How do I craft things?

Milennin

I joined 2 crafting guilds, but they require materials from more gathering guilds than I can join at a time. I don't get why it restricts people to 2 guilds when you need more than that to make stuff. Is crafting worth it at all?

To encourage trading and socializing. As for whether or not it's worth it - not really, unless it's something you like doing. You can make profit from certain professions but most of them are pretty useless or outdated.

Since many of the crafting guilds need mats from more than 2 gathering guilds you either have to buy them or create an alt who just crafts.  As to whether it is profitable, that depends.  If my Radiant Ring crafters can craft a hex ap diamond, that's 15g right there, and I can craft needed primers and Empyrean Spirit Charms which are around 150g if I bought them from the market.  The stuff that I can craft and not have to buy adds up.

• 1 month later...
On 6/9/2017 at 5:22 PM, Milennin said:

I joined 2 crafting guilds, but they require materials from more gathering guilds than I can join at a time. I don't get why it restricts people to 2 guilds when you need more than that to make stuff. Is crafting worth it at all?

The restriction is there to create a demand in the market ( short cut F5) that way as a crafter u make stuff that others cant and they use F5 market to buy the mats and vise versa.

Archived