Weekly challenge - 2 pvp 1 pve - gives pve rewards

Saryrn

Like wtf

Why not give two of each at least

or make it so every other week it gives pvp rewards and has pvp quests. 

Whalefest is not fun.

This could have been done in quite a few ways and they chose the weak one.

GJ!

I actually just came on here to say something similar, I just noticed the weekly challange and it's going to be completely impossible to complete if you aren't raven or get lucky to get on a team with a raven or two on it. What makes it worse is it's the triple crown which means some how impossibly winning 3 matches with the 10+ minute que time even during frenzy. 

It needs two pve options for those that can't compete with ravens. 

We DO NOT  have the other 2 weekly raids like DKV released, so once they get released, they will fill the weekly challenge quests. There are no other weekly quests in the game. So just wait till all is released.

And its not impossible to complete, I managed to complete it yesterday without much problems (I dont have raven weapon or any kind of soul)

I am not sure why people are complaining about the weekly rewards. If you are non-raven players, but with decent gears (like with legendary belt, necklace, bracelet, or ring and stage 10+ legendary weapon along with some pvp soul shields), you can possibly win 3 games in battleground quite easily, especially in beluga (you can focus on delivering the horns while letting your teammates with raven gears to pvp). It takes luck and time to get those 3 wins and that's why it is called "weekly CHALLENGE". Also, it can promote the battleground as well.

If you don't have the gears I mentioned above, then forget about the weekly challenge because you don't even need raven feathers. Why? Because you won't be able to join any BT raid run anyways. If you can buy the BT raid run, then why would you care about this little reward? You should focus on upgrading your weapon and run the dungeons until you are ready to enter the battleground.

15 minutes ago, FrozenB said:

I am not sure why people are complaining about the weekly rewards. If you are non-raven players, but with decent gears (like with legendary belt, necklace, bracelet, or ring and stage 10+ legendary weapon along with some pvp soul shields), you can possibly win 3 games in battleground quite easily, especially in beluga (you can focus on delivering the horns while letting your teammates with raven gears to pvp). It takes luck and time to get those 3 wins and that's why it is called "weekly CHALLENGE". Also, it can promote the battleground as well.

If you don't have the gears I mentioned above, then forget about the weekly challenge because you don't even need raven feathers. Why? Because you won't be able to join any BT raid run anyways. If you can buy the BT raid run, then why would you care about this little reward? You should focus on upgrading your weapon and run the dungeons until you are ready to enter the battleground.

Are you even listening to yourself? They have every right to complain to how unfair the weekly challenge is. Instead of boosting those who are already ahead of those who just started or just returned, they should make the weekly event benefiting for everybody. Who the hell wants to do battleground against bunch of rave players? Regardless if you don't need the raven feathers now, you will still need them in the future and let's also not forget how long it takes to actually obtain a certain amount for a item.

Honestly, having battleground even being a option for a daily challenge is pretty stupid to me knowing its reputation and how many players complain about it everyday. I would love to know the idiot who suggested it to be for a weekly. You want to keep players, not force them quit. Get your stuff together ncsoft.

13 minutes ago, Spin2win said:

Are you even listening to yourself? They have every right to complain to how unfair the weekly challenge is. Instead of boosting those who are already ahead of those who just started or just returned, they should make the weekly event benefiting for everybody. Who the hell wants to do battleground against bunch of rave players? Regardless if you don't need the raven feathers now, you will still need them in the future and let's also not forget how long it takes to actually obtain a certain amount for a item.

Honestly, having battleground even being a option for a daily challenge is pretty stupid to me knowing its reputation and how many players complain about it everyday. I would love to know the idiot who suggested it to be for a weekly. You want to keep players, not force them quit. Get your stuff together ncsoft.

Like I mentioned above, those are the only 3 WEEKLY quests along with BT that are currently available in our region, later on there are 2 more along with Vortex Temple weeklies. Its called weekly challenge and you dont need to complete it spot on the first day after the maint. You have time and its only 2 out of the 3 quests. DKV and 1 pvp weekly should be enough for you. I have a stage7 legendary, stage3 soul, stage5 belt and neck and stage7 ice earring and I have no problems of doing 6v6 BG whatsoever.

They make us do the three weekly quests, cuz the whole games only have those as three weekly quests. If you want to count the serious raid like BT, you have three more weekly quests to do, but only raid-minded players can do it.

Weekly challenge should be something like something more diverse than just complete a quest:

+Grind 2,000,000 EXP

+Complete 100 daily quests

+Grind 30,000 peaches. Excessive peaches can be turned into EXP charms. This works well with the EXP grind objective.

+Grind 10,000 Zen bean/Battle Points. They can be used to turn into soulstones/moonstones

+Kill SSP Berserkers or captains 5 times

+Reach 40th floor in ToI 5 times

+Finish certain dungeons 10 times.

+etc.

So you're saying that those who are running battlegrounds don't need Raven Feathers ?

Also, maybe they want more lower ap players in battleground to get those Raven users in higher tier, henceforth making the lower ap face other low ap players ?

1 hour ago, FrozenB said:

And for those who just finished the story with their ivorymoon toothpick or even those baleful 1/2/3 without much gear you don't care ?

And its funny to say "if you don't have gear forget about farming raven feathers" when its the only chance of those people to get to bt quicker or get at least some important badges n stuff faster and not having to farm like 3 more months. Its even the whales motto to say "if you want to get to where we are just farm harder". And now you're telling people to not do it, hilarious.

22 minutes ago, NightFer said:

Like I mentioned above, those are the only 3 WEEKLY quests along with BT that are currently available in our region, later on there are 2 more along with Vortex Temple weeklies. Its called weekly challenge and you dont need to complete it spot on the first day after the maint. You have time and its only 2 out of the 3 quests. DKV and 1 pvp weekly should be enough for you. I have a stage7 legendary, stage3 soul, stage5 belt and neck and stage7 ice earring and I have no problems of doing 6v6 BG whatsoever.

What? Congrats you're able to kill some raven players, but how exactly does that benefit those who are under geared? You're kind of forgetting that they can easily add just some random dungeon in hard mode or something easier for those who don't actually like to pvp such as maybe farming peaches etc etc? There's a reason why on normal dailies they have like 4 dungeons you can do and pass on the arena/battleground to complete it.

9 hours ago, NightFer said:

And how much of that is you being carried through by better geared players? I have stage 10 almost 11 weapon, stage 5 soul, maxed earth earring, stage 3 ring, almost fully maxed legendary pvp shield and full boss jewelry and a stage 6 raven FM 1 shot my 111K hp cat and two shot me (with 20 into def 150k hp and nearly 2.5K crit def.) 

It sounds like you have been lucky and either gotten into a 6 v 6 with no ravens at all, or on the raven side. I personally have yet to win a match in almost 2 months as i always end up in the PT with no ravens against a PT with 2+ ravens. The matches have always been 1800/0 which means those of us on the losing side get nothing except 30+ minutes wasted. 

This is something you see a lot in NCsoft games recently. All the challanges, events.. it is only able to be completed by the lucky or the well geared while it pisses on the lower / new player. One reason Lineage 2 is dead. 

9 hours ago, Spin2win said:

Don't forget that the matching system is pretty random. You will have a chance to have raven players as teammates or as enemies. You also have chance to face enemies with lower gears than yours. If you are very luck, some of the enemies may even get disconnected or crashed during the match. As long as you are not one of those retarded players who run into a group of raven players by yourself and you know what you are doing in battleground, getting a win is not an impossible mission.

8 hours ago, Kyrrua said:

And for those who just finished the story with their ivorymoon toothpick or even those baleful 1/2/3 without much gear you don't care ?

And its funny to say "if you don't have gear forget about farming raven feathers" when its the only chance of those people to get to bt quicker or get at least some important badges n stuff faster and not having to farm like 3 more months. Its even the whales motto to say "if you want to get to where we are just farm harder". And now you're telling people to not do it, hilarious.

Yes, as you said, I don't care about the new players who just finished the story with their ivorymoon because in fact, they are not ready for the battleground anyways. Also, if they are new players, it is better for them to practice pvp in arena first and trade for galaxy fragments for pvp soul shields. I have seen quite a few players with legendary 1/2/3/4/5/6 without any legendary accessories in battleground before. As soon as I saw these players in my team, I know the match is decided. For these players, they need to gear themselves first in dungeons to get those legendary accessories and soul shields in arena at least. You can't really jump steps in the game.

Will there any BT raid recruit players without any legendary accessories and with only legendary 1/2/3 weapon? 

I didn't tell people to not farm harder. In fact, I suggest they farm harder in dungeons for their gears first (but not in battleground yet). The only thing you can get with raven feather is the mystic badges without doing any BT raids. There are other ways to obtain it, such as daily dash, daily special in HM store, daily challenge on saturday, and trove event. Before I did any BT raid, I could get the badges just from these places. So, if I could do it, then why people can't do it?

The only places that they can add to the weekly challenge would be MSP and BT. At least I don't want to do MSP anymore to see all those afkers until the turtle spawn in each phases. BT is not possible for majority of the people. Some people suggests zai wei ruins. It is just another afk fest in there. 

At least for me, even though I lose the match in battleground, I could still earn battleground point for new pvp soul shield or moonstone chests. It is a good time investment there.

10 hours ago, FrozenB said:

Yes, as you said, I don't care about the new players who just finished the story with their ivorymoon because in fact, they are not ready for the battleground anyways.

Dude, I will just copy Spin2win phrase "are you even listening to yourself" XD

this is why so many people is complaining why weekly challenge is placed on 6v6.

12 hours ago, DirectorTseng said:

And how much of that is you being carried through by better geared players? I have stage 10 almost 11 weapon, stage 5 soul, maxed earth earring, stage 3 ring, almost fully maxed legendary pvp shield and full boss jewelry and a stage 6 raven FM 1 shot my 111K hp cat and two shot me (with 20 into def 150k hp and nearly 2.5K crit def.) 

It sounds like you have been lucky and either gotten into a 6 v 6 with no ravens at all, or on the raven side. I personally have yet to win a match in almost 2 months as i always end up in the PT with no ravens against a PT with 2+ ravens. The matches have always been 1800/0 which means those of us on the losing side get nothing except 30+ minutes wasted. 

This is something you see a lot in NCsoft games recently. All the challanges, events.. it is only able to be completed by the lucky or the well geared while it pisses on the lower / new player. One reason Lineage 2 is dead. 

All 3 wins that I got I was top dps and top kills, and the enemies werent that far away from my gear. Call it luck or w/e, but when more people decide to actually participate, the matchmaking will be more fair. Dont blame the company for something the playerbase did on themselves.

On 6/28/2017 at 6:48 PM, Saryrn said:

Like wtf

Why not give two of each at least

or make it so every other week it gives pvp rewards and has pvp quests. 

Whalefest is not fun.

This could have been done in quite a few ways and they chose the weak one.

GJ!

Incoming fish food for the whale

:thinking:

If only they did something with this thing call

PvP attack power mhmmm

19 hours ago, SoulsHunter said:

Dude, I will just copy Spin2win phrase "are you even listening to yourself" XD

this is why so many people is complaining why weekly challenge is placed on 6v6.

It is interesting that you quote a specific sentence from my whole comments and assume that I didn't point out the reasons behind it. 

It is just similar to the new players who couldn't finish all daily challenge quests in a specific day of the week before they nerf'ed the top 4 heroic dungeons. Just do what you can do and gear up as you play along.

Since people complains that it should be only PVE quests for weekly challenge rewards, how about this?

Finish 3 out of these 5 quests to claim the rewards:  3 Wins from Beluga, 3 Wins from WWV, MSP stage 1-3 boss kill quest, BT stage boss 1+2 kill quest, or DKV quest.

Now there are 3 PVE quests to choose from, so that all non-PVPers can stop complaining about it.

Archived