People are scared talking to one another I see

Dad

This whole day, i've been on since morning trying my hardest to recruit for my clan. Each and EVERY person i've gone up to or pmed just straight up dissed me.

I go up to a person: What's sup! Hi how you doin? What's crackin? You're new here huh? Yooooo Dood! 

I Pm someone they stand for a moment..........and then run off.

I just sit here and and think.....did I say something wrong?

And I know someones gonna say, well they're leveling so it will happen. BUT TO EVERYONE?!

I mean COME ON! A simple Sorry i'm busy or something would tell a person anything!

man, i feel ya I also feel like since day people were like this in the game if you want you can add me i like to talk and communicate im at Hao district hm 10 we can even dungeon together through cross. i had enough feeling lonely 

To be honest...whenever I am approached by someone, I tend to run away wordlessly because I'm used to immediately being trolled after the initial friendly "hello", because that's usually what happens . I think it may be the same for many people. It's sort of sad that there is a constant expectation to be insulted in this game.

I very open and amiable to conversation. I'll even write back if I was afk at the time. But...let me give you a couple examples of outputting conversations I've had.

*blind invite accepted* Me-"Hello there. Need something?" , "HI! Want me to get naked and shake my little tail at you?!", me- "Um, no. I thought you needed help." *leaves*

*say/local channel* "Hi.", me-"Hello." *random invite* Me (party chat) - "What's up, did you need something? Help?" *say channel* "YES. HELP. NOW." *inviter drops group and runs away, but never elaborates or returns. ???

So yeah, people are weirdos, but that doesn't mean you have to stop trying, or being civil yourself.

The only communication i see in windrest is, 2 or 3 couples spamming the faction chat non-stop about how much they love each other, how happy their family portraits and how peaceful their daily lives are ... Other than that we can't even keep a conversation longer than 3 lines when i come across to the people of my nation ( which is rare ). It feels like everyone is trying to catch up with something, including me.

1 hour ago, SauronTheGreat said:

The only communication i see in windrest is, 2 or 3 couples spamming the faction chat non-stop about how much they love each other, how happy their family portraits and how peaceful their daily lives are ... Other than that we can't even keep a conversation longer than 3 lines when i come across to the people of my nation ( which is rare ). It feels like everyone is trying to catch up with something, including me.

I think it's because of really fast patches. People have no time to chat when they need thousands of gold to upgrade their gear or tens of millions of experience to level up...it might change once we'll catch up to Korea and start getting patche's not that often.

If I'm on my high level in one of the low level areas I have started to stop responding.. I don't like to in case some in actually just trying to be friendly but I'm so sick of the new influx of low level beggers. It's all I get and I don't want to respond anymore.

Pretty much every conversation goes.

Newbie: hello

Me: hiya

Newbie: can I have an outfit\ can you give me a weapon \ can you give me gold

No one seems to want to talk to/play with anyone that's under HM10, so I don't look for messages or try to talk to anyone besides my gf. 
It doesn't appear to be that anyone is honestly friendly enough to put effort into, either, so why bother?

12 hours ago, Dad said:

This whole day, i've been on since morning trying my hardest to recruit for my clan. Each and EVERY person i've gone up to or pmed just straight up dissed me.

I go up to a person: What's sup! Hi how you doin? What's crackin? You're new here huh? Yooooo Dood! 

And I know someones gonna say, well they're leveling so it will happen. BUT TO EVERYONE?!

I mean COME ON! A simple Sorry i'm busy or something would tell a person anything!

They're probably asian.....

5 hours ago, Alesthra said:

I think it's because of really fast patches. People have no time to chat when they need thousands of gold to upgrade their gear or tens of millions of experience to level up...it might change once we'll catch up to Korea and start getting patche's not that often.

I'm sorry but what? So because they have things to do, which isn't much mind you, they have the inability to simply chat with another player? That's the excuse nowadays?

I'd believe people just don't feel like talking over this.

17 minutes ago, K4t said:

They're probably asian.....

What does a race have to do with talking to others?

8 minutes ago, K4t said:

Calm down. Not race, tongue....language barrier.

Then word your sentence differently. Not only asians have a different language.

Just say other players probably don't know english.

9 minutes ago, Zuzu said:

Then word your sentence differently. Not only asians have a different language.

Just say other players probably don't know english.

Like I said earlier...calm down. Please.

The majority of active/hardcore bns players across all bns regions(eu/chn/kr/na/tw etc) are asian(jap/chn/tw/kr etc). If you want it to be about race then go ahead but dont get so angry and lose your mind because you interpreted something differently, especially when I've made myself very clear afterwards. 

7 minutes ago, K4t said:

Like I said earlier...calm down. Please.

The majority of active/hardcore bns players across all bns regions(eu/chn/kr/na/tw etc) are asian(jap/chn/tw/kr etc). If you want it to be about race then go ahead but dont get so angry and lose your mind because you interpreted something differently, especially when I've made myself very clear afterwards. 

I'm not sure why you keep saying calm down since I'm just replying. It's not like I'm using aggressive language or using caps.

Just comes down to just saying they don't know english instead of assuming they're asian.

19 minutes ago, Zuzu said:

I'm not sure why you keep saying calm down since I'm just replying. It's not like I'm using aggressive language or using caps.

Just comes down to just saying they don't know english instead of assuming they're asian.

Have the last say if that's what you want so much...

Last I checked *most* non english speakers playing bns were asian/situated in asian countries. But if you want to interpret it as such, do go on.

1 hour ago, Zuzu said:

It's also pretty common on the Asian servers for people not to talk. Tw it was incredibly rare to see anyone chatting In game at all. 

1 hour ago, Dad said:

People chatted all the time in TW more so when the gms were on banning bots back then.

Few months i have been playing recently all chats are dead.. i mean DOA. The only chat that was active was my clan. Faction you were lucky to see anything. the people only really talked when they were calling out for MSP. Dungeons forget it.. no one talked.. ever. 

Lately, I run through level up areas too quickly to be picked up for a chat. But through all my years playing stuff online, I've learned to keep to myself. Seen both sides of the scope already. The good and the utterly toxic. Also, been to Second Life, where weird can go up to eleven, so I believe nothing fazes me anymore. <.< ... I'm usually doing solo stuff or afking for brief periods. I normally do respond when addressed, but will most likely won't just join a guild nor accept a friend request without first at least having some game time with whoever is asking. Other than that, I do like helping and I think I'm friendly. I'm just not outgoing so people will have to find me instead of me reaching out to them.

the server am in is quite active in chat region or faction. But mostly nonsense crap is been talked about or countdown to boss spawns. People too busy upgrading i guess patches coming way too fast.

On 6/4/2017 at 8:02 PM, Dad said:

LOL...

Did your parents teach you not to talk to random strangers? haha...j/k

Anyways, at least I wouldn't stand still and chat with people because I have limited game time on weekdays. Usually, I just rush through the dailies and some quests before logging off.

Archived