Server and money they get from us

Zipher6

1 hour ago, crowtor said:

If you had a choice between earning additional 10k a year or having great servers for a game you don't play, which one would you choose?

I would get better servers and get even more money a year.

Like other game makers their Flagship game makes the big bucks.. so they can.. afford to produce other games.. like MXM.. and to offer new content.. MXM its a low budget game They will continue to bleed to community they are generating from all their other games.. to assume they do not have the latest technology already.. is kind of pointless. Any game is only as good as the technology that allows people to use game. For man users.. its the user side of technology that is the issue. Running a high FPS game on a PC that was has technoloy of 5-10 years ago and expect it to run any latest game on nominal settings..  makes me snicker a little.. use that Dodge Colt to run a Indy 500.

My internet is the fastest money can buy.. in the US. My PC can run any game on max settings currently available and maintain 90-120 fps.. no complaints here.. 

The main problems is not actually the physical servers, but the net code. Take it as the game is running on your computer, but the server is also running programs, and those programs are badly optimised. So even if they bought some crazy servers, it wouldn't change much sadly. They actually talked about that said optimisation when they released the 64 bits client a while ago, nothing about it since then...

20 hours ago, crowtor said:

If you had a choice between earning additional 10k a year or having great servers for a game you don't play, which one would you choose?

Do you have an idea how many players quit the game due to lag and bad servers? THOUSANDS. 
Now imagine how much more money you could have.

You're terrible at business, glad you're not the owner.

• 2 months later...

games arent an investment, its a grab as much as fast as possible and move onto the next one. Makes sense to me, it's boring to play the same game over and over again.

"Now imagine how much more money you could have."

When you choose servers you have a choice eg pay 10k vs 20k if you pay 10k you immidiately save 10k , thats real money. What you're talking about is imaginative money.

9 hours ago, Egoist00 said:

[moderated]

well he have the point, thats the reality for most mmo rigth now they are done to be milked to death and move to the next one..specially wen the yare hosted by huge bad companies, even in the console world 70% of the game now are pure bullshit, franchises that used to be so great now are the shadows of their glory days.

Some game companies care so much about milking player that relase content whiout the proper cheeck/test this end in an big ball of bugs/glitch wich never will be fixed.

In BnS for example we have the WL combat bug that was never fixed, some new people to this class dont know how to unstuck it and just escape or force the party to escape making us lose time it happen me a lot latelly in pugs.

Archived