Unlimited Items in Today's Specials

Liinxy

• NCSOFT

Greetings,

This past weekend a couple items that went into Today’s Specials were set for unlimited sales; particularly the Hand of Xanos item used to trade in for a Draken Bracelet. It was not our intention to allow these items to be set at unlimited quantities, and we’re working on a resolution for the items already purchased. We appreciate your understanding and will keep you updated.

Thank you for your continued support,

The Blade & Soul Team

• Liinxy pinned and unlocked this topic

This is a very  sensitive and particularly difficult situation you guys got yourself into. I'm not here to judge anyone, but just to say that it won't be an easy task to please both sides. Those who charged NCoin for the chance to get ahead will not be happy having their items taken away. Especially those who spent gold and materials getting their new bracelets to stage 10. Those who worked hard for their bracelets, more in particular those who have not even gotten their bracelet after countless runs of Naryu Sanctum will not be happy if you just let things be like they are. You guys put yourself in this situation before, and I feel like the Today's Specials feature should be temporarily disabled, and looked into for any flaws to prevent any future mishaps like this from happening again. I hope you guys take both sides into consideration, and offer equilibrium instead of tipping the scales yet again.

Now the interesting thing would be if the bracelets were kept with anyone from the event/ occurrence/ accident and before it and in addition to that, the rate in which the bracelet drops from sanctum were increased to where it is palatable. Because, aside from this, there's a number of things... Right now, there's the new soul that is out and soon it will be the update for VT which comes with the gloves accessory. By that time, Kunlun will be out (seeing as we won't be getting Gonryun) and this upgrade path comes after Raven/ Chokma. All in all, there's going to be more weapons, accessories, and materials that will be required to completely upgrade.

You guys better refund all the gold players used to exchange for hmcoin.

Due to the fact that you guys "made" xanos hand purchasable for an unlimited

amount which led to multiple players exchanged gold for hmcoin.

If this "fix" is the same as for the "removing of 1m exp charm"

there will be flame upon the forum, just giving you guys a heads up

to prevent more players from quitting the game.

@Liinxy,

Hand of Xanos is not the bigguest issue here, while you guys were off on Weekends, there are massive outcries on ascending stones. Those takes a very long time to farm and several whales already gotten full set of beluga SS which is ridiculous. and then you guys made ascending stones only purchasable back to 10 from unlimited. Which massively put those ppl who bought these earlier with HM coins/ Ncoins at a big advantage and made it extremely P2W. Henc alot of ppl wanted to quit

I would also like to add, this is very disturbing since when hand of xanos  came out it didn't look like a bug since the day before there was already unlimited item [I forgot what it was] and nothing was done with that. It also came with "fixed price" label which kinda implied you can or should buy many. So it looked more like the new trend. So when buying these hand of xanos it may not thought it was a bug. So buying it wasn't a hack or anything and now you want to punish those who bought it? makes  buying form f10 very insecure since how do i know then if something I buy may be said to be a mistake later have to get reverted?

My personal opinion on items in cash shops is that I don't really care as long as that item is available to be gotten in game Also most stuff can be bought in market place for gold anyway which can be bought via ncoin using f9 including the tradeable legendary bracelet.  Plus there is already trove, RNG boxes etc.  So I didn't really see this as anything so different when it appeared in the f10 and far away from thinking it was a bug.

Plus there be issues not only of currency exchanged  or credit card that may be done but also if it braken bracelet, older bracelet may have been salvage to get leg jewels or thrown away and many issues related to getting the materials for upgrades etc. Same with pvp soul shield etc may have been fused and merged etc, older SS discarded and many more possible other upgrades made.

Maybe instead of going backwards like that, maybe offer free some amount of hand of xanos, ascending stones, etc to everyone to balance it out?

i do not see how they can revert these items unless they haven't been used. Once they been used you have to give back 1. nc coin/hongmoon coin 2. gold used to upgrade 3. materials used to upgrade. Seems to me like this is a waste of resources, they more simple solution is to make sure this doesn't happen again.

6 hours ago, TakunDes said:

@Liinxy,

Hand of Xanos is not the bigguest issue here, while you guys were off on Weekends, there are massive outcries on ascending stones. Those takes a very long time to farm and several whales already gotten full set of beluga SS which is ridiculous. and then you guys made ascending stones only purchasable back to 10 from unlimited. Which massively put those ppl who bought these earlier with HM coins/ Ncoins at a big advantage and made it extremely P2W. Henc alot of ppl wanted to quit

I totally agree with this. Last night I was doing some 6v6 and I'm pretty geared myself with Raven Stage 6 and Cosmic Soul plus being HM16 and decent PVP soulshield..... but all that doesn't matter against someone that took advantage of the fixed price sale of ascendance stones who are wearing full new legendary PVP soulshields with Ascendant Stage 6 weapons.

It will be hard to find a solution that would please everyone with this mess up NCSoft did with the Daily Specials. Most people that bought the Hand of Xanos and Ascendance Stones have already upgraded their weapons and bought the soulshields. You can't just take that away from them. On the other hand, its also unfair for people that wasn't able to take advantage of the sale to be left hanging. Seriously NCSoft... listen to your player base and stop being too greedy. This is how MMORPGs dies. A lot of people have quit already and I find myself thinking about that now too. Once more people quit, no matter how many free stuff you give, it won't matter. I know myself won't be coming back once I quit. I don't care if you even give me 10k NCOINS. I spent thousands on this game.. 10k NCOINS is nothing to me.

Anyway here's a solution I would like to suggest that I think would be fair to most people if not everyone:

Try to do another Daily Special with the Hand of Xanos and Ascendance Stones. The maximum amount you can buy will be based on the number of Hand of Xanos or Ascendance Stones on the player that bought the most of it. So let's say PlayerA bought a max of 300 Hand of Xanos and he 's the one in the entire server that bought the most, then do a sale on that using the amount 300 the max you can buy. This way everyone has the opportunity to get as much or close to how many PlayerA bought. Same should go for Ascendance Stones. If PlayerB bought 200 Ascedance Stones, do a Daily Sale for it using 200 as the max amount you can buy. Since these items were bought at a fixed price by the people that took advantage of the sale, it should also be sold at a fixed rate.

If this solution is considered, it should at least go for 2-3 days and have it announced on the main page of BnS website and also send email to players regarding this so that a lot of players are informed.

Not only players that missed the sale will have a chance to be on par with the person that bought the most Hand of Xanos/Ascendance Stones, this will also make a lot of money for NCSoft. Now I know a lot of players also can't afford to buy that much. For that, they should compensate everyone maybe a decent amount of HMCoins.

Anyway whatever solution you guys come up with, it better be a good one and please try not to mess up the Daily Specials anymore. Put someone in charge that has more common sense and actually plays the game when determining these Daily Specials.

29 minutes ago, Xellos said:

I totally agree with this. Last night I was doing some 6v6 and I'm pretty geared myself with Raven Stage 6 and Cosmic Soul plus being HM16 and decent PVP soulshield..... but all that doesn't matter against someone that took advantage of the fixed price sale of ascendance stones who are wearing full new legendary PVP soulshields with Ascendant Stage 6 weapons.

It will be hard to find a solution that would please everyone with this mess up NCSoft did with the Daily Specials. Most people that bought the Hand of Xanos and Ascendance Stones have already upgraded their weapons and bought the soulshields. You can't just take that away from them. On the other hand, its also unfair for people that wasn't able to take advantage of the sale to be left hanging. Seriously NCSoft... listen to your player base and stop being too greedy. This is how MMORPGs dies. A lot of people have quit already and I find myself thinking about that now too. Once more people quit, no matter how many free stuff you give, it won't matter. I know myself won't be coming back once I quit. I don't care if you even give me 10k NCOINS. I spent thousands on this game.. 10k NCOINS is nothing to me.

Anyway here's a solution I would like to suggest that I think would be fair to most people if not everyone:

Try to do another Daily Special with the Hand of Xanos and Ascendance Stones. The maximum amount you can buy will be based on the number of Hand of Xanos or Ascendance Stones on the player that bought the most of it. So let's say PlayerA bought a max of 300 Hand of Xanos and he 's the one in the entire server that bought the most, then do a sale on that using the amount 300 the max you can buy. This way everyone has the opportunity to get as much or close to how many PlayerA bought. Same should go for Ascendance Stones. If PlayerB bought 200 Ascedance Stones, do a Daily Sale for it using 200 as the max amount you can buy. Since these items were bought at a fixed price by the people that took advantage of the sale, it should also be sold at a fixed rate.

If this solution is considered, it should at least go for 2-3 days and have it announced on the main page of BnS website and also send email to players regarding this so that a lot of players are informed.

Not only players that missed the sale will have a chance to be on par with the person that bought the most Hand of Xanos/Ascendance Stones, this will also make a lot of money for NCSoft. Now I know a lot of players also can't afford to buy that much. For that, they should compensate everyone maybe a decent amount of HMCoins.

Anyway whatever solution you guys come up with, it better be a good one and please try not to mess up the Daily Specials anymore. Put someone in charge that has more common sense and actually plays the game when determining these Daily Specials.

I would also like to add, the player that bought the most Hand of Xanos or Ascendance Stones shouldn't be allowed to buy anymore if this solution is implemented. And for those that bought a little less, lets say a person that took advantage of the sale only bought 200 Hand of Xanos, he/she should only be able to buy 100 more if 300 is the max you can buy. This of course should go the same for Ascendance Stones.

6 hours ago, Xellos said:

I would also like to add, the player that bought the most Hand of Xanos or Ascendance Stones shouldn't be allowed to buy anymore if this solution is implemented. And for those that bought a little less, lets say a person that took advantage of the sale only bought 200 Hand of Xanos, he/she should only be able to buy 100 more if 300 is the max you can buy. This of course should go the same for Ascendance Stones.

Pretty fair

Honestly the best thing to do in this situation would be to improve and work on the Today's Specials feature so that these sorts of things won't happen again in the future. Aside from that it'd be best to leave the situation as is much like they did back in April when Zakhan's Claws were sold in unlimited quantity. Players then were able to acquire he Draken Ring with ease; myself being one of them. As I recall there wasn't much backlash from it then either.

While I'm not a fan of it, the other option would be to roll back each character/account that took advantage of the sale. Which would take considerable time and effort and going through each account individually. Some people may have bought 200 of them with nothing but NCoin. Others however may not. Like myself it was a combination of NCoins, HMCoins, and selling gold in the currency exchange for more HMCoins. As well as a few Hands of Xanos I had acquired through running the dungeon.

Then there's the items and materials used to upgrade the bracelet. Personally I had gold spent on legendary jewels, as well as some acquired through the Late Winter Trove. I even had a true boss jewel I salvaged for more legendary jewels. As well as the bracelets needed to go from Draken Bracelet all the way to Stage 10 Dragon/Tiger Bracelet. Unless each person has all of their money returned/refunded and items restored before the Hands of Xanos even went on sale, the backlash from doing a half-baked job would be worse than doing nothing at all.

The last option that I see would be to offer some kind of compensation for those who either missed out or couldn't take advantage of the Today's Specials sale. Which no amount of compensation would make everyone happy. Unless it's something ridiculous like giving everyone a Bracelet. Speaking from experience; people would be less upset with any kind of compensation (like a couple Brilliant Venture Tokens), rather than if nothing was done at all.

Or we could negate all that and do what we did when Zakhan's Claws went on sale in unlimited quantity.

"not our intention"

What a great convincing description!

The unlimited purchasing amount does not only appear on Saturday though.

Does anyone still remember those Blackstone Fragments, Forging Orbs, Smelting Orbs and Ivory Beluga Orbs from the week days' daily specials?

Ascendance Stones and Hand of Xanos are not the only problems you guys got.

15 minutes ago, Xanoszzz said:

"not our intention"

What a great convincing description!

The unlimited purchasing amount does not only appear on Saturday though.

Does anyone still remember those Blackstone Fragments, Forging Orbs, Smelting Orbs and Ivory Beluga Orbs from the week days' daily specials?

Ascendance Stones and Hand of Xanos are not the only problems you guys got.

+1 to this. They decided to put on deaf ears when players complained about blackstones etc and now they say it was "unintentional". What I think is they're panic now because of massive player quits. To speak frankly I saw a lot of BnS accounts for sale at those websites recently. Even up to HM16 with 1.1k+ ap. So NC are you panic now coz even whales quitting?? :D

6 hours ago, iVee said:

Honestly the best thing to do in this situation would be to improve and work on the Today's Specials feature so that these sorts of things won't happen again in the future. Aside from that it'd be best to leave the situation as is much like they did back in April when Zakhan's Claws were sold in unlimited quantity. Players then were able to acquire he Draken Ring with ease; myself being one of them. As I recall there wasn't much backlash from it then either.

While I'm not a fan of it, the other option would be to roll back each character/account that took advantage of the sale. Which would take considerable time and effort and going through each account individually. Some people may have bought 200 of them with nothing but NCoin. Others however may not. Like myself it was a combination of NCoins, HMCoins, and selling gold in the currency exchange for more HMCoins. As well as a few Hands of Xanos I had acquired through running the dungeon.

Then there's the items and materials used to upgrade the bracelet. Personally I had gold spent on legendary jewels, as well as some acquired through the Late Winter Trove. I even had a true boss jewel I salvaged for more legendary jewels. As well as the bracelets needed to go from Draken Bracelet all the way to Stage 10 Dragon/Tiger Bracelet. Unless each person has all of their money returned/refunded and items restored before the Hands of Xanos even went on sale, the backlash from doing a half-baked job would be worse than doing nothing at all.

The last option that I see would be to offer some kind of compensation for those who either missed out or couldn't take advantage of the Today's Specials sale. Which no amount of compensation would make everyone happy. Unless it's something ridiculous like giving everyone a Bracelet. Speaking from experience; people would be less upset with any kind of compensation (like a couple Brilliant Venture Tokens), rather than if nothing was done at all.

Or we could negate all that and do what we did when Zakhan's Claws went on sale in unlimited quantity.

Draken Ring is not as game breaking compared to legendary bracelet that can boost your DPS by  A LOT specially if you are a Soul Fighter. If you PVP 6v6, Fighting someone with the new legendary PVP soulshields that uses Asendance Stones that also have an Ascendant weapon Stage 6 is suicide... more so if they are Destroyers.. they are almost immortal. 

Wow these mess ups are ridiculous! This obviously requires a rollback on the items purchased over the intended limit EVEN if it requires giving Paypal/credit card refunds. The only other option would be to make it p2w for everyone by allowing another unlimited purchase time.

1 hour ago, Xellos said:

Draken Ring is not as game breaking compared to legendary bracelet that can boost your DPS by  A LOT specially if you are a Soul Fighter. If you PVP 6v6, Fighting someone with the new legendary PVP soulshields that uses Asendance Stones that also have an Ascendant weapon Stage 6 is suicide... more so if they are Destroyers.. they are almost immortal. 

You don't even need to mention soul fighter, my sin feels like a total different character when I got my bracelet. Her sluggish RMB is so fast that I can't even count how many stabs she can do in 1 right mouse click when the effect activated. My dps got at least doubled and I'm only sitting at stage 4 bracelet.

One simple solution would be to reduce the amounts of Ascendant Stone and Hand of Xanos required for their respective items.

1) It would help level the field more quickly,

2) you do not take away anything from those who bought from F10 massively and

3) everyone who did not buy will feel better about it because now they get their items for cheaper instead.

you're not suppose to pay for your gear, you suppose to obtain it. putting the quest items for limit of 3 as special is nice, but unlimited is abit unfair for people that grinded their bracelet before hands were implemented.

to make it fair to everyone..  you guys will even out the paying fields by giving everyone with a level 50 character a shiny new tiger bracelet. It wont cost NC a single dollar to do this and it might just save their company from a mass exodus.

53 minutes ago, Fieryfly said:

to make it fair to everyone..  you guys will even out the paying fields by giving everyone with a level 50 character a shiny new tiger bracelet. It wont cost NC a single dollar to do this and it might just save their company from a mass exodus.

You're on the right track, but giving everyone a Tiger Bracelet is a bit unfair. Instead of a refined bracelet, give everyone with a level 50 character a Locked Draken Bracelet Chest. Excluding those who already bought hundreds of Hand of Xanos during the weekend. People will still have to buy a Brilliant Silverfrost Key to open the chest, and required to farm floors 16 - 20 for their Unrefined Tiger or Dragon Bracelet. This solution will encorauge people to purchase NCoin for the key. Not only that, but those who can't clear floors 16 - 20 may want to spend NCoin to get better gear so they can farm for their Unrefined Bracelet. Like Fieryfly said, it won't cost NCSoft a dime, and it will get more people to buy NCoin as a result. Also, those who quit because of the events that occurred during the weekend may come back. 

13 minutes ago, Dreadomir said:

You're on the right track, but giving everyone a Tiger Bracelet is a bit unfair. Instead of a refined bracelet, give everyone with a level 50 character a Locked Draken Bracelet Chest. Excluding those who already bought hundreds of Hand of Xanos during the weekend. People will still have to buy a Brilliant Silverfrost Key to open the chest, and required to farm floors 16 - 20 for their Unrefined Tiger or Dragon Bracelet. This solution will encorauge people to purchase NCoin for the key. Not only that, but those who can't clear floors 16 - 20 may want to spend NCoin to get better gear so they can farm for their Unrefined Bracelet. Like Fieryfly said, it won't cost NCSoft a dime, and it will get more people to buy NCoin as a result. Also, those who quit because of the events that occurred during the weekend may come back. 

^ This, yes this!

Let's be honest the only fair thing they can do at this point besides rolling people back which likely wont happen is just re-add the hand of xanos and ascendant stones at an unlimited purchase amount (and same price) for a full 24 hours or even a week so almost everyone who originally missed it has an equal opportunity to buy however many they want. 

4 hours ago, ptythefool said:

Let's be honest the only fair thing they can do at this point besides rolling people back which likely wont happen is just re-add the hand of xanos and ascendant stones at an unlimited purchase amount (and same price) for a full 24 hours or even a week so almost everyone who originally missed it has an equal opportunity to buy however many they want. 

Yea that's how I see it too. Just do it NCSoft... its your own mess up... own it! Let everyone have the same opportunity...  its not like you guys are going to loose any money. I just did some 6v6 earlier again and almost everyone at 1550+ ranks are using Ascendant weapon with legendary bracelets even though their other accessories and other gears and soulshields are crap.

Archived