Yeah sure

fruiteaterz

Yyy6EQP.png

I refuse to believe this isn't unintentional from Legosoft's part. Constantly getting me dc-ed right before last boss dies below whatever % of low health they are at any heroic dungeon makes one really wonder how this game is still alive. Can you please stop trollkicking players at crucial times. I'm sick and tired of you blaming our ISP, weak gaming servers and other makeshift bs like dat. Kicking idling players is fine, i get that but leave us alone when we haven't done anything to deserve being punished for getting to the last boss of hard dungeons. Where is the logic and reasoning behind that? Why tf are you punishing players? This is getting to the point where I'm quitting for good. To think i've wasted money in this pile of cricketing... XIGNCODE aka lamegurard, what an unfunny joke is by far the worst, way too many ppl complained about disconnection issues and indeed this is a problematic bs. Enough is enough. Tormenting normal players is absolutely detestable, disgusting, displeasing and nasty. Never gonna buy ncsoins ever again. Just today I have wasted 3 hours to get desolate tomb completed to no avail because you kept slapping DCs left and right when all i wanted was getting last boss killed without having to encounter any problems, but no no you just had to ruin the fun right? You have had one year, one year to fix this f-ing game and here we are worse off than what we started off with in the first place. Well played Duplosoft, well played. Disappointed

On a side note wasting people's precious time like such is against the law by default. Yes we get it sometimes servers are overloaded but that has nothing to do with us. We shouldn't even experience lag spikes for that matter in the first place let alone disconnections. But alas we still do and put up with it. However this kind of DC-lordery where you just go saying oh sorry dc, oh aah, mmm, last boss is at 20%. We think forcing players out of the game during crucial moments is funny so lets roll with it multiple times. What for? Give me one feasible reason! It amazes me how I'm still calm after all this like a true lady/gentleman, and yeah my gender is of no concern to you after all you put me trough.

To put it bluntly we as players demand considerable yet rightful compensation with all due respect or lack of it so to speak for all the lost time where only god knows what could have been looted from last bosses of tomb, cita, foundry and the likes. Since time is money, it follows for it's only natural that you as developers, developers, developers and staff along with any other people responsible for the current state of affairs either give us some sort of compensation like free hongmoon coins to make up for your unethical way of kicking players out of dungeons as described in my first post or somehow give us back the time we have lost. I think the latter isn't possible due to technological limitations and CERN being lazy as NCSOFT so it isn't surprising there would be no way you could create a time displacement machine allowing us the affected players to go back in time and regain that lost time, not as a concept but as something that is actually a thing, if you know what I mean. See we are generous beyond one's comprehensible imagination but our patience isn't unlimited like the stars, sand on the beach, water molecules in the sea etc. PS I'll keep this thread updated like a personal blog or something along those lines, you decide.

FYI, please note that I'd also be fine receiving a fidget spinner with BnS design as a third option. Didn't achieve my PHD for naught, all these ideas popping into my head and I'm kind enough to share they joy. On a serious note fix your servers, compensate us and stay cool.

• Aurinya locked and unlocked this topic
On 30/05/2017 at 2:28 PM, fruiteaterz said:

On a side note wasting people's precious time like such is against the law by default. Yes we get it sometimes servers are overloaded but that has nothing to do with us. We shouldn't even experience lag spikes for that matter in the first place let alone disconnections. But alas we still do and put up with it. However this kind of DC-lordery where you just go saying oh sorry dc, oh aah, mmm, last boss is at 20%. We think forcing players out of the game during crucial moments is funny so lets roll with it multiple times. What for? Give me one feasible reason! It amazes me how I'm still calm after all this like a true lady/gentleman, and yeah my gender is of no concern to you after all you put me trough.

I understand your feeling regarding the problems you're encountering with.

Yet, I think you should check on your connection first before getting more disappointed. A lot players have messed up machines they play games with and outdated drivers or tools installed which compromises the data traffic the machine receives or sends.

The disconnects you're experiencing with sounds like a great packet-loss problem you might have had, or you still may have.

You might not know but BnS uses the TCP-Connection protocol not only for the launcher. The game itself uses several TCP-Connections too.

Unlike UDP, the TCP protocol acknowledges if the packet was received, and it stops receiving the next package if one was lost trying to request the lost package until it receives it. This is also the reason why the game stops for you once you experience this kind of packet-loss.

So, the disconnect is caused because there is a timeout built in it, which is mandatory with TCP connections in order to avoid unnecessary load.

A reconnect implementation is probably not present, because it is denied with TCP connections, since the TCP socket needs to run the TCP 3-Way-Handschake before requesting and receiving packets. Thus you'd need to establish a new socket to the same Host, but this causes the game to disconnect if the socket gets interrupted for whatever reason.

I admit it is unfortunate that the game uses TCP and this isn't common either. Online games usually use UDP based protocol connections with longer timeouts, since UDP doesn't acknowledge data received. The host sends data packages to the client regardless if they were received or not. Using UDP you'd only experience lags in such circumstances, since you may still receive other packets.

This is just some basic knowledge for you, so you can understand why these disconnects are caused at least. Of course there might be other issues as well which may cause a disconnect, like a high load on the server or a broken/damaged network interface card, as well as issues which might be causing from your back-end, like a high load on your bandwidth or a damaged LAN-cable!

That's why I'd suggest to check on your connection, machine and your LAN first, then asking here or the customer support providing the intel you investigated on your side, if you couldn't find a solution yet.

It's useless to rage and get disappointed judging over NCsoft without making this investigation first. You won't help yourself, nor will you help NCsoft with this.

On 2017. 06. 03. at 1:29 AM, RAID said:

I understand your feeling regarding the problems you're encountering with.

Yet, I think you should check on your connection first before getting more disappointed. A lot players have messed up machines they play games with and outdated drivers or tools installed which compromises the data traffic the machine receives or sends.

The disconnects you're experiencing with sounds like a great packet-loss problem you might have had, or you still may have.

You might not know but BnS uses the TCP-Connection protocol not only for the launcher. The game itself uses several TCP-Connections too.

Unlike UDP, the TCP protocol acknowledges if the packet was received, and it stops receiving the next package if one was lost trying to request the lost package until it receives it. This is also the reason why the game stops for you once you experience this kind of packet-loss.

So, the disconnect is caused because there is a timeout built in it, which is mandatory with TCP connections in order to avoid unnecessary load.

A reconnect implementation is probably not present, because it is denied with TCP connections, since the TCP socket needs to run the TCP 3-Way-Handschake before requesting and receiving packets. Thus you'd need to establish a new socket to the same Host, but this causes the game to disconnect if the socket gets interrupted for whatever reason.

I admit it is unfortunate that the game uses TCP and this isn't common either. Online games usually use UDP based protocol connections with longer timeouts, since UDP doesn't acknowledge data received. The host sends data packages to the client regardless if they were received or not. Using UDP you'd only experience lags in such circumstances, since you may still receive other packets.

This is just some basic knowledge for you, so you can understand why these disconnects are caused at least. Of course there might be other issues as well which may cause a disconnect, like a high load on the server or a broken/damaged network interface card, as well as issues which might be causing from your back-end, like a high load on your bandwidth or a damaged LAN-cable!

That's why I'd suggest to check on your connection, machine and your LAN first, then asking here or the customer support providing the intel you investigated on your side, if you couldn't find a solution yet.

It's useless to rage and get disappointed judging over NCsoft without making this investigation first. You won't help yourself, nor will you help NCsoft with this.

Implying i haven't done my homework regarding ICT. I'm quite tech savy when it comes to such affairs. I have posted my specs before on several occassions on different forums and it wears me out to keep doing that. Some of us aren't even sure what for since Ncsoft staff are clearly out of their mind ignoring all the reports they receive.

Having said that, I either have to conclude that you are an Ncsoft moderator or forum assistant in a fairly transparent disguise of an alt, with that one single post combined with the tone and style of your writing, there is no doubt you are a fraud. If not, i'm sorry to make false accusations. However i'm 99% sure you are taking me for a fool whether you are a related employee to Ncsoft in any way or just a normal user like most of us. Note that I have played BnS CN originally before the trainwreck of EU and NA. And guess what, i never gotten disconnected from their servers, not even once.

But yeah, on the off chance you are a legit user, Players blaming players, now that is a new low. I will just pretend i didn't see you intruding on my rambling of a thread where i went off fumes of exasperation. It is extremely insulting to see such blatant arrogance and ignorance by blaming the players instead of looking at matters on the developers end. Ncsoft is clearly at fault. I haven't had any problems back in the Pre-X3 days. Have you even searched in the forums with the keyword Xigncode3? Threads after threads keep popping up complaining and rebuking BnS because they can't play the game as well as they used to. Why not blame those players instead? How would you like experiencing the same cricketing BS we affected users do, as explained in the posts above. It must be nice for the few lucky players who have no issues whatsoever, but us dedicated players playing on semi-high-end machines with fiber optics connection, it is laughable to see the game fail this hard.

I'm not working for NCsoft. I just entered to the forums with the intention of creating a feedback topic about something else.

While I was checking if my topic was already present or not, I found this topic of yours and I wanted to help you out a bit.

As this kind of problem is related with networking, which is also my job btw. for I am working as a Sysadmin, it seems that you clearly don't know anything about IT networking. That's why I shared this knowledge with you.

I don't intent to get personal or something, but seriously dude, you should learn to calm down.

• 4 months later...
On 2017. 06. 03. at 10:02 PM, RAID said:

I'm not working for NCsoft. I just entered to the forums with the intention of creating a feedback topic about something else.

While I was checking if my topic was already present or not, I found this topic of yours and I wanted to help you out a bit.

As this kind of problem is related with networking, which is also my job btw. for I am working as a Sysadmin, it seems that you clearly don't know anything about IT networking. That's why I shared this knowledge with you.

I don't intent to get personal or something, but seriously dude, you should learn to calm down.

I'm sorry you had to put up with my irrational fury ITT. Venting my frutration about disconnects and acting like a spoiled child wasn't very adult of me. And it seems like the developers were competent after all because xingcode works pretty well now. Hardly got any disconnects so wanted to say thank you. Also sorry if I have offended NC and staff in any way. Don't take what was written here at face value. Just think of it as someone loosing his cool and spouting nonsense. You are a cool dude @RAID peace bro.

wow, that's quite an old thread here already :D
Well, good that it works for you by now at least. However, don't worry about me though, I am still not an ncsoft employee :D

I don't believe that they could pay my wage anyway if I had to work for them as a network administrator ;)

Archived