90g to mail gems between characters

wreckless

they think following the other region is good...  try to play the game... so you will know how much a non whale player earn.. even u lower the cost of the mail on gems its still big.. and i really dont know why u guys put a fee on gems when people already complain on ruby 5g mail before..

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The ultimately frustrating part of this debacle is the idea the NCsoft is normalizing something between regions.  Income in KR is orders of magnitude higher than here.  In order to make these gem mailing fees 'normalized' or region matched NCsoft would have to correspondingly increase daily income the equivalent percentage so we in NA / EU are not spending a significantly higher portion of our possible daily income compared to other regions.  Others have already thrown some numbers at this problem, all of which illustrate how unfair this actually is, even at 1/2 of Korea's fee, for players here.

I can tell you exactly how this will affect me:. I will no longer be playing alts other than to use as crafting drones.  I was spending a considerable amount of gold leveling 2 of my 3 alts, including some trove and rng boxes.  Transferring gems was a crucial part of my game play to be able to get my alts in higher level dungeons and raids.  I will no longer mail gems, and I will no longer develop my 3 alts, significantly reducing the amount of gold I put back in the game, and the amount of ncoin I buy.

11 hours ago, Babbletr0n said:

It’s still higher than it was previously of course, but is a step toward honoring the design intent to make transferring gems at least a slightly more meaningful decision, while more closely aligning with our game economy and use of alts. 

Unfortunately this change is only penalizing non-whale players who tried hard to find solution to survive in the game. Whales with their shittons of money don't give a single fck about that.

Again if you have money you're fine, if not then have fun leveling your alt with low ap and being kicked everyday on f8 cuz of the ap requirement.

If you want I have screenshots of what whales (a part of them) think about this change, and yes they don't give a fck and they don't live in the same world. They don't realize how hard it is to farm right now if you don't inject money and get kicked at every dungeon. They even think if we have a problem its only because we're not trying harder than we already are.

Reminds me of former president nicole sarkozy, a guy whos not living in the same world as the pleb who said "work harder to earn more".

Well then my alt Blademaster was 780 ap 1 week ago, in order to farm for the event every single day and being able to do all dungeons until Naryu foundry I decided to invest arround 700g into it and get him to baleful 8, and even with this my alt was still at 817. Yes at least I can do DT/ebon now, but I couldn't before.

Whales will tell me, "hey just finish the story and u can do DT and ebon" well after you finish the story you're even lower than 750 ap and you have a lot of things to do before reaching it.

Bm hm 10 + legendary souslshield 5 part+ full pinnacle+baleful2/3 and I was still arround 760ap. Just imagine the situation of a new player then, just the time to farm and invest 700g+ into their character to only reach 800ap doing mid purple dungeons.

My point is, after all of that and reaching 817 ap my only solution to do naryu foundry on this alt was to send the hepta gems I farmed hard during event, just to reach 838 ap. and God this week I was finally able to at least do foundry for orbs and legendary without being kicked once.

Now you come and tell me I have to lose 2x10g x2= 40g  everyday just to do naryu foundry on an alt on which I invested a lot only for that ??? (knowing that u earn arround 50g with all purple dailies)

That's a huge and hard pill to swallow...

Its over anyway I decided to definitively stop pve in this game, I will stay on fulltime pvp since you finally need nothing more in pve to do pvp and that HM levels are gone. I was always pro pvp but I liked the pve of Bns (at least the first months at launch when it wasn't p2win) and I was already playing the game long ago on ru servers talking about it to everyone I could and waiting this game like the messiah. (oh and some friends(streamers) I know where very active for your game (and pvp broadcast) either and decided to quit cuz "you fooled them with p2w" and they took the biggest tryhard guilds with them)

But if you think about it now Pve brings nothing except farming dung everyday, not even achievement for the gear you farmed, no gear optimization you just get the higher legendary item there is and that's it you wait till next update, no progress,no big bad story boss raid like other games (since if u whale everything is easy) and no achievement in 6v6 either since its whaleland whale2win.

Farewell pve.

14 hours ago, Babbletr0n said:

To give some background on the changes, the development team's intention with the change was to make transferring gems between alts a non-trivial player decision—considering how impactful gems are. For that reason, they decided to unify the costs of mailing gems for players worldwide. 

Clearly you had a lot of feedback to provide on the decision, and we took that to the developers for further discussion. With some back and forth, we came to the compromise of cutting the new cost in half for North America and Europe only. It’s still higher than it was previously of course, but is a step toward honoring the design intent to make transferring gems at least a slightly more meaningful decision, while more closely aligning with our game economy and use of alts. 

We’ll be continuing to gather your constructive feedback, and actively bringing your concerns to the development team.  

Thanks for your understanding,

Jonathan Lien

Can you just tell me why it needs to be a "meaningful decision" rather than a "trivial one?

What on EARTH is wrong with something in this game being EASY since the gems themselves are so hard to obtain? Why shouldn't we be able to make the "trivial" decision to mail these gems to alts so that we can run a little more content per day, and actually, y'know, PLAY THE GAME.

I'll tell you one thing, it isn't a "trivial" decision. It's quite a meaningful one, because whether or not alts can wear the gems that took some of us months to get means a reduction of our quality of life. It puts actual enjoyment of the game on the line, and that isn't cool.

Less alts that can actually be used per day? Less need to buy costumes for them from the hongmoon store. Less need to purchase resets.

I thank you for attempting to rectify the issue, and I realize it isn't fully your fault. However I think the devs need to make more "meaningful" decisions themselves when it comes to how they want to run this game.

You guys are already screwing us over in a lot of ways compared to the KR version of this game. You need to take the copper away and just give straight silver. If you want people to pay this kind of price then you need to up the gold from doing dungeons and dailies. Not everyone is going to be able to afford this shit along with trying to upgrade weps. People make alts not only to farm and craft stuff.. But people like to try out new classes... Plus some people use an alt to make all their gems and transfer them to the main.  And maybe they will make one of their alts a main.. That means they have to transfer their gems and everything they can to the new main. Not everyone is going to have that kind of gold. Yes I know Ill be getting " Well there is plenty of ways to make gold" Yes if you have high ap and can get a party in the harder dungeons. But that is not the case for everyone. You are putting a lot of people off on this game with a lot of the changes you guys are making... Why fix something when it wasn't broken to begin with. 

4 minutes ago, Your Demons said:

...Why fix something when it wasn't broken to begin with. 

They aren't aiming to fix it. They're aiming to break it. Or at the very least that's what's happening here in NA/EU. In their way of making this "meaningful", they made it meaningless. Putting gems on alt costs more than 4hour of grind. Rather than being a transfer now it's an investment. I'm laying off this game from my roster until this is resolved. Either we get old prices, or we get the gold gain KR has, I don't care which.

2 minutes ago, MassiveEgo said:

They aren't aiming to fix it. They're aiming to break it. Or at the very least that's what's happening here in NA/EU. In their way of making this "meaningful", they made it meaningless. Putting gems on alt costs more than 4hour of grind. Rather than being a transfer now it's an investment. I'm laying off this game from my roster until this is resolved. Either we get old prices, or we get the gold gain KR has, I don't care which.

I agree with you. I think they should make the gold gain equal or close to what KR has. But we know that shit will never happen. To them If they do that.. Then they will lose a lot of money coming in from people to sell shit. But then again with the KR its a one time payment and you get Premium for the entire time u play. I think I rather go to that one time payment to play the game then have to spend more money just to try to upgrade my wep or get a certain outfit.. or whatever.  In a lot of ways.. The NA/EU is getting screwed 50 different ways

good thing I quitted the game before this update lol

and ironically wasted like 100$ or so b4 quitting + got 3months of premium think 1-2 months left b4 quitted hehe

I love playing with alts and the game as much as some changes made it "alt~friendly" the changes with the gems takes us a sh*ttons of steps back to how things were since u need think very carefully what toon to send your gems to and getting your alts awesome gems would b only possible for "whales" coz they can afford anythin with all the gold they have lol but us "normal" people... nah.... no more alting for us :D

As a player who let all my chars have their own economy (excluding flowers and skin which all characters share if they have an abundance), this change isn't that big of a deal for me personally. But any (minor) thoughts of  (occasionally) sending gems between my characters went straight out the window with this announcement.

I like the reduction in upgrade prices (it really was needed), but this absurd increase in sending gems is way out of line. You can't normalize something if everything else isn't normalized. If you do not normalize the income to match that of KR, you can't normalize such a feature to such an extreme, OK if you at least could break even, but that is not even remotely possible unless something like a legendary drops, and that with the halved prices. It would be literally impossible to break even with the original rate... sorry, but this change, even with halved rate, is just simply absurd as the economy is right now. NCSoft (not NCWest as they only have partial influence on what the devs decide) need to revise their "normalizing plan", if you're going to normalize, first normalize the income, then the costs. This is just a huge goldsink for no justifiable reason.

NC force people to get new set of gems for each alts.

next they will sell RNG box with chance to get pentagonal/hexagonal kinna gems.

then they will sell transmute mats.

NC can't come up with contents for general users.

they come up with new soul to make people shut up and grind forever.

let people grind for few weeks then release another RNG box with oil.

EVERYONE HAPPY!

This kills my desire to continue playing as well.  Got 6 Octagonal gems via hard grind since launch of the game, and have 3 characters HM 11+ which I kept gearing up.  But spending 90g each time I am going to switch character is not going to happen.

I won't play until they fix the price.

Archived