Forums

Your business model.

MarjoKun

Hello!

Firstly I apologize for my english.
As all we know "Pay2Win" has many meanings. Before game started you (Ncsoft) showed us your business model http://www.bladeandsoul.com/uk/news/business-model-revealed/.

It was like a, wow, great information! But the longer I play, the more I realize how great the lie it was.

"We believe in letting everyone play the game as it’s intended to be played – skill-based progression throughout all the available content. No paywalls will hold you back, and no amount of money will give you an unfair competitive advantage over other players." - maybe we haven't Attack power boosts or something like that but there is a big paywall... How can I now get all this equipment, how can I get this soul right now? With all this updates I am unable to get full gear. I know that, there is few people that spend 18hours per day farming, or people that play on market but thats not the point. Normal playing for 2-6 hours per day can't give you good gear. Now this soul which needs so many oils. 
"We don’t like pay-to-win, so what we are offering are cosmetics, convenience, and consumables – not power, not gear, not permanent stat increases." - So why on store we can find materials, rng boxes with all mats and gems, resets, trove keys??? 

I am playing from the start, all the time becouse I love this game mechanics. But every other update is getting worse. Secret nerfs on drop rates, useless support, bugs, problems, connection problems, high ping. But only one thing always works perfect. Donates, it works always perfect. 

Why you do this, why do you force people to leave this game? Why you want to kill this game? Why you can't make good game, where will play a lot of people? If at store would be only cosmetics, People would pay you more willingly. For good game we would like to buy a dress and even more, give you money for a good job.

At least can I get real answer? Not copy, paste? Is there a chance that this game will come back to life?

Sad Veteran player...

Yeach i also wana see answer from developers about this matter. I already got discouraged to play this game, i see no sense in farming gold, coz i know that i will never catch up others. Evry day i see increased prices on market, decreased drop rate from dungeons and new items on f10. Looks like, ncsoft is desperated and want earn last money on this game until close...

1 hour ago, Sinlay said:

Yeach i also wana see answer from developers about this matter. I already got discouraged to play this game, i see no sense in farming gold, coz i know that i will never catch up others. Evry day i see increased prices on market, decreased drop rate from dungeons and new items on f10. Looks like, ncsoft is desperated and want earn last money on this game until close...

How many comments like this are there ? All this cause a evolved stones are hard to farm. Well guess what ? there is a freaking EASY FIX just you got almost a 50/50 chance of getting elysian orbs from EC DT  NF NS and IF, in case you haven't noticed you can sell thoses and get use the money to buy evolved stones from F5 they are trading for about the same. As for comments about NCsoft taking out the only viable way to get evolved stones (ie blackwrym and terrors) NO ONE FARMED THEM ANYWAYS. This is just typical behavior of the community on theses forums, getting their panty's in a bunch everytime there is an update that doesn't give them a shit ton of free stuff.

As for http://www.bladeandsoul.com/uk/news/business-model-revealed/

the starter bundle that gives gems (if it's even still available) is the only thing they have done that goes against their policy since the gems are gear. everything else is cosmetics/consumables.

there are a few things that fall into a grey zone, such as the trove since you can buy keys and get extra chances at gems; but thoses could be considered to be consumables due to their use in transmutation, and also it's the trove keys that they are selling not the gems.

4 hours ago, RagingPhenix said:

there are a few things that fall into a grey zone, such as the trove since you can buy keys and get extra chances at gems; but thoses could be considered to be consumables due to their use in transmutation, and also it's the trove keys that they are selling not the gems.

lol this RagingPhoenix is a Genius he should work for NCwest he convinced me, we are buying the "keys" that allow us to paytofarm items/gems to gear up faster than everyone else it's not pay2win because since we are buying the keys and not directly the pay2win items Inside trove and euuhh uhmmm.... ok that does not make any sense *giggle*

47 minutes ago, Fieryfly said:

If customers of Blade and Soul.. were to stop buying.. everything from F10, for a week.. 2 weeks.. what do you think would happen.. something to ponder..

Nothing would happen, game will still run, employees will still receive paycheck

They already made more than enough from the players that if NO ONE

spend a penny (Won't happen :P) within the next month, they would be fine

what I hate the most is the fact that NC takes forever to fix bugs and other issues, but they have time to updated F10 every signal day.

even the tickets we summit with real problem takes 24 + hours to get an actual response.

Just look at the lag issue where having now. I understand that NC does not have actual solution to it and I'm sure they are looking into getting it fixed but official notice about the lag at very least stating that NC is aware of the situation should have been posted by the next day of first incident.

maybe F10 is preset that gets updated once a week or so and items change automatically daily bases but still makes me think that NC is mainly focused on F10 and all others issues are pushed to the side.

For all those people screaming that Blade & Soul isn't p2w & what not.

Your business model, which was put out last year: http://www.bladeandsoul.com/uk/news/business-model-revealed/

So could you please explain this to me, NCSoft?: https://prnt.sc/fsww4x

This seems like a very poorly misplaced bad joke, & I don't know whether to take the business model page as a giant hoax/joke, or what. You disappoint me heavily, NCSoft. Also sorry for the bad picture quality, I had to screenshot a screenshot due to the forums not letting me be able to upload the file directly, so I had to link it. I think NC needs to delete their Business Model page at least, in order to be honest to the player base now, in the very least, to make up for this sort of thing.

With this being said, this player who's invested 7+ months into this game, is signing off. I'm quiting Blade & Soul now, & so are a couple of my clan members, this is ridiculous & outright unfair how people are progressing so much faster then the average player by mastering the Hongmoon Mastercard. This makes me very sad, considering this was my all time favorite experience in any MMO to date, & in gaming as a whole. Not to mention how you basically lied to us as a company in that business model, I understand the servers need to be paid, Staff payments, Dev payments, etc. but this is truly just out of hand. I appreciate you as a company for staying true to the "non p2w" approach until now, but things are just getting too bad for f2p players as a whole. I won't be surprised when Black Tower acc's are in next Trove, or something else ridiculous like the Chinese servers starts to happen, so before then, I'll be packing my bags & be moving to another game.

Instead of making another thread with your displeasure, just post on here since your complaint is the exact same as this thread.

Unless for some odd reason you're the same person as the OP in the previous thread and feel the need to make another thread about this.

Just now, Zuzu said:

Instead of making another thread with your displeasure, just post on here since your complaint is the exact same as this thread.

Unless for some odd reason you're the same person as the OP in the previous thread and feel the need to make another thread about this.

No, I just figured NCSoft might get the message if more of these popped up, but who am I kidding, they don't care, its a company, & company's are here to make money, that's all. I'm just ranting to get this out of my system, regardless if it'll do any good or not.

4 minutes ago, Zuzu said:

Making multiple threads of the same complaint won't get their attention, rather it'll get your thread deleted or locked and you'll be told the same thing I'm telling you.

Like I said, I just needed to rant, but these indeed are all of my opinions, now that I've calmed myself. I'd delete the post now because you do have a point about the duplicate topic etc. but for some odd reason the Blade & Soul forums don't allow deletion of comments/posts.

Yeah I never understood why we aren't allowed to manually delete our own posts/threads, only mods have the power for that and it seems like they pop up every blue moon.

But I do understand your frustration, don't get me wrong.

Unless all you quitters play 6vs6, you can't speak of pay to win. Or how would you define "winning" in pve? This just seems like a rant against players paying for their gear. I don't pay for more then premium, so the True Ascending / Cosmic Soul will be far far away for me. So what? If people want to spent a 4-digit amount for an ingame item, which will affect me in no way (apart from 6vs6, as I said), so be it. Why should I even care and lesser my ingame experience off of it. I play rather progressive, but it seems some people just can't accept that others can have better gear as them.

Dude the game is P2W in only two places: Open World PVP, and the battlegrounds.

End of story. P2W implies that paying money gives you an unfair, paid advantage over other players that allows the paying player to beat on the free to play. Last I checked, the only other place where gear matters is PVE, where P2W is just simply impossible. 

Complaining about someone with 1000 AP in PVE is a joke. Why would you complain? That means you get to kill the boss faster. No quit complaining about someone else's AP and thank them for sticking around with you and helping carry you through the dungeon or Raid.

2 hours ago, ARC-1276 said:

Dude the game is P2W in only two places: Open World PVP, and the battlegrounds.

End of story. P2W implies that paying money gives you an unfair, paid advantage over other players that allows the paying player to beat on the free to play. Last I checked, the only other place where gear matters is PVE, where P2W is just simply impossible. 

Complaining about someone with 1000 AP in PVE is a joke. Why would you complain? That means you get to kill the boss faster. No quit complaining about someone else's AP and thank them for sticking around with you and helping carry you through the dungeon or Raid.

Pvp is dead in this game. Only non-p2w pvp content is arena which is infested by two certain classes and despite same ping being shown at in-game meter (100-120), every command have more than half sec delay there. Competition atm is going on at pve content. I see more dps contests than pvp stuff. More people engage in this means higher ap standard. Ap requirements keep increasing everyday, even if they have nerfed normal mode dungeons. No, it's not just trolls asking for 850+ EC nm right now  ... Some people are dropping below standard everyday without anything on their ends, this pretty much forces their hands as casuals / f2ps / non-rushers w/e you call it.

I mean right now how many people even started doing sanctum, let alone ironforge, without using their wallets for progression or be carried by some elit clan/group ?

I couldn't ... have 850~ ap and just yet started nf, thanks to normal mode nerf and people still ask 900+ most of the time for this dungeon. If i want to reach that requirement to have an easier time joining f8 parties or even sanctum (!), i need to go BT lul, which has even higher ap and creepy kinds of other requirements. People keep saying '' join a good clan '' ... whose conditions are even more invalid ... only way to join a clan like that is to come up with a really poetic introduction or '' suk harder '' to be more accurate.

I 've given up. Never go arena anymore, stopped farming dailies. Only going yeti, lair, masts when i feel like i have to do something. Then create new characters and delete at level 30(s). Don't know how long i can keep this up. It used to be fun before ... i was able to reach somewhere new at least once in two days. Now i'm still right where i was two months ago.

On 2017-07-07 at 2:00 AM, ombremq said:

lol this RagingPhoenix is a Genius he should work for NCwest he convinced me, we are buying the "keys" that allow us to paytofarm items/gems to gear up faster than everyone else it's not pay2win because since we are buying the keys and not directly the pay2win items Inside trove and euuhh uhmmm.... ok that does not make any sense *giggle*

you could just use alts to farm gems during events. trove is just another form of RNG box.

Archived