kung fu masters F shoulder knockback on and off

achika

I vaguely read that in the upcoming patches they're looking at skills and how they function for classes when working on gunner and it's release.

I would like to ask if they reinstate the ability to toggle kung fu masters F shoulder knockback on and off, to where we can make it to where there's no knock back on it.

It's extremely frustrating to try and quest/ kill mobs, inside the celestial basin, especially if you just leveled the class from the story and go there to continue to progress gear wise .

because mob are so packed in that whenever I use F shoulder in my normal skill rotation. It knocks the mob back into other mobs. This makes it extremely annoying to quest their, constantly having to worry about knocking the mob you're trying to kill back into others. Which means you don't use that part of your key kit At all.  And if you accidentally do, you get one or two extra mobs on you.   you die, This is coming from the perspective of someone that has 700 attack power.

So I never use that skill, It makes the rotation extremely clunky. And playing the class not as much fun as it used to be

I always viewed that the knockback was meant for PVP, and being able to toggle that off. Was for PvE content. Having to deal with the knockback makes it extremely frustrating. Especially for people that are trying to get the hang of wind spec.

Please add this back

Great you move my post to the class forms now it will never be read. Or get the attention of the community like it needs, Sigh.

I always thought the previous system's damage variant of iron shoulder was knock-back-less as a trade off so as to not make it too overpowered, as knock-back would allow you smite follow up etc. So now we have the best of deals with knock-back, daze and damage all at the same time.

The knock-back won't work on the more dangerous mobs anyway (Aomak Thunder Keepers etc), so the problem is usually sorted by focusing on the stronger mobs before the weaker ones. Going Fire build for AoE might already solve your problem by killing off the weaker mobs simply with the 222F rotation while circling the stronger ones.

Be sure to have HM counter, if not that should be your highest priority to work for now, it should make regular mobs a piece of cake.

If you keep having problems with survival you might want to respec your HM points into defense (at least 20) and invest a bit into a pet.

It's hard to help you troubleshoot without knowing your exact specs but I can say that I can 1-vs-6+ Aomak with a KFM and stay at 100% no problem. But that needs HM10+ for 6% iframe heal I guess.

Overall I think your problem is pretty specific and does not warrant a redesign of the skill itself. KFM is ideal for soloing indefinite amounts of mobs at the same time, so pulling more aggro should normally never be a problem.

when playing KFM, it feels like im taking more damage from mobs compare to other melee class except sin.

and with the lack of cc skills when in PVE build, you can see your HP bar dropping quick if you miss one or two counters.

I think my summoners cat can take more damage then my KFM.

only thing I can suggest(if you don't have HM counter) is use your z,v pull and your aoe skills wisely.

Although I understand that KFM are frustrating without HM block and enough AP to kill mobs in 3 hits, I am still glad that they combine all 3 iron shoulder into 1 to give us both damage and knockback.

Back to your issue, what I noticed is that if you knock down the mob and use iron shoulder when they are lying on the ground they will not be knocked back.

Simple combo is to use 3 (leg sweep) then F (iron shoulder) and you can continue your normal combo for 6s. But Leg sweep CD is 18s.

Next is SS then tiger's pounce, then F (iron shoulder) and continue your combo for another 6s. SS CD is only 8s, very useful here.

Last option is to CC mob and use aerial launch Smite and F (iron shoulder) when mob land on ground and you can continue your normal combo for another 6s.

Edit: One more option is CC mob and use skykick to launch mob (CD 18s).

Archived