The $400K stretch goal might be too much of a stretch.

Shunaia

5 hours ago, Youmukon said:

Basically the progress bar has to be updated manually, that is why it has been stuck in the past few days unfortunately since the person in charge wasn't able to perform the update. Hopefully this should be updated again tonight. Really sorry for that.

does that progress included the swindle/fraud that ncsoft did with the "daily not so much special"?

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, brincas said:

does that progress included the swindle/fraud that ncsoft did with the "daily not so much special"?

If you read the entire thing, you'd see this note right at the bottom of the page:

"when you purchase the Heart of the Golden Lotus pack and/or the Golden Lotus Chest, a portion of the purchase price will go towards funding the prize pool up to $400,000 for the Blade & Soul Regional Championships."

https://esports.bladeandsoul.com/en/the-lotus

Whatever happened in the Today's Specials will not affect the milestone progress in anyway.

Funds need be 87,5% for next reward (350k), i think 2 days its not enough anymore. But the funds get already amazing for first time this event/champ happenning. Now we all ("helpers' in this event) need/want win more rewards too, maybe "something", maybe not...

I think they would have made more money if they'd updated the bar sooner, then people would have had more hope earlier...it was a bad move to let that slack off .Someone else really should have been updating it.

3 hours ago, Inugami said:

I think they would have made more money if they'd updated the bar sooner, then people would have had more hope earlier...it was a bad move to let that slack off .Someone else really should have been updating it.

^This. I know people will say it would've been better if people just did it sooner, but that's diversity for you. I was watching and waiting for the possibility to make the 350k goal, if not I did not want to waste 25$ on costumes I did not care for and if it was updated sooner/more often I think people like me would have been more inclined to make the purchase. Btw, I did in fact end up buying a pack today 7/17.

final day and counting down

80% currently and still 8% away to $350,000

i just hope that bns will be so kind to give us all up to milestone $350,000

even if we may not reach it, at least a gesture to accommodate recent mess-ups will be great

You people should know by now that not how thing work especially with NCwest, their aim is not about letting you having a good day, to begin with this yunma npc outfif not as good as most of the outfifs i have, so i don't really understand the hype about this outfif but it's my opinion, i think the real deal begin with outfif like soha or carnival or the guitar weapon skin.

Now i think it's too late, what this greedy company got as information? they know people want "only" yunma npc outfif so they will put in a trove, they don't even have to deal about the progress bar issue, people already trying to find them excuses, people don't even claim the guitar weapon skin, so rip carnival dress dream rip guitar weapon skin rip rewards...

My advice "ask for more to have less".

1 hour ago, SoraTokonome said:

final day and counting down

80% currently and still 8% away to $350,000

i just hope that bns will be so kind to give us all up to milestone $350,000

even if we may not reach it, at least a gesture to accommodate recent mess-ups will be great

i REALLY hope we can get at least yunma costume!! 

i reached support on this matter, they say is out of their control  .....i understand that , the only thing they say is " rest assured that our Developers will be informed by this by posting your thought on our forums" so lets hope we can get at least yunma costume .....im putting a lot of faith on NC for the last time 

2 hours ago, Dark Falz said:

Don't worry they'll reward everyone for supporting this event by placing the Yunma Fei outfit in the next trove.

best reply I've seen so far... and the most realistic one as well.

"thank you for supporting us, now pls, invest a little more money and this outfit is yours in the trove" 

best part is .. let it drop with other HIGH LEGENDARY DROPS and RARE .. so you have to SPEND MORE MONEY to get the SAME reward TWICE ! .. so you can afford taking the suit and not biting your head off for letting go a great jewel / gem / bundle .etc. lol

If they put it/them in a trove I swear I'm gonna get so mad!

Never ever got a single outfit from a trove nor an rng box, when it was basically the only stuff I wanted from them... but I learned my lesson, don't worry, I didn't buy an rng box again nor the trove slots and keys.

I had to buy the best friend outfit when they released it later thanks to that player's choice thing. If it weren't for that I'd still be hella salty.

The pool is still at 80%, guessing it has not been yet updated today.

49 minutes ago, YuriKat said:

If they put it/them in a trove I swear I'm gonna get so mad!

Never ever got a single outfit from a trove nor an rng box, when it was basically the only stuff I wanted from them... but I learned my lesson, don't worry, I didn't buy an rng box again nor the trove slots and keys.

I had to buy the best friend outfit when they released it later thanks to that player's choice thing. If it weren't for that I'd still be hella salty.

The pool is still at 80%, guessing it has not been yet updated today.

they will add i bet they will. they will claim was not intended so they can steal from us a little more.

Not auto updating the pool is good for them, how many people bought the damn thing just because "it only miss a little bit", with manual update they can manipulate the values and create even more ilusions that "only a little more, give us more cash".

1 hour ago, brincas said:

they will add i bet they will. they will claim was not intended so they can steal from us a little more.

Not auto updating the pool is good for them, how many people bought the damn thing just because "it only miss a little bit", with manual update they can manipulate the values and create even more ilusions that "only a little more, give us more cash".

With it being manually updated, we'd PROBABLY meet a $900K milestone, and they'd hold the slider back, falsely "reporting" to us that were nowhere near the $375 mark, thinking we'd spend more, as a community, if we thought we were still short. Sure, this is a bit far-fetched, but this thing COULD have been set up to be automated, to show us TRUE, real-time numbers. We don't have an incorruptible community representative in place, who can verify for us that the numbers they report are true, and beyond contest. So yeah, as long as something like this is made to be manually updated, I have little to no reason to trust these numbers at all. No company is above fraudulent practices, and no official statement they could give us on this matter can reassure us that these things aren't happening. So really, it's only up to any given individuals here, what they have faith in and what they believe in, as truth.

Kinda sucks, huh...?^^;

I can understand why it is being manually updated. Perhaps it would not have been cost effective to have a way to automatically update it.

But then, I also wouldn't be surprised if we magically reached the goal.

I absolutely hate the idea of crowdfunding. But I'm also an outfit collector and the outfits offered with this are just not worth it.

6 minutes ago, Souba said:

It makes me nervous that we didn't even reach the end goal... how will NCSoft ever recover from the bad PR this is gonna get? I Kinda wish they'd extend the event to give it more time...

If they extended the event deadline, it would just look like an excuse to bleed more money out of the community, and most people would probably see it that way. Personally, I don't care how THEY recover from the bad PR, if they do at all, but I seriously doubt it'll make any difference to their bottom line, financially. Any bad PR surrounding this event isn't big enough to make a dent into their cost of doing business, and the game will stay alive until the next best/better thing comes out to draw us and everyone else away from BNS to play some new game later. The idea is to get our money WHILE they still can. Extending the deadline of this event wouldn't hurt them, so it'd be relatively risk-free to do. However, if they truly care to keep us, the customers, for a long term relationship, it would help their interests to end this event on a positive note. Sure, getting these older/extra outfits to put on alts (unless you don't already have them and actually care about them) is a plus, but not meeting the next few milestones at all will end this event ona  negative note, unless they decide to give us those outfits at a considerably lower-than-usual price if they put them into the HM Store later.

I know a lot of people think these will end up in the next trove or two, and it MIGHT happen. In the case of set items, maybe ONE item will be in the trove and the other, like an adornment, will be buyable from the Hm Store.

In the event that they just put them all into the HM Store at some point, I think it would be in their best interests to allow us to buy them at a VERY low price. By "very low", I don't mean make them 800 NCoin like the older outfits that had to sit in the HM Store for about a year as something you could have a whole year to decide whether or not to buy and add to your collection.

I mean they should sell those outfits at the price that you'd buy one of the adornments/accessories, being around 400 NCoin, or 499 NCoin, or whatever.

To me, I feel this would actually be fair for them AND for us, and not feel like a one-sided cash grab. It would allow them to still release these items without being called con artists over this whole milestone fiasco, because they'd be reasonable with the prices, and because the prices would be that low, we'd most likely be happy, nay, grateful for it.

If they sold them at the prices they NORMALLY would charge, though, I would feel severely offended by it. Sure, some of us would still buy them because we'd want them badly enough, but we'd still feel like we just got pooped on by a company that felt like they just swindled us, unchecked, until we got the FBI involved to investigate such shady dealings.^^;

That's not a threat, by the way - just a hypothetical idea, and I'm kind of thinking out loud. lol <3

I am not sure why this would cause much negative pr. They missed the goal by a bit but not laughably far off.  It seemed like a really neat thing to get many of the story character's outfits but ended up with only outfits that were previously available. It seems to be at the worst possible place just below any new outfits.  I am still really happy to finally get spring breeze though.  

11 hours ago, jones6 said:

I am not sure why this would cause much negative pr. They missed the goal by a bit but not laughably far off.  It seemed like a really neat thing to get many of the story character's outfits but ended up with only outfits that were previously available. It seems to be at the worst possible place just below any new outfits.  I am still really happy to finally get spring breeze though.  

me to,but Im still dissapointed

Archived