can we remove the ability to jump in arena

Ramodin

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, jumping just adds another level of complexity that is unneeded. Possibly adding a mechanic that prevents players from jumping while in combat would be the solution to this issue. I know what Ramodin is talking about when it comes to desyncing. When you have 112ms (according to in-game latency report) it is damn near impossible to properly hit the enemy without something ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing up. It's genuinely annoying, and the servers are just too unstable to handle another layer of complexity like jumping.

Trust me, I have Google Fiber and live in Kansas. The servers are in Dallas, Texas. The distance between me and the servers is so short that I should have 8ms, but I get 112ms. I can guarantee you it is not my ISP.

45 minutes ago, BeemerWT said:

Honestly, jumping just adds another level of complexity that is unneeded. Possibly adding a mechanic that prevents players from jumping while in combat would be the solution to this issue. I know what Ramodin is talking about when it comes to desyncing. When you have 112ms (according to in-game latency report) it is damn near impossible to properly hit the enemy without something ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing up. It's genuinely annoying, and the servers are just too unstable to handle another layer of complexity like jumping.

Trust me, I have Google Fiber and live in Kansas. The servers are in Dallas, Texas. The distance between me and the servers is so short that I should have 8ms, but I get 112ms. I can guarantee you it is not my ISP.

that 112 is a fake ms. In game report is bugged. 

I get 140ms in game.
real measurements are around 15-20ms with spikes to 35ms.

The in-game measure is for latency, which is much more useful. ping is only good for seeing if something is up. Latency is a measure of how long it takes for you to send a command, have the command processed by the server and the result returned to your client.

On 6/22/2017 at 10:42 AM, Shuchin said:

112 ms in game is about as good as you can get. Korea doesn't have any better.

Jumping to avoid attacks is normal defensive play, maybe you rather practice to do it yourself. -_^

It's not defensive play. It's abuse of desync, especially against meele classes as a ranged one. If ncsoft could provide decent servers for pvp, you would jump all you want which make you no favor at all. The game does not provide any advantage by jumping on it's core, the crap server does. This is just retarded, can even compete with aura kingdom's. I am not blaming anyone jumping though, everyone is trying to get any advantage they can. If i was ranged, i would smash the space-bar myself ...

Archived