Tower of Infinity.... Why so hard?

Apuh

I understand the fact we need a challenge in this game but, as the title says, why TOI is so freaking hard and unfair? What's the point?

Those bots have impossible combos, sometimes there's nothing you can do and they do things like WHAAAT? Infinite cc, infinite tab escape and infinite grab. 

I think there is a wall between challenge and totally unfair gameplay. And this is unfair as ****. Worst then all, you must do it daily to get your badges... another dumb thing. We rly need other alway to get badges because that thing is a killing machine who only makes you have a breakdown.

Talking with my cla mates, they said: "The fun of TOI is the challenge bla bla bla and you need to practice hard and GET GOOD". Rly? How fun is going there and die with a 100% combo or being stuck in a battle against FM who freeze yourself each 10secs or try to find a sin who keep invisible 100% of the time?

I just want my ****** badge /rage

What do you guys think about it?

It is getting harder compared to before because more and more people have raven gears now. There is big gap of DPS between players with raven gears and players without them. If they don't change the TOI NPC's skills, people could reach floor 100 easily without any challenge.

3 hours ago, FrozenB said:

It is getting harder compared to before because more and more people have raven gears now. There is big gap of DPS between players with raven gears and players without them. If they don't change the TOI NPC's skills, people could reach floor 100 easily without any challenge.

I think there is a better way to do it other than essentially removing skill cooldowns from the ai though.

ToI has the most artificial difficulty in the game.

As a FM main, I'll give you my two cents from the FM perspective.

Assassins literally never use their counter until they see you use Blazing or Frost palm, or basically anything that isn't Inferno, Impact, or Blazing Beam. Otherwise, they perfectly counter any other projectile thrown at them, and instantly pop their escape when they're gripped. Then there's the fact that it's an assassin and it has way too many CCs and can spend 75% of the match in stealth, even with the recent "nerf" to assassins.

Destroyers never seem to use their fury until they see you use your escape, something that most destroyers tend to do anyway, but the fact that they dish out more than enough punishment to kill anyone here in a matter of seconds is really telling. Then there's all the other obnoxious annoyance of it being a destroyer. The timed spin parries, the near instant reaction times, the extremely forgiving nature of the class and so on.

But here's the deal, here's the thing that really bothers me: BLADE MASTERS

If you want to see how ridiculous the AI in ToI is, then play as a FM against a Block Master, because they can literally block any attack just as fast as you send the projectile at them. Sure they get bugged at some point and let you wreck them, but if the purpose of ToI was to train PVP skills, it's not doing a good job of it.

Overall, Tower of Infinity serves no purpose in the game. It doesn't encourage good PVP tactics, it doesn't really help you in PVE, and it's far from useful for training for Open World PVP. Nothing about it is beneficial, because the AI doesn't behave as it should in an actual PVP match. The methods of which the AI uses doesn't work in an actual PVP match, and for the most part is just utterly pointless. 

Yeah Tower of Infinity is complete asinine.

Rather than invoking fun and accomplishment for reaching a victory, all you are left with is a void filled with frustration and sheer despair.

Having a high ping doesn't help and only adds to the ridiculousness that are the AI Bots.

If the event wasn't linked to the Tower of Insanity, I wouldn't even be there. It does nothing for your enjoyment of the game but only detracts from it.

TOI is only good, when you want see, what skills other classes have. What they can do. And what your own class is missing and should be changed.

When you realy want try it, you get very fast the feeling to throw your keyboard against a wall. Especially as FM against this permanetly god-mode npc.

You want only the badge? The daily Event box?
Play only Floor 2-4 for it.
At Floor 2-3, wait until you see the timer less than 1 min. Then beat him.
Floor 4 attack fast like always. (3 wins finished)
The next Floor, remove Soulshield and weapon, start, and let him beat you.

For the other merchant-badge, i don't care. My nerves are more important than this.

Wait a few month, ncsoft changes the game again and you get it for 10 gold, or something like this.

Any AI that reacts to player input in under the average human reaction time is broken and cheap. Making AI is too much work, so they just make them cheat because they are lazy. It's the same thing in fighting games like Tekken/DOA etc.

It's not fun, it's not engaging and the ONLY thing it does is make you stop playing. Not a single person enjoys TOI that I've ever seen. They do it because they MUST, not because they WANT to. If that's not a broken system, I don't know what is. To do better in TOI you need good gear but to actually GET gear to be able to do it in a reasonable fashion, you need the tokens from there so once you have the badge you want, and are better able to do it, you no longer have any reason to do it.

I have no problem doing the 3 wins for the daily on my sub 700ap hm7  Soul Fighter character at all, and I have 0 incentive to even try after that.

ToI bots seem have instant reaction not cuz of zero ping.

But cuz they are programmed to receive the player's command input when the command is sent to the server side, I believe.

For example, if you press LMB as a FM, the server will both record your input and send the data to the bot at the same time. Since they are programmed to react in a certain way, they will instantly execute their reaction when receiving the data the same time your input is recorded. For example, a Des bot will make a perfect deflect spin despite the LMB is made at point-blank range. 

The feels when you play fm and the sin dodges everyone of your skills like a god and even walks in a manner that cannot allow you to target him. Even when you try to bait he doesn't follow (thanks stupid reaction time) like a pvp boy would do.

The thing that broke my will is when I tried to stun a sin and he instant dodge it with his ss. lol SS faster that stun ?

It also happened with a bm, with the tornado, the second I pushed my button I saw RESIST and another insta god ss...

The feels when you also get deflected point blank by a destro who was in the middle of his combo and keeps doing it right after like nothing happened.

If it wasn't for the badges, fck this. You need to be a whale to go further its almost fully gear based.

Not to mention my 200+ ping and the fact that I get 2/3 sec freeze at every start...

13 minutes ago, Zedonia said:

WL is one of the free wins for FM. Just dont spam skills when he is facing you or you will parry-stunned all day.

so i grab then wait till i drop them on the ground to get behind but somehow, I'm the one who is in the air. i normally stay in lower floors with my FM just to avoid the cancer. but i got carried away and ended up starting at 39th floor already. and with crap gears I have on my FM, 50 and higher floors are like impossible to do. 

Archived