Cost For Changing Weapon Paths

This is unacceptable. Ncsoft keep releasing new paths, which are ridiculously easier/cheaper to get and upgrade compared to raven, in addition to their being stronger in long term for some classes. Now just because i'm not a new player, i have to pay more than 1k gold so i can switch to the other path. This leaves me totally in darkness, by doing the maths, if i create a new character of the same class, it is more cost/time efficient for me, in exchange for some hm levels and crap '' legendary '' accessories which are going to become useless anyways. So what mistake have i done to be punished like this ? Make the path changing cost a bit reasonable, this is just too much ...

9 hours ago, SauronTheGreat said:

Noone warned me, there were going to be a cheaper and stronger path either.

With 200 freaking forum posts.....you should not need a warning, you should know the drill and how NcSoft does things. From the first gear cost reductions, somewhere in your mind something should have clicked warning you that the future something similar will happen. 

This forum is not korea's. I didn't know i had to know korean if i don't want to get ripped off like this.

So it's my fault picking the path that everyone suggests at that time and 1.8k gold punishment is well deserved, because i have 200 post count in eu/na forum ...

I'm sorry but what are you complaining about exactly?

Are you complaining about it costing so much to go from Baleful > Seraph/ vice versa or what?

If that's what you're complaining about then I'm guessing you're a BD or BM that went Seraph or something. If you already went down a path like that then you might as well stay on it if you're past Stage 7 unless you have expendable money to switch. Complaining to NCwest about the cost of changing weapons is going to do nothing for you and the cost of switching is most likely not going to change because as you upgrade your weapon more the cost will become more for obvious reasons.

Either suck it up and continue to go the path or start a whole new weapon if it bothers you THAT much.

3 hours ago, Zuzu said:

I'm sorry but what are you complaining about exactly?

Are you complaining about it costing so much to go from Baleful > Seraph/ vice versa or what?

If that's what you're complaining about then I'm guessing you're a BD or BM that went Seraph or something. If you already went down a path like that then you might as well stay on it if you're past Stage 7 unless you have expendable money to switch. Complaining to NCwest about the cost of changing weapons is going to do nothing for you and the cost of switching is most likely not going to change because as you upgrade your weapon more the cost will become more for obvious reasons.

Either suck it up and continue to go the path or start a whole new weapon if it bothers you THAT much.

Not sure if troll or serious. But, yes. I am complaining about cost for changing weapon paths, like said in title. The process that requires twisted mirror and 1k gold at stage 10. If you want to show that you disagree, share your arguments as to why it should cost that much. Don't make funny suggestions as it's just pointless. If you think they are somehow successful at insulting in an indirect way, they are not. They just make you look like a tryhard.

1 hour ago, SauronTheGreat said:

Not sure if troll or serious. But, yes. I am complaining about cost for changing weapon paths, like said in title. The process that requires twisted mirror and 1k gold at stage 10. If you want to show that you disagree, share your arguments as to why it should cost that much. Don't make funny suggestions as it's just pointless. If you think they are somehow successful at insulting in an indirect way, they are not. They just make you look like a tryhard.

It serves as a gold sink and a system that allows you to skip remaking a whole new weapon just to go another path.

You're pretty much paying to not have to use more time to make a new weapon to go the alternate path then having to waste more time and RNG re-obtaining weapons and materials to upgrade all over again. The price increases as you upgrade your weapon due to the strength of the weapon, same as how the price and materials needed increases as you upgrade the weapon.

1k gold at Stage 10 does seem somewhat excessive due to the material/price reductions upgrading got a while back but I also see it as understandable still since you are pretty much paying to skip having to work all the way back to that stage again on a new weapon.

Hi All

I wish players would stop BLAMING NCSOFT, for there mistakes.

This Crying and complaining/ butt hurt do to players doing there own thing.

NOBODY FORCED ANYONE TO GO COMMANDO ON THERE UPGRADES.

1. It's your own faulty that you want to be the best of the best, as nobody is forcing you to be.

2. It's a game.

3. Nobody say's do 48/27 farming until you drop.

4. If you used real money to buy  ncoin, to get mat's in the hongmoon store for your up grading. Once again no forcing to do so.

So plz just stop the Crying. it's on forum and in the game.

And you know i'am f2p player. But all this crying, damn it's bad.

51 minutes ago, Zuzu said:

It serves as a gold sink and a system that allows you to skip remaking a whole new weapon just to go another path.

You're pretty much paying to not have to use more time to make a new weapon to go the alternate path then having to waste more time and RNG re-obtaining weapons and materials to upgrade all over again. The price increases as you upgrade your weapon due to the strength of the weapon, same as how the price and materials needed increases as you upgrade the weapon.

1k gold at Stage 10 does seem somewhat excessive due to the material/price reductions upgrading got a while back but I also see it as understandable still since you are pretty much paying to skip having to work all the way back to that stage again on a new weapon.

It has nothing to do with gold sink. If they wanted gold to sink, they would simply increase upgrade cost or focus on commonly used features, not charge ridiculous amount of gold from players that got caught in that rare situation. How many people would actually fall into this and cause gold sink ? Who would switch path in that state ? It isn't a valid option for both low and high stages. There are workarounds that less punishing than simply throwing away that huge amount of gold, the gold that can give you at least 5 more stages. I am getting punished in either way, for something that wasn't really on my end. I strongly believe this is just another copy-paste fiasco, which doesn't fit with our economy and gold rate. Just like how the first gem mailing fee implementation was completely unrealistic for na/eu. I am also not skipping anything, i already worked hard on that weapon, i didn't get it for free and i don't ask for a stage 11 legendary on a new character just finished story, that would be the right definition of '' skipping ''. The only thing i want is to go for riftwalk, instead of dawnforge. It has nothing to do with inflation or gold sink, as it's not a commonly used/needed feature. I will take a break from this game now, since in either way it will roll me back for huge amount of time. Would lose maybe weeks, maybe even month ... discouraging enough to stop progress.

Isnt NCsoft backing away from those lower costs for beginners though?

Cost of legendary weapons weapon was reduced in Secret of Stratus patch
Last patch actually doubled the prices of lower tiers of Galaxy upgrades though. It far more expensive and troubling to upgrade for lower lvl tiers of the weapon.

To show an example lvl 4 Galaxy requires the use of  weapon material, some mats that did not change but then TWICE as much Elysian orbs and Secret orbs (went from 10 to 20, and from 40 to 80 respectively) and 3 times as many silverfrost transformation stones.

So they actually increased the costs of upgrades rather than keep lowering it overtime.

Of course one can try and use another path which Jonathan described as cheaper, but surprisingly it requires exactly the SAME amount of materials as the upgraded introduced in Stratus patch. With one significant difference: instead of a weapon you would need 3 smelting orbs which costs 4500 battle points. Farming that amount of battle points with weapon stage 4 is both time consuming and inefficient. And for that amount of battle points you could actually earn quite a bit buying boxes... So even that path seem to be more expensive and time consuming than what we could do just 2 weeks ago....

Guess we may expect similar changes sneak upon us as inflation rages in BnS...

This feature doesnt even exist in KR. Its for our region only. The cost of it is fair. The price reduction on weapon paths was expected for a long time.  Nothing new. Just dont throw your money on something and after that you say "oh, you lowered the costs, I want my money back". Noone is going to give it to you back.

As far as I get it, you went baleful on some class that actually benefit more from Seraph's buff because baleful can make you reset your skills by hitting, which Seraph cannot. But now that riftwalk and dawnforged have been introduced, that is no longer of relevance since riftwalk (upgrade of Seraph) can reset skills by hitting just like baleful.

I understand your frustration that is it so expensive to change, but dawnforge and riftwalk has been out for over 2 months now, it's a bit late to complain about it now. You could've changed path then, or at least complained about it then, or did you not realize that the price increases with stage until now? Or did you want to upgrade with baleful and then change? In either case, it's there so you cannot go baleful until a "suffiecient stage" and then switch to Serpah's. They want you to commit to your choice, not go one path because it's easier and then switch because the other path becomes stronger later on.

• 5 months later...

This may be a bit late too but I returned to the game a few days ago and I didnt noticed the reinforcement paths option til my weapon reached lvl5 so now Im just wondering if someone can please tell me if I can switch to a cheaper path or just keep going til 10, I alreday tried to google it but I just can find an answer. Any help would be welcome. Thanks.

1 hour ago, Axellz said:

This may be a bit late too but I returned to the game a few days ago and I didnt noticed the reinforcement paths option til my weapon reached lvl5 so now Im just wondering if someone can please tell me if I can switch to a cheaper path or just keep going til 10, I alreday tried to google it but I just can find an answer. Any help would be welcome. Thanks.

You talking about Baleful/Seraph - Stage 5? Give more details, it's hard to understand.. what you talking about, either way, You can always change to cheaper path, When you upgrading weapon, I'm surprised you haven't noticed when it's infront of you when you upgrading it, But anyway, Select Void Path, And not weapon path, And use Void path till Stage 9. 

I have a baleful dagger stage 5 currently so my question is if I can switch the evolution paths.

I m really sorry but I was so into remember how to play that I totally ignored the path differences and cost. To be clear yes I m talking about the non weapon path the one that seems to be cheaper. I picked up the default path the option when you have to collect weapons. I tried switching paths using the widow showing the evolution path and the mats required to the void path as you mentioned, but every time I select my stage 5 weapon it just go back to the default option. So I m lost there, how can I make it to stay on the path I choose.

Archived