Will there be any upgrades to the server anytime soon?

DrValkyrie

400k for a regional championship is great for publicity and the skillful pvp'ers, but this money will be definitely hard to come up with from a limited community with strapped wallets.
Ironically, this game's focus was always on PVP, from its beginnings its potential in esports was always PVP but the company can't even get adequate servers to allow US players low enough ping to PVP (unless you live in redneck texas). How do you expect anyone to enjoy the game when the core part of the game is unplayable? 

EVERY EVENT IS A CASH GRAB, BUT WHERE IS THIS CASH GOING TO???
I understand that the overhead for this game is barely being met to keep it running, (at least thats what a staffer said in a post prior) but at this rate the game isn't going to ever be profitable. Hold off on developing new content and cut unnecessary overhead and get adequate equipment to support the existing community. I waited over 5 years for the NA release, and even bought a master pack to show my support for its release and I'm so disheartened over its lack of attention to community outrage such as botting and outright cash grabs. The community is what keeps and expands the game's profitability, not mindless events where cash whales get further ahead and the community is left with bitter resentment. When your community is happy, money will naturally come in to support the game they love, even it means spending 10 bucks on an outfit they'll never wear more than two times. When your community has over 100ms ping so that typing in chat is even delayed, you have something seriously wrong in priorities.

If you need 500k to upgrade the servers, tell us that and be transparent with everything, the people who have stuck with the game would never want to see it die in the foreseeable future and not have a chance to do something about it. We have a more active player base than maplestory and runescape, I doubt the incentive to better the game wouldn't resound with less than half of them. Hell, put on a sale for annual membership to support new servers, I'll personally buy three. I love this game and Hyung-Tae Kim's artwork so please make it as lag free as it is beautiful

tldr;
please get better servers and staff, delay content and event development or just tell us what and how much you need to get better servers and necessary staff. 

14 minutes ago, DrValkyrie said:

do you not understand the difference between 200ms ping and 20ms ping? have you tried to play league of legends at over 100ms compared to 10ms?

Do you even play this game?

Can you link a screenshot from pingplotter with your route?

39 minutes ago, KzE said:

Can you link a screenshot from pingplotter with your route?

apologizes, not too sure how to work out ping plotter, but this is for the main web, i assume its similar to game?
This seattle.level3 node is pretty shitty lol

45 minutes ago, DrValkyrie said:

apologizes, not too sure how to work out ping plotter, but this is for the main web, i assume its similar to game?
This seattle.level3 node is pretty shitty lol

Try with this. Or with Tsuzor used.

In almost 99.9% of the time ping problems are not related to publishers servers. If they were than all players would have same problem.not similar...but SAME . I live in southeast Europe and I never had any ping problems in any game i played. May it be WoW, Aion or BnS. And at the same time I hear pople from Germany having problems with ping while servers are located in Germany. Well...I have news for you.

Your ISP is using longer routing to the designated location (in this case BnS servers)...and NCSoft can do nothing about it. Thats why people use ping routing programs like Pingzapper, Wtfast et. They DONT change the ping...they reroute your connection to a shorter and faster way and thus making a better ping for you.

Now, you can do 2 things.

Cry endlessly to NCSOFT formus for server change , which wont do any good, OR try different ISP. Keep in mind that ISP routing is down to network aggreements and they prolly wont change it for you only.

Archived