Forums

Someone posted this on reddit, about XML... And I think the guy has a point.

raiklock

On 2017-5-30 at 6:01 PM, GenericNick said:

I like how all of you selectively omitted the part how this can be abused to break the rules of the game.

Also, I like how the author of this video dedicated so little time to it.

Internet objectivity at its finest.

What this guy said ^

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok so i end report this guy and this is what NCS say.

Jun 6, 08:58 PDT

Hello,

Thank you for reporting this incident.
Please note that NCosft does not support third party programs. Once, our game surveillance caught your account using unsupported application their is a possibility that your account will be suspended or permanently banned.
You can use any third party program. However, use it on your own risk.
If there's anything else that we can assist you with, please let us know

Now why NCS say you can use third party programs?

And no1 know what NCS real do now.

3 hours ago, Fufia said:

ok so i end report this guy and this is what NCS say.

Jun 6, 08:58 PDT

Hello,

Thank you for reporting this incident.
Please note that NCosft does not support third party programs. Once, our game surveillance caught your account using unsupported application their is a possibility that your account will be suspended or permanently banned.
You can use any third party program. However, use it on your own risk.
If there's anything else that we can assist you with, please let us know

Good luck with your account. It seems like the GM checked your account history when reviewing your ticket.

I might have gotten this wrong but Fufia is saying that he/she reported a person who was showing off DPS meter in 6m normal instance and the response from NC was as he/she posted.

3 hours ago, Fufia said:

NC support is basically saying that do what ever you like but don't cry if you get banned for your actions.

It only means that the game surveillance monitor which program is used while playing. Basically, if any "unsupported" program is detected, you can get banned anytime if they happen to feel like it.

You CAN use 3rd party programs, but this is NOT allowed and can get you banned.

21 minutes ago, hwalien said:

I might have gotten this wrong but Fufia is saying that he/she reported a person who was showing off DPS meter in 6m normal instance and the response from NC was as he/she posted.

NC support is basically saying that do what ever you like but don't cry if you get banned for your actions.

You understood well.

And i dont reported just for the DPS meter in 6man PT just this dont make me lost time

I strat record this run because this guy atk speed looks to fast for me.

I basically see in here this: Low ping players don't want "the Plebs" -as they call them- to be on a decent dmg/seg amount. Envy? Superiority issues, i don't hecking know but as the very reason of this post stated: There are good and bad things for using this kind of Tweak, because i see this as a Game Tweak -IF USED WITHIN DECENT/ACCEPTABLE VALUES- i might add. Some other big part of the community see this as a threat for game stability and a hack (the reasons might be: they don't use it because they don't know, or they are just trump supporters or w.e lol), this group of ppl is right and wrong as well.

If NCSoft love money -as that guy on the video stated- then they will provide anything for the best of us all, before something inevitable happens. And i trust they will find a solution that will make most of us happy or satisfied. 

28 minutes ago, MusitaX said:

I basically see in here this: Low ping players don't want "the Plebs" -as they call them- to be on a decent dmg/seg amount. Envy? Superiority issues, i don't hecking know but as the very reason of this post stated: There are good and bad things for using this kind of Tweak, because i see this as a Game Tweak -IF USED WITHIN DECENT/ACCEPTABLE VALUES- i might add. Some other big part of the community see this as a threat for game stability and a hack (the reasons might be: they don't use it because they don't know, or they are just trump supporters or w.e lol), this group of ppl is right and wrong as well.

If NCSoft love money -as that guy on the video stated- then they will provide anything for the best of us all, before something inevitable happens. And i trust they will find a solution that will make most of us happy or satisfied. 

might as well call it an update, a patch, new version of BnS or what ever that makes you feel better about yourself.

doesn't change the fact that your still breaking rules and by doing so you are taking advantage over those who despite having high ping doesn't use this for what ever reason. 

One guy robs a bank, simply to feed his family.

Another guy robs a bank, because he wanted to for fun.

Both got caught.

Is 1 more guilty then the other? No....they both broke the law, the reason for doing so does not matter.

That is how and what xml edits are. Trying to justify your reason is just an excuse. I understand not everyone has an acceptable ping, but that doesnt mean modifying your game should be allowed. Asking and pleading with KR devs to add in an option to adjust in-game is the only way you can legally do it. Otherwise you are cheating, in 1 form or another.

2 hours ago, Duriensbane said:

One guy robs a bank, simply to feed his family.

Another guy robs a bank, because he wanted to for fun.

Both got caught.

Is 1 more guilty then the other? No....they both broke the law, the reason for doing so does not matter.

That is how and what xml edits are. Trying to justify your reason is just an excuse. I understand not everyone has an acceptable ping, but that doesnt mean modifying your game should be allowed. Asking and pleading with KR devs to add in an option to adjust in-game is the only way you can legally do it. Otherwise you are cheating, in 1 form or another.

Even the law has conditions to lessen the punishment your crime.

Having a reasonable reason makes you gain the sympathy of the judge and easier for your lawyer to talk a way that make your punishment lessened.

Doing crime for fun just makes the judge have their blood boiled and decided what they think to be the heaviest punishment.

There is even case where heavy crime like murder is declare innocent if you have mental problem.

Same crime, different motivations, different results.

Back to the topic, as long as NCWest is not serious about enforcing their own law, players will keep stepping into the grey area. It is like a putting a scarecrow on the field to chase away crows that feed your crop. Once the crows notice that the scarecrow does nothing to them, they will flock to the field again.

If NCWest does not want to ban like half of the playerbase, but also want them to not violate the ToS again, then they should:

-Find a way to stop people gaining benefits from editing xml. Put the code somewhere else harder to access or whatever.

-Declare that "Fix your clients, or we're going to bannnnnnnnnnnn you... for real". Give players the time to repair their clients back to the original, and you will see no xml editors any more.

The ball is on NC's side. Those who use the edit will continue using it until it's made unusable and they find something else to up their game. Those calling it a cheat will continue doing so until, again, it's made unusable and they find another thing to call cheat. So really, this thread has been going in circles for awhile with no more real useful info other than we knowing which users are in favor or against it.

So I did ask bns support team regarding this because it really helps high ping players. If your not a high ping player better STFU because you don't know how it's like to be one.

Jun 6, 22:49 PDT

Hi Blade and Soul Support Team,

I would just like to inquire regarding the validity of editing the xml file of the game application to improve the gaming experience of high ping players. I recently discovered on the internet a video guide on how to edit the XML file using a third-party program called BNS Buddy. It says that it will help improve your gaming experience on Blade and Soul, especially for high-ping players like me.

I am unsure if you guys are familiar with this, but I would like to know if this is legitimate and if using this would be a major offense that can suspend or ban an account. I have tried BNS Buddy for 2-3 days and it did help in improving my gaming experience, as I saw a big difference in my character's skills and I can actually enjoy playing with low-ping players as well. Without this tool, it will be difficult to enjoy playing BNS especially on PvP. You can only get by with PvE if that were the case.

So I would like to know directly from you guys if using a program like BNS Buddy and editing the XML file is valid/legitimate, since only you guys can provide a valid, technical answer to this question. I have tried asking on the BNS forums but there's no valid answer yet that can verify the legitimacy of this program and if it's okay to actually edit XML files. Because I have used BNS Buddy in good faith, knowing that this can help with my high ping situation.

I'd like to know straight from you guys if using BNS Buddy would be considered "cheating" or rigging the game, because if it is, then let us know so we'll be aware of the circumstances that may come with it.

Their Reply,

Jun 7, 03:07 PDT

Hello,

I understand the inconvenience you are experiencing with high ping. Unfortunately, we do not recommend modifying game files. As per stated in our Rules of Conduct, modifying any part of the Blade & Soul Client can lead to an account termination. It's not about what is modified and even if you judge that a modification is harmless and does not give you any particular advantage, it is still a violation of our Rules of Conduct. We will not be able to assist you with your account if an issue occurred due to using third party programs or modifying game files.

Jun 7, 09:53 PDT

Hello again,

Rest assured that if the system detects any kind of malicious software/file that may try to alter the client, it will automatically ban the account.

DOES ANYONE ALREADY GET BANNED USING THIS? 

20 hours ago, Duriensbane said:

As if NC holds any sort of authority over what we do on our own hardware. The bits on my hard drive belong to me. ME! Not to them. And clicking a button on the CoC on every game launch will not save them in court if push comes to shove and a ban dispute is initiated, as it holds no legal weight. If they want their pet software to monitor the ram dedicated to their game, they can go ahead and do that. But we are starting to have a situation where it becomes so needy that we, the private users, need to ADJUST our PC so their software can feel convenient enough to run.

Also as much as I agree with the ToS/CoC in regard to file modification, I have zero problem with people modifying files in order to counter their lag. Why? Because NC doesn't do anything to alleviate said lag. "You have lag? Well too bad!" is NOT a solution.

17 minutes ago, MassiveEgo said:

As if NC holds any sort of authority over what we do on our own hardware. The bits on my hard drive belong to me. ME! Not to them. And clicking a button on the CoC on every game launch will not save them in court if push comes to shove and a ban dispute is initiated, as it holds no legal weight. If they want their pet software to monitor the ram dedicated to their game, they can go ahead and do that. But we are starting to have a situation where it becomes so needy that we, the private users, need to ADJUST our PC so their software can feel convenient enough to run.

Also as much as I agree with the ToS/CoC in regard to file modification, I have zero problem with people modifying files in order to counter their lag. Why? Because NC doesn't do anything to alleviate said lag. "You have lag? Well too bad!" is NOT a solution.

are you sure about this? I'm no lawyer but if your right, all the hackers that are locked up will have go free... don't you think so?

• NCSOFT

Hello,

As stated in our Rules of Conduct which can be found here, any modification of the game client can lead to an account suspension or termination. 

YOU MAY NOT MODIFY ANY PART OF THE BLADE & SOUL CLIENT, SERVER, OR ANY PART OF THE OFFICIAL BLADE & SOUL WEBSITE.

The above should be pretty clear and applies to all files. Thank you for your understanding.

Archived