Currency Exchange broken again

Pusskramhaj

This whole thing leans on the lack of self awareness. If people stop giving in to their desires and remind themselves that this is nothing more than a little game, then stop giving away their time (in the form of gold in this particular scenario) like it's nothing, everybody else will have to adjust to this. Here's how this works - i we don't play into their event schemes, their event fails. A failed event means failed content provision. We really dislike failed or faulty content and they know that very well. It's also bad for business because technically we are the king on the play field (and this goes for any game). If the king leaves, the nation falls.

11 hours ago, LoliDolly said:

Scavengers? what gives you the right to assume that just because we focus more on free to play we dont spend money in this game. Granted some do. Some of us free to play players are premium players (i dont consider being premium pay to win)  and some of us do invest what we can ncoin although mostly limited. Im already Rank 10 with premium but thats taken me the last year plus some to get between limited cash ncoin as well as HMcoin spending and pretty much all of that goes to fashion stuff.

I dont believe in the pay to win path in any game to me that sucks all the enjoyment of WORKING HARD for your gear for your GOLD and what not. You see the complaint by many is we PUT THE TIME IN to make the GOLD. Sometimes hours and days so that we can upgrade our gear and other stuff. On occassion we dont have the funds to get these limited outfits or to enjoy certain events so we race to make more gold to sell. Well guess what the SELF ENTITLED WHALES want to pay for everything to win and have everyone else do the WORK for them. Last i checked people you know the one's you are calling scavengers that take the time to work for their gold just want a little bit back for what they put into the game. Workers get paid for their time. No on is asking for a 1:100 return were asking for something more reasonable like 1:8/10 return. Right now its flirting with 1:2/3 if it gets to 1:1 no one will bother giving away their gold except a very few. We sell gold for fashion and what not, the others buy gold for upgrades cause they dont wanna take the time to make the gold in the game. So we are the scavengers. Its funny how the rich or in this case whales always want to take advantage of everyone else. Must be nice having a lot of money and having everyone do the work for you...

-shrugs- sorry that just irked me when i saw you come out calling people you dont know scavengers and for what cause it made you feel good?

I can't get a straight read on where you are coming from.

On one hand you cry about low exchange rates, yet you state that you buy ncoins on occasion?   heh...what can I say here.

On one hand you ignore the fact that I said I am a TOTAL SCAVENGER, then you assume I am some kind of whale "must be nice having a lot of money.." blah blah"

so you can fuel your frustrated and emotional tirade.  so NOW who's doing the assuming?

I am not premium. but I am HM11(started playing 9/2016) and still have like 1300gold after I just bought level10 pet aura in one shot 600 gold BAM done!

I work harder farming and selling my harvest than most people playing this game, and I spend ZERO real money, except for $50 last year to pay my dues for playing.

makes you look less hard working than me with all your premium and influx of bought ncoins. I just hit a venture token in the dash to add to the 800 or so hmcoins I got from opening silverfrost chests 250 at a time since heh maybe xmas???? 16 chests per day every day... and a very rare venture from previous dashes.

I still think you come off as lazy and entitled. who do you think you are saying what the exchange rate should be? that isn't how the world works.

sorry, but just because you have your spending priorities messed up, you can't blame anyone else but yourself.

you adapt and roll with the punches is how you survive in both the game world and the real world.

and don't get me wrong, I harp on this gold inflation thing on a regular basis. it frustrates me too because I would also like to sell some gold.

BUT, bottom line is:   Is what it is, deal.   that's my gameplan for myself.

Dude, you are thinking way too small.

you can't change every last thing you don't like.

there is some old saying that goes along the lines of:

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can, And wisdom to know the difference.

Serenity Prayer - Wikipedia

learn it.

love it.

live it.

2 minutes ago, CharlieIsBoss said:

BUT, bottom line is:   Is what it is, deal.   that's my gameplan for myself.

What a horrible world we would live in if everyone thought like that, nothing would ever change.

If you dislike the way things are, then why not try to change it?

16 minutes ago, MassiveEgo said:

This whole thing leans on the lack of self awareness. If people stop giving in to their desires and remind themselves that this is nothing more than a little game, then stop giving away their time (in the form of gold in this particular scenario) like it's nothing, everybody else will have to adjust to this. Here's how this works - i we don't play into their event schemes, their event fails. A failed event means failed content provision. We really dislike failed or faulty content and they know that very well. It's also bad for business because technically we are the king on the play field (and this goes for any game). If the king leaves, the nation falls.

You're absolutely right, it's just frustrating that it won't happen. People are too worried about missing content or falling behind.. or just don't care.

14 minutes ago, CharlieIsBoss said:

Dude, you are thinking way too small.

you can't change every last thing you don't like.

How is that "thinking way to small"? I know that I can't change everything, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't try.

To get back on topic, there is currently zero gold sales of any kind on f9... no one wants to waste their gold or ncoin in the current situation of upcoming outfit specials. The ncoin buyers got plenty of gold from the peach event and the ratio plummet at that time as well as the gold inflation from ginseng...

Just remove the stupid ratio cap please, if the ratio is supposed to be determined by players, let the players drive it up or down. As it is, players are on exchange strike.

2 hours ago, Meginb said:

To get back on topic, there is currently zero gold sales of any kind on f9... no one wants to waste their gold or ncoin in the current situation of upcoming outfit specials. The ncoin buyers got plenty of gold from the peach event and the ratio plummet at that time as well as the gold inflation from ginseng...

Just remove the stupid ratio cap please, if the ratio is supposed to be determined by players, let the players drive it up or down. As it is, players are on exchange strike.

The F9 is not broken coz i have tested it. Here what i can see, 90% players wont sell gold at F9 while 10% still sell it as an anticipation to get ready for next summer trove event. Whenever that 10% sell the gold, whales buy it immediately so it looks like empty list or broken.

It's funny to see ppl wont sell it even at 1:4 ratio, but during winter trove all fight for 1:2.89 and and 1:3.12 ratio ROFL. I keep laughing when i see 2 digits behind comma in the ratio during previous trove.

Like i said before F2P players cant do this forever, the team just need to put outfit sale that limited during 7 days like the incoming today special starting 20th June. Then every one of them will fight with ratio 1:27 again. After the sale ends they will try do this again to wait for 1:10 ratio which wont happen coz it's fixed at 1:4 max. After that when the team introduce 20 days summer trove events again u will see they will put the gold again in F9 like a good boy. Trust me.

P.S You can't intimidate/threat whales and the team, they can make wild ginseng event again for the whale to get easy gold.

2 hours ago, Divine Retribution said:

The F9 is not broken coz i have tested it. Here what i can see, 90% players wont sell gold at F9 while 10% still sell it as an anticipation to get ready for next summer trove event. Whenever that 10% sell the gold, whales buy it immediately so it looks like empty list or broken.

It's funny to see ppl wont sell it even at 1:4 ratio, but during winter trove all fight for 1:2.89 and and 1:3.12 ratio ROFL. I keep laughing when i see 2 digits behind comma in the ratio during previous trove.

Like i said before F2P players cant do this forever, the team just need to put outfit sale that limited during 7 days like the incoming today special starting 20th June. Then every one of them will fight with ratio 1:27 again. After the sale ends they will try do this again to wait for 1:10 ratio which wont happen coz it's fixed at 1:4 max. After that when the team introduce 20 days summer trove events again u will see they will put the gold again in F9 like a good boy. Trust me.

P.S You can't intimidate/threat whales and the team, they can make wild ginseng event again for the whale to get easy gold.

Cute.

It doesn't matter how much is spent on the game if there's no one to populate said game. And I am pretty sure most of the population is made up of moderate spenders/f2pers who don't have all day to farm dungeons to afford the most basic quality of life items that keep them playing.

We have a gold sink event on top of an inflated economy thanks to the last event on top of an upcoming currency exchange sink with the upcoming costume specials. There's only so much an average player is going to do for the sake of QoL items like Dragon Pouches, keys, resets and outfits when they have to farm 3-4 times the amount of gold in the same span of time that they had months ago.

I've already seen this type of situation play out in another f2p game called RIFT, I can tell you that it's a dead game now. Free players left first and the paying ones left when they realized there was no one to play with or buy their store credits.

i hate this, ...Why we are forced to sell it in 1.4? is too low, and players ruin it anyway during an event, so why don't let us sell the gold at a normal price? But 100g -> 200hm (and we don't receibe 200hm).... really, this *****

Usually i'll buy ncoins, but i used too the hm coins (because i can't purchase nc every days, so, this is really bad.)

I'm fine with the rates changing due to the need of coins but what I am not fine with is the game controlling the prices as it is doing right now. The way how the currency exchange now is bugged and won't let rates rise even when there is sometimes even no gold at all to be sold as the rates that people want to sell are too low for the worth. If you guys really think that this is community's doing then you should understand that increase in rate is also normal but this cannot happen anymore as how the game is bugged. No matter how people try to justify this by saying it's community's doing you have to realize that the prices would increase if the system was not bugged or do people think it is okay to have bugged rates where people cannot decide anything but the game tells you that you can only place this high but hey you can also place even lower than before.

The ones who are defending this is obviously the one who gained benefits from it's broken exchange rate. But as those guys said above, you're using real money to buy ingame stuffs. And the reason you do that is only to get better than other f2p players, or to wear cute outfits. It's only enjoyable when there're a lot of other players, which happen to be mostly f2p or only spend $12 for premium monthly like me. If you don't put pressure on the publisher to fix it, this game will see a lot of f2p/ moderate premium users leaving as when it was infested with bots since lauch. And all the efforts you made will be useless in a dead game. A lot of greedy publishers have seen the day like that, and no MMOs are exception. As far as I'm concern, I love this game's combat system. But if they try to put more of a gap between pay players and f2p players, it will come to the point when it's enough to endure. After all, MMOs will become outdated and get replaced by others. It's not like we have to endure everything no matter how unpleasant it is.
This is all for NCsoft's good sake. We're the customers and we're voicing our advice to improve it. We may lost 1 of many few enjoyable non-target MMOs, but the one who lost more money is the publisher.

I don't get people. It's back to 1:6 and yet people are still putting up to 40 points like nothing changed.

am I missing somethin here or do you all prefer to have it 1:4?

1 hour ago, Dad said:

I don't get people. It's back to 1:6 and yet people are still putting up to 40 points like nothing changed.

am I missing somethin here or do you all prefer to have it 1:4?

What's back to 1:6? It's 1:3 where I play and there are 6 full pages before I get to the one page of 1:6 completely filled with 1g entries. Selling at 1:6 is unrealistical given what I see in CE atm. Nobody would buy gold for such a price when people are selling for 1:3 or below. 

As to what you're missing - you're missing the fact that gold equals time invested. If we go with a bunch of deltas about player common dps, online time and what not and we put some material value to this time measurement, it turns out that CE is a charity where people with NCoins can get cheap gold. Not just cheap... dirt cheap. If you can buy someone's gold worth 6 hours of farming for the money you make in 15-30 minutes, we have a problem. Also just because the maximum gold in any server group is rising, without it's amount per hour of farm going up, doesn't mean it's price decreases. I have NO idea how that even works and why anybody would opt in for discounting their own time investment.

y'all have collectively described this most serious problem pretty well IMO.

Points I want to reinforce:

1) I was misunderstanding the OP's initial beef at first, as I was only looking at the low end.   The players control the value, as has been said, and it is imperative that they control the top end as well as the bottom. the exchange is working as designed, however: THE EXCHANGE DESIGN IS WHAT IS BROKEN. They absolutely need to open both ends.

2) when the mgmt. removed the travel fees and remote-quest-turn-in fees, I knew they were clueless. in the face of rising inflation, they kill off another for-sure constant coin sink.

You need to have the game keep sucking up gold to keep it valuable and not all that common.

Once again, as very well pointed out by several people, you just whale up your gold between troves so you don't have to waste ncoins on gold. this really makes gold worth even less.

3) the hardcore desperate f2p's and bots don't care what the exchange rate is. they just keep on cutting....

4) yeah, the motivation to stay late a couple nights at work to pick up a few easy hours of overtime, listen to iheart radio, have someone do a mickey D run while you are there, slide home after the insanity of rush hour is long over, and generally have an easy and nice time of of it...orrrrrrrrrrr   grind away for who knows how many hours over weeks' time or wait for people etc  to get to the same place...the motivation is huge to go with plan A.   haha

Some of you have bummed out at my relaxed, somewhat dark attitude towards the overall mechanics of this game. Well, now do you see why?

I would go completely insane if I was 100% all-in in this game and this horse puckey was going on.  It IS about the money, always.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

a healthy game has the f2p base generating the PRECIOUS in-game currency, which the cashers can buy for a fair price since it isn't that common. the f2p's then get in on cash stuff a bit more easily.   The gold has to be destroyed at the same rate it is created... DUH???? 

super boring farming for cool sunglasses fragments is what I want for my personal gain. you farm like 250 fragments and make super cool sunglasses you can sell for a lot of money because no one wants to farm that...except f2p. and have about 20 different designs..then there's hats, hair-do's, earrings, pauldrons, masks, bandanas...

edit: use the trash mobs all over the entire map for frags too.

Use all the old boring dumbass dungeons over again for the different frags.  it doesn't matter who you are, that purple cinderlands dungeon takes forever to get thru

or hahaha..make nekuro in that darkglimpse give u stuf haha..wait ..no..i didn't say that...they might do it..BUT honest injuns would be the ones running that, not bots and tards

anyway, that's my idea of some direction: put gold sinks back in, maybe some kind of gambling..idk and give the ftp base something the whales would rather just buy.

Archived