Irontech Forge Upcoming Fixes

Liinxy

• NCSOFT

On Wednesday we released the Irontech Forge update which included a new endgame dungeon, systems updates, and new equipment including Legendary Soul Badges and Soul upgrades.  However, there were also a few issues introduced that we are planning on addressing with a patch on Wednesday July 5. Here is a summary of the issues we plan to address:

• Hongmoon Gem mailing fees will be further reduced:

Hongmoon Gem

Mailing Cost

Hongmoon Triangular Gem

30s

Hongmoon Square Gem

1g

Hongmoon Pentagonal Gem

2g

Hongmoon Hexagonal Gem

3g

Hongmoon Heptagonal Gem

4g

Hongmoon Octagonal Gem

6g

• Fixed an issue where the quest Chapter 1:  The Dreams of Jinsoyun was available.
    • Any characters that completed or advanced this quest will be placed back on the initial step of this quest during maintenance.

• Fixed an issue where mechanics for the Raven King encounter in Skybreak Spire were changed unintentionally.

• Soulstone Plains Capture phase will be reverted to 10 minutes.

• Fixed an issue where items sold by the Achievement Merchant NPC Kiyeon in Zaiwei still cost Valor Stones.

• Fixed an issue where the Black Sun, White Moon, Thunder God, and Wind God outfits were using the incorrect models for female characters.
  • Fixed an issue where chat history was not preserved when moving between the world server and cross server.

Lastly, we are aware of an ongoing discussion regarding the availability of Evolved Stones in Blade & Soul.  We are collecting your feedback and actively engaging in discussion with the development team to address this issue so we urge you to continue submitting constructive feedback and ideas so we can make the best decision possible.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Liinxy I hope nc not collecting Evolved Stones feedback in same way like Gems mail cost.
In short: Nobody want pay same amount of gold which earn from dailies.

Example: Most of people doing 20-25 dailies = 50-60g, Gem mail cost in both ways = 60g in my situation then for what I playing alt? For wasting my time?
My time too expensive for that stupid things like last changes.

9 minutes ago, Kurumi Shiro said:

@Liinxy I hope nc not collecting Evolved Stones feedback in same way like Gems mail cost.

Example: Most of people doing 20-25 dailies = 50-60g, Gem mail cost in both ways = 60g in my situation then for what I playing alt? For wasting my time?

At least you break even, with chance to earn something if a leggy drop or something, I think this is fair compromise this time. They did say that they wanted you to think it through when sending gems. If you want to play alts just to earn money, you shouldn't need to send octa gems anyway. It's not like the gems is going to make it or break it for your alt if you at least invested a little to gear it. Experience > AP.

44 minutes ago, Kurumi Shiro said:

I still don't understand why people can't realize that you need to send gems only once per day if you have 2 characters. 
1. Do dailies on main
2. Send gems to alt
3. Do dailies on alt
4. Go to sleep
Next day:
5. Do dailies on alt
6. Send gems to main
7. Do dailies on main
8. Sleep.
9. Repeat.
10. ?????
Profit!

If you have 3 or more characters you still get money from every alt so nothing changes. 

The issue is some people actually like playing alts and they're feeling penalized for it. It just feels bad. There's is literally no upside to this. The gems are already extremely hard and costly to get and a lot of us have paid into the game to get better ones. A real let down and i already know a few people who have either quit or are simply going to stop playing their alts because of this. There isn't even a way it can be exploited.

What benefit can possibly be obtained through putting a large cost on mailing gems.

5 hours ago, Liinxy said:

Lastly, we are aware of an ongoing discussion regarding the availability of Evolved Stones in Blade & Soul.  We are collecting your feedback and actively engaging in discussion with the development team to address this issue so we urge you to continue submitting constructive feedback and ideas so we can make the best decision possible.

Dear Development Team.

I'll suggest you just don't complicate yourself implementing new stuff like evolved stones through Zen Bean or something like I've been reading the suggestions on the forum just increase the chance of getting them using the remaining sources such as Grand Harvest Square, Plogs, Bay Lee and Zaiwei Ruins. Just change the value from 0.0000000000000000000000001 %  to get 1-2 like with the faction thing idk. In that way you will bring back to life those 24 World Raid again and helps starting level 50 people.

4 hours ago, Yndril said:

At least you break even, with chance to earn something if a leggy drop or something, I think this is fair compromise this time. They did say that they wanted you to think it through when sending gems. If you want to play alts just to earn money, you shouldn't need to send octa gems anyway. It's not like the gems is going to make it or break it for your alt if you at least invested a little to gear it. Experience > AP.

4 hours ago, Bellatrixie said:

I still don't understand why people can't realize that you need to send gems only once per day if you have 2 characters. 
1. Do dailies on main
2. Send gems to alt
3. Do dailies on alt
4. Go to sleep
Next day:
5. Do dailies on alt
6. Send gems to main
7. Do dailies on main
8. Sleep.
9. Repeat.
10. ?????
Profit!

If you have 3 or more characters you still get money from every alt so nothing changes. 

What is so hard to understand for you guys?

Alt is for boost your main, you play alt without any profit because you lose your whole profit by send gems then alt is useless.

No, you don't have any profit from doing dailies on alt now, sometimes you even losing gold. Simple math, it's not hurt.

So they can add Evolved stones and evolved stone bundles to daily challenge treasure chest . And yes mailing fees need to be further reduced or remain as no cost highest dungeon giving about 10 or 7 g with premium mailing 6 gems can cost up to 36g when you only make about 70g if you do every single purple dungeon weak profit and chance of getting gold from daily challenge reward is slim with a most only getting 1g .

As someone who has over 3 characters with over 1000 AP. Price is still high considering if you do all dallies you breakeven (meaning you earn very little gold to no gold  if you do all dallies). in the cost of spending 1.45-2 hours to play them. I think if it is 3g  it would be better since you can make 50% of gold off doing dallies. But in a nutshell playing on alts should gives you income not loss of income. Hence there should be no mailing cost.

Right now playing on alts means you earn close to 0g / breakeven and it depends how long you play it. I do appreciate the reduced cost though

I would highly suggest you guys to actually do all Big 3, + all event dungeons, see how long it takes and how much gold you will earn. then you will understand my point on why Gems should not cost any gold to send through alts. 

Because you actually invest time into them. and ppl with higher tier gems actually get hits hard because if they gear up their chars and do dallies they wont be earning any gold at all/ very little income aka get punished. and is restricted in alot of things and limited choice of freedom. 

Many ppl like me gear up alts in the first place because gems cost nothing to send. so you can farm gold off doing dallies in the cost of time. More ppl would gear up alts if there were no cost in mailing fees = more profit for NCSOFT

But please, for the love of god.

Please don't increase the cost of mailing gems anymore. It is already quite high right now, it is manageable. But increasing it any further would cause some massive outroar. and when the next tier gem comes (Triangle ones). Please please don't increase it more to something like 12g. that would be insane to be honest. just keep it low, theres very little reason to cost that much unless you want ppl Riot.

i have to spent like 1.45-2 hours just to farm 65g off doing big 3+ events + DC, making gold as of now is already very hard. since naksun/ moonwater tears is dead and there are no reliably way to farm gold beside doing dallies and dungeons. which takes time

since gems cost alot of money now once you sent your gems you cannot casually do stuff like Toi/ Trial Arena etc. U have to actually spent time EG 1-2 hours on alts to not lose gold instead

Fixed an issue where the Black Sun, White Moon, Thunder God, and Wind God outfits were using the incorrect models for female characters.

What the ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤????? It was a ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing bug that they didn't show the original ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing version, and FINALLY after 1+ year, we have outfit models that we were SUPPOSED to have, and you ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing want to revert them back?

41 minutes ago, Kurumi Shiro said:

Alt is for boost your main, you play alt without any profit because you lose your whole profit by send gems then alt is useless.

No, you don't have any profit from doing dailies on alt now, sometimes you even losing gold. Simple math, it's not hurt.

While there's some truth to that, to be honest you don't need to be sending gems back and forth to complete dailies. If you're good you don't need more than 800ap to finish everything except Sanctum+Irontech. I have 2 accounts with 3 characters each, so I know what I'm talking about.

Besides, if you are doing dailies on alt solely for the purpose of only boosting your main (i.e. sending all the gold) you're not enjoying the game at all, just getting frustrated over and over by things like this. The new prices announced are fine, sending gems to alts on a daily basis was broken from the start.

If you're not spending gold to upgrade your alts then you're also making your life miserable. Let me give you a tip. Stop sending money to your main, get your alts decently geared (leg neck+belt + elemental ring+earing), awakened pet and at least stg 7 weapon. Once you have them like this grinding gold is faster, dailies are faster, everything is faster, you will enjoy the game more, have more resources and won't need those gems at all, you just get gems the story gems and event ones. 

I've been playing this game since it was released on NA and quite frankly I've never needed to send gems back and forth. It even feels ridiculous and cheap. As somebody said before, experience > AP. If you have the experience you can clear anything even with 700-750ap (like we used to before the HM levels boost). And reaching that AP is plain simple just by doing story and basic upgrades. 

People should stop the QQ on the gems, new changes announced on this post should suffice. Our focus should be on progression, like the souls issue.

5 minutes ago, JCalculator said:

While there's some truth to that, to be honest you don't need to be sending gems back and forth to complete dailies. If you're good you don't need more than 800ap to finish everything except Sanctum+Irontech. I have 2 accounts with 3 characters each, so I know what I'm talking about.

Besides, if you are doing dailies on alt solely for the purpose of only boosting your main (i.e. sending all the gold) you're not enjoying the game at all, just getting frustrated over and over by things like this. The new prices announced are fine, sending gems to alts on a daily basis was broken from the start.

If you're not spending gold to upgrade your alts then you're also making your life miserable. Let me give you a tip. Stop sending money to your main, get your alts decently geared (leg neck+belt + elemental ring+earing), awakened pet and at least stg 7 weapon. Once you have them like this grinding gold is faster, dailies are faster, everything is faster, you will enjoy the game more, have more resources and won't need those gems at all, you just get gems the story gems and event ones. 

I've been playing this game since it was released on NA and quite frankly I've never needed to send gems back and forth. It even feels ridiculous and cheap. As somebody said before, experience > AP. If you have the experience you can clear anything even with 700-750ap (like we used to before the HM levels boost). And reaching that AP is plain simple just by doing story and basic upgrades. 

People should stop the QQ on the gems, new changes announced on this post should suffice. Our focus should be on progression, like the souls issue.

The idea that sending gems to alts is broken is sorta ridiculous imo. They give you an edge, but not much more with the exception of the ruby which does help some classes more than others.

The point is we spent a lot of time and money to upgrade those gems we would like the advantage we worked for. Before you give me some P2W lecture you need to work for money irl too, it's not free. I do upgrade my alt just at a much slower rate than my main cause ofc i'm going to focus on my main character (also i had a bad gem slot roll and am saving leg gem hammers to use early than wait to have 4 slot raven cause NCsoft rng). Having 3 800ap chars is pretty mediocre compared to 1000ap char that can excel at all dungeons and raids as well as be able to 6v6 (If you had 800ap in 6v6 you would not be able to solo kill my fm ever cause pets and other untradeable items). Just cause you use your alts money for your main doesn't mean you don't enjoy playing your alt. A lot of my alts equips are cause i funded it with my main. There's no reason not to pay my main back for the gold i used.

I'll throw out there that i don't actually move gems between my characters cause i'm very forgetful and often have to relog multiple times just to send crafting mats between characters. However, I'm very sympathetic to those who do cause the cost involved in obtaining them is pretty high and being able to have them is nice.

Also I'm curious how many people are aware that KR has much high gold income than NA does. These prices make way more sense there.

Hello there!

"We urge you to continue submitting constructive feedback and ideas so we can make the best decision possible."

I believe that some places wouldn't be as crowded as they are as players would have more options.
Anyways, here's my list:

1. Silverfrost Mountains

a) Skypetal Plains
- There is a boar and a bird, traveling through plains -> "Boar and Bird" have 50% chance for 1 evolved stone
Soulstone Plains
- Battle bosses have 50% chance for 1 evolved stone and chests combined from 2 badges have 100% chance for 2 evolved stones as they require 2 badges (meanwhile there's 100% chance for at least 1 soulstone plains key from the boar and 100% chance for a soulstone plains key from capturing bosses)
Grand Harvest Square
- GHS event begins earlier now to be more "time friendly" to people sleeping during its time (same thing would be nice with other stuff like battleground frenzy, especially since we have got that battleground weekly challenge now)
- GHS event appears more often
- All three bosses required to summon The Exterminator have 25% chance for 1 evolved stone (meanwhile the chance for the map piece increased)
- The Exterminator has 50% chance for 1-2 evolved stones (meanwhile the chance for the map piece increased)
Plog Sanctum
- The required amount of Plog Essences reduced from 90 to 30 or less
All three bosses required to summon Giganura have 25% chance for 1 evolved stone
- Giganura has 50% chance for 1-2 evolved stones
- Golden Giganura has 50% chance to respawn with 2-3 stones (with a chance for +1)
Beastbog
- Hot Blood has 25% chance for 1 evolved stone
- Cold Blood has 25% chance for 1 evolved stone
- Bay Lee has 50% chance for 1-2 evolved stones
- Big Bad Bettle Boss has 50% chance to respawn with an increased amount of stones from 1-4 to 2-4

b) Shiverstone Range
Frostscale Basin
- All three bosses required to summon Balrok have 25% chance for 1 evolved stone
- Balrok has 50% chance for 1-2 evolved stones
- Dark Balrok has 50% chance to respawn with 2-3 evolved stones (with a chance for +1)

c) Primeval Forest
- I believe that there's completely nothing that could bring us evolved stones (or anything) so why not add something there?

d) Zaiwei

Zaiwei ruins
- Scorpion Queen, Murkwing Lord and Pyrefist has 50% chance for 1 evolved stone
- Tarakhan has 50% chance for 1-2 evolved stones
- Visasa has 50% chance to respawn with 2-3 evolved stones (with a chance for +1)

2. Mushin's Tower
- 5% chance for 1 evolved stone on floors 16 - 19
- 25% chance for 1-2 evolved stones on floor 20th

3. Viridian Coast
Twisted Grimhorn Wilds
- Blazing Fiend and Twisted Pytheon has 50% chance for 1 evolved stone
- Kairam has 100% chance for 2-3 evolved stones (with a chance for +1)

4. Gunwon City
a) Celestial Basin
- Ujara, Syrok and Duugash has 50% chance for 1 evolved stone with an additional 50% chance for second one

b) Forgotten Forest
- Tropical Griffin has 50% chance for 1-2 evolved stones

c) Coral Shoals
- Du Tu has 50% chance for 1-2 evolved stones

5. Other
- evolved stones can be exchanged for something (in more than 1 way) but not/not only through pvp
- evolved stones can be obtained from dungeons

Also the Demon Spirit Stone should have a higher chance/more places to be obtained (I still remember times when it was appearing in a loot auction in Awakened Necropolis or Avalanche Den).

That's my list. Did I miss anything?

Kind Regards,
Walex

How about putting a droping chance of evolved stones to the mobs of celestial basin? The area has many bosses that could reward you with them.

Evolved stones could be added to pouch contents from normal purple dungeons. 

Since the Evolved stone originated in Skypetal Plains, they could be added as loot drops from the creatures in Skypetal Plains.

Added to F10 in various sized bundles. 

The Demon Stone should have a higher drop rate in Cold Storage reward chest with a possible of a critical 2-3.

On 6/30/2017 at 7:21 AM, Walex said:

Hello there!

"We urge you to continue submitting constructive feedback and ideas so we can make the best decision possible."

I believe that some places wouldn't be as crowded as they are as players would have more options.
Anyways, here's my list:

1. Silverfrost Mountains

a) Skypetal Plains
- There is a boar and a bird, traveling through plains -> "Boar and Bird" have 50% chance for 1 evolved stone
Soulstone Plains
- Battle bosses have 50% chance for 1 evolved stone and chests combined from 2 badges have 100% chance for 2 evolved stones as they require 2 badges (meanwhile there's 100% chance for at least 1 soulstone plains key from the boar and 100% chance for a soulstone plains key from capturing bosses)
Grand Harvest Square
- GHS event begins earlier now to be more "time friendly" to people sleeping during its time (same thing would be nice with other stuff like battleground frenzy, especially since we have got that battleground weekly challenge now)
- All three bosses required to summon The Exterminator have 25% chance for 1 evolved stone (meanwhile the chance for the map piece increased)
- The Exterminator has 50% chance for 1-2 evolved stones (meanwhile the chance for the map piece increased)
Plog Sanctum
All three bosses required to summon Giganura have 25% chance for 1 evolved stone
- Golden Giganura has 50% chance to respawn with 2-3 stones (with a chance for +1)
Beastbog
- Big Bad Bettle Boss has 50% chance to respawn with an increased amount of stones from 1-4 to 2-4

b) Shiverstone Range
Frostscale Basin
- All three bosses required to summon Balrok have 25% chance for 1 evolved stone
- Dark Balrok has 50% chance to respawn with 2-3 evolved stones (with a chance for +1)

c) Primeval Forest
- I believe that there's completely nothing that could bring us evolved stones (or anything) so why not add something there?

d) Zaiwei

Zaiwei ruins
- Visasa has 50% chance to respawn with 2-3 evolved stones (with a chance for +1)

2. Mushin's Tower

3. Viridian Coast
Twisted Grimhorn Wilds

4. Gunwon City
a) Celestial Basin
- Ujara, Syrok and Duugash has 50% chance for 1 evolved stone with an additional 50% chance for second one

b) Forgotten Forest

c) Coral Shoals

5. Other
- evolved stones can be exchanged for something (in more than 1 way) but not/not only through pvp

Kind Regards,
Walex

All I see are RNG (25% this 50% that)

Stop it already, we the players are tired of more and more rng for items

For once all we want is something that is non-RNG to obtain

More "way" to obtain them

For example:

Trade -> "amount" -"item name" for 1 evo stone

GHS daily = evo stone

daily challenge = evo stone

Anything along those line that does not involve or force players to pvp to obtain

example right now:

Moonstone (not orb) are only obtain by 6v6

And the RNG way to get moonstone (not orb)

is from the weekly but its R N G

I'm confused on why the outfits are being changed? You guys have fixed them by changing their appearance since this is how they look in other regions and can be acquired from dungeons or will they be added with a different name soon

7 hours ago, Kurumi Shiro said:

Damn son, with 6 octas u probably full geared, you just go ssp and farm 60g in a hour. You don't need alts. 

2 hours ago, Lemy said:

I'm confused on why the outfits are being changed? You guys have fixed them by changing their appearance since this is how they look in other

regions and can be acquired from dungeons or will they be added with a different name soon

Because they are available from the achievement merchant in Zaiwei with no RNG....

3 hours ago, Walex said:

Hello there!

Anyways, here's my list:

1. Silverfrost Mountains

a) Skypetal Plains
Soulstone Plains
Grand Harvest Square
Plog Sanctum
Beastbog

b) Shiverstone Range
Frostscale Basin

c) Primeval Forest

d) Zaiwei

Zaiwei ruins

2. Mushin's Tower

3. Viridian Coast
Twisted Grimhorn Wilds

4. Gunwon City
a) Celestial Basin

b) Forgotten Forest

c) Coral Shoals

5. Other

Also the Demon Spirit Stone should have a higher chance/more places to be obtained (I still remember times when it was appearing in a loot auction in Awakened Necropolis or Avalanche Den).

Kind Regards,
Walex

That's actually not that bad idea. And hopefully will bring back some life to those places. Why not even resurrecting some old places like Nightshade Harbor and E. Eastern Fleet, it's stupid to have a zone that is deserted, most games so far usually scrap those zones and revamp them (and that is not always that successful), why not be unique and leave the zone alive, but bring some life back to it too...

@Liinxy, can you pls check the DevTracker, since you're editing a post from 15.01.2016 with known issues, and the tracker doesn't recognize it as new information, so it doesn't appear, and I'm (and may be other ppl) using the XML to stream the news in my Discord so we get info fast. Thanks in advance.

Well I think there could be 2 options.
1. give Celestial bosses drop 1 evolved stone per boss and make longer respawn for bosses like 2h
2. give drop chance into daily treasures rewards or daily challange

P.S. I opened 88 plog sanctum treasure and i got 0 evolved stone, so chance for evolved stone is small.

Archived