The $400K stretch goal might be too much of a stretch.

Shunaia

13 hours ago, anon753159 said:

I'm secrerly hoping that at the end of this, NC says that they are so grateful for the people who supported them that they have decided to give every participant all the milestone costumes. Or at least the milestones to 400k. Wouldn't that be amazing!!

IF NC wants to earn players favor and probably gives us some faith in this game , THIS would be perfect (i really doubt it) 

3 hours ago, Liene said:

The prize pool stopped at 72% for at least 2 days now, bye bye Yunma whatsoever outfit...... 

banner_zpsir7mwxsd.jpg

Even they know already we are not getting near the goal , those are the only outfits in the banner already...

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, anon753159 said:

Depending on how much NC wants to hit their goal they could sweeten the rewards to entice more people who are still sitting on the fence to finally purchase. They could also make a statement letting everyone know that the Yunma Fei or the 400k costumes will not be offered again in the forseeable future. I mean, this may be your only opportunity to get these costumes. I really hope we don't see people bitching that they want costumes from this package in the future when they never participated in this. You had your chance, right?

I'm secrerly hoping that at the end of this, NC says that they are so grateful for the people who supported them that they have decided to give every participant all the milestone costumes. Or at least the milestones to 400k. Wouldn't that be amazing!!

That would actually renew my old positive opinions of them, for sure. If they gave us ALL of them, that'd be the BEST gosh darned gift and show of appreciation that they could bestow upon us, who are mostly angered, frustrated, and nearly fed up with all of the crazy DDOS issues that are causing all of the lag and mass DCs of recent weeks.

If they gave us ALL of them, even if we stay stuck at the current 72% mark, I'll feel a lot more loyal to the game and stay with it longer, if I wasn't already thinking about quitting it for good.

Yeah, that'd sure be swell, wouldn't it?

At least, even if it was just a publicity stunt to save face, or to "improve faction" levels with us, as the customer base, it would NOT hurt them to make such a gesture.

With all of the cumulative changes that have screwed some people over since launch, it's about time some good faith and good will was spread around.

59 minutes ago, Shunaia said:

That would actually renew my old positive opinions of them, for sure. If they gave us ALL of them, that'd be the BEST gosh darned gift and show of appreciation that they could bestow upon us, who are mostly angered, frustrated, and nearly fed up with all of the crazy DDOS issues that are causing all of the lag and mass DCs of recent weeks.

If they gave us ALL of them, even if we stay stuck at the current 72% mark, I'll feel a lot more loyal to the game and stay with it longer, if I wasn't already thinking about quitting it for good.

Yeah, that'd sure be swell, wouldn't it?

At least, even if it was just a publicity stunt to save face, or to "improve faction" levels with us, as the customer base, it would NOT hurt them to make such a gesture.

With all of the cumulative changes that have screwed some people over since launch, it's about time some good faith and good will was spread around.

After the stunt they pulled by removing bracelets and hand of xanos from players, not to mention the half assed refund for those who put gold into the currency exchange. It's not surprising to see a halt in the progress with the milestone. It's pretty clear that a large portion of the playerbase feels cheated, and robbed, and are showing how they feel by not spending/buying NCoin on their event.  I wouldn't be surprised if it stays at 72% for the remainder of the event period. Do not worry friend, I have a feeling we'll see the rest of the outfits in the next trove, and that includes the guitar weapon skin.

Lets say that this happened because of their own fault. They decided to put a 400k pool price at the same time when they screwed the game oil farming resources and gem mailing plus unlimited items in Today's Specials. It wasn't a good move... People is pissed off and a very good amount of ppl quit the game you can see it just by looking a crowded zones like Celestial Basin, Zaiwei, SSP, and Jadestone now those places are literally empty.

Now they are mailing asking for support T^T i really feel bad for them i have money to buy the $25 dollars pack but, this was all their fault...

I'm currently harboring the vague and insistent hope that the guy responsible for updating that part of the website hasn't been there for a few days, simply because I find it highly unlikely that there has been absolutely no purchases in such a long stretch of time. 

Just now, SoraTokonome said:

by now, we're not going to reach target by the deadline

great work and timing (sarcasm), NCwest

what's next on the list? plan to screw up next trove royally!?!

You should say: "Plan to screw up next trove royally!?!  AGAIN?"   xDDDD!

23 hours ago, Dreadomir said:

After the stunt they pulled by removing bracelets and hand of xanos from players, not to mention the half assed refund for those who put gold into the currency exchange. It's not surprising to see a halt in the progress with the milestone. It's pretty clear that a large portion of the playerbase feels cheated, and robbed, and are showing how they feel by not spending/buying NCoin on their event.  I wouldn't be surprised if it stays at 72% for the remainder of the event period. Do not worry friend, I have a feeling we'll see the rest of the outfits in the next trove, and that includes the guitar weapon skin.

Yeah, I'm thinking the same thing. It would be stupid and nonsensical if they showed us these items in the wardrobe, but never released them at all, even when we never made the milestone, after the event had ended. If they put the carnival set itself into a trove, they'll most likely put the outfit itself in there but make you have to BUY the mask and/or head adornment with NCoin/HMcoin from the HM Store. With the "Shadow Phoenix" set, or whatever it's called, they put the outfit into the current RNG box and the drop rate kind of sucks. I bought about 150 boxes and only got one outfit. The hair adornment, however, is buyable in the HM Store. They did that with one or two other outfit sets in the past, but I can't remember which.

That brings me to another thing that's always been on my mind: WHY in the heck have we NEVER gotten our hats/head adornments for the "Strange Allure" costume...? I got the outfit when it first came out in NA, but to this day, we still have not gotten the damned hat that's supposed to go with it. We all see it in loading screens in our NA client, but a few other outfits, to my understanding, are lacking certain parts.

Is it a mere oversight...? Is there something so terribly wrong with the item that they have never been able to fix whatever is messed up with it...?

I mean, how bad could it be, in that case, when "Yura's Hair" has bangs that CLIP through my Gon female character's forehead...?

I think I will copy and paste some of this in a separate thread to get some dev's attention. Maybe it will at least get the ball rolling on a solution...

19 hours ago, Inugami said:

I'm currently harboring the vague and insistent hope that the guy responsible for updating that part of the website hasn't been there for a few days, simply because I find it highly unlikely that there has been absolutely no purchases in such a long stretch of time. 

I was hoping the same thing too, but when the thing isn't even automated, and actually depends on someone to manually update the numbers for us, there's WAY too much room for fraud to occur, and I don't trust these guys to tell me the complete truth when I feel we're all entitled to it. yes, I said "entitled", and if it makes me sound like a privileged millennial, I hope anyone who thinks as much remembers that we're all "customers" here. This isn't a matter of national or international security, and there's no threat of "panic" that will make us all become threats to ourselves and the rest of this community's population.

We're customers, and deserve the truth. Anyone condoning the idea of a "half-truth" being anything other than a lie of commission or omission is just supporting the kind of deception and subversive activity that we all feel is going on within the handling of this video game.

-But yeah, the guy in charge of updating the milestone progress page is probably laying out of work, claiming to be sick, and is probably eating generic supermarket brand cheese puffs and bologne while chugging cans of Red Bull, as he binge watches every anime on Crunchy Roll with the "harem" tag.

This is so suspicious. Until a few days ago, the milestone went up AT LEAST one percent a day. They even made the bundle giftable now, but the milestone hasn't gone up at all. We still had a chance to reach the next mile if it went up about 2-3% a day, but we can wave it goodbye now.
Anyway I call this bullsht, no way it wouldn't go up even 1% in more than 2 days.

6 minutes ago, Riwn said:

I just gonna leave this here :3
cx9kmx7.jpg

QOvUSij.jpg

kotuVKq.jpg

lNIovsl.jpg

v2YLRHT.jpg

Vh4aMfw.jpg

*just delete this, if this not allowed.

uhmm....im not convinced about those weapons.....they looks way to off for me

3 hours ago, zerooo said:

uhmm....im not convinced about those weapons.....they looks way to off for me

Looks great on Destroyer & KFM. Imagine spamming cleave with that guitar. KFM is just perfect, imagine punching somebody with that LOL.

The answer's pretty simple. Some people mentioned NC's recent store incidents discouraging players from spending, but it goes back a lot further than that. This game's bled plenty of players for a variety of reasons over the past year, and with that a portion of paying players who would have likely joined in on this. Seeing as you're limited to 1/account purchase and there are no add-ons/more expensive purchase tiers, funding is solely depending on sales volume, except that your sales volume is only as good as your active playerbase will allow. You can't squeeze blood out of a rock.

Next is the fact that the first 3 reward tiers might not have been all that exciting. The first costume was as cheap as 40G on the market when it came out in trove. The next two were harder to find from RNG boxes and decent looking, but there were plenty of other F10 costumes just as good or better. Even though it's technically a great deal, demand is likely iffy.

I think the stretch goal is reasonable, you'd only need 16,000 players to buy the pack to meet it. That this game can't come up with 16,000 paying players to do that 1.5 years after launch is the real issue.

• NCSOFT

Basically the progress bar has to be updated manually, that is why it has been stuck in the past few days unfortunately since the person in charge wasn't able to perform the update. Hopefully this should be updated again tonight. Really sorry for that.

Finally, AN answer, after all this time. Being left in the dark these past few days had me losing hope over this, until I actually gave up. Now, I'm more like, "If we get the other milestones, fine. If we don't, I'm probably not going to participate in any future ones if they're handled like this again. As long as the people in charge of the event learns from these mistakes AND heed all the feedback, positive AND negative, the next one might do a lot better.

Honestly, this fundraiser was doomed from the start. Anyone who wanted to try and participate in the World tournament and all of its qualifying events were locked out of buying the pack, which is no dubt quite a large number of people, in particular, the big spenders of this game. Whoever thought that was a good idea is not the sharpest tool in the shed

Archived