Someone posted this on reddit, about XML... And I think the guy has a point.

raiklock

for all the people that claims using "Global CoolDown" is speedhacking aka cheating.
Get your facts straight. IT is NOT! ~Sorry in advance if this "triggers" you~

Global CD is what helps high ping players to remove the delay there is between every action depending on ping.
ON MANY MMORPG, they are mostly ALL using this setting to help players play even with slightly higher ping.

It's NCsoft's own fault for not implementing this properly in the Client.
Some games requires manual setup for this option in settings.
Some doesn't because it's "on-the-go".
meaning it adjusts itself depending on your average ping.

Now stop claiming everytime you lose in pvp that it's a xml user or find any ridiculous reasons to ban players who wants to play as equally as low ping players.
Even for low-ping players to use this setting, not only helps them too to get rid of delay, but it should for you too IF YOU WERE USING IT TOO.

Now get off the boards and learn how to play pvp and start mastering your class.
This is getting really out-of-hand. I'm not even mad about that, just ignorant people that ticks me off.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello,

i have drawed something that should explain why it let spam low ping player skill faster and why it helps high ping player to get a normal (as intended from the developers) gameplay.

My first image explains it for low ping players:

F9pIeEp.png

My second image explains it for high ping players:

vFqV9Tx.png

The red vertical lines on the ping line represents the ping of a low player.

The red vertical lines on the "skill-global-cool-latency-time" line represents the skill global cooldown player.

Now this isn't to 100% how it works and I don't know how the delays are processed.

Only NCSoft knows how it works.

PS: Sry about my english (it's not really good)

3 minutes ago, FrozenB said:

You are so funny. In your logic, high ping players can use 'cheat' and low ping players can't use it. :P

It is just like saying poor people can rob a bank and rich people can't do that?

Let me turn that around for you. By your logic, everyone is working at the same place (the game), a huge corporate with thousands of employees (the playerbase). Everyone have the same assignments and the same expenses at home (the game client), but everyone have a differing salary (ping).

Guy A can get much more than he need (ping is low enough that the game is enforcing the gameplay) and could even slack off and still get more than enough.

Guy B doesn't even get paid enough to pay his bills (high enough ping that the game no longer work as intended) so he has to work more than the guy with the same job (to even get close to the competitive rank as Guy A, he has be much more skilled than Guy A to compensate what the game does not).

Guy A skip work several days a week, but still have more than he need (if he faces Guy B, he will have a huge advantage since he can attack as fast as intended while Guy B can only attack half his speed).

Guy B burn himself out by having to work overtime everyday to cover his expenses. Until he either have to quit and get a new job (game) that have a fair salary (ping compensation) or have to take a loan (break the ToS) to get by without working overtime. Now he can enjoy the work more, for a time. Eventually the debt will catch up to him (they patch it or gives a temporary ban or warning) and he has to work overtime again, this time even harder. Meanwhile,

Guy A learned that he could take a loan and use the money to bribe his doctor to get him paid sick-leave (Break the ToS and get an unfair advantage over others since he can attack faster than intended). Guy A now don't have to work and still get paid more than enough to go by (he has an unfair advantage over other players, aka, cheating).

Guy B could now take another loan (find another way to lessen the disadvantage or ignore the temp ban or warning and risk getting a permanent ban further down). beg to his employers to even out the salary so that everyone can get by (ask the devs to implement the option in a legit and regulated way), keep working overtime to catch up or simply quit.

Guy A will eventually be found out by his co-workers that he is just pretending to be sick and leeching money from the corporation (they are cheating and other players have noticed it). They learn of how he did that, and they start to assume that anyone taking a loan intend to do the same. Guy A is put on trail (investigation period) or gets immediately fired (enough evidence to just outright ban him).

If they find out that Guy B took a loan, he'd probably be eyed suspiciously and they would put him on trail (temporary ban or warning), but most likely declared innocent in the end since he didn't stay home from work or called in sick (he did not have any unfair advantage) as he wouldn't have enough to pay the expenses if he did (he can't possibly attack faster than intended since the ping makes it impossible).

Current situation: because Guy A was found out, Guy B is under suspicion by his co-workers (even if most of them don't know what it is all about, they just go with the flow). So now guy B and the few people that believe he is innocent are being bullied because their co-workers adamantly believes B to be the same douchebag as A. Even if B only took a loan because he wanted to stay at his job, and no one would have even noticed or cared if guy A never was found out or never did so to begin with. since what guy B did, did not affect his co-workers except that he could stay with them.

So there are several solutions to this dilemma.

Worst case and it will not happen since the recoil from such an action will negatively impact their revenue, they could just outright ban any detected offense no matter the reason. NC is a company though, they want and need money. It just won't happen.

WTH NC case, they just blatantly ignore this.

Bad case, they just patch the settings so it can't be changed. The few cheaters can't gain an unfair advantage. But the other players that used it for no malicious intent can't lessen their disadvantage.

Good case, they patch the settings and give you to option to change that, similar to how you can change how far you can zoom out. That way they can restrict the settings so that you can't abuse it to gain an unfair advantage and the honest players can safely play like everyone else (almost at least, they are still at a disadvantage compared to low ping) without guys bullying him.

Best case, they patch the settings and make the modifier handle itself run-time so that you have no control over it and an attempt to change that would be much easier to detect (and no legit player would need to resort to putting their account to risk to be able to play the game as it was intended, so any further detection can safely be assumed to be malicious)

@Irisdina Why are you even here? No, it shouldn't be allowed. No, high ping is NOT the players fault, If high ping is a problem (which it apparently is, you got to be blind or ignorant to not see that), the devs need to come up with a solution to let the high ping players have a chance to play. More happy customers because the game is enjoyable means more potential paying customers. There are a lot of players that would be willing to pay to get costumes, trove keys, premium etc. if they just wasn't so disadvantaged when playing.... and no, moving to a different country is still not a viable solution to high ping. No, taking a different region is not going to help in most cases since you most likely already picked the one closest to you. Other regions would have worse ping.

I just don't understand you people, they have NO advantage over you, you would not even be able to notice if you actually met one of these players since at most, they would be somewhere close to your DPS but never be able to beat it if you're both just as good with same gear and class. But because some low ping players started to abuse this, you go on a witch-hunt... and blame all users that didn't cause any harm...

So this is being used in competitive play.eh. Everyday I work hard in TOI and this is what I have to go up against? Hackers , or is ,it, Cheating? Call it what you will.But it is what it is. Is this authorised by the ToS?

Three pages this topic hath consumed and no mod intervention or reply from NCSoft/NCWest. Will Xigncode catch this. Maybe I shall have to take my Whale accounts elsewhere I don't condone hacking/cheating and I refuse to participate in any E-Sport whereas cheating is allowed.

Until I get a sound answer from NCSoft I will let my multiple whale accounts expire and not renew their yearly subs. I will focus my efforts on another album release. To the OP thank you for bringing this to my attention. I know know that since the Season of Fury that I have been playing against a stacked deck.

I'll be back when the game is clean.

Sincerely

Syntropy

Syntropy Music Group

IP/CAE 00837723513

59 minutes ago, Yndril said:

Let me turn that around for you. By your logic, everyone is working at the same place (the game), a huge corporate with thousands of employees (the playerbase). Everyone have the same assignments and the same expenses at home (the game client), but everyone have a differing salary (ping).

Guy A can get much more than he need (ping is low enough that the game is enforcing the gameplay) and could even slack off and still get more than enough.

Guy B doesn't even get paid enough to pay his bills (high enough ping that the game no longer work as intended) so he has to work more than the guy with the same job (to even get close to the competitive rank as Guy A, he has be much more skilled than Guy A to compensate what the game does not).

Guy A skip work several days a week, but still have more than he need (if he faces Guy B, he will have a huge advantage since he can attack as fast as intended while Guy B can only attack half his speed).

Guy B burn himself out by having to work overtime everyday to cover his expenses. Until he either have to quit and get a new job (game) that have a fair salary (ping compensation) or have to take a loan (break the ToS) to get by without working overtime. Now he can enjoy the work more, for a time. Eventually the debt will catch up to him (they patch it or gives a temporary ban or warning) and he has to work overtime again, this time even harder. Meanwhile,

Guy A learned that he could take a loan and use the money to bribe his doctor to get him paid sick-leave (Break the ToS and get an unfair advantage over others since he can attack faster than intended). Guy A now don't have to work and still get paid more than enough to go by (he has an unfair advantage over other players, aka, cheating).

Guy B could now take another loan (find another way to lessen the disadvantage or ignore the temp ban or warning and risk getting a permanent ban further down). beg to his employers to even out the salary so that everyone can get by (ask the devs to implement the option in a legit and regulated way), keep working overtime to catch up or simply quit.

Guy A will eventually be found out by his co-workers that he is just pretending to be sick and leeching money from the corporation (they are cheating and other players have noticed it). They learn of how he did that, and they start to assume that anyone taking a loan intend to do the same. Guy A is put on trail (investigation period) or gets immediately fired (enough evidence to just outright ban him).

If they find out that Guy B took a loan, he'd probably be eyed suspiciously and they would put him on trail (temporary ban or warning), but most likely declared innocent in the end since he didn't stay home from work or called in sick (he did not have any unfair advantage) as he wouldn't have enough to pay the expenses if he did (he can't possibly attack faster than intended since the ping makes it impossible).

Current situation: because Guy A was found out, Guy B is under suspicion by his co-workers (even if most of them don't know what it is all about, they just go with the flow). So now guy B and the few people that believe he is innocent are being bullied because their co-workers adamantly believes B to be the same douchebag as A. Even if B only took a loan because he wanted to stay at his job, and no one would have even noticed or cared if guy A never was found out or never did so to begin with. since what guy B did, did not affect his co-workers except that he could stay with them.

But isnt it YOU who said yourself that guy B broke law (broke Tos)? Life is brutal, hard for him, but law is law. Noone is exception.

1 hour ago, Yndril said:

So there are several solutions to this dilemma.

Worst case and it will not happen since the recoil from such an action will negatively impact their revenue, they could just outright ban any detected offense no matter the reason. NC is a company though, they want and need money. It just won't happen.

WTH NC case, they just blatantly ignore this.

Bad case, they just patch the settings so it can't be changed. The few cheaters can't gain an unfair advantage. But the other players that used it for no malicious intent can't lessen their disadvantage.

Good case, they patch the settings and give you to option to change that, similar to how you can change how far you can zoom out. That way they can restrict the settings so that you can't abuse it to gain an unfair advantage and the honest players can safely play like everyone else (almost at least, they are still at a disadvantage compared to low ping) without guys bullying him.

Best case, they patch the settings and make the modifier handle itself run-time so that you have no control over it and an attempt to change that would be much easier to detect (and no legit player would need to resort to putting their account to risk to be able to play the game as it was intended, so any further detection can safely be assumed to be malicious)

Why the heck they should add option to raise attack speed? With MS problem company add more servers, BUT NO TOOL WHICH RAISE ATTACK SPEED. Alternativly allow for Pingbooster, like Tencent, which even create one especially for theyr games.

1 hour ago, Yndril said:

Why are you even here? No, it shouldn't be allowed. No, high ping is NOT the players fault, If high ping is a problem (which it apparently is, you got to be blind or ignorant to not see that), the devs need to come up with a solution to let the high ping players have a chance to play. More happy customers because the game is enjoyable means more potential paying customers. There are a lot of players that would be willing to pay to get costumes, trove keys, premium etc. if they just wasn't so disadvantaged when playing.... and no, moving to a different country is still not a viable solution to high ping. No, taking a different region is not going to help in most cases since you most likely already picked the one closest to you. Other regions would have worse ping.

But hight ping dont allow you to cheat/hack/broke ToS. You yourself said using this is breaking ToS, so what we even talking about? Ofc developers should make more enjoieble for players, but if they dont it doesn`t matter players can do that on they own! If they wanna mess with game files, broke ToS go playe at private server, where you can do whenever you wanna.

1 hour ago, Yndril said:

I just don't understand you people, they have NO advantage over you, you would not even be able to notice if you actually met one of these players since at most, they would be somewhere close to your DPS but never be able to beat it if you're both just as good with same gear and class. But because some low ping players started to abuse this, you go on a witch-hunt... and blame all users that didn't cause any harm...

Oh no... they dont... Speed hack allow them to not onyly attack faster but also lower CD, and move faster. No advantege? Also i said from the verry beggining i think NOONE should be allowed to use this. Its you who insist so much to allow players to use this. Realise then you can`t allow some players to do something, and don`t do it do others. In what are you better than low ping players? In this you have high ping? I dont think  it make you better in any way.

2 hours ago, Kogaruh said:

Global CD is what helps high ping players to remove the delay there is between every action depending on ping.
ON MANY MMORPG, they are mostly ALL using this setting to help players play even with slightly higher ping.

Give me tittles which allow using this. I wanna hear them. And of course sureace from where you get info its allowed. Or its like here in BnS (NCsoft don`t care, and players think they can do whenever they wanna even if its banned in ToS).

2 hours ago, Kogaruh said:

Now stop claiming everytime you lose in pvp that it's a xml user or find any ridiculous reasons to ban players who wants to play as equally as low ping players.

NEVER said anything about losing in PvP. I just don`t even care about it. If i lose with someone who CLEARLY cheat i don`t care about it. Im just sad how low he can fall to use cheats, just to win duel. I don`t care. Without evidance i just try harder. I NEVER occuse someone about cheating just becouse losing to him.

25 minutes ago, Yndril said:

@Irisdina Ah, you're one of those guys.

Which guys? i wanna known becouse i think you wanna insult me. If having low ping is sin then sorry i commited sin of having low ping.

25 minutes ago, Yndril said:

Well then, if you're going to refuse to comprehend what UNFAIR ADVANTAGE is and bring irrelevant and pintless arguments to the table, then screw it, I'm done wasting my time with you.

Well lets look:

-lower CD: It IS unfair advantage. You can spam skills much faster than other players.

-faster movement speed: same. especially for class like FM, which gonna just spam ice skills, and run

And i DONT EVEN CARE about your unfair advantage. I said in post above: some company like Tencent create FREE ping booster, but it constantly monitor your PC, so decide yourself (lets add Tencent ussually ban 1k+ accounts per month). THIS is solution. not hacking game and (as YOU YOURSELF ADMIT) broking ToS, which in EVERY game make you banned. If you or your friend have weak internet connection, s**ty ping, or whenever it dont allow you to hack game. UNDERSTUND THAT. If you dont then i dont known what or who made you understund anything.

18 minutes ago, Irisdina said:

Well lets look:

-lower CD: It IS unfair advantage. You can spam skills much faster than other players.

-faster movement speed: same. especially for class like FM, which gonna just spam ice skills, and run

Irrelevant and pointless arguments, It has NOTHING to do with the people that used it responsibly that you want to ban for nearing your gameplay. Your sin is believing that other players should not be able to play the same game as you if they don't have good enough ping.

i mean wow has something similar all the devs have to do its set  it up with a variable

if you have xx ping less than 50 it doesnt apply if you have xx ping beyond 50 it applies " just an example" is that really hard to implement?

Are you ping players against it being added officially or just when the player edits it themselves? It appears they don't want it at all so they have an unfair advantage and can boast about their pvp accomplishments when really it's down to their ping :) "find a different server or quit the game"..well then you guys clearly didn't play before the game was released in NA/EU did you? It's actually laughable, the way players disregard everyone else as soon as they get their own server. I'm just waiting for it to be officially ruled out so I can give up hoping for something 100% achieveable. Also enjoy your game when it dies faster! -WoW uses gcd setting in game for example.

51 minutes ago, PRrexoe said:

i mean wow has something similar all the devs have to do its set  it up with a variable

if you have xx ping less than 50 it doesnt apply if you have xx ping beyond 50 it applies " just an example" is that really hard to implement?

it is when ur lazy 

Okay. I just got this response from a GM with this issue. 

RainToday at 13:46

Hello,

Players should not alter game files to gain an advantage over other players (such as altering cool downs, damage increase hacks, speed hacks or auto-target hacks). If there is an add-on or program that clearly exploits something in game or gives you an advantage over other players, do not use it. If you have any other questions about what is considered a violation, please refer to the User Agreement and Rules of Conduct: http://us.ncsoft.com/en/legal/user-agreements/

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards, 

Rain
NCSOFT Support Team

1 hour ago, PRrexoe said:

you now guys first thing is first , I just done that with buddy . in global condition have 30 ping to server. Ok now I just lower down that from 100 to 70 or 50 and make apply . came in game and nothin changes absolutely .

After all this shit what you talk about speed hack this is can't be done . On video it's a fake . You can't ,lower attack speed by add the XM file nothin more .

2 hours ago, FrozenB said:

Okay. I just got this response from a GM with this issue. 

RainToday at 13:46

Hello,

Players should not alter game files to gain an advantage over other players (such as altering cool downs, damage increase hacks, speed hacks or auto-target hacks). If there is an add-on or program that clearly exploits something in game or gives you an advantage over other players, do not use it. If you have any other questions about what is considered a violation, please refer to the User Agreement and Rules of Conduct: http://us.ncsoft.com/en/legal/user-agreements/

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards, 

Rain
NCSOFT Support Team

I'm pretty sure everyone knows that modding files isn't allowed since nc does not support it and you're risking your account by doing so, the devs have clarified this many times. Even using ping boosters can get you banned. No one is claiming that it's allowed but rather how helpful it is for those with high ping and what the devs can do to make the game enjoyable for players with high ping.

33 minutes ago, Shanetheillest said:

I'm pretty sure everyone knows that modding files isn't allowed since nc does not support it and you're risking your account by doing so, the devs have clarified this many times. Even using ping boosters can get you banned. No one is claiming that it's allowed but rather how helpful it is for those with high ping and what the devs can do to make the game enjoyable for players with high ping.

That CSR response doesn't saying anything about altering a file, it just says no add-on programs or apps.

1 hour ago, KlausFlouride said:

That CSR response doesn't saying anything about altering a file, it just says no add-on programs or apps.

It says right at the beginning of the response players should not alter game files xD and xml editor alters it since you're changing a value

9 hours ago, Yndril said:

Irrelevant and pointless arguments, It has NOTHING to do with the people that used it responsibly that you want to ban for nearing your gameplay. Your sin is believing that other players should not be able to play the same game as you if they don't have good enough ping.

1. I wander how many in true use it "responsible", but it doesnt even matter. They broke ToS. Few post above you have written what devs think about it.

2. No. I belive no one is allowed to broke law. I belive that there is no better humans/peoples/beings (we all known one little guy from germany which said stupidity, about that), which can do anything they wanna, and others can`t. But for example YOU think you and other high ping players can broke law (hack game), and dont care about it, when others can`t do anything. MORE! They should sit silent and do anything. Hypocysity MAX lvl. If you don`t see diffrance between broking law/hacking, and "unfair advantage"(not my fault you have higher ping so its not unfair) then sorry... im done. I think you live in your own world where EVERYTHING must work like you wanna, and you can do enything. its rly sad...

6 hours ago, Shanetheillest said:

No one is claiming that it's allowed

well... someone here claim that its "fair" and should be allowed, even though violent ToS, so... lets add there is one more topic about that which is just... i dont even known how to call it...

5 hours ago, KlausFlouride said:

sorry but i just can`t... rly i just can`t... its beautifull example how xml editor see onyly what they wanna... its not even funny... its just sad...

I read this topic and i dont know is it stupid, funny, or tragic?

Yndril you said it is like working in company, but it isnt, or you shoot in your foot, becouse you get more mony if you work better(then you cant said this A worker has better ping).

also at some point i undersand players with 300 ms that wanna play game with ms like 100-50, but hey what is important in all mmo and you forgot about it? We must play fair, and if you said I can use something and you cant it isnt fair. Then if you tell me "I wanna attack like player with 100-50ms" you must realise that if we say it is ok to edit XML, then players with 100-50ms will attack faster, and it will be the same problem. Why i dont understad this all "we can use it it isnt cheat"? Becouse if someone use 3rd progmam, mess with phisic, edit files, or use other kind of hacks, or chets it allways be cheat, and if we said "hey they should use it", that will mean "we all can use it", and game with cheats int funny ant all.

Some people did not understand clearly what I said.
People with lower ping to start with won't have any change.
Therefor, they can't take advantage of that option since they don't any delay to start with(almost).

It's not cheating. 
And many games uses it: World of Warcrat, Diablo Series, Rift...

Why NCSoft failed?
Some skills uses animations, you can set a cd between animations (waiting completion)
so you can use the next one. Why does making GCD lower breaking animations(ani-cancel)?
because they did not implement it properly.

Look at SF, left click's haves your left click locked while animation. BUT not right click.
so making a L-R-L cancels animation and allows you to attack faster to start with without waiting
for animation to complete before next attack while keeping the dps.

Low-ping players to start with uses ani-cancel a LOT, and you don't need to modify GCD for it, since you're low ping.
and even modifying it won't change a damn thing.

So for High-ping players can't ani-cancel because they have such a HUGE delay between them and server.
So to compensate that, we have global cooldown. It's supposed to be the same value as your average ping so you don't have to experience that
chunky attack speed and be able to keep up with the enemies's dps.

Hope that clarified a bit.

As another poster mentioned before, World of Warcraft already matches GCD settings to ping, unlike Blade and Soul. It's a standard step that should have already been implemented. As an Australian player with 230ms to the server and 400ms+ ingame ping, being able to attack at only 60% speed (at best... it's usually 40% because of fps issues lmao) compared to a low ping player is extremely frustrating, especially considering how reliant this game is on enrage timers and stunlock combos. This really needs to be added into the client as soon as possible. When these delays are combined with my frame rate issues... it's not pretty.

Frankly, I don't understand what people are afraid of. Low ping players will still have a huge reaction time advantage over high ping players. That tactical advantage will never go away. You can react faster, you'll always attack first, you'll load in faster, and you'll always be one step ahead. But attack speed should never be this closely tied to ping - it's this factor that makes Blade and Soul uniquely bad, networking wise.

Take a look at this attack speed comparison between low ping and high ping. It's enormous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwaz_aAih-A

It's true, if global cooldown matches ping properly, high ping players will be able to begin dumpstering low ping players who are significantly less skilled. But that's the way it should be. There's no need to be afraid because your competition will get stronger, you just have to get good.

I'm interested in spending money on this game again, but not while my gameplay experience is like this. There is no server I can move to that will really give me much lower ping. I might lower my ms to 130-150 if I if I play in TW/Garena, but that's considered by many people to still be rather bad ping, and more importantly - I only speak English. Also, I'm not willing to move out of Australia because I kinda like an MMO. And I can deal with all the other problems of high ping just fine, like I have for two decades.

XML modification is off-limits for me, because I'm not interested in losing my account.

But it's so tempting... I just want to dumpster bad players, and lose to good ones. Is that so much to ask?

@Irisdina

I agree that XML editing the game should be avoided if at all possible. It's true that it can be abused by low ping players to go beyond what the game normally allows.

But let's put that aside for a moment.

What's wrong with NCSoft adding an ingame option to match global cooldown delay to the client's ping? (without going below the default value of 100 of course...) Frankly, every argument against it sounds a bit like "I enjoy having unique advantages over other players, and I don't want to compete on an even playing field."

Two things;

1: High ping players will still be worse off. You'll still react 100-200ms+ faster, you'll still begin combos earlier. You'll still have a competitive edge, but it just won't be as absurd as it is now.

2: People don't really have much control of their ping... at all.

- Some countries are just really far away from all other major regions.

- Some countries have really awful internet infrastructure.

- You only have so much control of where and how your traffic gets routed to the end destination.

3: This change would mostly help you too. You might not know it, but your Cross-Server teammates come from all across the world, not just North America (if you're on NA) or Germany (if you're on EU). Teammates that can attack faster are stronger teammates. And stronger teammates mean faster dungeon clears. More profit for you, more profit for everyone.

Plus, you should get excited about an influx of higher level competition. Don't you want to experience the fun of getting double air-comboed by new and exciting people from all corners of the globe? THINK OF THE POSSIBILITIES!

Please don't oppose people trying to achieve just a little bit of parity.

Don't be selfish. Don't be stupid. It's good for the game.

3 hours ago, Irisdina said:

But for example YOU think you and other high ping players can broke law (hack game), and dont care about it, when others can`t do anything. MORE! They should sit silent and do anything. Hypocysity MAX lvl. If you don`t see diffrance between broking law/hacking, and "unfair advantage"(not my fault you have higher ping so its not unfair) then sorry... im done. I think you live in your own world where EVERYTHING must work like you wanna, and you can do enything. its rly sad...

Told you time and time again, I don't have high ping and I do not use this.

Further discussions with you is not going to yield anything, have a nice weekend.

10 minutes ago, Kogaruh said:

Look at SF, left click's haves your left click locked while animation. BUT not right click.
so making a L-R-L cancels animation and allows you to attack faster to start with without waiting
for animation to complete before next attack while keeping the dps.

Actually, if you attack with rmb too early with (earth) SF, you cancel lmb before it connects (lmb never hits, no focus, no damage)., kinda like BM could do with singing lark before it was removed (looked funny though). That is my own observations at least, might be tied to ping?

" Cheating is the receiving of a reward for ability or finding an easy way out of an unpleasant situation by dishonest means. It is generally used for the breaking of rules to gain unfair advantage in a competitive situation" Wikipedia source.

For a High ping player can you explain me in which situation it's an unfair advantage when he could just play as better as a low/normal ping player.
I'm totally agree to forbid this use for low ping players because they already play in best situation as possible.
But i'm totally agree to allow high ping player to use it.
How do you want a game stay competitive if the players haven't the same possibilities ? Please open your eyes.
If you play more faster than the game allow you by default, yes it's a cheat. But if you play as fast as a normal ping/low ping with a High ping, it's just a trick.

I came back 3 months ago and before i leave in 2016 May , with the same connection and computer than today i played on BNS with 70/80ms ping.
But since i came back my ping is up to 150/160ms during the day and it decrease only to 110/120 when midnight is arrived (because less people on server probably).
I already have the same ISP, the same configuration, the same location, my connection is always stable and i play still from Europe.
So, I'm European and i play on an European server, normally. How is that my connection is so bad on a located game ?
1 - The distance to the server is too long ? Maybe, but logicially it still stay in Franckfurt, right ? (sadly, only login server it seems now)
2 - Ncsoft have the worst server quality i ever seen since I played MMO for more than 10 years ? Certainly.
3 - Ncsoft prefer to release troves event instead of improving quality server with all the money we give them ? Of course

You want i switch server ? And where do you want i go ? in CN ? in KR ? in JP ? Stop to be so stupid, i want to play on my country server as lots of other players.
When first Beta released in KR, i was on and i got more 300ms. But i NEVER cried because i went there in knowing the bad ping i had.

Currently, it's totally unacceptable to play in these conditions while we are playing on a located server. I pay to play correctly, not to be on a rotten game.
I love PvP, before i leaved last year, i reached platinum medal, but now it's totally impossible because of latency and worst quality server.

WOW (World Of Warcraft) implemented this way in game to allow high ping players to play in good conditions and there is no problem with that.
All of you who don't want this xml modification : How do you want NA/EU could be competitive with KR, CN if we'll still have bad ping ?
Did you think about that ? No way with your comment.

So if the compagny doesn't move her finger and prefers to be a couch potatoes, every players like me have to take any decisions by our own to be able to play in decent conditions.

Either you're stupid, either you're selfish if all of you can't still understand this way.

I think this all discution is stupid becouse:

players that said XML edition is OK said it is ok onyly if some group of players can do it(and that isnt fair, if some grou can do, and some cant do on server)

players that said XML edition isnt OK said it is cheat, and it is hight ping players foult for their ping.

I know all players wanna have almost 0ms, all players wanna have 120fps all time, and max graphic settiongs, but hey we cant have all we wanna.

Just stop for a moment and think: i wrote in my previous post if we said someone can cheat, then all can cheat. I know hight ping players wanna edit XML to have better gameplay, but if we go that way all players with low ping can say "I wanna have 0ping" or "I wanna have 0 CD skill" or "I wann infinity hp", you know what i mean? Cheat is cheat it isnt matter what cheat you use it allways be cheat, and if we say "cheat are legal" it wont be for one group but for all if we wanna be fair.

Titernia I dont want to offend you but it wikipedia isnt rly good source for this discution, becouse it is created by people like me,you, and other players, you can write there whatever you want.

From perspectiove of WoW from what i know Wow havd ginat exodus(I dont play it, but my friend told me).

Playing with KR,CH, and other regions? You wanna see, me too, becouse it will be tragic, when ppl cant use editet XML, hack, cheats, macro and other shits and must fight fair with top players that fight fair.(I dont wanna offend anyone).

Archived