Today’s Specials Item Refunds

Liinxy

23 minutes ago, Dreadomir said:

You can't deny it was a shady move on their part, I mean think about it. They provide a service for NCoin, people who weren't planning on purchasing NCoin purchased it for that service. Those who couldn't afford NCoin put months worth of farming in the currency exchange to be able to buy this service. Both parties got what they wanted, but some people thought that was unfair. They choose to limit the sale due to the complaints. Those who finally sold their gold for hongmoon coin couldn't buy the service anymore cause they limited the sale. This caused more people to be upset, and complain even more. After two days without saying anything, they finally come out and say it was unintentional. They punish their paying customers, and try holding us responsible for their mess up. We bought NCoin just for that service, and can't get our money back after they took what they were selling back. Some of the people who used the currency exchange didn't even get a full refund, and lost months of progress. They can't really buy their gold back with hongmoon coin. In my opinion, they did rob from us.

I think you're just pulling things out of the air trying to make something of it because currently you're really upset. Which I get it like it's totally understandable since you and alot of people thought they were finally done farming the bracelet but I mean the daily specials have been live for how long now? They have always had a limit and someone reported that they stopped at 3 because it said 3 and they didn't think the could purchase more when in fact you could, right? But when people realized they could they took advantage of it, right? I mean who wouldn't, I was rooting for them putting it up for sale again excluding the people who already paid but looking at how the community has reacted lately over things you can buy with rl/gold to progress your character is insanely negative. I mean there's that dude who keeps creating threads telling them to stop putting materials like this in the store completely...so can you really be shocked that they were going to re-roll how BIG of a mess up this was since I'm assuming it's not like 20 people who abused this than the most convenient way would be to refund the currency you used to buy them with. If this was like 5 people, I can see them refunding your money but that is probably really complicated on it's own, like imagine if they messed up refunding people back? And that's just thinking of ncoin, to refund hmcoin they would have to figure out how much ncoin was spent buying your gold and with the conversion rate always fluctuating as it's player run which is another complication and what about the player who bought your gold? Do they let them keep the free gold while reverting whatever item(s) they bought with the gold? And all of that is supposed to go smoothly? They would have better luck re-rolling the entire game and THAT would ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ off even more people. Like looking at it like that, can you see how maybe you getting back the currency + a free 800 nc/hmc is maybe just the better route?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, XO said:

I think you're just pulling things out of the air trying to make something of it because currently you're really upset. Which I get it like it's totally understandable since you and alot of people thought they were finally done farming the bracelet but I mean the daily specials have been live for how long now? They have always had a limit and someone reported that they stopped at 3 because it said 3 and they didn't think the could purchase more when in fact you could, right? But when people realized they could they took advantage of it, right? I mean who wouldn't, I was rooting for them putting it up for sale again excluding the people who already paid but looking at how the community has reacted lately over things you can buy with rl/gold to progress your character is insanely negative. I mean there's that dude who keeps creating threads telling them to stop putting materials like this in the store completely...so can you really be shocked that they were going to re-roll how BIG of a mess up this was since I'm assuming it's not like 20 people who abused this than the most convenient way would be to refund the currency you used to buy them with. If this was like 5 people, I can see them refunding your money but that is probably really complicated on it's own, like imagine if they messed up refunding people back? And that's just thinking of ncoin, to refund hmcoin they would have to figure out how much ncoin was spent buying your gold and with the conversion rate always fluctuating as it's player run which is another complication and what about the player who bought your gold? Do they let them keep the free gold while reverting whatever item(s) they bought with the gold? And all of that is supposed to go smoothly? They would have better luck re-rolling the entire game and THAT would ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ off even more people. Like looking at it like that, can you see how maybe you getting back the currency + a free $10 is maybe just the better route?

I'm upset, as I lost real life money for NCoin I did not need, and I'm sure a lot of people are too. I respect your opinion, and you're free to accuse me of bullshitting. But after reading multiple posts on the issue, you can pretty much add up the situation. There were people who lost gold, others lost mat, and some real life money. whether it was intentional or not, this was not dealt with accordingly. Also, regarding the limit; there wasn't one for the first few hours of the sale. After some complaints however, NCWest decided to put a limit. That's when the 0/3 limit began to show. 

2 minutes ago, Dreadomir said:

I'm upset, as I lost real life money for NCoin I did not need, and I'm sure a lot of people are too. I respect your opinion, and you're free to accuse me of bullshitting. But after reading multiple posts on the issue, you can pretty much add up the situation. There were people who lost gold, others lost mat, and some real life money. whether it was intentional or not, this was not dealt with accordingly. Also, regarding the limit; there wasn't one for the first few hours of the sale. After some complaints however, NCWest decided to put a limit. That's when the 0/3 limit began to show. 

I don't doubt people are. Why not just save what you got back for trove? I have no doubt the hands will be in there + the multiple items you and everyone else can sell back for gold. Can you get your rl money back? no. Can you end up profiting from the refund if you just wait? yes. Will it be what you wanted? No. Will it be useless?No. 

But how do you know that's why they put the limit? How do you not know they went "oh shit what happened we have to fix this IMMEDIATELY"? Don't you find it odd with how much they've messed up lately? Like it isn't even profitable as they are losing players/customers lol.

Just now, XO said:

I don't doubt people are. Why not just save what you got back for trove? I have no doubt the hands will be in there + the multiple items you and everyone else can sell back for gold. Can you get your rl money back? no. Can you end up profiting from the refund if you just wait? yes. Will it be what you wanted? No. Will it be useless?No. 

But how do you know that's why they put the limit? How do you not know they went "oh shit what happened we have to fix this IMMEDIATELY"? Don't you find it odd with how much they've messed up lately? Like it isn't even profitable as they are losing players/customers lol.

Because nobody complained when the unlimited zakhan claws were up, and they didn't do a thing about those. There's definitely a difference between the claws and hand of xanos, but according to how they resolved things, nothing on Today's Specials is supposed to be unlimited. I agree with you, it's definitely odd how much they've been messing up. So why do they keep on doing it, especially when they're losing players/customers? This is why it seems like they intentionally did this, in my opinion at least.

1 minute ago, Dreadomir said:

Because nobody complained when the unlimited zakhan claws were up, and they didn't do a thing about those. There's definitely a difference between the claws and hand of xanos, but according to how they resolved things, nothing on Today's Specials is supposed to be unlimited. I agree with you, it's definitely odd how much they've been messing up. So why do they keep on doing it, especially when they're losing players/customers? This is why it seems like they intentionally did this, in my opinion at least.

What's the difference between a legendary ring and a legendary bracelet? I think that happened before I came back so I don't know much about that, were the people this angry over p2w items as they are now? Like it was never a popular idea but lately? ohboy..

Why would they want to lose customers though? Out of all their games BnS can't be the one that's doing bad lol.

1 minute ago, XO said:

What's the difference between a legendary ring and a legendary bracelet? I think that happened before I came back so I don't know much about that, were the people this angry over p2w items as they are now? Like it was never a popular idea but lately? ohboy..

Why would they want to lose customers though? Out of all their games BnS can't be the one that's doing bad lol.

The bracelet is a lot stronger than the ring, and I have no idea. Ever since they implemented Today's Specials, there have been multiple problems. When it first released, you could purchase things over the limit. They didn't do anything about those purchases until they sold the 1 million exp charms, where they quickly realized it was unintentional, and rolled back people in the same manner as of recent, but nobody lost anything except hongmoon levels. This time however, there are people who lost precious gold, and materials that they were saving for future upgrades, or for their future gunners/maestros.

I don't know why they want to lose customers, but they keep messing up repeatedly. We had the founders of the BnS Academy quit because they did not agree with where this game was heading. Anyways, why do these types of errors continue to occur? Why haven't they fixed the unlimited issue with Today's Specials since it has happened before?

Like you said in another thread, maybe they do need to work on their staff. Whether this is the result of a incompetent employees, or just sheer greed from the company. One thing is clear, this game is eventually going to be full on pay to win.

Greetings everyone.

I will try to keep it short and I am not offending or defending anyone.

Whatever they do you will always complain because whatever they will do is never enough.

They said you going to get your coins back + extra so don't say low rates exchange for HM coins you going to get extra coins as they said and I am sure you will be changing gold for HM coins in the future too so you lose nothing .

Now for the people played money they going to get back their ncoins + extra and don't say you would never pay for outfits or RNG boxes, it's easy you payed once you may do it again so stop this drama and stop being greedy please .

And last they will give you back your used mats too

I think this solution is the best if you want back your salvaged bracelet just send to support and explain your problem and they will revert it since it's their mistake.

If it was the best solution,

everyone would be happy. 
because it is NOT the best solution why people are upset

[Like the error with trove, ok so people who bought key early got double. No one really got hurt. Not much anger] 

People are upset because whatever they will do will be never enough people are greedy so what do you think is better give a free bracelet to everyone and make the one paying for it get angry or resell those items unlimited so everyone who can afford it get the bracelet and make the other party angry I think the refound plus extra as compensation is the best option 

14 hours ago, MassiveEgo said:

I didn't say it wasn't common sense that there's something wrong with it. In an essence however, it was an opportunity. People took it cause it was there and NC didn't do anything to insta fix it. They invested their money in order to benefit from that opportunity. And now they have neither the bracelet, nor their money. Only a tyrant "fixes" things in such a fashion. And if they want to be a tyrant, we'll have to play our hand accordingly.

Hand? Pun intended?

It is simple gentlemen, since with this great scam caused to the players simply what we must is no longer to contribute to their coffers of cash and that the new or free players try to do it because for the evil that they did to us I believe that a person capable And thinker does not return to provide more real money to this company.

It gives me so much laughter to see how they are crying for emails so that we continue donating for their 400K of the golden lotus, they know with this that they caused us the only ones that will contribute the stupid ones who have no knowledge of the reality that is happening here.

And for people who are jumping with joy for what they did, I would have liked to put the extra coins where the sun would never shine and thus feel more happy about the shit they are still talking about.

Yet another way to anger your costumers. In a game where most PVP content is matched and the high level content difficult I am not buying the unfair advantage argument at all. That like saying when an legendary item crits  in a dungeon, the player who has 100 gold to buy it being unfair to the player who does not. For something to be an unfair advantage it has to be something only available to certain people. IE if only Premium Subscriber could buy the item, while the free to play base could not.  These were available to EVERYONE. The reality is no one had any greater advantage to obtain the item over anyone else. Just as it is with any legendary drop in a dungeon, all had the opportunity to purchase these items.

I also find the compensation offered unfair and lacking. The Mats at issue were extremely expensive to purchase. Current compensation being sent out is not nearly enough and is nothing shy of punitive. You all made a mistake, but taking it out on the players base does not illicit good will or garner further support for the game. Your further mishandling of the incident will do nothing but drive more players away. There are already many folks fed up with the direction it been going. Two of my clan have already left due to the  nerfing  of their classes, the price gouging to transfer gems AP gems between alts, frustrated by lack of upgrade mats, and the even more gouging of in game gold to level items, not to mention the constant server lag.

Instead of looking at this as some sort of wrong that needed to be corrected. I would suggest you broaden the scope of your vision. Think about it. Instead of encouraging folks to waster their NC Coin on overpriced lame costume boxers like the Black Phoenix. WHICH ARE NOT SELLING. You could have gained all the funds you need for you prize pool  by giving folks the opportunity to buy certain hard to get mats unlimited quantities instead.  I would do this in a rotation of 1 type of Mat offered for an extremely limited time, i.e. at the start of the tournament season.  Instead of gouging your customers for useless items at every turn I would like to see you folks to start thinking bigger and offering more opportunity for players to get geared. It is sad to see an HM14 player with only 910 AP. Held back not buy lack of skill but the unavailability of mats and the exorbitant cost to upgrade weapons and accessories.

and again more of the same, ncsoft scam us, sorry my bad, they did a mistake, then in the fix, they manage to call the ones that bought 11+ cheater by removing all the item aquired, not only the excess itens. 

more i believe this was just a scam to hit a month target of ncoin bought. 

But the worst is, they do this then just we are implementing a bad fix, but after that not a word is said to their costumers, like "we are right, is the costumers that did the mistake, no mistage form us, so nothing to say to the costumers"

Actually I am quite surprised that they would do the rollback as it is way more complicated than it looks and it is so time-consuming. Also, this does not even affect in-game market or anything. It is just benefit some players for not spamming NS dungeon. That's it. 

With this little issue, they do roll-back. But with the bugs in last trove, they just hand out additional trove keys without doing any roll-back. It is just very funny how they handle the different issues/mistakes they made to this game.

even worst is the lack of a word from the GM's, they do the mistakes and we are the ones that suffer the consesequences.

but yeah, the solution that bring them more cash is the one that they choose, all to screw us up

I sold 2k gold on currency exchange for hongmoon coins only because of xanos hands, i would have never sold my gold for anything else. They refunded me hongmoon coins and when i asked for my gold back there answer was this " I understand that you would like to revert the Hongmoon Coin back to Gold in order for you to use again for some upgrades, but unfortunately as tool limitation we are unable to provide this assistance and in this case I can only ask for your understanding." in other words im screwed out of 2k gold for there mistake and no bracelet. Bad business NC SOFT

if it was a "bug" why just some got their itens stolen by ncsoft?

the first time it happened i believe in bug, the second sorry but i dont believe it was a bug. I stopped trying to understand at ncosft decisions and in what they say

It wasn't a bug or mistake, it was a cash grab and they, NCWest, profited from it. Seems to me it was done on a weekend when they knew the most players would be on and buy into it. I expect it to happen again.

FYI 'refund' is when I get my money back not when you give me items, that I didn't ask for or want, and keep my money.

haha...it is just like when you go to a store. You see an item on a super-sale with unlimited amount, but you need to exchange your cash with their coupons first. After you spent your cash and bought the items with coupons, the store manager said the sale was a mistake and took all the items back and they only gave you the coupons (not cash) back to you. Now, what can you do? Hold on to the coupons and buy other items in the same store? I think this is a scam.

On 21.7.2017 at 10:14 PM, FrozenB said:

haha...it is just like when you go to a store. You see an item on a super-sale with unlimited amount, but you need to exchange your cash with their coupons first. After you spent your cash and bought the items with coupons, the store manager said the sale was a mistake and took all the items back and they only gave you the coupons (not cash) back to you. Now, what can you do? Hold on to the coupons and buy other items in the same store? I think this is a scam.

That's exactly what this is.

• Liinxy locked and unpinned this topic

Archived