Forums

The $400K stretch goal might be too much of a stretch.

I've been monitoring that stretch goal page and have noticed that progress has slowed down quite a bit between 32% and 36%. I basically check it every once in a while throughout the day and before and after I sleep. I usually check any stretch goal page like this if it's a project that interests me, like a Kickstarter-type campaign for a new video game or movie sequel that I want to see come into fruition.

In BNS' case, I've been wanting these Carnival-themed cosmetics for a long while now, and it's right at the $400K stretch goal mark. A lot of other people really want the Yunma Fei outfit and hair items, and I wouldn't mind them either. As for the items from the initial "investment", I like them. This whole campaign making me eligible for MORE rewards from that investment is a real treat, I thought. When it comes to the outfits in-between the initial investment and the next two NEW outfits, though... I feel like those old outfits being plugged into the stretch goals that are before the new ones are virtual walls for what I want. Sure, there are some people who actually want these re-released, but some of us have already acquired these the first time around. Spring Breeze is popular and a lot of people still want it, so there's that, at least.

The problem is this:

If you only allow for the initial investment of this bundle to be purchased ONCE per account, it could seriously impede progress toward the $400k goal and the mysterious prizes beyond that.

The Yunma Fei and Carnival outfit sets are currently depending on the BNS community, as a whole, to fund enough money to make it to these goals, but there are only so many people who play the game right now, with only so much money, aside from "whales", and generous people who actually buy another bundle to send to friends as "gifts". Granted, the community IS large, but is this event including enough people/accounts to make it to such goals? So far, we all get the initial outfit and adornment, and the old Yellow Bruce Lee outfit that always shows up in the marketplace for a few hundred gold but rarely ever sells, along with the light grey and pink school uniform. If the goal is still holding steady between the 32% and 36% area, where it has slowed down for a while now, I'm hoping we can somehow make it to at least $400k at some point, BEFORE this campaign's event ends.

Otherwise, I'm alternatively hoping you guys will come up with a different way for us to still be able to get those outfits and adornments, if we do not make it to the $400k stretch goal.

TLDR: $400k, as it stands, might be asking for too much money from a limited pool of people in the community who are only allowed to buy this bundle once per account. New players, however many start playing BNS during this event period, can potentially help with this campaign, but only if they want to purchase the bundle too.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

the dress is gorgeous, his char must be ugly as hell...pff

I've been monitoring that stretch goal page and have noticed that progress has slowed down quite a bit between 32% and 36%. I basically check it every once in a while throughout the day and before and

The dress being ugly may be YOUR opinion (and I know other's do not like it) but just because you don't like it doesn't mean you have this magical right to pity people who bought it just because it's

I feel like it is too, especially since they aren't allowing people who want to participate in the tournament to be apart of this which feels like they are screwing themselves and kind of everyone else lol, but worst comes to worst they just release it in the store right?x:

They are just telling you to buy more chest, no way they will change that.

Remember the bundle goes for 100% to the prize pool

whereas the chests go for 60% to their pocket and 40% to prize pool.

They gain absolutely ZERO money with the bundle so they will never listen to you (do they even listen suggestions to begin with ?).

It sure is a lot but also take into consideration that it may actually speed up once people sees that it will be possible to get certain outfits. Me being one of them.

The outfit from the box is not my thing, I don't really like Bruce Lee's outfit (I dislike yellow with a passion) and I don't need the second outfit of the milestone either.

Spring breeze is nice and would love to have it though I'm here for Yunma's, I have been wanting that outfit since the first time I saw it.

Not gonna invest if I don't get the one I want.

1 hour ago, Kyrrua said:

They gain absolutely ZERO money with the bundle so they will never listen to you (do they even listen suggestions to begin with ?).

Yes, they do. They will reduce the gem mailing prices, they will revert Black Sun, Wind God and Thunder God, they are trying to find ways to make Evolved Stones easier to get, and are asking for our suggestions, etc.

I mean, if this isn't listening to suggestions, what is ?

8 minutes ago, Moonstruck said:

Yes, they do. They will reduce the gem mailing prices, they will revert Black Sun, Wind God and Thunder God, they are trying to find ways to make Evolved Stones easier to get, and are asking for our suggestions, etc.

I mean, if this isn't listening to suggestions, what is ?

It's called reacting to complaints.

And its funny since everything you quoted has been changed especially because everyone went mad about it.

57 minutes ago, Pusskramhaj said:

Would be nice if they let you buy more than one bundle, that way f2p players would be able to buy them from people who want to spend money and reach the milestones.

Pretty sure you can gift them even though you bought the bundle because it was stated somewhere by a staff member that gifting didn't count as your one time purchase.

1 hour ago, Kyrrua said:

They are just telling you to buy more chest, no way they will change that.

Remember the bundle goes for 100% to the prize pool

whereas the chests go for 60% to their pocket and 40% to prize pool.

Do they personally gain money from the bundle? Nope! Does every bundle you buy save them from personally investing money into the esport? yup! So are they benefiting from this just maybe in not such a direct way? yup!

Edited by XO
2 minutes ago, XO said:

Pretty sure you can gift them even though you bought the bundle because it was stated somewhere by a staff member that gifting didn't count as your one time purchase.

Do they personally gain money from the bundle? Nope! Does every bundle you buy save them from personally investing money into the esport? yup! So are they benefiting from this just maybe in not such a direct way? yup!

oh Yeah I admit xD

but they have already the prize money ready, this is just a bonus for participants..

Would be antoher problem if whales paid the entire prize money from scratch.

20 minutes ago, Kyrrua said:

It's called reacting to complaints.

And its funny since everything you quoted has been changed especially because everyone went mad about it.

You realise all of our community offers "suggestions" as complaints, so how is reacting to complaints not listening to suggestions ?

I mean, we complain offering suggestions, and they listen to our complaints and try to do whatever they can to please us in a way that won't hurt the game too much, isn't this alright ?

8 minutes ago, Kyrrua said:

oh Yeah I admit xD

but they have already the prize money ready, this is just a bonus for participants..

Would be antoher problem if whales paid the entire prize money from scratch.

I don't think so... I think this is a lowkey crowdfund for it x:

39 minutes ago, XO said:

Really? I didn't know that. Do you know where it was stated?

4 minutes ago, Pusskramhaj said:

Really? I didn't know that. Do you know where it was stated?

On 6/28/2017 at 2:40 PM, Cyan said:

If you gift the bundle, the person that opens the box will be eligible for all of the rewards.

@Rusa since this was brought up in another thread s:

Edited by XO
30 minutes ago, Pusskramhaj said:

There's no gift button

Hm, well that's strange. If someone has a twitter account maybe they could as if it's intentional, or a miscommunication e.e Idk if they will see this and answer it but! @Cyan @Liinx anyways

Edited by XO

Since I see new player getting mentioned, and me being one, I'll just share my perspective on it. I wasn't even aware there was a stretch goal thing until I saw this. Seems it's linked to some PvP activity, which I have no interest in, so it's the reason I never clicked on it. But honestly, even if it wasn't, I don't care about outfits, because they only take up valuable inventory space. Maybe, like, I don't know, we could access the wardrobe, I would be much easier inclined to gift some money if it's going to help.

I bet they could make a lot more people interested in supporting this thing if owning outfits wouldn't feel like such a burden to anybody who's not paying a monthly subscription. I wouldn't even mind paying for account-wide wardrobe access, as long as it's a permanent unlock, and not linked to a subscription fee.

1 minute ago, Milennin said:

Since I see new player getting mentioned, and me being one, I'll just share my perspective on it. I wasn't even aware there was a stretch goal thing until I saw this. Seems it's linked to some PvP activity, which I have no interest in, so it's the reason I never clicked on it. But honestly, even if it wasn't, I don't care about outfits, because they only take up valuable inventory space. Maybe, like, I don't know, we could access the wardrobe, I would be much easier inclined to gift some money if it's going to help.

I bet they could make a lot more people interested in supporting this thing if owning outfits wouldn't feel like such a burden to anybody who's not paying a monthly subscription. I wouldn't even mind paying for account-wide wardrobe access, as long as it's a permanent unlock, and not linked to a subscription fee.

Yeah, this is one of those things I was getting into. Not all new players will care about this sort of thing. Even for the ones who actually DO, I don't see a huge influx of new players who'll make enough of a difference to even put a dent into the $400K stretch goal milestone.

You're not wrong, nor alone in the feelings toward the wardrobe. I hear that in other regions, it IS unlocked for everyone for free, while we still basically have to pay for that "perk".

It's kind of an age-old issue, and it sucks for everyone. I keep a premium membership going, but I'd like to NOT have to spend so much money on it if it meant I could keep my wardrobe access. The extra spin on the Daily Dash is NOT really worth it, and the other so-called perks aren't worth the price, in my opinion. I only renewed the new year's worth of premium for the wardrobe access and for a few cosmetic goodies that aren't even that great. When certain buttons you get used to using on an everyday basis become greyed-out, it's pretty annoying.

It almost feels like some jerk stranger in a white hardhat just visited your neighborhood to walk into your own backyard and disconnect or shut off something, strong-arming you into having to fork over some cash to continue having the things you're "accustomed" to having. lol

it is very simple, we just need 14,000 players to buy 2000ncoin package once

and we will hit $350,000 goal

i have been waiting for yunma fei princess dress since March of 2016

now i see that i have a chance to get it for free if we just hit $350,000 goal

i will not let this chance slip away

i will even buy yunma fei set for 4000ncoin if they release it now

why do i have to wait till 7/26 ...

hurry it up and spend money, everyone

u only have to buy 2000ncoin package once and u get all milestone outfits up to the goal we hit

which means if we hit $350,000 goal, we each get 4 sets of outfit for only 2000ncoin

Edited by SoraTokonome
1 minute ago, SoraTokonome said:

it is very simple, we just need 140,000 players to buy 2000ncoin package once

and we will hit $350,000 goal

i have been waiting for yunma fei princess dress since March of 2016

now i see that i have a chance to get it for free if we just hit $350,000 goal

i will not let this chance slip away

i will even buy yunma fei set for 4000ncoin if they release it now

why do i have to wait till 7/26 ...

hurry it up and spend money, everyone

u only have to buy 2000ncoin package once and u get all milestone outfits up to the goal we hit

which means if we hit $350,000 goal, we each get 4 sets of outfit for only 2000ncoin

It IS very simple, but not everyone will want to invest into this venture. As for the people who DO want this stuff and want to see success for this event, we just have to hope that enough of them are spending enough money on it. I want the carnival outfit. I have wanted the Yunma Fei one, ever since I saw it in the story mode a long time ago, but there are just so many possibilities with the items from the carnival-themed set. Just about every part of the set looks different on different genders and races, so a lot of work went into it. I like how the mask works with other existing and yet-to-be-released cosmetic items. hehe

How about we make a deal:

YOU fund all the rest of the stretch goal money and meet the rest of us halfway...? Sounds even more simple to me. ^_~

we just need 88% on the goal page and we hit $350,000, just another 49% to go

i have already bought 2000ncoin package and few 50chest packages

only by buying 2000ncoin package will allow player access to getting milestone outfits

i think i already spent my fare share towards the goal

on the side

imo, yunma fei princess dress will look BEST on jin blade master

NPC herself (my fav npc) is jin blade master in the first place

it is also the only reason y i play and main blade master in the first place

other race/class do not wear the outfit, it will just look weird and unfitting

Edited by SoraTokonome
Just now, hwalien said:

I think most of that 39% is from RNG box.

most ppl will wait till we hit something like 300K before buying 2000ncoin package thing.

You have a point there. -And if that is the case, which it most likely is, then our chances of hitting that milestone will either be helped OR hurt by that.

If it IS mainly from the RNG box, then only people who STILL want stuff like mats and stuff to sell for profit will still buy more, and would only be slowed down from having to wait until they can afford to buy more, like when their payday comes around or whatever. Personally, I already got what I want out of it, which is the outfit, and I bought the head adornment. Keep in mind that I mainly care about the cosmetics anyway.

If that 39% is NOT mostly from the rng box, then it would be mainly from the investors who bought the bundle that makes them eligible for the milestone rewards. In that case, the RNG box would be more heavily depended upon, unless more people invest and/or gift that bundle to other people, as well.

These are a lot of variables and nothing is certain or set in stone, but it all boils down to what is actually motivating the majority of the player base.

If MORE people want the cosmetics, and if it's their main motivation for playing this game, we'll have better chances of meeting these goals.

When I first saw stuff on BNS, my first thoughts were "Wow, this game has some cool-looking character models and customization. I want to play this game because it's pretty AND it looks like it could be fun!". I didn't see the first trailers on this game and think, "Boy, I sure hope the grinding is long and arduous, and feels like a second job, AND I want to pour hundreds of dollars into making numbers like STATS bigger than everyone else's.".

So, with that said, I am hoping more people felt the same way when they decided to try this game out, then stuck with it, and now realize that the 2K NCoins spent on this one bundle not only gives a few immediate rewards, but can potentially net us all some more neat stuff. It's like getting the rest of it for free, only... It takes the community, as a whole, to fund it - like taxes! Woohoo!  lol

Come to think of it, it really is like we're being taxed, doesn't it? -And we're all hoping for that nice tax return check once everything is done, by this event's end.^^;