Need help with new everything since Feb 2016

DanteRage

Hi all, I was wondering if I could get some help with my lvl 31 blade master character, last time I logged in other than today was in Feb of 2016. What type of new things were implemented? How do I do the soul shard fusion? Hongmoon accessory fusions(they are level 5, which is the max for me)? What type of effects for skills would be best for a PvE blade master(I used to be able to solo the Golden Deva enemy, now i die when it has 1/4 hp left)?

Also, if there are any guilds that do a lot of instances, but aren't into the whole Guild v. Guild drama(last game I played regularly really turned me off of MMO's because an opposing guild took the game way too seriously), it would be appreciated if I knew which ones were which.

Thank you in advance for helping me out.

Edit: I seriously do not remember much of anything about this game other than how the combat system is, and even that makes me hesitate because I cant remember what skills combo into other skills

To do soul shield fusion, you now need the "soul shield primers" from the soul warden crafting group. I don't remember if you can actually even fusion low level should shields anymore, but basically you shouldn't worry about it until you have lvl50 soul shields.

Weapon and accessory upgrading and evolution has completely changed. You'll get the new evolving weapon, "Ivorymoon weapon", around lvl45 when you reach silver frost mountains. If you still have an old weapon, there should be a salvage symbol on it, salvaging it will give you a stronger weapon. All other lower level weapons are now gained from quests and the purple weapons from dungeons.

Accessory evolution only really exists when you get to legendary accessories. You'll get all your accessories from story quests. Legendary accessories drop in very specific high level dungeons. If you still have the old evolving accessories, you can still evolve them, but it's up to you if you think it's worth the cost.

Overall exp gain from the story has been increased, I think you'll be around lvl50 hm6+ by the time you done. Finishing the current story will give you many many items for free, such as pet aura, moonwater soul, 3 flawless sparkling hexagonal gems and lots of evolution materials. When you reach lvl50 make sure to spend your attack/defense points, you'll get more as you gain more hongmoon levels.

I think that's the general gist of things, can't remember anything else. I don't know anything about blade masters either.

Not a BM main but for PVE since the last patch lightning is the best choice, its more difficult to use that fire but does a shit tone of dmg. If you want a good build visit https://bnstree.com/skill/BM, there you have different builds for pve,  pvp and leveling from the comunity. But for the rotation you will need to look at guides,  in youtube there are some good ones. 

On 17.6.2017 at 3:01 PM, Dioron said:

Not a BM main but for PVE since the last patch lightning is the best choice, its more difficult to use that fire but does a shit tone of dmg. If you want a good build visit https://bnstree.com/skill/BM, there you have different builds for pve,  pvp and leveling from the comunity. But for the rotation you will need to look at guides,  in youtube there are some good ones. 

I don't know how you got this idea, lightning got buffed this patch so they are finally close, but overall it's still not worth the effort. Fire still scales better with buffs and with gear, and will take the lead once more when we get gear from the next raid.

From what I've heard, Lightning build is indeed stronger with max KR gear.

And even here in F12, without elemental gear, Lightning does more damage for me. It just depends on your ping - ani-cancel speed.

Just check the damage between 1 lightning blade + honed slash and 1 DT

Archived