Forums

Who wanna Gon Gunner?

Irisdina

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah that is really lame, every single  class that comes out is always for Jin, every single time, I was hoping for Gon as well. In my opinion they should just give all new classes to all races or at least give gunner to Gon, because seriously, Jin has the biggest class selection and is the most bland race ( regular humans).

6 hours ago, Netson said:

srr but with GON BODY BUILD I CANT SEE A GUNNER UNLESS HE USES DUAL SHOTGUNS HMG OR BAZOOKAS so no, no gon gunner for you they have the traits for phisical combat so tell yourself lucky enough to have FM on them

i can`t agree with you. Did you even saw some stream of his gameplay? And i mean gameplay which show all skills not onyly spam of RMB. At fire he have explosion skills, which kinda resemble Poh skills. And this class is ideal for Gon. When i think about gon i think about physical attacks, same is with guns. But what is with yun? Yun is typical High elf from fantasy MMO, but use gun? WTF. I dont have anything against Yun getting gunner but Gon is much better Gunner than yun.

Lets add we dont known what is lvl55 skill of Gunner. Mayby it gonna be some something like using giant machingun (like poh) for 1 attack, or switch weapon for a moment.

I agree, 

But to a certain extent. I think gunner should just be Jin and Gon. I have nothing really against Gons or Jins cause in the end it all really depends how you customize them. 

Jins can certainly look like a Gon, And Gons vice versa.

Yuns shouldn't get gunner just soley because its GENDER locked, and not class locked. I appreciate customization variety over CLASS Locked

12 minutes ago, tuannifur said:

Jins can certainly look like a Gon, And Gons vice versa.

Jins can`t looks like Gons. they are smaller in almost every part of body (but you can create Gon which have size of tall Jin). just look at bras, or hips. I dont gonna even mantion male character, becouse jin male can`t get size of max build gon, when gon male can try to go on diet. Also Gon outfits looks much better (at least for me).

7 hours ago, Netson said:

srr but with GON BODY BUILD I CANT SEE A GUNNER UNLESS HE USES DUAL SHOTGUNS HMG OR BAZOOKAS so no, no gon gunner for you they have the traits for phisical combat so tell yourself lucky enough to have FM on them

Body size and physical build have nothing to do with whether or not someone can pick up a gun and shoot someone in the face with it. Having "the traits of physical combat" is, actually, something most people who use guns would have...

23 hours ago, Duriensbane said:

Lyn - Blade Dancer, Summoner, Warlock, and Force Master = 4

Gon - Soul Fighter, Kung Fu Master, Destroyer, and Force Master = 4

Yun - Blade Master, Kung Fu Master, Soul Fighter, Force Master and GUNNER = 5

Jin - Blade Master, Assassin, Kung Fu Master, Soul Fighter, Warlock, and GUNNER = 6

IMO Jin does not need Gunner...even tho game wise with npcs alot are, they dont need to have 6 classes. Yun IMO is not a bad race, and does not have a race locked class so they are OK. If anything, Yun having 6 classes would be alright so long as none of them are race locked. That just brings to question, how are you going to make the next class that will fit both Gon (largest race) and Lyn (smallest race) with 1 class?

In lore jin are the most prominent race in the world as the 'jack of all trades' race. Design wise, they're as close to normal human designs without any sort of differentiating trait (like gon's massive builds, lyns animal features, and yuns elven like nature and genderlock) so it would have the easiest time appealing to a general audience. This allows people who don't want to go for the more out-there races to try a better variety of classes.

Yun being gutted with no exclusives is most likely BECAUSE of their gender lock, until they decide to make a class specifically for Yun that wouldn't work as a male.

Plus out of the 6 classes jin has, only 1 is exclusive to them only (2 before they gave lyn warlock, and IF they actually decide to give lyn SIN like people have been wanting, jin will be left with nothing special). They share BM, KFM, SF, WL, AND MS (maestro) with at least one other class, they also don't have force masters.

If a new class comes out that doesn't one-sidedly cater to another race (Destroyer, Summoner), it will most likely include jin.

tl;dr from a dev's standpoint, it's more accessible if the 'base race' gets the new class for more people to try.

23 hours ago, Irisdina said:

well... its kinda impossible to make same class for Gon and Lyn at same time. Lyn is kinda fragile compared to Gon. Gon is typical physical race (but have FM), when Lyn is mage (even Blade Dancer use magic). For next Gon Class i would like to see something like Shenwei from Moonlight Blade (Spear+Bow). Check yourself on YT. But for Lyn? I rly dont known... Some kind of mystic class, but i dont have any idea.

If Lyn would have some new class with other race then rather with Yun or Jin (which soon gonna have 6 classes), becouse Gon is: a) too big, b) have to much physical power (if we look in story), c) isnt so much magic oriented (again by story characters).

Lyn Kung Fu Dancer. I would approve of this. But back to topic, keep the Gon love coming. :)

As for Jin having the most classes, their lore does say they are the most numerous and prominent of the races. They are your standard Jack of all trades base human. I'm surprised they didn't also give them FM. As for the guy who said Gon shouldn't be a gunner because of large physical build, in the real world and mostly in American movies, we depict a lot of muscle bound tall guys using guns as their primary means of offense. (Rambo, Commando), so a Gon gunner doesn't seem out of place. Heck, Based on lore alone, I'd see Yun as a race who'd be more naturally distant to guns and more attuned to the finer martial arts like FM and SF (like they are just right now). Yet they are the ones getting gunner...

I do suppose the reasons behind the races having the classes how they are right now is to not leave one or two way too behind. If we followed race lore more closely, Jins, the jack of trades race, would have FM AND gunner, making it 7 classes for that sole race. Gon wouldn't probably have FM so it would have had only 3 classes to chose from. 4 if adding gunner. Lyn and Yun would be pretty much the same as they are now, with the exception of them not having gunner either. So yeah, this way would remove a LOT of choice from players and that's why I assume they are doing things the way they are doing them right now.

It wouldn't make sense for them not to give gunner to jin with all the jin npcs around and when Soha, one of the main npcs uses a gun. Poh is also not a gon she is a jin. I kind of think a spear class like yunsang would be perfect for Gon or maybe a class similar to Brawler in Tera.

11 minutes ago, Shanetheillest said:

It wouldn't make sense for them not to give gunner to jin with all the jin npcs around and when Soha, one of the main npcs uses a gun. Poh is also not a gon she is a jin. I kind of think a spear class like yunsang would be perfect for Gon or maybe a class similar to Brawler in Tera.

I feel we are alright with KFM. It's more technical and superior to Brawler in any way and form, unless you want a class that resembles boxing more, with it's sole concentration being punching and no kicks/grappling. In THAT regard, a Gon would make such a class work, but with KFM around I see something like that quite unlikely ATM. As posted by others, we could maybe use a spear/halberd/nanigata/javelin class.

16 minutes ago, Fatalito said:

I feel we are alright with KFM. It's more technical and superior to Brawler in any way and form, unless you want a class that resembles boxing more, with it's sole concentration being punching and no kicks/grappling. In THAT regard, a Gon would make such a class work, but with KFM around I see something like that quite unlikely ATM. As posted by others, we could maybe use a spear/halberd/nanigata/javelin class.

Brawler is in no way similar to Kfm. Only similarity is that they use fists. I would compare brawler more to the soul fighter but even then that isn't a close match. I agree that a spear would work better though.

13 minutes ago, Lemy said:

Brawler is in no way similar to Kfm. Only similarity is that they use fists. I would compare brawler more to the soul fighter but even then that isn't a close match. I agree that a spear would work better though.

Yeah. That's why I also mentioned boxer, which in my opinion is more in line to brawler. I did play brawler in tera and leveled one to max. I also totally hated their decision to lock it to a single race and gender, and to pick human, of all races, when they have the almighty amani waiting for it. But w/e, their loss. :p

And i mention this because I don't want BnS to also fall into this race/gender locking and limiting in the future.

y. locking classes which so many players are hyped for is so annojing... I hate it in every game.

GIVE GON MORE LOVE! GIVE GON A GUN!

Like one politycan (we all known who) said: MAKE GON GREATE AGAIN!

Well... he didnt said "Gon", but we all agree its true: MAKE GON GREATE AGAIN!

4 hours ago, Shanetheillest said:

The gunner lady from pirate ship is gon tho so I dont see why they would exclude maestro from gon race -.-''

2 hours ago, 821031_1452549945 said:

The gunner lady from pirate ship is gon tho so I dont see why they would exclude maestro from gon race -.-''

IS she a gon? Or a really tall Jin who happens to show skin in gon-esque fashion?

:thinking:

3 hours ago, 821031_1452549945 said:

25 minutes ago, Karurosuda said:

IS she a gon? Or a really tall Jin who happens to show skin in gon-esque fashion?

18 minutes ago, Syphin said:

Juna is a Gon. No way can a Jin have those curves.

To me, I don't care what race the NPC gunners are. Just that Gon gunner should be made a reality.

8 hours ago, Fatalito said:

Poharan is a probably a half gon and half jin, her grandpa is gon for sure

1 hour ago, Lemy said:

I think making these type of threads are a little pointless since NA bns can't do anything about it. It's up to kr if they want to let gon have the gunner too

While you may be right, nothing should stop the flow of opinions and ideas. Why? because I refuse to believe that Western input has had a right out ZERO value for Korean MMO makers throughout the years. I don't know which or what Western idea has made it into any of the pile of Asian mmos we have seen in the past decade, but I believe that numbet isn't a plain zero.

Originally SFs were designed to be Gon/Yun only, but after some pressure over the KR community they added it to Jin aswell. Its all about the lore of the classes and most of not all gunner NPCs that you see (even the important story NPCs) are either Jin or Yun. The only solution is to remove Blade Master from Jin and leave it Yun-only because you will see later, almost ALL NPCs is Yun homeland are blade masters. Every race have a specific class except Yun. Justice for Yun!

Yuns are Blade Dancers not Blade Masters. Look at jinsoyun and Jinhwa. booth use "Magic"+Sword. Its jin and Lyn which was Blade Master: Lyn from Greate 8 and Leader of yes men bandits (dont remember names). There were no Blade Dancer Lyn.

And there is point in creating topics like this: even if they dont made Gon Gunner in Kor, mayby they made it in here. its not same game ver.

MADE GON GREATE AGAIN! GIVE GON A GUN!

32 minutes ago, Irisdina said:

Yuns are Blade Dancers not Blade Masters. Look at jinsoyun and Jinhwa. booth use "Magic"+Sword. Its jin and Lyn which was Blade Master: Lyn from Greate 8 and Leader of yes men bandits (dont remember names). There were no Blade Dancer Lyn.

And there is point in creating topics like this: even if they dont made Gon Gunner in Kor, mayby they made it in here. its not same game ver.

MADE GON GREATE AGAIN! GIVE GON A GUN!

One was given the power of darkness, the other was given divine powers. They also use the twilight's edge would also help/give them their powers. Jyansei a.k.a your character if you choose them to become a sword user whatever it's Jin or yun, wouldn't this make a Jin a Blade dancer as well? They have a "magical" cannon sword as well and the same flashy style of moves as a playable BM Yun. I haven't even seen Jiwan use any flashy skills other than her twirling and hopping/stabbing fiends in the cut scenes,  while you have Jyansei doing the exact same thing in actual game play but much more flashier compared to what she does. Twirling around when using fire tongue is a prime example as well as having the ability to  Call forth more than one blade, making an electrify star. I think calling a Yun blade dancers is not a suitable term for them. That's because One summons magic does not mean they are Blade dancers. Lyns got that term because they spin and twirl around.

Back to the topic though:  We all need to chill. Give it a year and Gons will have the option to become a gunner. Like how lyns were  give the option to become a  wl one year and then Jins getting the opition to become a sf. (even though they were a prototype when they were first shown at champions or or w/e the same event where they showed off new content + gunner)  We Might not have it right now.... But it will come. Or it might just simply go to the lyns. 

11 hours ago, Karurosuda said:

She is 100% gon lmao. Literally you can remake her in character creator (without correct hair and with different outfit but yeah) Its not that hard to see what race npc is by just checking their faces >-< (I dont know how to explain well in english but if you check the face 'texture' you can recognize imediately what race it is >-<)

Archived