New & confused about Premium

Bibiri

Hello, I have very reluctantly bought premium with coins to test how it is beneficial before subscribing.

However, all the promised rewards are excluded? I am fairly disappointed or am I missing something?

Nothing changed, nor did I get what it said I would. I assume then, buying premium with coins only boosts XP?

How is that even worth it? Because it's even more expensive then, than cashing out with paypal?

I am completely lost in this one. And the website doesn't provide as much information for new starters who joins without friends/solo.

What you receive depends largely on what is your premium level. If you haven't spent any Ncoins/HMcoins, you start at level 1 premium. The more you spend the more your level increases, maximum being level 10. Most things it provides are kinda meh in general. combat exp boost, quest exp boost, certain farmable currencies are also boosted, you have a minor teleport cooldown reduction and a couple more things, one being the wardrobe being available as a costume storage, the other being above level 8(or was it 9?) premium level, you get to use the vault(warehouse) directly from your inventory.

Other than that there's that running animation effect and that's about it. Nothing too spectacular. In my personal opinion totally not worth the money as the only useful things in there are the chi recovery and the vault button, possibly the wardrobe storage if you're a costume hoarder.

[edit]Oh one more thing. The higher your premium level, the higher the currency/exp boosts get.

You can check the benefits you get from each lvl of premium membership in game (could post some pics later if needed). 

The main problem is that to get to a lvl when it would worth having premium (we're talking about speding around $1,000 in their cash shop)... you probably wont use most of it's benefits.

I see! I thought like most other places, you get some gifts with it, as a premium member, it's not the case. I can tell there are benefits, but ever so slightly that it makes sense now. If this was the prime premium, I'd doubt premium members would walk around. Given it to base on how much purchase, kind of makes me also wonder.... because does it only count for real cash purchases? If so, heavily cash game. Otherwise, I actually already had my wardrobe unlocked before I had my premium. Had everything stored in and whatnot. This happened after I leveled up to lvl 18? I purchased an outfit before I had premium, and it gave me a wardrobe. If nobody knew, now you know? Although it's foggy. I suppose if I had no wardrobe I'd see benefit, but I already had them! I will check into the premium points more as time pass. So far I am a bit lonely in the game. The Clans are dead, the players aren't interactive and I am confusingly doing quests all day. I haven't gone into a dungeon/raid yet because I don't think I am ready for it But it seems inconvenient for me. That said though, I play NA server whilst living in Europe. I enjoy it. So I look forward. Thank you guys for answering so far, please update if you know more. ; ; oh, and link perhaps to the leveling benefits?

You can get premium lvl by spending HMcoins that are earned in game.... but it's so rare to actualy earn those by playing (been here for a bit more than an year and got $20 worth of HMcoins), that it's hard to count them like that.

You CAN, thou, trade gold for HMcoins, but the market for it have prices so low that you'd spend weeks to get a single purchase from the store.

(daily dungeons get you 1-5g each, corrency exchange is 1:3 gold:HMcoins atm, which means 500-100 dungeons to get 1500HMcoins-10%fee from exchange for a costume)

Premium lvls: http://www.bladeandsoul.com/uk/news/premium-membership/
Sorry, I'm on my notebook, I don't have the game here, but from google: 

And here another topic with this discution: 

2 hours ago, Bibiri said:

I thought like most other places, you get some gifts with it, as a premium member, it's not the case.

Welcome to NC Soft's awesome premium model.

Just one thing I'm wondering about. Why play on NA when you're in europe. 

Since you just started I'd recommend switching to EU since the connection is pretty bad already for whatever reasons. 

You want a ping in this game as low as possible.

Take care and have fun leveling :)

On 7/1/2017 at 6:46 PM, VenomGrip said:

Welcome to NC Soft's awesome premium model.

Just one thing I'm wondering about. Why play on NA when you're in europe. 

Since you just started I'd recommend switching to EU since the connection is pretty bad already for whatever reasons. 

You want a ping in this game as low as possible.

Take care and have fun leveling :)

I have a character in EU server, and it's nice. But I notice no difference between the two when it comes to lag. Ping, I haven't checked yet (Let me know how to check it if you can). I come from a different MMO which I also play in NA server, and this is main reason: My friend MAY join me as well in BnS, if he can run it. He is from USA, so if he'd play EU, it'd be disaster! I on other hand, can handle it and am satisfied with being able to play already! So I am not thinking much about the lag. That said, so far it's very stable. I may notice the lag and whatnot as I further into the game and start dungeons. In the other MMO, the ping being high is not that bad either. I actually found ways to take advantage out of high ping. When it comes so far to BnS, I have been enjoying it. I do not like in EU the multi-language chats and the cliques depending on countries/language speaking, and it quickly makes people separated from groups. I've always enjoyed mingling with the Americans! (Maybe i am American deep down >:D ) I love the NA server! Hehe, I also got recently a new laptop. My laptop is great ! (not the best) but great! It's usually my WiFi that's the issue, however, as said, so far so good! On that note also; if my friends were to join me in BnS, they'd go to NA server. Sadly, I never met an American willing to go to EU to play with EU friends, even for alts, and vice-verse. I do know many europeans doing what I do.

On last note; when I entered EU server, and started off there, it was okay. But as I progressively read the forums, it looked like the  EU server is terrible in ping even for European. That got me changing into 'wouldn't matter anyway until one day they'd fix', type of thing. In other words; it's just an excuse!! ( *´艸`) I love playing with Americans, haha!

So far not met people, or made friends... still soloing and not done dungeons yet... so if anyone willing to guide, I'd love to <3

On 7/1/2017 at 4:39 PM, Arken said:

You can get premium lvl by spending HMcoins that are earned in game.... but it's so rare to actualy earn those by playing (been here for a bit more than an year and got $20 worth of HMcoins), that it's hard to count them like that.

You CAN, thou, trade gold for HMcoins, but the market for it have prices so low that you'd spend weeks to get a single purchase from the store.

(daily dungeons get you 1-5g each, corrency exchange is 1:3 gold:HMcoins atm, which means 500-100 dungeons to get 1500HMcoins-10%fee from exchange for a costume)

Premium lvls: http://www.bladeandsoul.com/uk/news/premium-membership/
Sorry, I'm on my notebook, I don't have the game here, but from google: 

And here another topic with this discution: 

Thank you for the big explanation !! I will check this for sure. Thank you !

On 7/1/2017 at 8:38 AM, Sa1loR JaRRy said:

You also discounts in upgrades with premium. If you like the game and plan on playing it for awhile (several months) and can afford it, might as well. The benefits aren't huge or neccessary, but they are nice.

I highly disagree. Upgrading at later stages saves you like at least 30g on the enhancing charge which isn't even including the mat reduction. I once tried to change my weapon's appearance when I had no premium and fell over laughing at the charge for non-premium members. Idk how people don't want the extra gold in dailies, this might be why some people struggle with paying for things that a lot of players who aren't even whales consider spare change. Keys for legendary shield is a nice reduction in moonstones, hell anything in the dragon express is a nice reduction. Peaches are easier to farm, especially if you're frugal and don't want to buy the expensive forging orbs/xanos disc. The list goes on....

All these benefits seems to get washed over because wah wardrobe isn't free lol.

13 hours ago, XO said:

I highly disagree. Upgrading at later stages saves you like at least 30g on the enhancing charge which isn't even including the mat reduction. I once tried to change my weapon's appearance when I had no premium and fell over laughing at the charge for non-premium members. Idk how people don't want the extra gold in dailies, this might be why some people struggle with paying for things that a lot of players who aren't even whales consider spare change. Keys for legendary shield is a nice reduction in moonstones, hell anything in the dragon express is a nice reduction. Peaches are easier to farm, especially if you're frugal and don't want to buy the expensive forging orbs/xanos disc. The list goes on....

All these benefits seems to get washed over because wah wardrobe isn't free lol.

Haha, I also watched youtube videos about whether premium is worth it or not, and even if for me as a brand new starter at now level 27, it does not seem to make much difference, I know based on what I heard it makes a HUGE difference otherwise, and especially at later part of game. I have so many materials and collectible items, yet unsure what these are. I keep everything so far, and see what to do. Wardrobe not being free should've been known to all MMO, the MMO need to make money somehow! And I do not disagree. Heck, this is only my second MMO I ever play and from the first, I learn wardrobes are important to expand. I have to say though... from the other MMO to this, the wardrobe despite little to no knowledge was most easiest to expand and collect. I have so far not once struggled with it, and am okay with it. I also expanded the spare wardrobe! I am very content with BnS, except I am still lost! Heheh.

@BibiriIn case you haven't noticed, expanding inventory/vault/aux costs $$$. So when wardrobe costs money as well, we are starting to have a biiiiit of a problem, considering how many costumes there are in the game. I would say it's reasonable for this to be a one time investment. Making it monthly investment is anti consumer practice.

6 minutes ago, MassiveEgo said:

@BibiriIn case you haven't noticed, expanding inventory/vault/aux costs $$$. So when wardrobe costs money as well, we are starting to have a biiiiit of a problem, considering how many costumes there are in the game. I would say it's reasonable for this to be a one time investment. Making it monthly investment is anti consumer practice.

You can expand your inventory with gold, you don't have to buy it with real $$. You can also technically buy a sub off someone with gold. But a monthly investment is not an anti-consumer practice...most games used to only be playable if you bought a sub, and now most games provide a sub with extra benefits which really there is nothing wrong with that lol.

14 minutes ago, MassiveEgo said:

I see whereyou are coming from, however so far I had not struggled into managing and maintaining inventory space. I admit it is difficult to achieve the necessities to expand, but for starters as myself, I have not yet paniced yet. Are there quests that give out the necessities? Or is it fully $?

28 minutes ago, Bibiri said:

I see whereyou are coming from, however so far I had not struggled into managing and maintaining inventory space. I admit it is difficult to achieve the necessities to expand, but for starters as myself, I have not yet paniced yet. Are there quests that give out the necessities? Or is it fully $?

Wait until you hit the end game. [edit] You get some dragon pouches from the quizzes that pop up from time to time. Other than that, they all come through $$$ in one way or another. You can buy them through currency that you can obtain ingame. It's called Hongmoon Coins. It's basically the more restricted twin of the ncoin. You can't use it for special promotions and limited time bundles, but you can obtain certain commodities with it. Bear in mind that it's extremely expensive currency. Average gold income for a decent level 50 character is about 45 gold/4-5 hours and it limited by the daily dungeon quest limit (you can do only 40 of these pests). I haven't checked in a week, but if the currency exchange ratios are the same, in order to get HM coins in viable time, you have to sell your gold in a ratio of 1g:4,3ncoins. So for a day of playing, you'll get something like 220 (rounded number), HM coins. One dragon trade pouch is 39 of these coins (there is a minor discount if you buy the x23 bundle) and you need TONS of these things in order to unlock everything. Now the prices vary depending on which inventory we are talking about. Personal inventory is extremely expensive to unlock. Talking some 140 pouches for the entire thing (personal inventory /i/). Others are less expensive, but the entire thing banks on over 200 pouches. So that's 200x40 -200 = 7800 hm coins (and I'm not working with 100% accuracy. You can check the  amount of bags you need to unlock the entire place in the net somewhere). 7800/4.3 = ~1900 gold. Enjoy that grind for the inventory alone. So in a context of this, the wardrobe being premium implementation literally strongarms people into getting it unless they like 2-3 outfits max xD

@XOI know that I can and I know exactly how much more it costs to expand through gold. Also I didn't say that the entire premium is anti consumer. The wardrobe in particular however, is.

1 hour ago, Bibiri said:

No, you rarely will get Dragon Pouch(item needed to expand it) from Daily Dash, or you can buy from F10 Today's Special itens when they're put at a lower price, limited to 10 itens, then wait til Today's Special put it again to sell, this is how i expand it on my alt atm.

With my main i did expand inventory + vault during Lv45 patch, also have premium 10 since then... Premium is worth only when it reaches Lv9 rank, benefits are really good, specially for the vault option that u can use from anywhere, even inside a dungeon while in cross server.

Also the Exp Boost is pretty good, if you do all dailies + 24man daily aswell for exp. Also if you like to arena/battleground pvp you get extra currency that can be used to purchase chests that gives you soulstone + moonstone(somewhat hard to farm the moonstone), also you get extra 30%(Lv10 rank only) peach from Celestial Basim that can be used to purchase core upgrade materials such as Forging Orbs, Xanos Disc...

Daily Challenge is avalible when you hit 50lvl (a set of 6 quests related to dungeons, raids and pvp arena/battleground that upon completing grant you extra loot)

Daily quest you've finished can be checked in your "Quest Journal" > "Completed Daily Quests" (dunno the default key, but must be "J"), as well as how long for the reset.

The ones you haven't done today (or ever) could be seen in your map, I suppouse. They are pretty obvious while lvling, and stop being as visible as you get closer to cap lvl (specialy if you start skiping side quests, which is natural).

I would suggest you should not buy the premium yet until you stock up all the stuffs to exchange for items in dragon express (premium tab). You will save a lot of time farming the stuffs in game.

By the time you stock up the items for the exchange, you should have at least level 4 and 5 premium when you occasionally buy items in HM store either with NCoins or HM coins. Then, you can try out by buying 1 month premium. If you feel the premium worth and helps you process in the game, then you can keep buying. If not, just play the game without premium.

Also, for the people who said premium doesn't worth it, they are usually premium subscriber anyways (long term 1 year premium subscriber). They are saying it just to get the company attention to gain more benefits in the future. Personally, I didn't purchase premium since I started this game. Until recently, I used the 1-week premium obtained from subscribing the newsletter recently. I could really feel the differences. The followings are the major break-down from my experience.

With Premium (at level 7):

- earn more golds from daily quests in all the heroic dungeons (with premium: around 80-90golds, without premium: 40-50 golds.)

- you earn more when you are lucky even to obtain the venture token in the game (the purple one gives the largest differences: with premium: close to 850-950 HM coins. without premium: only around 350-450 HM coins. Same ratio for green and blue one.)

- You earn 10-40 coppers by killing monsters. (without premium, you get nothing)

- You earn more experience, zean bean, battlegrounds points, and peaches depending on your premium level.

- unlimited amount of selling items per day in the market. (without premium, you are limited of selling only 10 items per day)

- Have access to wardrobe. More spaces for your vault and inventory by getting rid of the costumes.

- cool animation around you when you walk/run (I don't care about this much)

- can use dragon express to sell the trashes/garbage in your inventory during dungeon run. Save quite a lot of time because you can do this while waiting for your teammates in dungeon.

-Upgrade cost reduction by 20-25%. (This is a lot when you are upgrading end game gears because they usually costs around 150 golds per upgrade. With premium, you save about 30-40 golds per upgrade.)

I think that's about it for the major advantages from premium. So, it is up to you if you want to buy premium or not. 

On 7/4/2017 at 7:21 PM, FrozenB said:

I would suggest you should not buy the premium yet until you stock up all the stuffs to exchange for items in dragon express (premium tab). You will save a lot of time farming the stuffs in game.

By the time you stock up the items for the exchange, you should have at least level 4 and 5 premium when you occasionally buy items in HM store either with NCoins or HM coins. Then, you can try out by buying 1 month premium. If you feel the premium worth and helps you process in the game, then you can keep buying. If not, just play the game without premium.

Also, for the people who said premium doesn't worth it, they are usually premium subscriber anyways (long term 1 year premium subscriber). They are saying it just to get the company attention to gain more benefits in the future. Personally, I didn't purchase premium since I started this game. Until recently, I used the 1-week premium obtained from subscribing the newsletter recently. I could really feel the differences. The followings are the major break-down from my experience.

With Premium (at level 7):

- earn more golds from daily quests in all the heroic dungeons (with premium: around 80-90golds, without premium: 40-50 golds.)

- you earn more when you are lucky even to obtain the venture token in the game (the purple one gives the largest differences: with premium: close to 850-950 HM coins. without premium: only around 350-450 HM coins. Same ratio for green and blue one.)

- You earn 10-40 coppers by killing monsters. (without premium, you get nothing)

- You earn more experience, zean bean, battlegrounds points, and peaches depending on your premium level.

- unlimited amount of selling items per day in the market. (without premium, you are limited of selling only 10 items per day)

- Have access to wardrobe. More spaces for your vault and inventory by getting rid of the costumes.

- cool animation around you when you walk/run (I don't care about this much)

- can use dragon express to sell the trashes/garbage in your inventory during dungeon run. Save quite a lot of time because you can do this while waiting for your teammates in dungeon.

-Upgrade cost reduction by 20-25%. (This is a lot when you are upgrading end game gears because they usually costs around 150 golds per upgrade. With premium, you save about 30-40 golds per upgrade.)

I think that's about it for the major advantages from premium. So, it is up to you if you want to buy premium or not. 

That's interesting, I did buy premium and do not mind it, however my marketplace selling is still limited to 10 items? How is that still limited if it is one of the premium exclusive? Also, please clarify about exchange and dragon express. As new player, this sounds confusing and foreign to me. As for the rest, I have yet to obtain anything yuo wrote, and do not know yet about farming. Everyone keep and keep telling to do yellow quest, that's it. Is it really yellow-quest only until you reach level 50? Does it mean BnS only really begins game-wise at level 50? This is strange. Everything yuo mention sounds so foreign to me. I am level 37 now, I believe, and I have yet to involve PVP/dungeons, might I add; people discouraged me to PVP as it is too difficult, and dungeons give nothing, as well as it is useless unless you turn level 50. Then the usual comment follows; just focus on yellow quest.

25 minutes ago, Bibiri said:

That's interesting, I did buy premium and do not mind it, however my marketplace selling is still limited to 10 items? How is that still limited if it is one of the premium exclusive? Also, please clarify about exchange and dragon express. As new player, this sounds confusing and foreign to me. As for the rest, I have yet to obtain anything yuo wrote, and do not know yet about farming. Everyone keep and keep telling to do yellow quest, that's it. Is it really yellow-quest only until you reach level 50? Does it mean BnS only really begins game-wise at level 50? This is strange. Everything yuo mention sounds so foreign to me. I am level 37 now, I believe, and I have yet to involve PVP/dungeons, might I add; people discouraged me to PVP as it is too difficult, and dungeons give nothing, as well as it is useless unless you turn level 50. Then the usual comment follows; just focus on yellow quest.

what level is your premium right now? I was at level 7 and I could sell 15 items at a time. Right after those 15 items I put on market were sold, I could put another 15 items for sale. Without premium, I can only put 10 items on market for sale and even after those 10 items were sold, I couldn't put anymore items on market until it is resetted (I think same time as daily reset). You can check your premium level when you go to HM store. The premium level is at the bottom of the HM store page. The higher premium level you get, the more benefits you will get. How to increase premium level? Spend your NCoins or HM coins in the HM store!

Dragon Express is the tab you can buy all the items in discount. Open inventory (i) and click on the icon (dragon express) at the bottom of the inventory. Then, click on the tab for premium, you will see all the items are being sold in discount.

Right now, just focus on your main story line (yellow) quests (and orange story line quest if it is opened). When you finish them, you should be around lv50 HM4 or 5. With the items you get from story line quests, you should be around 100-200golds and able to evolve your weapon close to legendary weapon. Then, you can start to do the heroic dungeon quests. These are the quests you will have to do pretty much every day to get your golds and materials for further gear upgrades. That's what all other people do every day anyways. Also, you will see the daily challenge quests (flashing icon above your quest list). You will need to complete 4 out of 6 quests from there to receive additional reward. It is the same for weekly challenge quests. Just explore them yourself.

Regarding PVP, since you are lv37, you haven't opened all your skills yet (at lv45 you will have all the skills). Then, you can try out PVP in arena (F8 and then choose arena). In arena, gear are all equalized, which mean players are pvp based on their skills. However, you will still have a bit disadvantage there because you haven't unlocked some of your HM skills (you will have to collect the items to unlock these skills - more powerful. You can check the description of the unlock skills on how to unlock them). For PVP, you may need to read some of the PVP video on youtube about how to PVP with your class. This can also improve your knowledge of your class as well. 

Also, you shouldn't join any battleground match because in there, gears matter. Without raven gear (end-game gear now), you will be 1 shot KO most likely. So, just focus on PVE by running dungeons and gear up yourself.

Archived