This needs to stop immediately!

Backstabpuss

The 6v6 has become a joke and you need to come up with a solution or you will lose new players.

As if the problem of whales and unfair matchmaking wasnt enough, NCSOFT came up with the "brilliant" idea of introducing 60 point deduction if you "LEAVE" battleground. I intentionally caps-ed leave cuz thats how its written by the company. Ofc....no words about disconnecting from famous Error:1000 bla bla bla.

2 weeks ago I was 1435 on my sin and going up. I dced in Beluga when my pty was at 1600+ points and winning vs a good team that would have brought me prolly 20-30 more points. I ended up at 1365 and every pty from then I was matchmaked with HM 6-7-10 and lost all matches... Yday I dced again and now I stand at 1300 points. Yes...AT THE BEGGINING! This is a complete nightmare. 

My simple question.

Why I should do 6vs6 when I have no chance of advancing?

I am pretty sure I will dc once in 7-8 matches, which will nullify all my advance. At later stages if you win you advance no more than 5-15 points.

And I aint gona do 6vs6 only for battle points , at 50-100 per match. (since most will be loses).

And not only this.

Your brilliant idea is also being exploited by higher geared whales who intentionally derank so they can help their clan mates or friends. A top Raven geared player can alone wipe entire Beleful/Seraph/Galaxy players...so no point adding coments.

You seriosly need to do smth about it very fast.

I suggest 15-20 point deduction instead of 60 as a fast measure.

Yes, I agree that they should add the "join back" function to battleground after you disconnected. In order to distinguish between real disconnection or fake disconnection, people can choose to go back into battleground after they re-log back in. If they pick to choose to go back into the match, then there is no penalty  (not -60 points). If they choose to not going back to the match, then the -60 points applied.

What happen if the match is ended when we logged in back? It is simple. The "join back" function should still be activated and when the player clicked "yes" to join back to the match, but the match is over already, the player will be forbidden to join another battlefield match for 1 hour and no penalty will be applied (just regular points added or deducted based on the match's result.) If the player clicked "no", then penalty will be applied. This is to prevent player to quit the match immediately when they see they have no chance of winning.

46 minutes ago, FrozenB said:

Yes, I agree that they should add the "join back" function to battleground after you disconnected. In order to distinguish between real disconnection or fake disconnection, people can choose to go back into battleground after they re-log back in. If they pick to choose to go back into the match, then there is no penalty  (not -60 points). If they choose to not going back to the match, then the -60 points applied.

What happen if the match is ended when we logged in back? It is simple. The "join back" function should still be activated and when the player clicked "yes" to join back to the match, but the match is over already, the player will be forbidden to join another battlefield match for 1 hour and no penalty will be applied (just regular points added or deducted based on the match's result.) If the player clicked "no", then penalty will be applied. This is to prevent player to quit the match immediately when they see they have no chance of winning.

its a positive idea but yet this still can be abused.

I'm sure ppl will log off and jump on an alt to do some other stuff and come back to collect points.

24 minutes ago, hwalien said:

its a positive idea but yet this still can be abused.

I'm sure ppl will log off and jump on an alt to do some other stuff and come back to collect points.

Yes, that's fine. At least they can't join another match within a hour. They can do dungeons or whatever. At least we won't see this kind of player for another hour or so. That's good enough. Plus, battleground is semi-dead now even during frenzy time. If they keep on doing this during frenzy time, they can only attend 2-3 matches at most per day. If they choose to -60 points, then it is fine too. It is hard to climb up the ladder nowadays since there will be more and more raven players. They can't get full advantages with their raven gear compared to couple months ago.

What I have suggested before was to make the penalty progressive, on a per day basis:

1st penalty after server quest reset: -20

2nd penalty after server quest reset: -40

3rd penalty after server quest reset: -60

...aso

That way, players can stop when they notice their connection is bad, without losing major ranking progression, while making the intentional D/C exploit still unviable.

17 hours ago, FrozenB said:

This is actually the best solution imo.  There are other games out there that already have this function and it's perfectly executed.  There is a 5 minute timer on the ability to relog back in though, and then the auto-response answer is no.  Then again, if you have to take more than 300 seconds to get logged back into the game then you might want to either think about mowing some yards for a new computer or just don't PvP...  It takes me about 45 seconds to get from clicking the icon on my desktop to entering my password to entering my 6 digit pin to getting past the Blade and Soul screen to clicking my character to entering the game.... 45 seconds to a max of 1 minute, and I have a 900 dollar computer that I built.  

• 2 weeks later...

I feel the proper course of action for people who leave 6v6 matches is that after 5 matches left in a season, they are not allowed to attend any more for the remainder of the season.  Many people dont care about thier 60 point loss, so they still leave slightly unbalanced matches.  And those who do care, are stuck playing in a match 5 on 6 or worse.  With the above (reconnect) option also implemented.

• 2 weeks later...

your only getting 100points per match because you don't have premium, that and your clan rank is probably low, so your not getting the extra bonuses. when ever i win a 6v6 i get around 800-900 per game. and then when its battle frenzy i get around 1300-1400 per game. yes it maybe true that higher gear players with raven are abusing 6v6. but that's because NCsoft hasn't released all the pvp gear yet. why you think galaxy is still at stage 12 and ravens already at stage 6. even then i have stage 12 galaxy and won in 1v1 situations with a raven player. all your doing is complaining about the small things about 6v6 and not seeing that they can be solved easily. what you should be complaining about is theirs not enough pvp gear to counter out people playing with raven and full element accessories. plus pve stats will be separate to pvp stats in future updates, NCsoft just hasn't got round to doing it yet.

Archived