New player questions

Milennin

Hello,

I just started playing, and I have a few questions about the game.

-Is there a way to make the ingame Game Guide work? It shows a blank page, and then says "Cannot display page." In the chat it gives me a System message: "External links are not allowed."

-Where is the friends window? I checked all the icons at the bottom, but there doesn't seem to be one for friends?

-Is the Vault unable to transfer over items to another character? Normally, systems like these are for the whole account, but I couldn't see my items that I put in on my other character.

-Is it worth spending real money on the game? What are the best-bang-for-your-buck deals? Are there any must-buy deals that greatly improve the experience?

-What are things a new player should absolutely know about?

1) Im not sure about the ingame guides, I never needed one. If you think its a bug, try sending a ticket with some screenshots or videos regarding that issue to the support and they will fix it.

2) F4

3) You can mail items that are tradable or account bound to your alts. There is no shared vault ingame, it was long removed because you dont really need it. (PS: if you have problems sending items to your alts via mail, send a ticket to support and they will enable it for you, mailing to other characters outside of your account still requires you to buy ncoins at least once on any of their games (not only to bns))

4) Its totally up to you. You can be a monster without spending money, or you can be a monster with spending tons of money, its totally up to you. But have in mind, even if you are a monster, you need to have a strong knowledge of your class and the game to somewhat back up the power you have, Ive seen more than enough 1000ap people who doesnt put even half of the dmg I can pull out.

5) You MUST know your class in details, you MUST know all dungeon mechanics in details. OPTIONAL for pvp, you need to know all classes abilities if you want to climb high.

10 minutes ago, NightFer said:

5) You MUST know your class in details, you MUST know all dungeon mechanics in details. OPTIONAL for pvp, you need to know all classes abilities if you want to climb high.

Is this one of those MMOs with parties that refuse to let new players on, so basically new players need experience to learn the dungeon, but it's impossible to find a party to learn the dungeon because everyone is looking for people with experience?

20 minutes ago, Milennin said:

Is this one of those MMOs with parties that refuse to let new players on, so basically new players need experience to learn the dungeon, but it's impossible to find a party to learn the dungeon because everyone is looking for people with experience?

I would say it's 50-50.

For the most part, no, you don't need to know, you can do 80% without knowing the mech and let other people do it for you, it's really easy, just stick to the highest lvl and do what he dose, people won't complain on all the instances up to "Asura" since you will get matched most of the time ( 90% ) with high lvl and that know what to do. and .. on all those dungeons you will learn the mech on your own in 2-3 runs...  plus now some mech is getting at that point that no one dose it because of the high ap  ( high dmg,  AP = attack power ) so they just nuke the boss to death before he even gets to pull a mech.

Now.. the other 20% are  Ebondrake , Desolate and Foundry , these 3 dungeons on 2 of them Ebondrake and Foundry people will request high dmg on Desolate they will require mech... the reason is because these dungeons have end game content. they drop leg. jewels and the bid starts by default at 100 gold. and for a new player that's a lot, adding another 100 g + mats that cost a lot to upgrade it so you can use it.   Ebondrake needs some mech, but now his easy to do in normal, but people will still ask for 700 / 750 ap.   Desolate here you need to learn the mech or else people will fail.. it's hard to pull if 3 or 4 people have no idea what to do.   and Foundry , the mech is easy, very easy and were the real problem here is damage , you need a lot of it and you do need 2 / 3 guys that are above 800 ap to pull it off.... I'm guessing... there are chances to fail.. a lot.. if people fail at tanking the first boss or fail at the second to do the simple mech.. and the last one.. in normal.. nuke him to death.

There is the last dungeon that you wont see getting yourself in for a very long time.. I would say 2 months if you play .. "hard mode" a.k.a 10 hours a day or more.. and 3-4 months if you do it casual... this is the last dungeon for 6 man  Naryu Sanctum were the boss wont care how much AP you have, you wont be able to nuke it down, you need to do the mech and have high AP to finish it in time were the AP request for this boss starts at 850 . so .. you have a long road to do... but.. don't stress to much about it because it's fine... and  the others.. you will be able to pull in a short amount of time.

In the 80% you just log in the cross-server and just find a party, in peak hours it takes around 10 sec to find a full party, early in the morning you might have to wait.. but still.. 1-2-3 mins . and that's that.

34 minutes ago, Milennin said:

For the hardest dungeons yes just because you can die very easily or cause party wipes if you dont do mechanics correctly and noone really likes carrying a dead person around, you pretty much dont contribute anything to the party if you are dead. There are plenty of guides and videos in the web. On the other hand you can find a good enough clan and run with them later on.

PS: Noone likes to teach people anymore since those dungeons have been out for ages.

Archived