AmatsuDF

Blackwyrm being removed

Recommended Posts

AmatsuDF   

According to the news, in a few weeks, Blackwyrm will be removed. Why? There is absolutely no reason for NCSoft to do this...then again, NCSoft only cares about money, not players. Removing content is the worst mistake a MMO company can even do. This change, along with the future one of 24 man raids becoming 12, is a sign of a dying game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kx7   

Something I don't want to believe but that seems odly possible from NCSoft, is that they decided to make the raid 12 players because of the fact that many ppl can't do it with the lag they have. Blade and soul not being an optimized game, it seems likely they would actually do something like that, instead of investing in the game optimisation. I wish I'm wrong on this one, but hey, we know NCSoft.

 

As for the Wyrm, it trully is a shame that they would decide to take it out. Now my question is ; does the Wyrm still exist in kr/tw etc ? If it doesn't then it  was only following a plan that was decided a while ago. If it's does I wish NCWest would step to the mic and explain themself. We do a Wyrm every so often on the FR servers for the fun of it. It was our first real WB and it'ld sadden lots of ppl to not be able to pay it a visit whenever they feel like it.

 

EDIT : Lmao those ppl "it's useless to have" Well then let's just remove all the side dungeons that are not part of the story line ! Also why not actually remove EVERYTHING that is not part of the story quests until the latest areas ? We don't need them after all !

Edited by Kx7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Kx7 said:

Something I don't want to believe but that seems odly possible from NCSoft, is that they decided to make the raid 12 players because of the fact that many ppl can't do it with the lag they have. Blade and soul not being an optimized game, it seems likely they would actually do something like that, instead of investing in the game optimisation. I wish I'm wrong on this one, but hey, we know NCSoft.

 

As for the Wyrm, it trully is a shame that they would decide to take it out. Now my question is ; does the Wyrm still exist in kr/tw etc ? If it doesn't then it  was only following a plan that was decided a while ago. If it's does I wish NCWest would step to the mic and explain themself. We do a Wyrm every so often on the FR servers for the fun of it. It was our first real WB and it'ld sadden lots of ppl to not be able to pay it a visit whenever they feel like it.

 

EDIT : Lmao those ppl "it's useless to have" Well then let's just remove all the side dungeons that are not part of the story line ! Also why not actually remove EVERYTHING that is not part of the story quests until the latest areas ? We don't need them after all !

I mean yeah they are pretty useless. Like they are just there for a new player to fell like there is stuff to do. There is no point in doing outdated content.  No one is going to run any Blue dungeons unless they are part of the daily. Wyrm was cool to have put he might come back in later open world PVP content. Ethereal Batlegrounds is a faction area we never got . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wataru   

Content that only one faction can complete should NOT have existed in the first place. It removal is really late.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hexipoo   
54 minutes ago, ClairFarron said:

I mean yeah they are pretty useless. Like they are just there for a new player to fell like there is stuff to do. There is no point in doing outdated content.  No one is going to run any Blue dungeons unless they are part of the daily. Wyrm was cool to have put he might come back in later open world PVP content. Ethereal Batlegrounds is a faction area we never got . 

Yeah, cause new players would never want to do achievements or farm outfits or anything cause nobody has any use for achievement points or outfits.

 

Do you even think for a nanosecond before you post?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was removed from TW a few months ago, i don't know about CN or KR but if TW removed it I have a feeling that the others did as well. Tw as well there is no point to even be in misty woods after 50 cause the quest there no longer give soul stones as rewards if you have started in on the HM levels. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spin2win   
2 hours ago, Kx7 said:

 

 

EDIT : Lmao those ppl "it's useless to have" Well then let's just remove all the side dungeons that are not part of the story line ! Also why not actually remove EVERYTHING that is not part of the story quests until the latest areas ? We don't need them after all !

Nah, just blackwyrm. Terrible suggestion though. 

Edited by Spin2win

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Britt   

A little torn on this issue. I wanted to do BW, but could never find people, my clan didn't want to do it, and people would always complain that the "blues" would be out there or come to ruin it. So I'm sad that I didn't get to experience it, but glad I will be able to get the outfit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LiriC   
1 hour ago, Britt said:

A little torn on this issue. I wanted to do BW, but could never find people, my clan didn't want to do it, and people would always complain that the "blues" would be out there or come to ruin it. So I'm sad that I didn't get to experience it, but glad I will be able to get the outfit.

you didn't miss much.

Back in the day it was a real thing were it was killed in CD, but after that it faded in to nothing, it was very rare to get the good stuff from it's drop, from what I remember you could get a ring ? can't remember, but it was so rare I didn't even see someone have it.

 

I've been back for 2 months now, and I've seen it die only once... so.. not that worth it now is it, it's just "there" doing nothing... with a lot of hp that no one bothers.

I don't rly mind them taking it out since I don't even go in misty woods anymore, what's the point ? for what.. 10 soulstones ? neah. go in SSP.. and that's that.

 

You guys might not want it deleted but look at the chart.. there like what.. 5 people that want it and 500 people that don't even know who the boss is..  is there even a point in talking about who wins ? and there are the people that know it and just don't care about it.

 

 

Let's move on and not think about it since you need either a lot of people to kill it, or 10/12 people with good ap that wont come because they farm Sanctum... I know what I would farm...  Sanctum.. better to have a chance to get either money or the bracelet then nothing or a bad ring that has no value.

 

Move on.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LiriC   
4 minutes ago, SoulsHunter said:

@LiriCIt's not like it will kill anyone even if it remains though, don't understand the logic that it should be removed because YOU don't fight it. In fact you just gave a reason why it should not be removed, because OTHER people still fight it. Does it bothers anyone if it is there? Those that wants to fight it will organise a party and go fight it. If no one is fighting it will someone dies?

BNS needs resources ...  that's the best logic I got for it getting removed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@LiriCIt's not like it will kill anyone even if it remains though, don't understand the logic that it should be removed because YOU don't fight it. In fact you just gave a reason why it should not be removed, because OTHER people still fight it. Does it bothers anyone if it is there? Those that wants to fight it will organise a party and go fight it. If no one is fighting it will someone dies?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hexipoo said:

Yeah, cause new players would never want to do achievements or farm outfits or anything cause nobody has any use for achievement points or outfits.

 

Do you even think for a nanosecond before you post?

The achievement will probably be removed because there is no reasoning why an achievement that cannot be obtained should remain in the game. Also it will be still possible to get the outfit, just not from the Wyrm itself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quantum   

I think they should just keep it there, change it to an evolved monster, and put guaranteed evolved stones in the chest. Then it won't be dead content anymore. I'd rather do blackwyrm than SSP or waiting for BBBB to spawn for evolved stones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bikfutt   
3 hours ago, LiriC said:

 

 

Let's move on and not think about it since you need either a lot of people to kill it, or 10/12 people with good ap that wont come because they farm Sanctum... I know what I would farm...  Sanctum.. better to have a chance to get either money or the bracelet then nothing or a bad ring that has no value.

 

 

 

 

actually u wont Need 12 People, sins can pretty much solo blackwyrm due to him not having truesight, which means if u want to kill it, get a sin to make his hp low, jump just in to hit for the rest doing the dmg threshold u need and boom u got your very own blackwyrm kill solo/duo :D and u dont Need too op of a sin, mine was 830ap and i could solo it, took some time to killl it around 10 or 15 minutes ,buuut  was fun :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alesthra   

Finally. I never had time to clear it on weekends. Also never found group for it. So at least I will be able to get outfit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My clan killed BW at least 2-4 times a day and it really sucks that they're removing it it was some awesome clan fun. plus the ammount of Naksun badges for the White Moon was so op

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Hexipoo said:

Yeah, cause new players would never want to do achievements or farm outfits or anything cause nobody has any use for achievement points or outfits.

 

Do you even think for a nanosecond before you post?

Blackwyrm is outdated content that takes too many people at too specific a time to complete and doesn't give any useful rewards reliably. It's a ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing scam, too. Keys cost 2-4g on mp for nothing worth your time, much less your money. The outfit will be in an NPC shop, which is far better. As for the blue dungeon removal, yeah, I say go for it. Put the outfits in NPC shops like achievement merchant in Zaiwei and stuff them into existing purple dungeons with a higher outfit drop rate, or better yet, simply use the blue versions of non-heroic dungeons as story quest dungeons, and then increase the difficulty of the repeatable version, with some good rewards to boot. Nearly everything you get from a blue dungeon is just a waste of inventory space. I don't even pick up the dynamic quest rewards anymore. The fact is that at the moment, blue dungeons are simply wasted development resources because nobody gives a ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ about repeating them unless they're part of the daily challenge. This whole system needs to be reworked from some angle. The concept of consistently outdating your own content (aka not updating it) downplays development effort and it's a net negative for everyone. Think about the wealth of content that this game could have right now with just one new selectable dungeon difficulty level that upscales the enemy stats and loot tables of outdated content to fit the desires of level cap players. Then maybe this game could feel like an actual world instead of celestial basin, zaiwei, khanda vihar and that's it.

Edited by Daggerpaw1
more stuff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tinge   

Now its time to upgrade Ak bul. Or remove Ak bul and replace him with a Vermillion Terror, or Sapphire Terror !

 

Edited by Tinge
Who cares

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Xiaoyen   

I did blackwyrm long ago when Old Man Cho was still crimson paradise. I have a blackwyrm staff. I never figured out what it was for... just cosmetic? It is pretty hideous tbh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FrozenB   

Nowadays, people still do blackwyrm for what?

 

People did blackwyrm for the chests to have a chance to open valuable gems and costumes back in the old days.

 

Now, the costume from the box can be purchased directly from a NPC (somewhere). The gems from the box are pretty useless because the gems from events are way better than them now (plus, the RNG to open gems from the box was very low anyways).

 

I don't see why people are crying over blackwyrm being removed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wiri   
3 hours ago, FrozenB said:

Nowadays, people still do blackwyrm for what?

 

People did blackwyrm for the chests to have a chance to open valuable gems and costumes back in the old days.

 

Now, the costume from the box can be purchased directly from a NPC (somewhere). The gems from the box are pretty useless because the gems from events are way better than them now (plus, the RNG to open gems from the box was very low anyways).

 

I don't see why people are crying over blackwyrm being removed?

Sometime, its not just about loot.

It can be mean for group of new player to actually "group together" with more than 6 members to do things .

 

Main quest is a long solo stuff

And Nowadays, all of dungeon mostly can be done via F8 with random party, no talk, no communication, simply run to the end kill the boss and get out.

 

New player definitely not like experienced player, we already knew we don't need to do anything much at low level and just need to rush as fast as we can to higher level to join current dungeon content. We have more than year to explore everything in this game, 45 content, 50 content, HM level, and so on and keep moving on.

 

But they are new player, they running the quest and they see a freaking big dragon stand on top of the hill with a huge HP pool, that building an interesting and curious for them.

Don't you feel the same? Remember back then what is your first impression when you recognize there is an actual big boss in Misty Wood that seem impossible to take down by solo or group of 6 members with 300~400 AP.

 

Some people start to call for a group of player, some just silent but interesting when someone talk about BW in faction chat.

 

--------------------------------------------

And you know what,

 

Actually there is a group of new player calling in faction chat couple days ago talking about they want to do BW.

They want to know what they can do, what they can get, how they can do and so on.

I was surprise, and told them there isn't have any much benefit from killing BW, just focus on main quest and moving on but later I feel bad about it, cause they just look like me before when I first knew the existence of BW.

 

So I decided to help them by tanking BW.

First only couple show up, but when the BW down to 70%, 50%, they know they can take him down and keep calling more people to join in faction, just like us before.

More lower level showing up and no surprise, we took BW down and they seem to be very happy about it.

 

Some said "See, we can do it".

I feel weird because come on, of course we can do it with 600~1000 AP team and also with a tank.

Back then we only have 300~400 AP, and tank is not that good as it now...

 

But when I think twice, I feel like I understand how they feel at that moment.

 

--------------------------------------------

I don't know, for me tanking BW become one of my memory, back to the day when red and blue still have war, it's headache, dramatic, and pain when you die and get nothing after lots of effort, but still there is some moment it make you feel you just did something fancy with a raid group, feel satisfy and realize you can do bigger thing than this.

 

Sometime its not just loot, it may mean for experience for new player or something else like memo for people like me.

 

Removing BW just like they removing all of blue dungeon, all ghost city, and just need to keep Zaiwei, Basin, Khanda. really much like mobile game, where only have one city and dungeon.

 

I'm happy when we don't depend on faction stuff like BW, ssp anymore but again I don't know, just feel bad

 

Edited by Wiri

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FrozenB   
1 hour ago, Wiri said:

Sometime, its not just about loot.

It can be mean for group of new player to actually "group together" with more than 6 members to do things .

 

Main quest is a long solo stuff

And Nowadays, all of dungeon mostly can be done via F8 with random party, no talk, no communication, simply run to the end kill the boss and get out.

 

New player definitely not like experienced player, we already knew we don't need to do anything much at low level and just need to rush as fast as we can to higher level to join current dungeon content. We have more than year to explore everything in this game, 45 content, 50 content, HM level, and so on and keep moving on.

 

But they are new player, they running the quest and they see a freaking big dragon stand on top of the hill with a huge HP pool, that building an interesting and curious for them.

Don't you feel the same? Remember back then what is your first impression when you recognize there is an actual big boss in Misty Wood that seem impossible to take down by solo or group of 6 members with 300~400 AP.

 

Some people start to call for a group of player, some just silent but interesting when someone talk about BW in faction chat.

 

--------------------------------------------

And you know what,

 

Actually there is a group of new player calling in faction chat couple days ago talking about they want to do BW.

They want to know what they can do, what they can get, how they can do and so on.

I was surprise, and told them there isn't have any much benefit from killing BW, just focus on main quest and moving on but later I feel bad about it, cause they just look like me before when I first knew the existence of BW.

 

So I decided to help them by tanking BW.

First only couple show up, but when the BW down to 70%, 50%, they know they can take him down and keep calling more people to join in faction, just like us before.

More lower level showing up and no surprise, we took BW down and they seem to be very happy about it.

 

Some said "See, we can do it".

I feel weird because come on, of course we can do it with 600~1000 AP team and also with a tank.

Back then we only have 300~400 AP, and tank is not that good as it now...

 

But when I think twice, I feel like I understand how they feel at that moment.

 

--------------------------------------------

I don't know, for me tanking BW become one of my memory, back to the day when red and blue still have war, it's headache, dramatic, and pain when you die and get nothing after lots of effort, but still there is some moment it make you feel you just did something fancy with a raid group, feel satisfy and realize you can do bigger thing than this.

 

Sometime its not just loot, it may mean for experience for new player or something else like memo for people like me.

 

Removing BW just like they removing all of blue dungeon, all ghost city, and just need to keep Zaiwei, Basin, Khanda. really much like mobile game, where only have one city and dungeon.

 

I'm happy when we don't depend on faction stuff like BW, ssp anymore but again I don't know, just feel bad

 

Personally, I don't gain any interest. I only did blackwyrm like 3-5 times. Most of the time, we had to deal with the opposite faction players too because whenever people called for help in faction chat, the other faction players will come and disturb and farm the players.

 

Whatever. Just stick with the new content and continue to play. If you don't like it, then switch game. That's all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now