Forums

90g to mail gems between characters

wreckless

17 minutes ago, Cyan said:

Hello all, 

after all of your feedback, we've worked with the devs to lower the amount of gold it costs to mail the gems so it is more appropriate for our region. Tomorrow when the patch goes live they will be half of what we originally posted. We have updated the news post to reflect the changes, which you can view here.

DDWpqqFWAAAMIDg.jpg:large

Thank you.

Which is still expensive...

I have a legit question, why does the gem mailing has to cost something ?

Why there's even a high cost for mailing already expensive items and important material ? (especially to yourself)

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats still an increase by a factor of 2000 over live?

Whats the motivation here?

Was the use of gems by more than one character not intended, rather only for gathering to transmute?

I was hoping to see reduction by a factor of 10.

Mailing things to yourself is kind of awkward to begin with.  That vault ui sure has some tab space that looks like it could have some account storage.

Just now, Hanty said:

Omg if you want play alt give him his own gem. if you want selling all time from main to alt so pay for it. This price is just good.

It's not. Getting high gems is nothing you can do every day. And getting them during events on multiple chars means no-life for weeks. Items are accound bound so it should be free to share them. No one with a single brain cell will send gems often between characters with such costs. And it seems you dont get the meaning of alts. They are not only for getting money, there are people who LIKE to play them and dont transfer the money/mats to the main. Compared with my main gems my alt will lose about 70 ap if he has to use the story gems. And 70 ap means much in F8 if you are not above 900 without any gems already.

1 hour ago, Cyan said:

Hello all, 

after all of your feedback, we've worked with the devs to lower the amount of gold it costs to mail the gems so it is more appropriate for our region. Tomorrow when the patch goes live they will be half of what we originally posted. We have updated the news post to reflect the changes, which you can view here.

DDWpqqFWAAAMIDg.jpg:large

Thank you.

Your not doing your math right.

Good percentage of people with alt only do daily challenge and move on to next alt.

So, if your mailing cost is more than what they can make by doing daily challenge, it's over price for them.

I don't believe everyone has to mail back and forth 6 Octagonal gems all the time but just 3 Pentagonal gems will be more than what people can make doing daily challenge.

14 minutes ago, BLcKLiGhT said:

Can we atleast get discount on premium 10 mailing?

I don't need to mail any gems so I'm good... but you giving up already?

3 hours ago, Cyan said:

Hello all, 

Thank you.

Guys please do your maths right. Doing all event dungeons + sanctum gives near 60g. Each dallie quest gives like 4-5g each.

Mailing and sending back after completing all dallies cost 180g. That means you lose money playing on alts which u do stuff like purple train. Playing on alts meant you are suppose to earn gold, not lose gold.

If we have a relable way of farming gold like naksun 3m per 4g then it would be fine. But you guys removed the main source of F2P income. Many players nowadays farm gold through doing dungeons/ dallies alone hence many play alts. Completing all dlalies on alts should gives you gold , not making you lose even more gold which is very stupid. Please see this point

Please open your eyes, can you not see how retarded this is?

Either you massively increase gold income from all dallie quest or you change this back to 0. Theres 0 point of introducing this system that would hurt and kill so many alts. Our gold economy are not the same as in TW and KR.

Did anyone else gather from the stream that, if you don't convert the gems over, the mailing fee will be the same?  I want to make sure I am interpreting that correctly.  At least, i can play my alts for another month or so, because i am nowhere near ready to increase my gems.

Hours left for me to send my reserved gems to my alt, before it costs me a fortune and i still couldn't find a jin preset that doesn't look like a fetus.

@wreckless In stream they never mentioned about mailing cost of gems. It says in website, you don't have to convert them if you are not planning on transmuting. But, it will probably cost the same, whether you convert them or not.

To give some background on the changes, the development team's intention with the change was to make transferring gems between alts a non-trivial player decision—considering how impactful gems are. For that reason, they decided to unify the costs of mailing gems for players worldwide. 

Clearly you had a lot of feedback to provide on the decision, and we took that to the developers for further discussion. With some back and forth, we came to the compromise of cutting the new cost in half for North America and Europe only. It’s still higher than it was previously of course, but is a step toward honoring the design intent to make transferring gems at least a slightly more meaningful decision, while more closely aligning with our game economy and use of alts. 

We’ll be continuing to gather your constructive feedback, and actively bringing your concerns to the development team.  

Thanks for your understanding,

Jonathan Lien

23 minutes ago, Babbletr0n said:

To give some background on the changes, the development team's intention with the change was to make transferring gems between alts a non-trivial player decision—considering how impactful gems are. For that reason, they decided to unify the costs of mailing gems for players worldwide. 

Clearly you had a lot of feedback to provide on the decision, and we took that to the developers for further discussion. With some back and forth, we came to the compromise of cutting the new cost in half for North America and Europe only. It’s still higher than it was previously of course, but is a step toward honoring the design intent to make transferring gems at least a slightly more meaningful decision, while more closely aligning with our game economy and use of alts. 

We’ll be continuing to gather your constructive feedback, and actively bringing your concerns to the development team.  

Jonathan Lien

I appreciate your work on this, but I feel that you should try and compromise them down to at least 1/4 of the original cost (1/2 of the costs posted today), which would still be high proportionally. In Korea, they make enough gold from basic dailies to more than offset these costs. For example, they make 7g PER KILL, not daily, just from Naksun, which can obviously be repeated as many times as they want.  Here, even at 1/4 of the original costs, we would be struggling to break even, but it would at least be a little more manageable for your average player who plays alts regularly and does DC. I understand that they want it to be a little more meaningful than a few copper, but for them to think that our economy is only at a ratio of 1:2 (NA/EU:KR) gold, rather than something like 1:8-10, is just simply wrong.  This is not a "slightly more meaningful decision to transfer gems", it is a total back breaker on the average player's gold. It doesn't feel like a small but meaningful amount of gold loss, it feels like a very real gold deficit. The level of proportion of income on NA/EU versus gem transfer cost compared to that of KR based on the dev's current logic is just not even remotely even, and I just want them to understand that.

1:8? Try more like 1: 10,000,000. Make our gold as inflated as theirs is and then myself and a significant amount of others will buy ncoin again.. otherwise say good bye to a significant amount of potential earnings. These people know nothing of business it seems.

2 hours ago, Babbletr0n said:

Jonathan Lien

Calling me (personally) understanding of this, feels insulting to be honest. Reminds me of that "would you kindly" thing from Bioshock and as far as I'm concerned, it's not going to fly.
I read the info and I personally don't want this change. What's so hard to understand about it? Let me write this in a way that a non players like the senior staff can understand (it's no stretch of the imagination that they aren't playing, considering how much morbid grind masquerading as content this game has) - if you can't fix the DPS requirements for different dungeons (and you can't because these are player driven), don't touch things in a way that would limit people's gameplay. Requirements won't magically become less, just because this "we hate our players" (that's what it feels like) patch is in place. I can't even begin to imagine what sort of brilliant mastermind came up with this and thought it would be a good implementation. If anything represents "anti-player update" this is it. It is essentially nerfing alts.

Mini satire/rant below:

Spoiler

I can almost imagine their board meeting:
"We need to introduce more grind guys. Preferably one that would warrant us some cash!"

Ideas get tossed back and forth until a brilliant someone pops up and says "Hey let's make gems a thousand times more expensive to mail! That way people won't be able to play the alts they love cause they will no longer have enough damage to do top content. This will warrant us some trove sales from the addicts that love their alts so much, they'd rather drop 500-600 euro than play just one character. We'll also temporarily solve the inflation issue, since less alts on high reward dungeons mean less gold yield. Am I brilliant or what?" - everybody claps with enthusiasm not seen before, totally forgetting that this game is about making people spend money in a way that won't feel forced in order to maximize profits.

Suddenly someone else gets a moment of enlightenment - Wait a minute. What if players hate this change? - he asks in a tone that gives away his concern.
- We'll just bank on them being accepting and just sucking it. Isn't that what we always do? It has worked for us so far... - says the mastermind, a smile creeping across his face.

But in all seriousness now, here's a thing with players - we don't like kicks below the belt. And this is a kick that can eliminate the future entirely for more than a few people. Something to keep in mind for the next team operative meeting. This isn't a change you can just cover up with the usual excuse that MMOs are supposed to be grindly. There is grind and then there's Blade & Soul. And the fact that this notion is accurate isn't something to be proud of.

[edit]

@VerdeletWhat you wrote shows an angle I haven't considered, but if what you say is true, it only brings more questions to the table. I know I just mocked someone somewhere in NC HQ for doing a dumb call, but I'm far from assuming they're stupid. And this brings the obvious question - if they are at least moderately smart, they'd know that this patch isn't suited for our version what so ever. Not even with mailing prices halved. Why did they push it if they knew it isn't applicable here? Did they really not account for this? If yes, that rises the question for how many other things did they forget when preparing provisions for NA/EU.

[edit2]
Just pulled this gem from reddit:

What is the cost to mail gems on KR? If by "to match the other regions" they meant KR, then it's totally retarded for mainly 2 reasons:

1) KR gets good amount of gold for running every dungeon from dynamic quests.
2) If average player on EU/NA has 1k gold, average player on KR has 100k gold, which means that if they pay 30g to mail a gem, then we should pay 30s to mail it.

So, dear NC. What are you going to do in order to fix this mess?

" they decided to unify the costs of mailing gems for players worldwide. "

I find it so FK stupid that they can say that. WHAT'S FXXXXXXX POINT IN MAKING ONE FEATURE THE SAME FOR ALL REGIONS WHILE THE REST ARE DIFFERENT!!!!!!!!

NCW, do you know what "BALANCE" mean???????????

i logged in KR server and check myself this gem mailing thing

i have only hexagons and yes its 15g for mailing, this is not a big problem in KR because the daily income is almost 500g/character, and i not talking the raid income, witch is insanely high

so yes if you farming in KR, the 100k gold is not big deal

27 minutes ago, Spin2win said:

They really have no idea what they're doing lmao...

Nope they don't.

They know how to reduce players to play in server indeed.

I was already introduce to my friend (almost 2 hours introducing him) who usually spent a lot of money in game.

I decided to not encourage him to play here.

He is interested in building some classes.

With the half cost I would spent 30g for sending 3 gems to my alt and back to main.
This essentially kills alts.

This doesn't turn the sending of gems to a meaningfull decision, it kills the previous feature to send the gems to alts and turns it into the feature to get your gems to an alt if you are sure you want to reroll.

Being able to send the gems to alts was a great feature. Replacing it with this restrictive system doesn't seem like a good decision to me.

Archived