When to cleave spam?

Cobalt Winter

Hi guys, 

I recently checked out this video:

I see that this guy is spamming cleave a lot. How can he spam it so much without losing too much focus? Even after mighty cleave, I can't spam cleave that much. It's probably the weapon effect right? Is there any way to see when it procs, besides from watching the focus bar?

You want to spam cleave as much as possible, if you have raven/dawnforged/riftwalk during the reset period you get focus regen, also during soul/pet procs.  Using Q to get 200 focus usually makes it easily possible with focus reset procs.  I generally only start animation cancel again under 50 focus.

7 hours ago, TJXX said:

You want to spam cleave as much as possible, if you have raven/dawnforged/riftwalk during the reset period you get focus regen, also during soul/pet procs.  Using Q to get 200 focus usually makes it easily possible with focus reset procs.  I generally only start animation cancel again under 50 focus.

Hi thanks for your reply.

I know that I need to cleave spam as much as possible, but the question is when do you do it without losing too much focus? Im at balefull stage 6 atm so I don't have raven resets and I only have stage 1 soul and stage 1 pet aura.

8 hours ago, Cobalt Winter said:

Hi thanks for your reply.

I know that I need to cleave spam as much as possible, but the question is when do you do it without losing too much focus? Im at balefull stage 6 atm so I don't have raven resets and I only have stage 1 soul and stage 1 pet aura.

15 hours ago, TJXX said:

Using Q to get 200 focus usually makes it easily possible with focus reset procs.  I generally only start animation cancel again under 50 focus.

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 5:51 AM, Cnupo said:

But aren't we doing more damage with ani-canceling than with spamming cleave only? Cleave cast speed seems to be the same, but you also get LMB hit.

Cleave is WAY faster without LMB involved.

3 hours ago, TJXX said:

Cleave is WAY faster without LMB involved.

Although I also usually spam cleave as much as I can because my ani-cancelling sucks, but I am not so sure about that. It seems to me ani-cancelling is faster, but because it is very hard to do it perfectly over a long time. Maybe that's why you think spamming cleave is better? At least that is why I think spamming cleave is better, but if possible I would stick to ani-cancelling.

Archived