We have to have an ssd to play the game

I am playing B&S on my laptop computer. But the game is loading so slow that i will have to leave the game soon. I had never seen such a slow game till i played this game.

I am sure about i have lost more than 5 hours with just waiting for the loading screen ever since i started to play the game.

4 minutes ago, Sinlay said:

But you know that slow loading screed are caused by your low computer parameters? I also have bad pc, and loading screens tend to load for me 15-20s.

My computer's specifications are good. And it is much longer than 20s. By the way It takes 10 minutes to start the game.

When i look up to the task manager too see what the game is doing, it first fills up the ram until it reaches 2.4GB of ram and than the pin screen comes. HDD runs at %100 while it is filling the ram.
i5-3230M Cpu

GeForce 710M 1GB

5400RPM 2.5" HDD

6GB Ram

5 hours ago, OriginOfTheDarkness said:

I am playing B&S on my laptop computer. But the game is loading so slow that i will have to leave the game soon. I had never seen such a slow game till i played this game.

I am sure about i have lost more than 5 hours with just waiting for the loading screen ever since i started to play the game.

I agree with you, this game becomes "blade and load" ever since a few patches ago, there are some options to skip some loading time (hit escape and select return to server if  you are in F8, that will skip the dungeon selection lobby if you are done with dailies and wish to return to play your daily spin or somethig) but other than that most of the time its loading time, also dungeons are designed as time sinks, a bunch of areas and boring mechanics that add nothing to the fun factor  (awakened necro and their obnoxious core mechanics, naryu laberynth and the stupid massive run you have to do with no red pulse option at all) both dungeons are in my perma skip list money is good but not that good when i have to spend 20 mins or more to complete them.

SSD doesnt help btw, i have an SSD and the wait its unbearable all the same.

10 hours ago, OriginOfTheDarkness said:

My computer's specifications are good. And it is much longer than 20s. By the way It takes 10 minutes to start the game.

When i look up to the task manager too see what the game is doing, it first fills up the ram until it reaches 2.4GB of ram and than the pin screen comes. HDD runs at %100 while it is filling the ram.
i5-3230M Cpu

GeForce 710M 1GB

5400RPM 2.5" HDD

6GB Ram

GeForce 710M? Make yourself sure that the game is actually using THIS GPU instead Intel's one. You can set it manually in Nvidia control panel.

Edit: the 1GB VRAM is kinda guilt of that starting delay

@OriginOfTheDarkness; your CPU has a feature called hyper-threading that should be disabled in bios. It was Intel's response to AMD coming out with multi-core CPU's back in the Pentium 4 days and now mostly serves Intel as a gimmick to make the average consumer believe that they have twice as many cores. It can give performance increase comparable to actually having twice as many cores in applications optimized for it (which are almost exclusively graphic design software), but for everyday tasks it causes around a 20% lost in performance due to processes being interlocked that shouldn't. I don't think i need to say that BnS ain't optimized for it. Strangely tho Aion is hyper-threading optimized....

Other than that make sure you don't have any other programs calling upon your HDD. More ram might help also cause windows will start using your HDD as ram if it starts to run out.

Archived