My thought on the Soul Badge event.

Alysha Hawkeye

tl:nr: It sucks.

Here is my rant:

-Fleeting badges are RNG. You cannot choose a specific badge that you want to try out. So you might get 10 chest per day, wanna try the green badge, but only to get red and green badges.

-Fleeting badges expire even you don't equip them. Honestly, one hour expiration is too short to actually experience it in F12 and dungeon runs.

-Fleeting badges when expired only worth one copper, which is kinda disappointing.

-The permanent badge chest looks like a cheaper solution with half of ToI tokens requirement. However, it only works for red tokens (most useless badges) and blue tokens (cuz the blue season just ends recently), cuz they are cheap enough. If you want a green badge, prepare to spend over 600g. Yeah, green badge is high demand and low supply, so it is hella expensive even at half of the requirement.

-There are only three colors of ToI badges to try around. No Floor 20.

-The outfit suck on male, even male Lyn. Who wear shorts in an outfit like that.

What I think NCSoft should have done:

-There should be a way to get the Fleeting badge of your choice, if you are so unlucky that you cannot get what you want. 5-10 pearl for one you want is reasonable.

-Fleeting badge should last for 24 hours if you make them expire without equipping. Or you can keep it three hour, but timer only ticks in upon equip. All fleeting badges expire upon the end of the event to prevent players stocking them up for long-term usage.

-Expired badges should be able to salvage for pearl tickets to exchange for pearl at the ratio of 5:1 or 10:1 for one-two extra pearl per day

-Pearls should be able to exchange for ToI tokens too. At the end of event, you should have at least 450-500 pearls providing you grind all chest per day. That should worth at least a permanent chest without extra gold spending. So yeah, make it possible to trade 10 pearl per ToI token with color of choice. It will help alleviate the low supply of green badges, make it more accessible to players who don't have time to participate in the event.

-Would be great to have Floor 20 variant too.

-The outfit should have longer pants, lol

Agree with you mostly... but not on the pearl exchange for expired badges. When KR ran the event you could salvage the fleeting badge for token fragments so you could actually get the badge you wanted if you ran the event dungeons enough. Of course we can't have any reasonable grind even during events, so we have this steaming pile of an event system where new players will have to spend 600g+ to get their classes' useful badges.

I swear these events are picked using a random drawing from a "stupid ideas for game events" box.

Eh, I think it's mostly a good event.

I can understand Purple Badges not having Pearl discount given that we only just got them.
However I would really love to see Yellow Badges(F20) there though. Those are incredibly tedious and time consuming to farm even with good gear. I would be willing to bet that most decently geared people don't even see farming 45, let alone 60 Beads as reasonable option.

last event in peach zone is best, i want more Celestial basin events, if combining this event is more great if he put 1 crystal on doing quest 5, youdo 3 quests reset and again, but rotation of all dungeons (again rotation event) its boring and sucks

11 hours ago, Meginb said:

When KR ran the event you could salvage the fleeting badge for token fragments so you could actually get the badge you wanted if you ran the event dungeons enough. Of course we can't have any reasonable grind even during events, so we have this steaming pile of an event system where new players will have to spend 600g+ to get their classes' useful badges.

You see, THAT solution of salvaging was perfect.

Why don't we have the same here ? it feels like another whale based event. Special discount for whales only.

Celestial basin was fully whale based at the beginning then they changed it thankfully and it became "the best event".

Having 700g (yeah its 700g depending on market fluctuation) to spend in almost the only useful badge for new and even non whale players is too much for something that is just an extra and will grant you nothing more than little smoother gameplay or damage. But you win nothing else behind, if u don't have the ap required to do instances or raid NOBODY WILL GIVE A *cricket* that you have the best soul badge of the earth and that it costed you an arm and a leg.

To sum up, be a whale again or ****

Archived