June 28th Update -- Soul

An19194

Soul is still upgraded with sacred oil the other one is just to switch between the two.

The amount of oil you need to max soul is absolutely insane now what the heck is nc thinking. Unless they make oil more obtainable it's impossible to max it unless you're a total nolifer or whale.

21 minutes ago, Cor said:

Soul is still upgraded with sacred oil the other one is just to switch between the two.

The amount of oil you need to max soul is absolutely insane now what the heck is nc thinking. Unless they make oil more obtainable it's impossible to max it unless you're a total nolifer or whale.

Same mindset everyone had concerning the cost for soul upgrade when the Awakened and True stage were introduced. 

I STILL think the costs for the critical/True soul are completely outrageous and far out of my reach. 

Let alone another 7 stages on top of that. 

And we all KNOW there will be people with maxed out souls on day one with this new soul. 

But the fact that it still uses the same oils is only going to drive up costs making even just the awakened hongmoon soul way out of reach for those of us still stuck with stage 1-10 purple souls, so catching up to the max level will be just that much harder, unless the drop rates and farm methods for the materials ease up some more. I think they can stand to be a little more generous with unsealed oils from events and boxes and things now.

1 unsealed sacred oil should be the daily dash full trip prize now instead of these charm pouches. 

What a game BnS turned out to be.

Surely immediately after patch some will have that top soul.

Extremely high cost game for casual players and low casher players.

True hongmoon already needs 25 oils from Awakened which cost (make it 400G per oil) 10,000 G.

While powerful upgrade is an eventually thing, I think NCSoft is doing it wrong.

They try to make players feel powerful by throwing big and costly upgrade. Sure, you will have breakthrough in your DPS if you can afford it. Sure, you can make it a long-term project that last for months, where you will gradually obtain. You're behind whales and no-lifers, but you still obtain them regardless. The desire to rush things of players is what make NCSoft rich.

However, it is very discouraging if you show how expensive it is right of the bat. Unless whale and no-lifers, players will always look at the cost first before justify the power. If the cost is too much, even if the upgrade triples your performance, most of players will feel unhappy. 

I believe that instead of throwing a big upgrade to the players' face, NCSoft should divide it so that players have time to move forward and don't have the feeling of being rushed. It is like walking in Sahara for 30 days: if you provide them a stop for every three days of travelling, players will feel rested and have the will to move on. However, if you make players to decide the stops by themselves, they will immediately believe that they have walk non-stop for 30 days, hence complaining and giving up before even try.

In short, let butcher the upgrade into smaller upgrades:

-True Hongmoon Soul to -> Awk. Soul 1.

-Stop for a few weeks for players to digest it.

-Awk. Soul 1 - Awk. Soul 5

-Stop for a few weeks. Maybe a month and a half.

-True Soul.

Of course, it is already too late to do anything now. But let hope NCSoft will keep in mind that people will always feel tired before a trip even begin, if you just show how long a road without any stop.

1 hour ago, Alysha Hawkeye said:

While powerful upgrade is an eventually thing, I think NCSoft is doing it wrong.

They try to make players feel powerful by throwing big and costly upgrade. Sure, you will have breakthrough in your DPS if you can afford it. Sure, you can make it a long-term project that last for months, where you will gradually obtain. You're behind whales and no-lifers, but you still obtain them regardless. The desire to rush things of players is what make NCSoft rich.

However, it is very discouraging if you show how expensive it is right of the bat. Unless whale and no-lifers, players will always look at the cost first before justify the power. If the cost is too much, even if the upgrade triples your performance, most of players will feel unhappy. 

I believe that instead of throwing a big upgrade to the players' face, NCSoft should divide it so that players have time to move forward and don't have the feeling of being rushed. It is like walking in Sahara for 30 days: if you provide them a stop for every three days of travelling, players will feel rested and have the will to move on. However, if you make players to decide the stops by themselves, they will immediately believe that they have walk non-stop for 30 days, hence complaining and giving up before even try.

In short, let butcher the upgrade into smaller upgrades:

-True Hongmoon Soul to -> Awk. Soul 1.

-Stop for a few weeks for players to digest it.

-Awk. Soul 1 - Awk. Soul 5

-Stop for a few weeks. Maybe a month and a half.

-True Soul.

Of course, it is already too late to do anything now. But let hope NCSoft will keep in mind that people will always feel tired before a trip even begin, if you just show how long a road without any stop.

You're right, its just too much I can understand if we were playing the game for 2-3 years but its not even been 2 years. The content is being rushed and the heavy paying player base is trying to rush their upgrades by doing trove and rng boxes (which is completely fine, its your money do as you wish with it) but its going to get to the point where both F2P and Pay2Progress players just have enough and the game will slowly fall (there is already a massive decline in players, proof is the server merges).

With new MMO's coming out this year I just feel as if people will just move on or go back to their beloved MMO's that they may have played before BnS was released i.e WoW. So NCSoft really have to think about their next move, because of the current last months and the new update people have been in uproar due to the bad decisions NCsoft have made. I really hope they can do something about these current absurd amounts of materials, its bad enough that the new weapons and such are going to be hella expensive but the soul being this much? No way, for me I need 168 Oils to reach the upcoming maxed soul. Current EU oil prices are around 450g, so 450 x 168 = 75,600 gold. That's insane especially when I make only 1000g a week, its not possible unless we have played for years then it would have been fine but with the rushed content, I'm sorry but this is a joke especially with the rewards from daily quests and so forth. I enjoy MMO's that are difficult and take time to gear, but Blade and Soul is just one of those MMO's that the ratio of Rewards:Effort is just terrible.

Now I may have bashed the game a little, but don't get me wrong I love this game. Yes the game, the story is fantastic, the dungeons are fun, the costumes are cool and the combat is amazing. But the issue is how the game is being handled, NCsoft sadly expects people will play this game for years to come but forget that people get frustrated and tend to quit or move onto a new upcoming MMO.

I hope something can be done but I won't hold my breath, I guess we can only see how NCsoft will respond to the communities outrage and something will be done. Otherwise sadly, I guess its time to move on.

NC didn't have a good plan from the start since launch- they had over 2 million players and the game has only been out for a year in our region and the population has already decreased dramatically. The thing that's ruining bns the most is the rushed content to catch up to kr. I guess they're forgetting that kr has been out years before us so if they knew they wanted to be on par with kr then they should have just waited to release the game instead of forcing players to feel like they have to spend tons of money on the game to catch up every time a new update comes out. Seems like the way they run things are just getting worse and worse. I continue to play because I like what bns has to offer- combat, story line, pvp, pve, etc. besides I've been playing it for a while in other regions even though the ping was horrible, waiting for our release. I hope they start listening to their players more and turn things around before its too late.

5 hours ago, NineArt said:

Same mindset everyone had concerning the cost for soul upgrade when the Awakened and True stage were introduced. 

Yes and it was already true back then, only people who spend a shitload of time in the game and whales have true soul. Seriously how could anyone who didn't cash their soul defend this?

Archived