll return what was invested as drops, but there was nothing being said about whether people will receive their old bracelets back. If it was pinnacle it's no problem, but if it was true boss bracelets, there's no way to restore that easily. Keep that in mind please.

I assume since salvaging true boss is unrelated to the hands purchase and bracelet upgrade it will remain salvaged.

Hope they give back all mats used on Bracelet upgrades (jewels, mats, F20 bracelet and ofc the gold), and some ppl sold gold to get HMcoins it'd be nice if they give back the gold sold instead of HMcoins. or maybe give Ncoin so players buy gold from f9 (guess this'll never happen but meh, it's still an option)

53 minutes ago, Scarypotter said:

so for the people who sold gold to currency exchange for hongmoon coins just got screwed. I dont want hongmoon coins i want the gold back

That's exactly what i'm saying

I don't trust what's in f10 to be legit anymore

I can't even trust what will be in f10 in the future to be purchasable

without wondering if NC fk up again and going to have to do another refund for the item(s)

They should really forget about the bracelets. How many people bought mats they wouldn't of if it wasn't for getting the bracelet. How many refined moonstones, soul stones and Elysian orbs ? What about the farming ? How will they compensate for those ? I would be wrong for then to only give Elysian crystals back when we refined orbs or unfair to give us orbs for our crystals. not to mention the farmed accessories that will take up precious inventory space till we once again get a bracelet. what about the silv key used ? could of been a HM key or a regular. Some players may of salvaged their true boss gear to get jewels when normally they would of kept them as a souvenir since it's no longer available.

or even players that spent money upgrading their old hm gear to true boss just for the jewels...

Unlike with the XP charms this ain't as simple as undo and refund. To do this correctly you would need to ask EVERY PLAYER INDIVIDUALLY what actions they took after they got their bracelets. personally i know someone who paid a friend to farm floor 20 for him so he could get a dragon/tiger bracelet; will they know to refund that ?

The bracelet sets precedent as being the starting point of a long chain of actions taken by players to level it up. There is no way to compensate for that.

If they want to be fair to other players then i suggest increasing the amount of hands dropped from sanctum for a limited time.

if they have saved on their servers all of the data needed to properly compensate everyone taking at least all the factors i stated in my first paragraph; then i suggest they stop recording that much info... That can't be good for server response time.

Basically, you guys turned something bad into something worse. Instead of owning up to what happened, and offer compensation to those who deserve it, you turn the tables on on yourselves. I'm pretty sure those who purchased NCoin on those days are gonna want a refund. :)

People wasted hours of farming because you guys ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ed up. How are you guys going to compensate for people who wasted hours of farming. And most importantly we dont need ur ncoin refund. We don't need the currency we have no use for (aka ncoin). Be fair and return the money you have charged. this is ur mistake and yet this is not an appropriate compensation.

Just now, Braio said:

People wasted hours of farming because you guys ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ed up. How are you guys going to compensate for people who wasted hours of farming. And most importantly we dont need ur ncoin refund. We don't need the currency we have no use for (aka ncoin). Be fair and return the money you have charged. this is ur mistake and yet this is not an appropriate compensation.

^ The reason people even purchased NCoin was for the unlimited materials. We payed for something in particular, and you take that away? Forget the compensation, and give us our money back.

9 minutes ago, Braio said:

They have the ncoin precisely so they can hold onto our money if they screw things up. Technically it's irrelevant whether we spent money to get ncoins for this event or for something else. We gave them money for ncoin, they gave us ncoin. They can however give back the virtual ingame currency back. It's a pretty solid way to compose scam schemes actually. This is technically a scam and a lawful one at that.

Gotta log in just to have a say in this.

So I did not want to spend my $100 for 8000 NC Coin, but I did anyway for the bracelet. If you are gonna do a refund for what happened, am I gonna be able to get my $100 back? Obviously, I do not have much use for 8000 NC Coin.

Seriously, i dont believe u did this unintentionally, u made everyone purchase NCoin, and when ur materials sold out, u took back the materials and only returned the NCoin back. But we don't need NCoin if there is nothing we want to purchase. 

6 minutes ago, Dreadomir said:

Basically, you guys turned something bad into something worse. Instead of owning up to what happened, and offer compensation to those who deserve it, you turn the tables on on yourselves. I'm pretty sure those who purchased NCoin on those days are gonna want a refund. :)

This ^ this right here

Hes not talking about refund the ncoin back onto the game account

Hes talking about refund the ncoin back ONTO THE CREDIT CARD

IF they don't refund any ncoin back onto the card holders

its fall under FALSE ADVERTISEMENT

due to the fact that they advertised "unlimited purchase" which made

player(s) buy ncoin to buy the "unlimited item(s)" but now Ncwest want to refund

what player(s) had purchased.

This is also consider:

-A trap

(advertise something to lure consumers to buy ncoin, but does not refund

the money back onto one's credit card)

-A scam

(advertise products to lure consumers to pay real money, for ingame currency,

however an "unintended issue occur" a refund back onto the account with ingame currency, but not

onto the CARD holder's account (real money))

I hope you do this right or else there'll be a lawsuit toward NCwest

Agree, the fact 800 gold I spent is going get stuck in HC because NCSoft make mistake is not fair at all.  I wasted my real money and gold for hand of Xanos, not for NC or HC.  I agreed this can be consider as scam or trap just because you make incentive to buy something and after making the mistake, now you changing the condition and give us back what the customer does not want, they want the real investment back no currency that you guys use to get the item.

Archived