Sin PVP with recent changes

N3ro

I made this video because a friend asked me to. Or actually he asked me to stream and i dont really want to. Here it is. Its not really that much footage (from one day about 3h). So some good games, some well... not so good games.

I didnt give the music choice much thought, just because the 3h video clip was like 80gigs big and it was so ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ slow to cut the video into pieces... If i ever do that again i really need to change something with my recording settings. Its a pain to even do anything with a file that big. And yes 80gigs was not a typo.

And yeah i know its unlisted. Im not really looking to be a youtube channel so to say.

Some players might be able to learn something from it. Or maybe not dunno. Overall youre probably better off watching ryuki and if only because he has more footage. He is an amazing player, i sometimes watch him too and steal some skills from him. So there is that. (https://www.twitch.tv/ryukicg)

Really good stuff N3ro.  The one thing I have to work on as a Sin is my ability to play the patience game.  I am way to 'Balls to the Wall' right now and it definitely gets me in trouble.  Thank you for the vid, really enjoyed watching you work.

Happy Assassin'ing.

9 hours ago, Sicarius Sin said:

Really good stuff N3ro.  The one thing I have to work on as a Sin is my ability to play the patience game.  I am way to 'Balls to the Wall' right now and it definitely gets me in trouble.  Thank you for the vid, really enjoyed watching you work.

Happy Assassin'ing.

Accidently airwebbing that warlock like 3 times (?) also does not really imply a lot of patience though. Well... i don´t usually do that too often don´t know why i did it that often that day against pretty much only this one guy...

But cool that you like it. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Might as well post it, since i made it. I also put times in the video description now, if you're looking for specific matchups.

There is not a while lot of BD, SF and no DES-matches. SF too weak and the rest is too strong. lul

Awesome assassin video gameplay. Do you mind sharing combo tips on Assassin? Are there any animation cancel combo? I would love some combo list because right now I still a noob at pvping. I can't out damage or put any damage when they're stunt or knockdown. However, I just dps people with lighting build similar to PVE ani-cancel combo in stealth and I get my azz handle to me everytime. And lastly, what build is this? Shadow or Lighting.  I just started pvping and so far I like what I see, I really want to advance and get to gold one day. 

On 2.8.2017 at 3:17 AM, Strangera said:

Awesome assassin video gameplay. Do you mind sharing combo tips on Assassin? Are there any animation cancel combo? I would love some combo list because right now I still a noob at pvping. I can't out damage or put any damage when they're stunt or knockdown. However, I just dps people with lighting build similar to PVE ani-cancel combo in stealth and I get my azz handle to me everytime. And lastly, what build is this? Shadow or Lighting.  I just started pvping and so far I like what I see, I really want to advance and get to gold one day. 

It´s light build. Even though i mostly play it "like shadow" 1 dash with 0m range is just incredible broken and it makes ground gaming so much easier as you don´t always have to ss (so you save a cooldown and it´s not always ready) and it takes less time to get the 1 dash off, so you can actually do it and still make it in time for 1 getup and then you have stealth, so you can lmb stun them threw groundcounter or 1 getup and for some reason our heartstab also pierces groundcounters WHEN USED IN STEALTH. So you can rmb into ground counter and then use your 1 daze or kd (but i bearly ever do that).

It´s hard to 'just tell' you combos. For once there is MANY and i also mostly stopped thinking about it like that. More like i have x y z thing that i know that works and then i puzzle together a combo while playing the game. Basically, you just spam lmb+rmb on every stun/daze (use tab to get out of stealth when you lmb stun with your aircombo on cooldown) and use your lightning stride (preferably at 5 poison stacks, when they either die from it, or your poison is about to run out). Sometimes you can rmb > f, but if you use pierce it costs A LOT of chi and when you´re out of chi in stealth you can´t really do anything.

Watch the video (or ryuki as i said in my initial post) and try to understand whats happening. I can´t imagine anyone getting half decent at this game when they can´t see what their own class is doing.

But one of the easiest combos would be

lmb > 1 daze > lmb+rmb spam > tab > lmb > groundweb > 1 > 4 > lmb+rmb spam > f (close shave) > tab > lmb > tab > lmb+rmb spam > f > c stun > lmb+rmb spam > f > 2 > rmb

No tech chase required. Easy to do. But you need your web + all those specific ccs to be ready and it kills slower in comparison other combos.

Aircombo, highwire and close shave are great and all, but if you (can) combo without them and they don´t have escapes you probably should do so as all of those make you loose damage. Aircombo is fine when they die in it. And everything is fine if you don´t have other options or you just can´t do it (in witch case you should probably learn it), Or you know you don´t have to care as they just tab escaped a second ago.

This might be helpful! :)

I also should practice bombard, tbh. I don´t (really) like the skill all that much tbh, so i always did an amazing job at dodging having to learn it. But it´s good against BD, SUMM and probably also DES. So basically, exactly the three classes i struggle with by far the most.

• 1 month later...

great video

i boosted a sin about 5 hours ago, they're extremely fun. a lot harder to learn than i originally thought though (used to give sins a hard time on my main for being too easy)

just have one question: is it still viable to run the iframe penta version of lotus fury? i see everyone running stun these days, but i honestly prefer the old school style of iframe penta

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/17/2017 at 10:17 PM, Stealing said:

great video

i boosted a sin about 5 hours ago, they're extremely fun. a lot harder to learn than i originally thought though (used to give sins a hard time on my main for being too easy)

just have one question: is it still viable to run the iframe penta version of lotus fury? i see everyone running stun these days, but i honestly prefer the old school style of iframe penta

Iframe has 45 sek cd and in a lot of matchups it does not do a whole lot of anything. I play it against warlocks, bd, des and currently gunner as i dont want to accidently get pvet by their tab cause i just press random buttons in that 99:1 matchup (easiest matchup im pretty sure), but i might switch to c stun once they learn how to actually play. Still, dont see them winning against sins ever in their current state. Against summs im playing c stun (now) a lot too, because with bombard you can actually deal tons of damage and then you can go offensive when they play with range protection vail. But if they play blue pedal storm i think iframe is better. Against sin/kfm/sf c stun is MASSIVELY better. Against bms c iframe is not useless, but i think it gets slightly outclassed by the stun. Against fms iframe is nice, but c stun can get you lots of openings if youre good at timing it between inpacts. In tags i still mostly play iframes to iframe interfears and there are a lot of warlocks, i sometimes use c stun if i feel comfortable enough to do that or/and need it.

Archived