Leveling Guide ?

Rouedkaross

Hey guys. I played a bit when the game came out but never went past lvl 45 and because of personal reasons i had to stop. Now i have all the time in the world so i was thinking or rerolling however with all the updates, the changes in the skill tree i think i might aswell start all over again.

Being a big Solo player i chose to go with a Sin (stealth is quite handy when you're alone from what i've heard and i like melees). I looked on google and youtube to find some guides and get some basic understanding of the class and i found more than 1.

However all are for high end game. I don't understand 3/4 of what is in it.

That's why i started looking for some leveling guides (Sin or not but better if it is) so i could understand better how things work (weapon for exemple i think at some point the hongmoon one will be changed i guess or the Soulshields/Bagua which one should i pick during my leveling until lvl max). I understand you guys have your habits for each new reroll but i have to say that i lack most of the basic knowledge.

In a year a lot have changed and i'm afraid of reading outdated things that's why I hope you can help me get a fresh and clean start.

Thanks

Welcome back. Right now, you don't need to upgrade anything through story mode until the last few levels, where you will get a weapon called Ivorymoon. From 1 to 45, story mode will reward you with slightly weaker but still level appropriate weapons and gear, enough to advance through it. Near the end of story (chapters 5 and up) Story mode quests will give you almost all the materials to upgrade the Ivorymoon weapon to Awakened Ivorymoon and up to True Ivorymoon. The only things you need to get by yourself are 3 Silverfrost transformation stones which you can easily get from the market. Story mode also gives you enough gold to buy them. Accessories from story mode cannot be upgraded, but you get a set of Sterling, Ivorymoon, then Lucent, which are good enough to start the first dungeons of end game with.

Other than that, the game itself now has something called HongMoon training arena. You access it through an icon in the lower menu. It presents you with combos and skills for you to perform and train. You start accessing it from level 15. From then on, new lessons are added at levels 25, 35 and 45. This won't teach you rotations, but you can learn some essential skills for your class.

As for soloing, right now any class can solo easily through story and some dailies. Sin is actually labeled as an expert class because for all those feats we hear people do with them about soloing the hardest dungeons, you need to maintain stealth pretty much 100% of the time, so you need to learn to flow from stealth trigger to stealth trigger effortlessly. Now, the other two classes I have personally found very easy to solo with are Summoner and Force Master. Summoner is a ridiculously safe class to play solo with, as your familiar has the ability to hold aggro for a few seconds and that ability has a very short cool down. Force master is, on the other hand, very easy to rack tons of damage with, even with low end gear. Plus is has good CC.

Hope this helps you on your journey.

Just now, Rouedkaross said:

In a year a lot have changed and i'm afraid of reading outdated things that's why I hope you can help me get a fresh and clean start.

Thanks

TLDR version

leveling post  2016 >> follow the yellow quest line

gear use what the quest line and the surveys gives you (optional: deva weapon and ss from cinderlands and profane weapon at lv42 - USE THE KEYS you get from the quest line/surveys and the essences on the wheels ) 

5 hours ago, Dotimus said:

TLDR version

leveling post  2016 >> follow the yellow quest line

gear use what the quest line and the surveys gives you (optional: deva weapon and ss from cinderlands and profane weapon at lv42 - USE THE KEYS you get from the quest line/surveys and the essences on the wheels ) 

This.

After the story quest the game becomes death by a thousand cuts due to the level grind.

Hey guys thanks a lot for your answers.

So you're saying that until Ivorymoon weapons and gear i should just upgrade the Hongmoon ones ?

What about Soulshields? Are there some easy to pick that can help me ?

Is there a reason for the rank 8 faction ?

Nvm gear when i started to play today i noticed that there were no Hongmoon gears anymore.  What about upgrade items in surveys should i sell them to the NPC ?

What about wheels ? Are they only for SS and skin now since you get weapon via storyline ?

Oh and from what you are saying doing Blue quests is useless? Should i really do ONLY Yellow(storyline) quests?

Just now, Rouedkaross said:

>>What about upgrade items in surveys should i sell them to the NPC ?

if the aren't better than what you have .... ya

>>What about wheels ? Are they only for SS and skin now since you get weapon via storyline ?

deva and profane  weapon boxes should be able to drops with the essences you get from the quest line/surveys (open with the brilliant keys you get) , you will get a nice boost in AP, but they are not required and you shouldn't need to waste time grinding them nor for the SS

>>Oh and from what you are saying doing Blue quests is useless? Should i really do ONLY Yellow(storyline) quests?

YES, unless you get stuck levling  ( you shouldnt be - and if so, do a couple of blues to level just when needed) there is no point in doing them

54 minutes ago, Dotimus said:

YES, unless you get stuck levling  ( you shouldnt be - and if so, do a couple of blues to level just when needed) there is no point in doing them

This is also what I meant about blues. If you need some more exp for a level, go for them. If not, skip. Full F2P account will get less exp but the difference isn't large enough to make you want to either get premium or hoarding all blue quests.

As for weapons and accessories, yes, hongmoon weapons and accessories were all removed. Now the quests give you level appropriate stuff. When reaching the scorching sands area, it's advised to get the gold deva weapon. It's not needed but it helps speed up your fights. Profane weapon is in my opinion less needed, because by the time you reach that area, you will be close to receive your Ivorymoon weapon. So if you use up your profane essences and get no weapon, just skip and do story until you get Ivorymoon, which will be given to you on your first visit to Mushin's tower.

Once you get Ivorymoon, only upgrade it up to level 5 until the story itself gives you the breakthrough weapon needed for 6 and up. Once you do that, upgrade up to 10, and wait again for the story to give you all the materials and breakthrough weapon for Awakened Ivorymoon. Once there, buy a silverfrost transformation stone from the market (or obtain it any other way) and upgrade your weapon. This will also happen for True Ivorymoon. The story will give you all mats. You only need the transform stones.

Archived