Jump to content
Forums

So are you going to fix the Moonstone situation?


Recommended Posts

So, as I understand it, the only way to get Moonstones is by either farming SSP on the weekend, OR you can do 6v6. That is disgusting. 

Listen, I am grateful for a lot of things this game has done in terms of helping players progress, but they have either completely forgotten about one of the most integral, most important mats in the game, or they straight up just don't care.

 

I am not geared for 6v6, nor do I want to be. I do not find 6v6 PvP enjoyable and I am very aware that I am not alone in that aspect, and farming SSP outside of peak hours is just dumb. 

 

Either change the materials needed to craft Silverfrost Transformation Stones to Moonstone Crystal or make Moonstones more readily available. How the hell do you expect new players to craft their gear?

I've always been proud to say that this game almost always offers f2p options to players, but the sheer lack of Moonstones in the game is showing and their prices are increasing drastically. Please fix this. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Kosako Assano said:

Why fix something when idiots buy trove keys and rng boxes from store trying to loot them.

Basically. It's still pretty sad that they're essentially removed Moonstones from the game with no real way to farm them anymore. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, XianRen said:

I don't find doing PVE to get my legendary gear enjoyable either but I gotta do what I gotta do since I can't farm my legendaries while screwing around in 6v6.

You have the option to do 1v1/3v3 arena, though. There are people who are legit not geared to win 6v6 (like myself) and would rather not do it to begin with. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

You know that Moonstones drop from F15 still right ? If you need then just farm then ... i guess its the fastest way to get them and its easy. Just do 10 runs from the F8 or somethink dont remember now and get some tickets to start from F13 and there you go ... bundle 10 MS still drops there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Kwasiu said:

You know that Moonstones drop from F15 still right ? If you need then just farm then ... i guess its the fastest way to get them and its easy. Just do 10 runs from the F8 or somethink dont remember now and get some tickets to start from F13 and there you go ... bundle 10 MS still drops there.

It drops moon crystals only. If you want materials for upgrade, it is viable.

 

But if you want materials to craft things or to sell to generate income, then you have no other choice than:

-SSP, especially weekends

-6v6, where it is infected by either whales in high rating or whale-geared derankers in low rating, along with a bunch of afkers and lowbies.

-RNG boxes, like the Golden Lotus ones.

-Troves.

Link to post
Share on other sites

As said for over a year now, soulstones and moonstones are PvP-linked materials meant to be bought via marketplace. Which is why there is an achievement for buying the stuff even. PvE crafters buy soulstones + moonstones, and they should be expensive to buy because that's the only way for PvP players to earn money from PvP.

 

People in 6v6 complain about it being unrewarding, now that the moonstone price is finally going up again the PvEers complain. :D

 

Even though there really isn't anything to complain about if you craft for profit: If the raw material price goes up, so will the price of the finished product. Often, the profit is higher then too, so a win-win.

 

As a crafter and a 6v6er, I would not mind if moonstones went for 7g each. Cannot wait for it, actually. =:3

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Shuchin said:

As said for over a year now, soulstones and moonstones are PvP-linked materials meant to be bought via marketplace. Which is why there is an achievement for buying the stuff even. PvE crafters buy soulstones + moonstones, and they should be expensive to buy because that's the only way for PvP players to earn money from PvP.

 

People in 6v6 complain about it being unrewarding, now that the moonstone price is finally going up again the PvEers complain. :D

 

Even though there really isn't anything to complain about if you craft for profit: If the raw material price goes up, so will the price of the finished product. Often, the profit is higher then too, so a win-win.

 

As a crafter and a 6v6er, I would not mind if moonstones went for 7g each. Cannot wait for it, actually. =:3

 

 

Yeach this does not disturb full geared people and whales who enjoy battlegrounds and open pvp. But how about others, like 90% players who also want get moonstones, in order to gear up, but they are unalbe? Some materials need other alternatives to obtain, not only via marketplace.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Sinlay said:

But how about others, like 90% players who also want get moonstones, in order to gear up, but they are unalbe? Some materials need other alternatives to obtain, not only via marketplace.

May I ask you for what you are doing dailies? For what are you collecting gold? For upgrades? No. The raw gold amounts you need for upgrades are very small. You collect gold to buy materials / bid on things in dungeons. Moonstones are one of these materials if you dont want to farm them by yourself. Easy as that. If you really need tradeable moonstones then buy them or farm them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Leyren said:

Well, you mostly need crystals, which are still easy to farm... easiest thing would be making the crafting also need moonstone crystals instead of moonstones.

But if u push the moonstone crystals for everything u would destroy the market for moonstones it self as crystals u can farm almost everywhere and there would be no need for moonstones at all than 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Tsuzor said:

But if u push the moonstone crystals for everything u would destroy the market for moonstones it self as crystals u can farm almost everywhere and there would be no need for moonstones at all than 

And yet you want more moonstone sources, or at least non-pvp sources, which basically will do the same.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Leyren said:

And yet you want more moonstone sources, or at least non-pvp sources, which basically will do the same.

Well i kinda didnt say i want em to be everywhere im totally fine with how they are now that u have to work for em a bit to get em even tho i started to do 6v6 not long ago and im not that op geared too 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Vizzions said:

You have the option to do 1v1/3v3 arena, though. There are people who are legit not geared to win 6v6 (like myself) and would rather not do it to begin with. 

I can't get gear in 1v1 and 3v3 either.  While I am reasonably good in arena, I don't play an MMO to not be able to tweak my character's.  To me, the fun of mmos is in tweaking a character to my tastes.  If I wanted to play a fighting game where I just grab a character and fight I'd play Dead or  Alive, which has the added benefit of being way more balanced.

 

You can't get moonstones without pvping.  I can't get any of my gear without pveing.  The difference is rather drastic.  It gets pretty old watching pve players cry about a smattering of pvp, while pvp players deal with massive queue times in 3v3 and 6v6 and cannot progress AT ALL while doing what they enjoy the most.  You can buy moonstones, I can't buy transcendence engines or BT accessories, or...any gear at all really.  While this would be fine if I was a player that never ever left arena, I am not and I am sure I am not alone in that.

Edited by XianRen
Link to post
Share on other sites

Opened this thread thinking it was going to be more cry baby stuff.  However, what he is saying makes sense and i have thought the same thing but for elysium crystals and orbs.  I do 6v6 with no issues so moon stones are ready to be had if i need them.  What he is saying makes sense though, should be that crystals of all types are used to make stuff no mater what is being made or upgraded while the stones or crystals are there for people to sell or trade.  Having it that way would make all groups smile and not be an advantage for anyone in any great amount.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just curious, why do you all need to farm moonstones (tradable version)? As far as I know, you only need them for crafting: PSTS and STS. If you can't craft STS due to lack of moonstones, then buy them in special daily HM store when they are available. For PSTS, I remember it only costs around 5-10 moonstones per try. Do I miss anything?

 

To upgrades gears, you only need (non-tradable version) of them, which can be obtained in many places. 

 

If you think you can sell moonstones for like 3g/pieces as of right now after they add more places to drop them, you are in wrong direction. It will just push down the price to like 70 silver to 1 g like before (before they removed them from SSP).

 

Also, in the future patch, there will be a new OpenWorld map (forgot the name) similar to SSP where you can farm the moonstones non-stop. (unless NCsoft decides to change the loot in there again).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not gonna lie, I STILL don't understand why all the moonstones and things needing moonstones weren't converted to moonstone crystals. Same goes for soulstones. Like I remembering converting 500 soulstones than realizing after that oops you can't craft with them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, XO said:

Not gonna lie, I STILL don't understand why all the moonstones and things needing moonstones weren't converted to moonstone crystals. Same goes for soulstones. Like I remembering converting 500 soulstones than realizing after that oops you can't craft with them.

You could always send ticket to ask GM to revert the conversion for you only if you haven't used/spent them yet. I know some people did the conversion by mistakes right after that patch (the patch note was confusing anyways) and GM did revert the conversion for them. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, FrozenB said:

You could always send ticket to ask GM to revert the conversion for you only if you haven't used/spent them yet. I know some people did the conversion by mistakes right after that patch (the patch note was confusing anyways) and GM did revert the conversion for them. 

Oh they are long gone but thank you =] It's just very confusing what still needs them and what doesn't.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...