Heart of The Golden Lotus: GIFTING

Shunaia

Okay, so on my MAIN account, I have already bought Heart of The Golden Lotus for myself.

Now that the bundle is giftable, I have read that IF you gift it, you AND the recipient of your gift BOTH get all of the outfits and all that neat stuff from the milestone rewards met from this fundraising campaign.

What I want to know is this: Now that I have already bought the bundle for myself on my MAIN account, is it possible to buy it on a totally different account and send it to my MAIN account, to get the costumes again?

I'm not worried about the sub account getting the outfits at all, but I would like multiples of some of the outfits on my main account. I want one of my alts to wear the items that are in the box itself.

When I TRY to purchase it with NCoins that I just bought, it says "Unable to complete transaction due to system errors.".

I THINK this is what it said when I tried to be sneaky and get the "Alice" outfit on this sub account and "gift" or send it to my main account, which did NOT work out.

Is the error because I already have the bundle on main account? --Or is the error from something like Paypal not used to seeing me spend money on this sub account, since it's been a while since I last used it, AND only bought NCoin on it a few times...?

I hope someone here has the answers I need. Thanks for any and all constructive responses.^^;

Aside from my own selfish desires to get a 2nd set of costumes on my main account, I AM trying to do my part in getting us to that $400K milestone, at least. Even if we just end up reaching only the Yunma Fei milestone, I'll feel this wasn't a total waste.^^;

Okay so my understanding is you can gift it from your main account and get a second set of milestone costumes. But if you're wondering if you can gift yourself and get 2 mafia sets PLUS milestone rewards, I don't know. But that is something I would also like to know because honestly I want that axe skin now that I've seen it.

Maybe @Liinxy will see this and clarify everything up s:

1 minute ago, XO said:

Okay so my understanding is you can gift it from your main account and get a second set of milestone costumes. But if you're wondering if you can gift yourself and get 2 mafia sets PLUS milestone rewards, I don't know. But that is something I would also like to know because honestly I want that axe skin now that I've seen it.

Maybe @Liinxy will see this and clarify everything up s:

Yeah, I saw that you seemed to be asking what I was already wondering. I already bought the NCoin on an account that I don't even play a single character on. I had to use it one time to send a gift to myself on my main account. The red top with the black, striped leggings and black skirt. It also gives the recipient the "Gift Master" title.

I hope Liinxy does show up and answer this. I also submitted a ticket, just in case I can get an answer from them sooner.

My take on this is:
1. You can only get the box itself on your account ONCE. Whether it was gifted or bought yourself.
2. The only person who will receive the milestone rewards when gifting is the person who is gifted the box, not the person who gave it to them.
Overall you would only receive the box outfit and all the milestone rewards ONCE per account, even if you gifted multiple others the box, you would not say receive 3 black padded coats, spring breeze, ect. for gifting 3 other people the box. 

1 minute ago, Arktic said:

My take on this is:
1. You can only get the box itself on your account ONCE. Whether it was gifted or bought yourself.
2. The only person who will receive the milestone rewards when gifting is the person who is gifted the box, not the person who gave it to them.
Overall you would only receive the box outfit and all the milestone rewards ONCE per account, even if you gifted multiple others the box, you would not say receive 3 black padded coats, spring breeze, ect. for gifting 3 other people the box. 

I understand that I would not get a set of the outfits and adornments PER gift I would send out, but that isn't what I'm trying to figure out.

I'm trying to determine if I CAN receive a gift from my SUB account to my MAIN account, when I already purchased it for myself on my MAIN account.

I hope this clears this up for you a little better, if I wasn't clear before. I try to speak and write as plainly as I can in environments like this, and especially when multiple cultures and languages merge the way they do here.^^;

17 minutes ago, Arktic said:

My take on this is:

They stated that you can get multiples.

ACTUALLY re-reading this now I don't know since they say recepients. Maybe it is actually once. Ahh this is confusing.

That's fine no problem.~ Its once per account, no matter gifted or bought. So if you bought it you can't receive it as a gift and if you got it as a gift you can't buy it. 

@xo that tweet seems to be saying that if you receive a box the person who gets it gifted to them would receive the milestones. No where does it say you'd both receive them. I guess just wait for someone else to clarify. 

3 minutes ago, XO said:

They stated that you can get multiples.

ACTUALLY re-reading this now I don't know since they say recepients. Maybe it is actually once. Ahh this is confusing.

Ah, I was actually looking for that because I wanted to re-read it too, just to make sure.

I think I originally read the "wo" in the question, as "without", like when you type "w/o", but he/she probably meant the word "who".

Anyway, in the reply to the question, the "extra costumes" just refers to the milestone costumes after the initial ones in the box.

-But there was another Twitter post I saw linked somewhere. Looking for it now, actually, but it seemed to say that both the gifter AND the giftee get the stuff from the bundle. If THIS is actually true, it should've been this way from the very beginning. It'd give MORE people incentive to send a "gift" to just anyone else, because it would eman they would get the same items for themselves.

Anyway, I'll keep looking...

2 minutes ago, Arktic said:

That's fine no problem.~ Its once per account, no matter gifted or bought. So if you bought it you can't receive it as a gift and if you got it as a gift you can't buy it. 

@xo that tweet seems to be saying that if you receive a box the person who gets it gifted to them would receive the milestones. No where does it say you'd both receive them. I guess just wait for someone else to clarify. 

Yeah, that's not the tweet I'm referring to. In a previous post I just replied to with user "XO", I was explaining what I had read from a different tweet. I'm still looking for it, though.  lol

13 minutes ago, Shunaia said:

Ah, I was actually looking for that because I wanted to re-read it too, just to make sure.

I think I originally read the "wo" in the question, as "without", like when you type "w/o", but he/she probably meant the word "who".

Anyway, in the reply to the question, the "extra costumes" just refers to the milestone costumes after the initial ones in the box.

-But there was another Twitter post I saw linked somewhere. Looking for it now, actually, but it seemed to say that both the gifter AND the giftee get the stuff from the bundle. If THIS is actually true, it should've been this way from the very beginning. It'd give MORE people incentive to send a "gift" to just anyone else, because it would eman they would get the same items for themselves.

Anyway, I'll keep looking...

That's what I thought too but I'm wondering if it's the same tweet taken that way. It might've actually been me who took it that way because I posted this in the big 400k thread, but I swear it seemed like both would get it ._. Honestly I'm wondering if they will let us buy another pack within the last week on our accounts since the milestone doesn't seem to be rising alot lately.

Yeah, that was actually my thread about the $400K milestone being "too much of a stretch", so to speak.  lol

When I looked back on it, I think it might've been that I was looking at your post and not a tweet after all. Oh, well. If that's the case, it's no big deal. I'll just use those NCoin for the next rotation of cosmetics and gift them to my main account, I suppose. Thank you, both of you who chimed in on this issue. I'll consider this matter closed, for now, unless new info comes to light. Have a great day, people.^^

Basically how it works is this:

1. Limited to one purchase per account. 

2. You can buy it and open it on your account, thus allowing you to receive the milestone rewards.

3. You may gift it to someone even if you already purchased it. The person that gets this gift + opens it gets the milestone rewards. You do not get double rewards.

Archived