New golden lotus whalevent

Kyrrua

https://esports.bladeandsoul.com/en/the-lotustra

" The Golden Lotus has begun to bloom, ready to be bestowed upon our Regional champions. Help us reach our goal of $400,000 towards the regional championship prize pool! "

2 things:

- Heart of the golden lotus pack : one per account bundle. and additionnal rewards at each funding milestone reached. Aka whale more for the other whales to receive more rewards for every whales.  100% on the prize pool.

And the other thing, probably obtainable on store

- Golden lotus chest (no restricted amount so far ? time to buy hundreds of it?) : shadow Phoenix costume, Sacred Oils, Sealed Xanos Disks, and more

40% on the prize pool

60% in their pockets.

In case you didn't understand they don't have money to invest in our regionals, so they ask you to whale and pay for them by giving you game rewards in exchange.

And of course the chest contains all the biggest p2win materials that are highly needed right now (oils,gels,xanos disc) so every whale can't resist.

Funny because people on reddit also predicted before today that there will be an oil event to compensate for the 118 oils farm.

Here it is.

Clever, I'm impressed. *clapclap*

Side note: They already have their official prize pool ofc. I'm pointing the fact to give the highly needed p2win items after the announcement of the tons of oils needed for souls and combine it to the fact of participating to the prize pool and behind earning a higher part of the money given. Because everyone will needs oils ! best way to attract people !

Which is a very clever company move.

Maybe it's not that expensive? I mean I see the carnvial costume that was released in wardrobe months ago, plus a new costume. You know that alone will draw people in bc it's not just whales who like costumes. 

side note: They shouldn't be promising a prize pool they can't afford though. Like not only is that a shit ton of money, how is it going to effect everyone else because they have to put aside money for that?lol

so they want our money to run their champion ship thing which is basically use to promo BnS.

not only that(i don't know how much money NC has spent to create these packages, not much i assume), but only 40% going towards prize pool and 60% going to their pocket?

riiiiiite. you got my support. 

1 minute ago, hwalien said:

so they want our money to run their champion ship thing which is basically use to promo BnS.

not only that(i don't know how much money NC spent to create these packages), but only 40% going towards prize pool and 60% going to their pocket?

riiiiiite. you got my support. 

Well you missed the first part lmao but I think it's like:

You buy the one account per bundle which is 100% towards championship, which serves as your ticket to be able to buy any of the lotus boxes that become available. Which I'm going to guess all of those are separate purchases. Than any of the lotus boxes you buy are split, 40/60 because they do have a company to run.

we have to support a pvp scene dead since soo long no one from NCwest tryed to fix? 400k $ to whom are you kidding me? and again a whale event can we have a break pls?

The only event i want to support is an event to rise money for better servers, hire competent devs or the best option a event to give this game to blizzard !

7 minutes ago, XO said:

Well you missed the first part lmao but I think it's like:

You buy the one account per bundle which is 100% towards championship, which serves as your ticket to be able to buy any of the lotus boxes that become available. Which I'm going to guess all of those are separate purchases. Than any of the lotus boxes you buy are split, 40/60 because they do have a company to run.

Oh i see. i scroll down too fast. thank you for clearing that for me XD

well then maybe. I would like to support players who represents our region but I still have to think about it.

I dont know if troll or just uninformed cricket. You shouldve checked the Esports area of the website where its written there is a $60k already as a prize pool for the tournaments. The additional $400k milestone is for people to add up to that already invested $60k and win some rewards.

If you are interested to know, Valve, the well known company that runs Dota 2, they make these so called Compendiums for every major tournament for people to buy, win some rewards and some of the money from the purchases goes to the prize pool of the tournaments. If you want to know another thing, last years The International 6, Valve always invests $1mil and the community funded another $18mil by purchasing compendiums and chests. This is not something just came up to the company, its been running for years in the competitive scene. Its nothing new. Actually its a good thing to know that the community of the games rewards the best players by giving them the share of money they spend for various things in the game.

Wow. Just wow. This community (as well as basically every other MMORPG community) is so much trimmed on hating, it's awesome.

First of all, most of the esports competitions fill their prize pool with those methods. Do you really think such a competition would be beneficial when they put half a million from their own pockets in the pool? Don't be delusional.

Another thing. I don't know about the chances, but come on. A single chest costs 139 NCoins, which basically is 1.73€ or in Gold on my server currently 46g. You have to get the more valuable items pretty often for this to be useful. So it's not like spend a few dollars and have everything.

13 minutes ago, hwalien said:

Oh i see. i scroll down too fast. thank you for clearing that for me XD

well then maybe. I would like to support players who represents our region but I still have to think about it.

okay I pretty much missed the mark.

You have 2 parts to this.

The first is the new costume/weapon skins + the availability to grab additional rewards after each mark is hit, thats 2k even HMC.

Than the second is rng boxes...like trove, sold in the typical bundles, good side is you can also buy them with hmc.

Well I already knew that,(that they have their own prize pool)  tho maybe I should tell it in this topic too so everyone knows too.

I'm talking about the way to attract the whales into their funding like I said " they ask you to whale and pay for them by giving you game rewards in exchange." because not all the part of it will go toward the prize pool.(40%)

And that inside of that the rewards you pay for are typically p2win and highly needed right now, so whales will rush like crazy on this.

That is also why I said that's a very clever move made by the company (im a student in economy).

Honestly no problem at all if every $ of the money would go to regionals, yes like you said @NightFer those things exist everywhere.

11 minutes ago, Kyrrua said:

Well I already knew that,(that they have their own prize pool)  tho maybe I should tell it in this topic too so everyone knows too.

I'm talking about the way to attract the whales into their funding like I said " they ask you to whale and pay for them by giving you game rewards in exchange." because not all the part of it will go toward the prize pool.(40%)

And that inside of that the rewards you pay for are typically p2win and highly needed right now, so whales will rush like crazy on this.

That is also why I said that's a very clever move made by the company (im a student in economy).

Honestly no problem at all if every $ of the money would go to regionals, yes like you said @NightFer those things exist everywhere.

People would probably flame less if it would simply be a box, without having any connection to the competition.

Also, I gotta say.. like I said the boxes are pretty expensive, so if someone really wants to spent a 4-digit some on a few materials (which are now easy to farm, e.g. xanos disks only 15k peaches, you can get ~4 in one day through farming), so be it. You'll always be able to get a profit from spending money, if that is p2w, every game with transactions is. The question is whether the cost for the services you get are acceptable. And if someone wants to spent so much on something I can easily farm within a day, well, why not.

I cant stop laughing when i see they ask  money to regionals.

Is not for this sponsors exist?

And is not NCS job get good sponsors?

All this update is a messy! I lost all pleasure of play the game just for think how i go upgrade my soul LVL6 :(

18 minutes ago, Fufia said:

I cant stop laughing when i see they ask  money to regionals.

Is not for this sponsors exist?

And is not NCS job get good sponsors?

All this update is a messy! I lost all pleasure of play the game just for think how i go upgrade my soul LVL6 :(

whales = sponsors

3 minutes ago, Inugami said:

From what I'm seeing in the wardrobe, looks like one of those higher reward tiers has something similar to Soha's costume

Yea maybe milestone 7? if we get that though...even tho it would be nice to have her costume I will feel..idk tbh lol

1 minute ago, XO said:

Yea maybe milestone 7? if we get that though...even tho it would be nice to have her costume I will feel..idk tbh lol

I know the feeling ...I've wanted it forever, and yet like this...? .___. I wouldn't feel quite as bad if the outfit in the initial box was a bit more attractive

29 minutes ago, Inugami said:

I know the feeling ...I've wanted it forever, and yet like this...? .___. I wouldn't feel quite as bad if the outfit in the initial box was a bit more attractive

It always comes down to peoples style right :/ I think that's why they put repeats at the stop points before carnival (well even that too tbh), just incase people want those outfits and not the mafia one.

Archived