I need help..

I have just come back from a long break. The time I quit the level cap was 45 and the warlock had just been released.. So I am pretty lost, I have no Idea how to upgrade my equipment or what is important to keep or throw away. I am leveling a new character because starting with my level 45 I am just lost. So if there is someone who could tell me whats different and how to get better equipment or upgrade my gear..

35 minutes ago, bloodisonline said:

I am leveling a new character because starting with my level 45 I am just lost.

Well that's seems pointless. Also your new char will not get upgradeable accessory and will have to stick with pinnacle bullshit earring, pretty bad ring and questionable bracelet (the necklace is good tho).

3 hours ago, bloodisonline said:

What do you mean.. All new characters will have bad gear?

You can't get upgradeable accessory anymore. And the best that you can get instead (before legendary) is worse than upgreaded old accessory. So yeah... new characters will be weaker before they can get legendary accessory. So if you started all over again with the same class and all - you better just continue to play your old character where you can upgrade your old accessory and don't stress about rushing to get the legendary one. The old necklace is useless tho so just grab the pinnacle one when it will drop.

And as for the cost od upgrading the stuff - you will get your investments back, as you will be able to salvage each full upgraded accessory for 30 legendary stones that you will use to upgrade your legendary accessory when you will get some.

The page detailing the changes to the weapon and accessory upgrade system can be found here (costs may be outdated, idk, but the basic structure is the same). You will probably be salvaging your old weapon (remove gems first) and not getting anything upgradable until cap. You can continue to upgrade old accessories if you like, but most people just use the Pinnacle ones until Legendary. New characters will only have the option of dropped accessories, as SadFace pointed out.

Continue to finish the storyline. It will give you lots of money, mats, and even breakthrough weapons you will need up to the point of being ready for your Legendary weapon.

The pinnacle vs old hongmoon accessories thing is much too much fussed about imho.

Put down on a spreadsheet several of the old Hongmoon accessories look better than the new pinnacle heroics, but the important difference is that Pinnacles are basically free drops, while HM needs time and materials to evolve which you could just better spend catching up with endgame.

Legendary accessories have become much easier to obtain, so I would focus on that instead of "maximizing" what is essentially newbie gear now.

So even on your old char, I would recommend to halt accessory upgrades for now and just get some pinnalce drops. You can still decide if the HM ones are worth upgrading for legendary jewels salvaging once you actually get a legendary to use them on. ^_^

1 hour ago, Shuchin said:

Put down on a spreadsheet several of the old Hongmoon accessories look better than the new pinnacle heroics, but the important difference is that Pinnacles are basically free drops, while HM needs time and materials to evolve which you could just better spend catching up with endgame.

The cost of upgrading them is low. And the earring will be better than pinnacle just from making it to siren. Also, you will get your money back when you salvage the old accessory anyway - so there is no point in not upgrading it.

So what do we do with all of the sealed green/blue items (and lockboxes) that still drop from trash NPCs?  The tooltips about their being upgrade materials don't seem to have been updated, so I've just been banking everything.  

Are they vendor food now (not worth much)?  Do I Salvage them?

Archived